Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

i guess we have 2 different point of views. i already think this season is somewhat ruined, thereby becoming expendable versus next season.

not voiding this season. abandoning all remaining fixtures

I’d say so. And then the virus hit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

pjohnson wrote: »
    As long as you ignore the Whittingham news.

Oh wow thanked by "MunichFakeNews". Talk about a classy bunch :pac:

Celebrating the virus then this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

On a side note. Someone needs to check Gimli isn't dead. Assuming he's also in isolation playing COD and drinking wine I haven't seen him post in awhile :pac:

On a side note. Someone needs to check Gimli isn't dead. Assuming he's also in isolation playing COD and drinking wine I haven't seen him post in awhile :pac:

Does he have his axe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Oh wow thanked by "MunichFakeNews".

Doesnt post much but let's his thanks do the talking- imagine being like that.
    Sad really.

• New Doom game out tomorrow
    Gimli is busy drawing pentagrams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Sad really.

Shame. Who the **** started that ridiculous trend??

• More embarrassing watching grown men get triggered over who thanks their posts and then hypocritical do it themselves anyway

It's a cute obsession that nobody gives a **** about anywhere on this website accept the soccer forum

Sad really.

Form is temporary but class is permanent. Some are just naturally worthless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

More embarrassing watching grown men get triggered over who thanks their posts and then hypocritical do it themselves anyway

It's a cute obsession that nobody gives a **** about anywhere on this website accept the soccer forum

So, commenting is now 'triggered'.

You seem more triggered about thanks than most.

Strange that.

• Advertisement

• ShamoBuc wrote: »
    So, commenting is now 'triggered'.

You seem more triggered about thanks than most.

Strange that.

"My da is bigger than your da" right here^

Not taking the news well today. Jeez.

Great day for United fans I know. Great chance of Champions league for Ole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

the embarrassing one's are whoever created these thanks accounts.

Surely something we all agree on.

Literally makes no sense :pac:

MD1990 wrote: »

I'd thank you post but I'm too busy measuring da's :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Literally makes no sense :pac:

Full on meltdown coming by the looks of it, didn’t even take losing an FA Cup final this time. :pac:

Well some Liverpool fans appear to love it anyway. Not suprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

martyos121 wrote:
    Full on meltdown coming by the looks of it, people being called peados and nonces, and having threats of violence issued towards them.... and it didn’t even take losing a European Cup final this time.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

pjohnson wrote:

Weren't they the ones who wanted the thanks button removed from the soccer forum

• Advertisement

Love what the thanks accounts with dipper this& that & the Munich One?

You serious:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I can't see the league resuming at the end of April anywhere that has had a major infection. Going by other timelines the virus will be rampant right about then.

If the deadline is missed I’ve a few questions,

What happens too free agents on June 30th (Adam Lallana for example)

What’s happens to players who are signed from July 1st (Hakim Zeyich)

If Liverpool played Chelsea on July 4th can Zeyich play? Can Lallana? What powers do the league/UEFA have to force Lallana to stay beyond his current contract should he refuse to play? I assume they can stop Zeyichs registration untill the new season tho

Indefinitely doesn’t infinitely. At some point you have to call a halt.

If UEFA decide to leave the champions league qualifying rounds on the dates they are currently and other country’s don’t change their transfer windows will the FA in England keep their window till later in the year when the revised season ends? If the PL restarts late in the summer and isn’t over and a champions league qualifier is due to be played how do the FA decide who goes forward? UEFA will still have a big say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

brinty wrote: »
    FYP

You’d have to reach one first, let alone lose it. Bizarre “FYP”. :confused:

Love what the thanks accounts with dipper this& that & the Munich One?

You serious:confused:

Picture has become pretty clear anyway ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

At least the mods are active to stop this becoming a Trainwreck :pac:

• At least the mods are active to stop this becoming a Trainwreck :pac:

State of it tbh haha

Few lads need to get some air, being housebound is obviously driving em nuts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

New Doom game out tomorrow
    Gimli is busy drawing pentagrams
    Sober yet?

You are embarrassing yourself
    Really, go on

Point it out if you have the guile to accuse people
    Like what

Go on lads, Keep spoofing / speculating
    Ah so you deflecting

As expected
    Let's wait for this one
    State of it tbh haha

yes the state of it indeed

State of it tbh haha

yes Liverpool fans are going nuts at the news today from the PL.

Whoever created those accounts are the one's who need air.

• Ah yes, no context from another obsessed poster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

And yet when I complained a few weeks ago about a likebot (called rememberTurin) constantly doing the same thing in this thread, I was told in the thread by a mod that there is nothing that can be done about it and instead of posting in this thread, should instead have PM'd the mod instead of derailing the thread.

A few of the people who thanked the mod's post about nothing they could do it about, are now the very people doing that. They didn't post complaining about the likebot back then, but were online when it was happening.

If you want to take a look for yourselves, just look here.
    There's fuck all I can do about that beyond informing admins, and you know it. Why didn't you PM me instead of continuing to ruin the thread?

Don't answer that on thread btw.

People in glass houses and all that.

• FitzShane wrote: »
    And yet when I complained a few weeks ago about a likebot (called rememberTurin) constantly doing the same thing in this thread, I was told in the thread by a mod that there is nothing that can be done about it and instead of posting in this thread, should instead have PM'd the mod instead of derailing the thread.

A few of the people who thanked the mod's post about nothing they could do it about, are now the very people doing that. They didn't post complaining about the likebot back then, but were online when it was happening.

If you want to take a look for yourselves, just look here.

Id suggest going straight to an admin over pm

Had to do so from stalker accounts in the past following me around obsessed and sending abusive pms

• Advertisement

Id suggest going straight to an admin over pm

Had to do so from stalker accounts in the past following me around obsessed and sending abusive pms

You should probably start selling merchandise. You could make a fortune you've so many fans hanging on your every word.

• pjohnson wrote: »
    You should probably start selling merchandise. You could make a fortune you've so many fans hanging on your every word.

I already do. PM me for weblinks to the hoodies

Edit* above proves your point is fairly accurate:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

If Liverpool played Chelsea on July 4th can Zeyich play? Can Lallana? What powers do the league/UEFA have to force Lallana to stay beyond his current contract should he refuse to play? I assume they can stop Zeyichs registration untill the new season tho

Just to follow up on this AFC Bournemouth have 7 first team players out of contract on June 30th should the league season drag on
    Arthur Boruc
    Simon Francis
    Ryan Fraser
    Jordon Ibe
    Andrew Surman
    Charlie Daniels
    Jack Simpson

Will the FA force them to stay beyond this if they extend the season?
    Harry Wilson’s loan is also up at the end of May. So potentially down 8 first team players
    Sitting in the bottom 3 and perhaps down 8 players if the league continues into July.
    Unless the league answers these questions people will harbor doubts and rightly so. Grand if they get the season up and running early May they should be able to play the match’s. If they cannot get it going until June it’s only going too raise more questions then answers

Boris Johnson just said he hopes to “Turn the tide in 12 weeks” that’s June 11th

bangkok wrote: »
    this is the general premier league thread, not the "obsessed and sending abusive pm's" thread

Oh I didn't think you knew this was the PL thread. You seemed to think it was the obsessed with t.hanks thread with your almanac of his posts :pac:

Just to follow up on this AFC Bournemouth have 7 first team players out of contract on June 30th should the league season drag on
    Arthur Boruc
    Simon Francis
    Ryan Fraser
    Jordon Ibe
    Andrew Surman
    Charlie Daniels
    Jack Simpson

Harry Wilson’s loan is also up at the end of May. So potentially down 8 first team players
    Sitting in the bottom 3 and perhaps down 8 players if the league continues into July.
    Unless the league answers these questions people will harbor doubts and rightly so. Grand if they get the season up and running early May they should be able to play the match’s. If they cannot get it going until June it’s only going too raise more questions then answers

Absolutely no point tryna have a discussion here until May at best.

Great day tbf.

• pjohnson wrote: »
    Oh I didn't think you knew this was the PL thread. You seemed to think it was the obsessed with t.hanks thread with your almanac of his posts :pac:

The delicious irony of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

any club or business that sues because of this insanity thats happening right now should be shamed,people in their own community's will be devastated by this,the people who go to games,people will die,many people probably, its not anyone in europes fault this has occurred,extraordinary times demand the same reaction, i fully believe that if all clubs..limiting this to football, in the uk agree to finish leagues as is,compensation can be agreed from the clubs gaining from it,either through not being relegated,champions league spots ,promotion spots etc, if they really want to,for one season, to put an end to the pressure and uncertainty,they could do it, and the tv companies cannot hold sway over peoples lives and health. they must agree to this as well,and perhaps gain something in the future by way of actually having something to televise sooner rather than later. the clubs should vote on scenarios regarding ending everything now,positions as is. and restart fresh when things have cleared up.

europe wide.

imo.

That's why rightly or wrongly no one will dare sue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I can't see the league resuming at the end of April anywhere that has had a major infection. Going by other timelines the virus will be rampant right about then.

Indefinitely doesn’t infinitely. At some point you have to call a halt.

Why would anyone try or want to force Lallana to stay and play:confused:
    He can leave and is free to talk to Liverpool about an extention.

The simple solution is transfers happen as normal, no need to change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Arthur Boruc
    Simon Francis
    Ryan Fraser
    Jordon Ibe
    Andrew Surman
    Charlie Daniels
    Jack Simpson

Boris Johnson just said he hopes to “Turn the tide in 12 weeks” that’s June 11th

The season is currently set to finish on June 30th, but after today, the Premier League season can be extended by an indefinite period of time.

It's very easy to give extension to contracts to suit this longer time. Transfer won't go through until the new period of registration opens. And loans can easily be extended also.

All that it takes to extend a loan is the FA agreeing to it. Clubs will want their players to play and players won't turn down new contacts and extra money.

If PL clubs are worried about paying a few players for an extra 8 weeks, then they gave much bigger problems to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will Ighalo be forced to return to China when his loan deal is up?

I bet no matter how much he is paid over there he doesn't fancy going back now.

Will Ighalo be forced to return to China when his loan deal is up?

Whether he leaves Utd or not, I doubt anyone can physically force him on a plane to China :)

Why would anyone try or want to force Lallana to stay and play:confused:
    He can leave and is free to talk to Liverpool about an extention.

The simple solution is transfers happen as normal, no need to change it.

So old season but new squads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whether he leaves Utd or not, I doubt anyone can physically force him on a plane to China :)

The Chinese might ;)

So old season but new squads?

Theres already 2 points during the season that players can move , so hardly a big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Arthur Boruc
    Simon Francis
    Ryan Fraser
    Jordon Ibe
    Andrew Surman
    Charlie Daniels
    Jack Simpson

It's an interesting point. The pl made the call on extending the league beyond normal. Should they foot the bill? How would that work? All clubs pay into a fund to pay these out of contract players?
    If they move the deadline you could have players unemployed but unable to sign for another club.
    I saw willian said he would play on for Chelsea beyond his contact but will obviously want to be paid for that.
    **** if I know!

Theres already 2 points during the season that players can move , so hardly a big deal.

Those two points have passed though. There isnt a 3rd window for transfers. So if they really want to stick to finishing THIS season then transfers cant be permitted as there isn't a chance to register new players. If we are to pretend this season is to finish as usual then registration isnt available until the new deadline for the 20/21 season squad list.

It's an interesting point. The pl made the call on extending the league beyond normal. Should they foot the bill? How would that work? All clubs pay into a fund to pay these out of contract players?

Why would anyone need to pay them:confused: They were out of contract anyway, they'll have been paid up till their contracts end. They are then free to go play for someone else and get paid as normal.

• Theres already 2 points during the season that players can move , so hardly a big deal.

Interesting theory. A 3rd transfer window isn't a ludicrous thought.

As an example (utd specific) it would be nice to cash in on Pogba for arguments sake and get fresh legs in before the seasons out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

That's why rightly or wrongly no one will dare sue.

Different circumstances but Swansea went to cas over sala's death and his transfer. So teams will sue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement