Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    Can still include pool players... Sure Micheal Owen has a Premier league medal

Who did the Liverpool legend win that with?

8-10 wrote:
    I picked Cech

You gave Allison an honorable mention, I simply said he doesn't fit the criteria

You must've won a premier league medal to been include

Granted Allison is a good not great keeper

Thanks for playing along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Some man Britney... the only rule means no Liverpool player can be in the team...

I don’t think ive ever seen one of these picked and Schmeichel wasn’t the keeper.

Which I agree with, Schmeichel for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

So the same people that were talking sh!te about the previous topic, are now talking sh!te about the next topic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

brinty wrote: »
    You gave Allison an honorable mention, I simply said he doesn't fit the criteria

There's criteria for honourable mentions now?

8-10 wrote:
    There's criteria for honourable mentions now?

My game, my rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

You must've won a premier league medal to been include

Granted Allison is a good not great keeper

Thanks for playing along

If Allison is only "good" and not great then that literally makes every other goalkeeper in the world bad or average by definition.

Rock77 wrote:
    Some man Britney... the only rule means no Liverpool player can be in the team...

Tbf jayo26 called out Michael Owen who n played for Liverpool and has won a premier league medal, as has James Milner. Just not with Liverpool. Nicholas Anelka and Mario Balotelli both ex Liverpool and won pebbles league medals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

My game, my rules

Be better in it's own thread tbh.

Yep doesn't fit with 'general PL' if you're excluding 90%+ of players and teams from even getting mentioned

Man United thread loves a bit of reminiscing of glory days so maybe in there?

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote:
    Be better in it's own thread tbh.

Thread moving along, people chatting and v discussing back and forth, I thought that was the idea of the EPL/GPL thread. Have I got it wrong

• Based on what?

He hates Utd :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Tbf jayo26 called out Michael Owen who n played for Liverpool and has won a premier league medal, as has James Milner. Just not with Liverpool. Nicholas Anelka and Mario Balotelli both ex Liverpool and won pebbles league medals

Yeah but realistically Gerard is the only one with a chance of getting in, and you know it... (I wouldn’t have Gerard in my team but many would)

8-10 wrote:
    Yep doesn't fit with 'general PL' if you're excluding 90%+ of players and teams from even getting mentioned

Man United thread loves a bit of reminiscing of glory days so maybe in there?

Congrats on your promotion to moderator. Is that a dictate that this has to be stopped? Fans from multiple clubs are discussing, the thread is moving along rapidly, football is actually being talked about. But if you're telling us to stop in your role as moderator then by all means we will .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

Congrats on your promotion to moderator. Is that a dictate that this has to be stopped? Fans from multiple clubs are discussing, the thread is moving along rapidly, football is actually being talked about. But if you're telling us to stop in your role as moderator then by all means we will .
    My game, my rules

Jesus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jayo26 wrote: »
    Can still include pool players... Sure Micheal Owen has a Premier league medal :):)

Ginola, Le Tissar, Suarez, Modric, Gascoinge and Bale all ruled out who were all great players in the PL period and should be worth a mention in these types of lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jesus...

Prefer aguero

You're the one dictating who can be discussed outside the 'game' in terms of mentioning others who would be in contention if they fit the criteria....that's part of the discussion you are just too biased to see it.

You might as well just throw up a poll - please do - I'll happily participate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Another day and again this thread is turned into a ****show.

• Advertisement

How?

People who support multiple clubs are talking about football, discussing some of the best players to have every played.

Thread moving along at a steady pace.

If that's a **** show well I don't know what to tell you

TitianGerm wrote:
    Ginola, Le Tissar, Suarez, Modric, Gascoinge and Bale all ruled out who were all great players in the PL period and should be worth a mention in these types of lists.

No doubt all great players but as I say it's something different, bit of a twist on the norm. Just trying to be slightly outside the box on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

1. Schmeichel
    2. Seaman
    3. Ederson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

How?

People who support multiple clubs are talking about football, discussing some of the best players to have every played.

Thread moving along at a steady pace.

If that's a **** show well I don't know what to tell you

But they're not because of some arbitrary rule you made. Plenty of world class players haven't won a premier league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

6 wrote: »
    Newcastle fans raging with Ashley. Have been charged for next seasons tickets already!

It’s amazing how a man who is obviously highly successful in business can be so far removed from public sentiment. That or he just doesn’t care.

1. Schmeichel 2. Seaman 3. Ederson

Ederson is a good shout, wouldn't be in my top three but fair play, I respect your picks

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    It’s amazing how a man who is obviously highly successful in business can be so far removed from public sentiment. That or he just doesn’t care.

He doesn't give a ****!

adaminho wrote:
    But they're not because of some arbitrary rule you made. Plenty of world class players haven't won a premier league.

Fair point but as some have said it's been done to death previously. This is just a slightly different way.

It's not as if once this is done a team of players that's never won it couldn't be selected. Hell I'll even run it if people want ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

1. Schmeichel
    2. Seaman
    3. Ederson

1. Peter Schmeichel
    2. David Seaman
    3. Kasper Schmeichel.

Fair point but as some have said it's been done to death previously. This is just a slightly different way.

It's not as if once this is done a team of players that's never won it couldn't be selected. Hell I'll even run it if people want ;)

1. Messi

8-10 wrote:
    1. Messi

This one hasn't been completed yet, I'll start it once the current discussion is complete

Goalkeeper today plus 10 other players.

So maybe Monday week if I'm not mistaken.

Also 1. Messi

What about Gerrard, van dijk, TAA, Suarez, Allison, Fowler, Jamie R & C.

I thought you were a Liverpool supporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Jesus...

Same lad who complained about an excel league table showing the gaps because he did not like the format

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Alisson

Alisson

Hasn't won a premier league medal, doesn't count

Hasn't won a premier league medal, doesn't count

I'll stick with Alisson thanks, honorable mention for Schmeichel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Van Der Sar
    Cech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Gonna start an all time PL best 11. They can have played for any club in the PL, but in order to be included they must have also baptized another PL footballer in their swimming pool. And assisted a PL goal.

I'll start with the goalkeeper.

Alisson.

:pac:

I'll stick with Alisson thanks, honorable mention for Schmeichel.

Fair enough, a wasted vote as it's not meeting the criteria of had to have won a premier league medal. But I respect your choice

FitzShane wrote: »
    Gonna start an all time PL best 11. They can have played for any club in the PL, but in order to be included they must have also baptized another PL footballer in their swimming pool. And assisted a PL goal.

Alisson.

As a Liverpool fan I don't think anyone can look past the big Dan at United
    100% the best keeper to date in the premier league history

Alisson needs another 5/6 years to even come close but he has the ability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It cant "turn into a shìtshow" when it never stopped being one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

FitzShane wrote: »

Alisson.

Andy Goram did all of these things to the other Andy Goram.

• Advertisement

Allison

One thing I will say ,

When we get to left wing you will get so many people calling for Giggs due to the amount of titles and Prem games but personally I think he was only the best left winger in the league in one season , As big Al will get in most teams due to having the most goals

So following that vain of thinking then why not vote in Cech as the keeper as he currently has the most ever Premier league clean sheets ?
    although Pepe Reina has the best % of clean sheets for any Prem keeper to play over 100 games

But for me its still Peter Schmeichel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Tim Flowers

Imagine picking a greatest PL side of all time but not being allowed to pick the all time leading PL goalscorer (by a mile).

But you could pick Luke Chadwick or Pascal Cygan.

Why not pick him , you do realise Alan Shearer won the premier league

Fair enough, a wasted vote as it's not meeting the criteria of had to have won a premier league medal. But I respect your choice

No hassle, I presume it'll be RB tomorrow, not sure if I will be about so I'll register a vote for Trent Alexander Arnold now, cheers.

Why not pick him you do realise Alan Shearer won the premier league

He wasn't baptized by another PL player in their swimming pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

The more I think about there really can be only one winner and that is the invincible Lehmann and every other position would have to be filled by an invincible as they are the greatest ever premier league team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

For Valentines Day last year I told my wife I left the bed covered in a surprise for her, I gave her a clue that it was my favourite premiership goalkeepers second name, "OOh Tim Flowers she said"........I'm an Arsenal fan:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

You left a layman on your bed?

• Advertisement

No hassle, I presume it'll be RB tomorrow, not sure if I will be about so I'll register a vote for Trent Alexander Arnold now, cheers.

Good lad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement