Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

gimli2112 wrote: »
    This should be locked until football returns and normal hostilities can resume. Even I'm bored by the merrygoround.

Completely agree, it can be a depressing time right now with uncertainty and opening up this thread these days is poison IMO. Too much bickering back and forth with experts popping up with fúck all facts and sources.

Whether the season is going to come back to normality or not is not in our hands, whether we want it to be or not is exactly the same.

I'd much rather this thread was about positive things, football memories, moments that made you happy, whether you think the 05 Champions League Final was better than 99, discuss this and be fúcking civil. We all have our opinions.

Can't wait for everything to be back to normal for a bit of sanity. Stay safe all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    It's not out of nowhere. The statement was released yesterday regarding the conclusion of the PL... And it reminded me of a post I read here few weeks back. So what's happening right now is pertinent to what was incorrectly stated as fact previously .
    And i agree I'm being petty coming back in here having a go, but I'm just sick of people giving their opinions and passing them off as factual. Nothing to do with club rivalries, or who's going to win the league, will it be voided etc etc... I'm leaving all that off to the side. People need to be called out on their bullsh*t, otherwise this thread ...like so many others round here, will get bogged down in it.

Can I ask what was stated as fact? I really like reading everyone’s posts in this thread especially the different interpretations of press releases and reports in newspapers. It makes it interesting and a great distraction from more depressing news. I havent seen anyone saying anything is fact as there has been nothing concrete stated from the PL or UEFA. It would be interesting to know what you think was stated as fact.

As far as I can follow the following is what has been reported:

UEFA say it is fake news that Liverpool would win the PL if the league is abandoned.

At present the League is suspended with hope of commencing in April May June or maybe in Septemeber.

President of UEFA says he thinks it could be abandoned if it isn’t finished by end of June but also states it could commence in September.

UEFA state it is in interest to finish league if it is appropriate to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I feel this integrity thing might not hold up when Ziyech and whoever else they sign fire Chelsea into the CL when the season resumes. Like it or not the season is already in tatters. Teams riding the crest of a wave have had themselves denied the opportunity to continue it and players will be back from injury that wouldn't have played again.

But if I just keep saying integrity like I'm Kurt Angle maybe it will hold up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Liam O wrote: »
    I feel this integrity thing might not hold up when Ziyech and whoever else they sign fire Chelsea into the CL when the season resumes. Like it or not the season is already in tatters. Teams riding the crest of a wave have had themselves denied the opportunity to continue it and players will be back from injury that wouldn't have played again.

But if I just keep saying integrity like I'm Kurt Angle maybe it will hold up.

It’s not ideal obviously, but there is no ideal.

We’ve seen international breaks in the past be total momentum changers, with players getting injured, and giving other players time to get fit, and generally stopping a teams flow... do they not also deny a team continuing on the crest of a wave?

Interesting thought on Ziyech... that whole issue with contracts and registration windows will need to be addressed. As it stands it doesn’t matter that he will be employed by the club at that stage, as he can’t be registered to play in the league for them. Will have to see if the league decides to open a registration window - I’ve a feeling this will only happen if it actually looks like the players officially out of contract all refuse to play the last 9 games on short term extended contracts, which I really don’t think will happen.

Juventus have just come out to state that they would not accept the Serie A title if league could not finish.

Their fans also share the sentiment that if league was cancelled the title should just remain vacant.

https://en.as.com/en/2020/03/29/football/1585478992_262035.html

joeguevara wrote: »
    Juventus have just come out to state that they would not accept the Serie A title if league could not finish.

Their fans also share the sentiment that if league was cancelled the title should just remain vacant.

A little part of me wonders if this is like a ‘lady doth protest too much’ situation... Juve boldly coming out saying “Us? Give us the title?! Oh no, we couldn’t possibly!”, while the league is like “what? No, you’re only 1 point ahead—“, before Juve come in arms outstretched “Well, I suppose if we must. For the good of the game!”.

But really it’s a bit rich of them to be so publicly making a show of this statement when it’s the tightest title race in years over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is this the same Juventus who still claim the scudetto's they were stripped of??

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is this the same Juventus who still claim the scudetto's they were stripped of??

They are now on a pedestal as moral leaders :pac:

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    A little part of me wonders if this is like a ‘lady doth protest too much’ situation... Juve boldly coming out saying “Us? Give us the title?! Oh no, we couldn’t possibly!”, while the league is like “what? No, you’re only 1 point ahead—“, before Juve come in arms outstretched “Well, I suppose if we must. For the good of the game!”.

But really it’s a bit rich of them to be so publicly making a show of this statement when it’s the tightest title race in years over there.

That is one way of looking at it. Another way is saying that they have publicly stated that they don’t want the title and if season is scrapped they won’t accept it. The president says that next season shouldn’t be compromised to save this one.

They don’t want the title. Not that they will accept it if offered. Football to them seems secondary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I don't see the issue with what Juve have said.

One of the options on the table is declaring the season finished now - which would crown them as champions by 1 point. Considering there is a decent chunk of the season left such a gap is not (imo) acceptable for declaring a champion. If FICG (I think that is what they are called) made such a ruling, Inter, Lazio, Napoli would be up in arms over it. Juve taking it off the table (or trying to) is the correct thing to do and would make it easier to make a call to end the season based on the positions as they are now.

I don't think it would be the same in the PL, with Liverpool so far ahead. I obviously understand they could be mathematically caught, but I don't consider that an at all reasonable scenario so I wouldn't be bothered by Liverpool being declared champion if the season was finished. If would be a much different conversation, to me, if Liverpool were only 6 points or so clear (and then you can get into an argument of how many points is 'enough'.)

I actually think (and have said before) that declaring of champion is the least of it. The CL, EL and Relegation spots are far more important imo, and far more difficult.

They are the reason they need to try and complete the season.

They will run into huge issues trying to relegate teams without a season being completed (and CL/EL spots, to the point that if they don't complete the season they could look to not relegate teams and call positions done... but you still get the CL, EL spots problem, and then what about Leeds/WBA etc who now don't have a spot in the PL to take up? 22 team league next season? (Based on not being able to decide on who would have got the playoff spot?) Fook knows.

From a legal perspective, completing the season as 'normal' is the best solution as anything else will be an absolute cluster-f.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

I don't see the issue with what Juve have said.

One of the options on the table is declaring the season finished now - which would crown them as champions by 1 point. Considering there is a decent chunk of the season left such a gap is not (imo) acceptable for declaring a champion. If FICG (I think that is what they are called) made such a ruling, Inter, Lazio, Napoli would be up in arms over it. Juve taking it off the table (or trying to) is the correct thing to do and would make it easier to make a call to end the season based on the positions as they are now.

I don't think it would be the same in the PL, with Liverpool so far ahead. I obviously understand they could be mathematically caught, but I don't consider that an at all reasonable scenario so I wouldn't be bothered by Liverpool being declared champion if the season was finished. If would be a much different conversation, to me, if Liverpool were only 6 points or so clear (and then you can get into an argument of how many points is 'enough'.)

I actually think (and have said before) that declaring of champion is the least of it. The CL, EL and Relegation spots are far more important imo, and far more difficult.

They are the reason they need to try and complete the season.

They will run into huge issues trying to relegate teams without a season being completed (and CL/EL spots, to the point that if they don't complete the season they could look to not relegate teams and call positions done... but you still get the CL, EL spots problem, and then what about Leeds/WBA etc who now don't have a spot in the PL to take up? 22 team league next season? (Based on not being able to decide on who would have got the playoff spot?) Fook knows.

From a legal perspective, completing the season as 'normal' is the best solution as anything else will be an absolute cluster-f.

I would have to disagree with the part about how many points ahead they are having relevance to awarding the title. You say if they were only 6 points clear it would be different, what if they were 9 clear? Or 14?

In my opinion you can’t go handing out trophies until a team has won it.

Juve are dead right in what they are saying and I’m actually surprised to not hear some Liverpool fans say the same thing. How much sweeter would it be for the Liverpool fans to win it rather than be handed it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,863 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

£125M going from the PL to the EFL and National Leagues to help teams

This was always going to be paid - It was just paid in advance this time.

ERG89 wrote: »

I may be wrong but do they claim the titles stripped? I know they have done something like 30 appeals but I think the last one was to get inter stripped of title rather than them claiming. Also have they changed their stars on jersey to admit they didn’t win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Burnley in major financial trouble.

Burnley warn of £50m loss due to suspension of English football

Club say others could lose as much as £100m in crisis
    ‘I’m sure we can get through this by sticking together’
    Burnley have underlined the dire financial consequences of the coronavirus crisis on the Premier League by announcing they stand to lose around £50m from the continued suspension of the season.

The club are one of the better-run outfits in England’s top flight and recorded a pre-tax profit for the third consecutive season for the year ending June 2019. Their wage bill of £87m represents 63% of turnover and is among the lowest in the Premier League.

In an unusual move aimed at being “transparent with supporters, staff and stakeholders”, however, Burnley have issued a statement detailing their predicted shortfall from the ongoing suspension of all football activities in England. The Premier League confirmed on Friday that the 2019-20 season “will only return when it is safe and appropriate to do so” and will only be resumed with the full support of the government. Burnley’s estimated losses of £50m, it believes, are half of what other Premier League clubs stand to lose this season.

“Burnley FC are set to lose around £5m in lost revenue from the remaining home games which in the event that the season finishes would be unlikely to be recouped owing to the likely prospect of these fixtures being played behind closed doors,” the club said.

“In addition, the Clarets face missing out on cash payments from the Premier League of up to £45m in broadcasting revenue and other items if the season is not finished. It is believed that other clubs could be looking at up to a £100m shortfall.”

A week ago Mike Garlick, the Burnley chairman, spoke of maintaining the club’s financial sustainability “for generations to come” when announcing its latest set of healthy accounts for 2018-19. But on Saturday he warned: “It’s a completely unprecedented situation that we and other Premier League clubs face and which we could not have foreseen in any way only just a few weeks ago.

“It’s now not just about Burnley or any other individual club anymore, it’s about the whole football ecosystem from the Premier League downwards and all the other businesses and communities that feed from that ecosystem. As a club, as fans, as staff members and as a town we are all in this together and I’m sure we can get through this by sticking together and helping each other in every way possible in these tough times.”

Demand for Burnley’s foodbank service has quadrupled over the past two weeks, the club has also announced.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/04/burnley-warn-of-50m-loss-due-to-suspension-of-english-football

• Advertisement

I may be wrong but do they claim the titles stripped? I know they have done something like 30 appeals but I think the last one was to get inter stripped of title rather than them claiming. Also have they changed their stars on jersey to admit they didn’t win?

Yup, they do still claim them. Officially, their total is only 35 scudettos, but even on their official club website they claim 37.
    https://www.juventus.com/en/club/trophy-room/index.php

Their position is basically a totally contrary one - they both acknowledge that those two titles were revoked, while also still claiming them on all records. It’s sort of like “Yes, they were afterwards taken back, but we still won them first, and that’s all that counts”.

Yeah, they do still claim them. Officially, their total is 35 scudettos, but even on their website they claim 37.

They've appealed Inter being awarded one of them just the 30 times too :pac::pac::pac:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2861673-juventus-30th-appeal-of-inters-2006-serie-a-title-win-rejected

Yup, they do still claim them. Officially, their total is only 35 scudettos, but even on their official club website they claim 37.

Their position is basically a totally contrary one - they both acknowledge that those two titles were revoked, while also still claiming them on all records. It’s sort of like “Yes, they were afterwards taken back, but we still won them first, and that’s all that counts”.

Very interesting. If you click into the 2004-2005 link it does say revoked at the bottom. If you click into the 2005-2006 link it’s error 404. However, you are quite right it does say 37 titles when it shouldn’t.
    Hilarious that they used the slogan 30 on the pitch.

It is strange that they have publicly said they don’t want this one. But I suppose it is in line with their on the pitch reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rock77 wrote: »
    I would have to disagree with the part about how many points ahead they are having relevance to awarding the title. You say if they were only 6 points clear it would be different, what if they were 9 clear? Or 14?

In my opinion you can’t go handing out trophies until a team has won it.

Juve are dead right in what they are saying and I’m actually surprised to not hear some Liverpool fans say the same thing. How much sweeter would it be for the Liverpool fans to win it rather than be handed it?

If course it would be sweeter to win it on the pitch. But there could come a time that becomes impractical when looking at football across Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

fyfe79 wrote: »
    True enough. If this season gets voided and we magically begin the 20/21 season in August, why would anyone bother getting too emotionally involved? Everyone by now knows that another wave of Covid could, and likely will, hit later in the year or this time next year. So you have everyone aware, at the start of the season, that the forthcoming games could well mean nothing, as the precedent would've been set.

Imagine if LFC were top again should that happen? Once again you'll have the irony of hordes of football fans delighted that football is yet again voided.

Why do you get emotionally involved already?
    Why celebrate a business win a trophy? You're talking some nonsense. Stating you'd be less likely to be emotionally involved.

You wouldn't.

• Advertisement

Why celebrate a business win a trophy? You're talking some nonsense. Stating you'd be less likely to be emotionally involved.

You wouldn't.

I think I’d personally be just as emotionally involved, but with a constant nagging in the back of my mind of “is this shit gonna happen again this time?!”, especially given the high probability of further outbreaks.

Just like the feeling you have with tentatively celebrating a goal now, when VAR is called.

As I have always said, I hope the current season can be finished and Liverpool are awarded the title.

What it does demonstrate though is that the authority of FA, PL and UEFA is not set out clearly. It has been raised previously that no one knows who actually is in charge ultimately but because there was no need to test it, it was left alone. Authority needs to be clearly outlined from the next season on.

The big thing about next season is that rules can be set out on what happens if something like this occurs again so there is no doubts.

I think I’d personally be just as emotionally involved, but with a constant nagging in the back of my mind of “is this shit gonna happen again this time?!”, especially given the high probability of further outbreaks.

Just like the feeling you have with tentatively celebrating a goal now, when VAR is called.

Thats extremely short term though. Statistically. If you were to worry about the likelihood of things like that happening you wouldn't enjoy anything is the way I would look at it

As I have always said, I hope the current season can be finished and Liverpool are awarded the title.

What it does demonstrate though is that the authority of FA, PL and UEFA is not set out clearly. It has been raised previously that no one knows who actually is in charge ultimately but because there was no need to test it, it was left alone. Authority needs to be clearly outlined from the next season on.

The big thing about next season is that rules can be set out on what happens if something like this occurs again so there is no doubts.

I think that’s because ultimately, none of them are in charge... they are each in charge of their own realm, but when working together they need to communicate and coordinate - no single entity is in a position to order the others to do anything. The problem is that people are expecting an answer at a stage where these three groups don’t know enough to really begin negotiating the final outcome.

Thats extremely short term though. Statistically. If you were to worry about the likelihood of things like that happening you wouldn't enjoy anything is the way I would look at it

Totally, in the grand scheme of things. And it would be well down my considerable list of reasons why the season should be finished.

But in the short term, as you mention, if this season was killed, and in January next season Liverpool are comfortably leading the league, I’d be feeling very nervous about it and refusing to get my hopes too high.

Until there’s a widespread vaccine, and it’s been confirmed that this virus won’t simply mutate every year like the flu does, I’m pretty conscious that we might see quite a few disruptions to life over the next few years. So precedents set now, matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

You wouldn't.

No football fan in over 70 years has entertained the thought that what they are, or will be, watching for the best part of a full year may ultimately not count for anything. That will all change if this season if voided. Of course your emotional investment will change with that knowledge.

No football fan in over 70 years has entertained the thought that what they are, or will be, watching for the best part of a full year may ultimately not count for anything. That will all change if this season if voided. Of course your emotional investment will change with that knowledge.

Being a spurs fan since 1987, I watch every year which ultimately counts for nothing but still wouldn’t change it. If a supporter lost interest as a result of something that was in nobodies control and if you were less invested because of it I would be surprised. It’s not just football, pretty much every sport is being cancelled. So it’s not as if they would invest emotionally in another sport.

Apart from family, football is one of the most important things to so many people around the world. Sport gives emotions that nothing else does. If you withdraw from that, what would you replace it.

Apart from Spurs, my other big passion is Tipp hurling. It’s likely that there will be no AIlmi know that’s different as it hadn’t started but I will be no less invested next year. Also, it stops our hoodoo of losing the AI directly after winning one. Silver linings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Being a spurs fan since 1987, I watch every year which ultimately counts for nothing but still wouldn’t change it. If a supporter lost interest as a result of something that was in nobodies control and if you were less invested because of it I would be surprised. It’s not just football, pretty much every sport is being cancelled. So it’s not as if they would invest emotionally in another sport.

Apart from family, football is one of the most important things to so many people around the world. Sport gives emotions that nothing else does. If you withdraw from that, what would you replace it.

Apart from Spurs, my other big passion is Tipp hurling. It’s likely that there will be no AIlmi know that’s different as it hadn’t started but I will be no less invested next year. Also, it stops our hoodoo of losing the AI directly after winning one. Silver linings.

I'm from Tipp myself, lad. I know you've pointed out that the AI hasn't started yet, but I think that's a major difference. 3/4's of the PL season being voided would be comparable to an AI final being abandoned at half-time because of a monsoon and no consideration given to finishing the 2nd half. Just write it off, forget it, it never happened. You'd get over it, sure, just like I would if Liverpool's chance to lift the title is gone should this season be voided, but it doesn't mean I'd be as interested next season - why would I?

All the signs are indicating repeat occurances of this virus before we get a vaccine so next season (20/21) has a good chance of being interrupted/voided as well. It would be like starting next years AI series with the fore-knowledge that another monsoon is predicted on AI Final day again. Your enthusiasm would wane knowing that voiding is the fallback option should it strike.

I'm from Tipp myself, lad. I know you've pointed out that the AI hasn't started yet, but I think that's a major difference. 3/4's of the PL season being voided would be comparable to an AI final being abandoned at half-time because of a monsoon and no consideration given to finishing the 2nd half. Just write it off, forget it, it never happened. You'd get over it, sure, just like I would if Liverpool's chance to lift the title is gone should this season be voided, but it doesn't mean I'd be as interested next season - why would I?

All the signs are indicating repeat occurances of this virus before we get a vaccine so next season (20/21) has a good chance of being interrupted/voided as well. It would be like starting next years AI series with the fore-knowledge that another monsoon is predicted on AI Final day again. Your enthusiasm would wane knowing that voiding is the fallback option should it strike.

Completely agree with regards to the All Ireland but just used it as an example to show that I wouldn’t ever lose my passion even if it was cancelled half way through.

I am unsure what is going to happen. But I would never lose my passion for spurs. But I do get where you are coming from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Kyle Walker in own goal COVID-19 party with "sex workers"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52175132

Is it true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My eyesight isn't the best in the morning and read Tipp Hurling as Tiger Hunting. "F***ing hell", I thought. On reflection I'm unsure which is worse.

Nah I love Tigers.

My eyesight isn't the best in the morning and read Tipp Hurling as Tiger Hunting. "F***ing hell", I thought. On reflection I'm unsure which is worse.

Nah I love Tigers.

Sure ya do Gimli! :D

V7ZOHUh.jpg?1

"Carol Baskin killed the premier League "

Gimli 2020

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

You've got to assume that the PL will do whats financially right for them. I think they will finish this season somehow and will continue their endeavours to so until it makes more financial sense not to.

Forget about clubs and players saying it is the right thing to do. Thats BS.

Also shame on any of the clubs who are furloughing non playing staff. What a scummy thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Had to google Carol Baskin. I only thanked Stu's post cos it had a tiger in it.

I just had a mental image of Joe chasing tigers on an elephant with a shotgun. I don't operate at peak efficiency Monday mornings.

Had to google Carol Baskin. I only thanked Stu's post cos it had a tiger in it.

I just had a mental image of Joe chasing tigers on an elephant with a shotgun. I don't operate at peak efficiency Monday mornings.

My humour is wasted ffs :(

I had to google what PL team had the nickname of The Tigers & when I realised it was Hull City nothing can convince me that Phil Brown wouldn't look out of place as a distant cousin of Joe Exotic. He loves to sing too.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

My humour is wasted ffs :(

Not on me good sir, not on me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Kyle Walker in own goal COVID-19 party with "sex workers"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52175132

Is it true?
    I'd say its true. he's wearing one of their bras in the photograph.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

https://www.the42.ie/2020-open-championship-golf-cancelled-5067946-Apr2020/

Open cancelled altogether. Probably cost more to run at a later date than they would make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Seen this not sure if the source is reliable enough for some

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/uefa-chief-says-liverpool-crowned-21822591

Streaming service DAZN asks Premier League to defer rights payments
    An online streaming service has written to the Premier League to defer payments due to the suspension of competition due to the coronavirus outbreak. It is understood that DAZN, which holds rights to stream all English top-flight matches in Brazil, Canada, Japan and Spain, is in negotiations to halt payments until there is clarity on when and how the season can be completed.................

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/06/streaming-dazn-premier-league-football-rights-payment-deferment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/uefa-chief-says-liverpool-crowned-21822591

Reliable source for what? "I think." "I don't imagine." He hasn't actually said Liverpool definitely will be crowned champions anywhere in the article despite what the headline says.

Pep Guardiola's mother has died from Covid-19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://www.the42.ie/2020-open-championship-golf-cancelled-5067946-Apr2020/

Open cancelled altogether. Probably cost more to run at a later date than they would make.

The weather too playing a big part, similar to Wimbledon.

Whereas in the US, they are postponing events like the Masters and moving them to Nov.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Jesus, poor family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

No one is safe from this thing

Would Liverpool fans in here be happy being awarded the title without winning it? One Liverpool fan I know is desperate for that not to happen. He says he’d rather it was voided and they won it next season.

Obviously his first choice is to finish this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Rock77 wrote: »
    Would Liverpool fans in here be happy being awarded the title without winning it? One Liverpool fan I know is desperate for that not to happen. He says he’d rather it was voided and they won it next season.

Obviously his first choice is to finish this season.

It's nobody's first or last choice I'd say

8-10 wrote: »
    It's nobody's first or last choice I'd say

If the choice is null and void or awarded the title without winning it, what would you pick?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement