Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Good to see this thread is as informative as usual.

'Banter'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jaysus, Ancelotti has one hell of a job on his hands on the basis of today's game against Liverpool's kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I only saw bits of the game and what I did see never looked like a derby game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I only saw bits of the game and what I did see never looked like a derby game.

Everton ended up being afraid to play against Liverpools kids. Their fans had the entire Anfield Road end and I could barely hear them, the atmosphere was a strange one and only got loud following the goal. A derby in name only but yet another home win v Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Everton ended up being afraid to play against Liverpools kids. Their fans had the entire Anfield Road end and I could barely hear them, the atmosphere was a strange one and only got loud following the goal. A derby in name only but yet another home win v Everton.

9/14 of Liverpool's 'kids' that featured are over the age of 21:

Milner - 34
    Adrian - 33
    Lallana - 31
    Oxlade-Chamberlain - 26
    Minamino - 24
    Origi - 24
    Phillips - 22
    Gomez - 22
    Chirivella - 22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

9/14 of Liverpool's 'kids' that featured are over the age of 21:

Milner - 34
    Adrian - 33
    Lallana - 31
    Oxlade-Chamberlain - 26
    Minamino - 24
    Origi - 24
    Phillips - 22
    Gomez - 22
    Chirivella - 22

Milner played 9 minutes and Ox played 20. Minamino is at the club 3 days. That was Philips first senior appearance I think. Chrivela has about 5 first team games but not 100% on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

We had this sh1te After the Arsenal carabao game too. Yeah they're not all kids, its still the reserves and still embarrassing to be beat by them when full strength.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Milner played 9 minutes and Ox played 20. Minamino is at the club 3 days. That was Philips first senior appearance I think. Chrivela has about 5 first team games but not 100% on that.

None of that changes the fact that 9/14 who featured were over the age of 21. Hardly kids.
    .G. wrote:
    We had this sh1te After the Arsenal carabao game too. Yeah they're not all kids, its still the reserves and still embarrassing to be beat by them when full strength.

Full strength is a very generous description for an Everton featuring the likes of Schneiderlin, Sidibe, Walcott, plus Coleman playing as a CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

.G. wrote: »
    Christ.

Can't you just taste the salt,and if everton had won earlier the narrative would be how Ancelotti is a much better coach than Klopp cuz he would of beaten him 3 times in little over 12 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

.G. wrote: »
    Christ.

Well he didn't get a bite in the fa cup thread, or at least not the last time I checked anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Can't you just taste the salt,and if everton had won earlier the narrative would be how Ancelotti is a much better coach than Klopp cuz he would of beaten him 3 times in little over 12 months

Nah, it wouldn't, not from any sane poster anyway.

I think Mr. Nice Guy has a point. Reserves would be a more accurate description than kids.

Fantastic to see them win whatever you want to call them, and a cracking goal too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Full strength is a very generous description for an Everton featuring the likes of Schneiderlin, Sidibe, Walcott, plus Coleman playing as a CB.
    Sidibe has pretty much been a start for Everton recently and one of our better players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yup, They have to be Elliot's age to qualify as a kid. Good result for Liverpool reserves/2nd team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

This is it wrote: »
    Nah, it wouldn't, not from any sane poster anyway.

I think Mr. Nice Guy has a point. Reserves would be a more accurate description than kids.

Fantastic to see them win whatever you want to call them, and a cracking goal too.

A reserve side minus the injured Clyne, Lovren & Shaqiri too remember. And Harry Wilson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,080 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

3 of the 4 Liverpool defenders that played 80 odd minutes of the match had a combined 1 first team appearance for Liverpool.

Williams (18) - 1
    Phillips (22) - 0
    Larouci (18) - 0

Before today, Phillips had made a total of 9 career starts. So that's a total of 10 total career starts for 3 players combined. Don't try and tell me that they are not kids.

The other defender was Gomez who is also 22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Does it really matter if they were kids, reserves, whatever? I don't think you'll find anyone that is arguing that it's Liverpool's first team - a collection of one starter (Gomez), several back ups (Adrian, Lallana, Minamino on his first Start, Origi) and reserve/u23s (Elliott, Jones, Williams, Larouci, Philips, Chirivella).

It's hardly the ****ing A-team. Everton are ravaged too but should still be mighty frustrated with their very poor showing in the second half. This Liverpool team was there to be beaten.

Kids in round 4 too I'd expect,and hope.

Everton were evens favourites at kick off :)

Sidibe has pretty much been a start for Everton recently and one of our better players.

He's been playing as an unorthodox right-winger. I've watched him a lot over the years in Ligue 1. Man's been past his best since 16/17.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jesus Wept!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Did you read the article Bangkok. It admits it was mostly rival fans taking the piss and Liverpool fans shouting down idiots using that hashtag.

Plenty.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

He's been playing as an unorthodox right-winger. I've watched him a lot over the years in Ligue 1. Man's been past his best since 16/17.

Yet still an Everton starter.

Baggly wrote: »
    Did you read the article Bangkok. It admits it was mostly rival fans taking the piss and Liverpool fans shouting down idiots using that hashtag.

There were still a section that wanted him gone though. The poster said not one fan wanted him gone

bangkok wrote: »
    There were still a section that wanted him gone though. The poster said not one fan wanted him gone

Can you quote that post? I don't think that's what they said at all?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    No Liverpool fan wanted Klopp sacked at any stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Was it plenty though? These goalposts are moving at an awful rate!!!

Plenty
    A section
    One fan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Two Liverpool posters did call for Klopp to be sacked last January and replaced by Conte cause Conte wins things.

They were deadly serious and long time posters not burner profiles on the windup

Yet still an Everton starter.

He's starting out of position in a team dealing with injuries. Sidibe on the right flank is not what I'd call full strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

maybe you wanted him gone,it's time to come in Agent Bangkok, time to come home

You got us there. Fair play.

6 wrote: »
    Plenty
    A section
    One fan

Few of my mates wanted hin gone as well

Few of my mates wanted hin gone as well

Bet they did :cool:

Two Liverpool posters did call for Klopp to be sacked last January and replaced by Conte cause Conte wins things.

They were deadly serious and long time posters not burner profiles on the windup

Yep there defo was a section that wanted him gone around that stage

gimli2112 wrote: »
    maybe you wanted him gone,it's time to come in Agent Bangkok, time to come home

Na, i said all along he was a fantastic manager and i would have loved him at united. I was called a liverpool supporter a few times because of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yep there defo was a section that wanted him gone around that stage

They are just posters who don't find joy in anything related to Liverpool football they still post and complain about things at the club now.

If they can't enjoy Liverpool at them moment they will never be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The kids aren't really kids....Ole loves his plentiful clean sheets....fan...fans...bangkok's mates wanted rid of Klopp.

It's been a great auld day all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

There was plenty of liverpool fans who wanted klopp gone as few years ago. They look pretty foolish now

Only Joe.ie - being the pinnacle of journalism that they are - would publish an article based on two tweets from idiots saying they want Klopp out. Don't know why you're saying "plenty" of fans wanted him gone when all you all you can produce is said article which actually concedes that most of the mentions on Twitter were opposition fans on the wind. If you scour Twitter you'll find anything you that you look for amongst the billions of other pointless tweets. If I search for someone saying that Phil Jones should replace Ole as manager at United I'll probably find it - does that mean that plenty of United fans want it? Should Joe.ie write an article about it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Na, i said all along he was a fantastic manager and i would have loved him at united. I was called a liverpool supporter a few times because of it

But is he better than the great Ole?
    Would he pacify Pogba enough?

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Only Joe.ie - being the pinnacle of journalism that they are - would publish an article based on two tweets from idiots saying they want Klopp out. Don't know why you're saying "plenty" of fans wanted him gone when all you all you can produce is said article which actually concedes that most of the mentions on Twitter were opposition fans on the wind. If you scour Twitter you'll find anything you that you look for amongst the billions of other pointless tweets. If I search for someone saying that Phil Jones should replace Ole as manager at United I'll probably find it - does that mean that plenty of United fans want it? Should Joe.ie write an article about it? :rolleyes:

Look, a liverpool supporter has just said a few posts back that 2 long term posters from the pool thread wanted him gone as well and conte in. There was def a section as well of match day fans wanted him gone as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

A section?

Do you hear yourself?

No significant portion of the fanbase ever wanted him gone.

PrettyBoy wrote: »

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-news-jurgen-klopp-sacked-16843032

A liverpool supporter wantsed klopp sacked and anchelotti brought in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,080 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

A section? 2 lads in about 20,000,000.

Whereas 4 CL sheets in 22 games against teams of anyone of note is "plenty".

Next we'll hear that 5% is majority.

Don't agree with bangkok on Solskjaer but in his defence there were those that wanted Klopp gone, albeit a minority:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104844543&postcount=9282

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105050157&postcount=486

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105050270&postcount=502

Interesting discussion about it here from an old match thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I never thought I'd say it but bring back the liverpool/utd bickering over this stuff.

This is gripping.

So have we established that it was at least 1 Liverpool fan, 2 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

This is tedious as fûck.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement