Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

8-10 wrote: »
    Liverpool fans are the ones disagreeing with that though - I definitely don't think it will happen.

"Riots on Merseyside" - this is hyberbole, it won't happen like that. Given your allegiences and posting history on this forum it's my opinion that you have a bias when it comes to discussing Liverpool fan behaviour.

There is a stark reality right now that wasn't there at the time of the Atletico game. Society has changed.

It’s like giving a lion a sirloin steak and believing he won’t eat it, Liverpool fans are the last people anyone should listen to on the topic, especially Liverpool fans that don’t live in Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Games were already being played behind closed doors across Europe before this lockdown. It's being painted that restarting behind closed doors is something new that's being intrioduced.

Across society and countries nobody is talking about a big bang return to normal, everything is about a gradual relaxation of restrictions, meaning workforces are figuring out how to stagger a return to something approaching normal.

My place has already announced that it will be no longer than 50% of the workforce on site at any one time with everyone else working from home going forward.

This idea that we're going to continue with absolutely no football only until the point that we are absolutely certain we can pack a stadium with 50,000 fans is not practical when you're taking in the realities of what's happening.

Frankly, there might never be a stadium that full again, I don't believe that, but it's astonishing that people think we're just going to flip a switch, return to the normal we had before and just pack a stadium from day 1 of restart without any type of gradual easing into the new normal that we'll face using things like full or partially behind closed doors games.

your wrong.
    once this season is voided & Liverpool dont win the league all will be good in the world.
    The virus will dissapear & everything will be ok.

Liverpool fans are the ones disagreeing with that though - I definitely don't think it will happen.

"Riots on Merseyside" - this is hyberbole, it won't happen like that. Given your allegiences and posting history on this forum it's my opinion that you have a bias when it comes to discussing Liverpool fan behaviour.

There is a stark reality right now that wasn't there at the time of the Atletico game. Society has changed.

Anybody who went to that Liverpool - Atletico game should hang their head in shame. We knew how bad it was going to be and they still went. Same for Cheltenham.

243 dead in merseyside hospitals. Fans (from both sides) who went to that game have blood on their hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Dont you want restrictions lifted?

Yes of course I do, in a slow and controlled manner. Is that not what everyone wants.

Mushy wrote: »
    What a terrible analogy. Especially when it is far easier for them to maintain social distancing and dont require frontline staff to carry out their jobs

They got Paul O'Connell to drive across the country to be on the show last friday, what if he had been in a crash. What frontline staff are needed, is an ambulance really needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anybody who went to that Liverpool - Atletico game should hang their head in shame. We knew how bad it was going to be and they still went. Same for Cheltenham.

243 dead in merseyside hospitals. Fans (from both sides) who went to that game have blood on their hands.

No we didn't know how bad it was going to be and were told that it was safe by the UK government and Merseyside Police in the run up.

I think you're probably well aware that I was at the game when quoting me here but you're not shaming me, I've already posted that I regret going, but I'm fully aware of my thought process of the time and trying to claim I have blood on my hands is ludicrous, UK Government is the entity you have an issue with here, not people going to watch their team on the advice of the club, police and Home Office

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

I’m no fan whatsoever of Liverpool but that’s not on to say that. If they were told stay away then fine, there would be some substance to your point & if they had the chance again I’m sure they would stay away but to say they have blood on their hands and should be ashamed is a disgusting thing to say.

I presume you’re including the players, staff & police also are you? The fans did no more or less than them that night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

It’s like giving a lion a sirloin steak and believing he won’t eat it, Liverpool fans are the last people anyone should listen to on the topic, especially Liverpool fans that don’t live in Liverpool.

And do you think the same wouldn`t apply to fans of Man Utd, Man City etc. if their club was in Liverpool`s situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

And do you think the same wouldn`t apply to fans of Man Utd, Man City etc. if their club was in Liverpool`s situation?

I think it would be exactly the same for fans of other clubs in the same situation.

Liverpool are being 'picked on' because they are the fans/club in this situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No we didn't know how bad it was going to be and were told that it was safe by the UK government and Merseyside Police in the run up.

I think you're probably well aware that I was at the game when quoting me here but you're not shaming me, I've already posted that I regret going, but I'm fully aware of my thought process of the time and trying to claim I have blood on my hands is ludicrous, UK Government is the entity you have an issue with here, not people going to watch their team on the advice of the club, police and Home Office

People are looking for an easy scapegoat and these instances are exactly that. These events were allowed to go on so you're right, it's the UK gov that are to blame here.

Piers Morgan has been majorly outspoken about Cheltenham yet attended TRIC awards on either 9/10th March which was a large gathering, pure hypocrisy.

PL games were still going ahead Friday evening March 13th.

This 'blood on their hands' nonsense is pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm sure football clubs could afford 1 water bottle for each player .

People are going to be going back to work. Footballers are included in that. It's going to need to be done sooner or later and it'll be behind closed doors, in the beginning anyway, one way or the other.

Unless you reckon football is off for the next 18 months or so?

Considering you wanted to be pedantic about the water bottle. Are all the players going to run over and grab the water bottles themselves? Are they going to be labelled with names? I was throwing out ideas of where the infection can be spread.

You're right people will be going back to work. And it's likely going to be based on the services the job is providing. For example, I think it'll be a long time before pubs open back up.

Gigs have been cancelled for essentially summer.

Football isn't a necessity. In relation to Raynes point, I see where he's coming from.

By bringing back football and asking fans not to gather is never in a million years going to happen. Anybody who thinks that is delusional. It would be arranged weather it be massive house parties, celebrations in the streets etc.

Everybody has literally agreed that Liverpool V Atletico shouldn't have went ahead. To then say fans won't gather if they won etc are talking pony.

They knew the risks at that game, it didn't stop them. The difference you say will be the Government will enforce something - Do you really think that would stop fans?

This isn't directly aimed at Liverpool, I'm sure if United were in the same positon it would be the exact same. However, in my opinion given how much Liverpool fans wanted a premier League for so long. Once the cans are going down I don't believe everybody would be staying in doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What about all the Irish people that packed out Irish pubs and bookies the week of cheltenham. Which im sure includes lots of regular posters on here. In hindsight they were also bang out of order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/5199639/man-utd-fans-make-themselves-heard-from-outside-stadium-in-europa-league-clash-at-lask-after-coronavirus-empties-ground/

adaminho wrote: »

there is a slight level of context, down to the fact the game was moved to behind closed doors the day before the match, after many fans had already traveled.

But - if you are going to see fans outside the stadium for fecking LASK vs Man United, you are absolutely going to have fans wanting to celebrate at Anfield.

Considering you wanted to be pedantic about the water bottle. Are all the players going to run over and grab the water bottles themselves? Are they going to be labelled with names? I was throwing out ideas of where the infection can be spread.

You're right people will be going back to work. And it's likely going to be based on the services the job is providing. For example, I think it'll be a long time before pubs open back up.

Football isn't a necessity. In relation to Raynes point, I see where he's coming from.

By bringing back football and asking fans not to gather is never in a million years going to happen. Anybody who thinks that is delusional. It would be arranged weather it be massive house parties, celebrations in the streets etc.

Everybody has literally agreed that Liverpool V Atletico shouldn't have went ahead. To then say fans won't gather if they won etc are talking pony.

They knew the risks at that game, it didn't stop them. The difference you say will be the Government will enforce something - Do you really think that would stop fans?

This isn't directly aimed at Liverpool, I'm sure if United were in the same positon it would be the exact same. However, in my opinion given how much Liverpool fans wanted a premier League for so long. Once the cans are going down I don't believe everybody would be staying in doors.

The issue around gatherings is contact tracing, as much as it is anything else.

A house party is fine. You can know who you interacted with. (and the point at which football is allowed, people will be allowed to visit family/friends etc)

50,000 fans at a stadium is different. Even a couple of thousand random fans at Anfield is different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

there is some reports from China last few days that the virus is mutating & which would mean a vaccine will be difficult or may not be possible at all.
    News about the virus last few weeks has been nearly all negative unfortunately.

Whatever about when football can return.
    I think football in general will never be the same in a financial sense.

100m transfers are over surely.
    Lots of clubs will go under in the next few months/years. St Pats have layed off all staff & players today as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

there is a slight level of context, down to the fact the game was moved to behind closed doors the day before the match, after many fans had already traveled.

But - if you are going to see fans outside the stadium for fecking LASK vs Man United, you are absolutely going to have fans wanting to celebrate at Anfield.

But AM fans that went to a game the day before have blood on their hand?

To be very pedantic, it has never been detected in water, plus if we had rapid testing by that stage done to a few hours, we could confirm everyone in the stadium was clear. We will always find problems but sometimes you just have to get on with it and live with the dangers. By the time July rolls around, if we are still in lockdown there will be parties all over the place and football will only be a tiny portion of the problem.

What about all the Irish people that packed out Irish pubs and bookies the week of cheltenham. Which im sure includes lots of regular posters on here. In hindsight they were also bang out of order.

This is true. Not happy with anybody who attended any large events or non-essential travel since the beginning of March. I was practicing social distancing since the end of February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

niallo27 wrote: »
    Yes of course I do, in a slow and controlled manner. Is that not what everyone wants.

Ya sure you do

• Advertisement

Case in point above with fans saying it’s the governments fault for the Atlectico game, it’ll be the exact same when the title is won and they’re out in their thousands if not tens of thousands, it’ll be the governments fault for letting it go ahead. There will be no accountability.

But AM fans that went to a game the day before have blood on their hand?

I didn't make that comment. I'm not the one trying a bunch of whataboutery.

But if you want to get in to it - yes. People have a level of personal responsibility. Those AM fans knew the risks as they were developing, they were already banned from attending games at their own stadium. They made a choice to attend the game, with a level of information that would have told them not to.

People knew there were big risks, regardless of the government position (liverpool wanted the game called off).

And yes, the United fans should not have travelled either. They made a personal choice and are personally accountable for that choice.

MD1990 wrote: »
    there is some reports from China last few days that the virus is mutating & which would mean a vaccine will be difficult or may not be possible at all.
    News about the virus last few weeks has been nearly all negative unfortunately.

Whatever about when football can return.
    I think football in general will never be the same in a financial sense.

100m transfers are over surely.
    Lots of clubs will go under in the next few months/years. St Pats have layed off all staff & players today as well.

What news is this, it was always going to mutate but its pointing to being at a lot slower rate which is good. The normal flu has been mutating at a much faster rate than this and we have a vaccine and we live perfectly fine alongside it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

To be very pedantic, it has never been detected in water, plus if we had rapid testing by that stage done to a few hours, we could confirm everyone in the stadium was clear. We will always find problems but sometimes you just have to get on with it and live with the dangers. By the time July rolls around, if we are still in lockdown there will be parties all over the place and football will only be a tiny portion of the problem.

I was more referring to the actual bottle itself. Not the water inside the bottle

Thank you, and this is exactly why you shouldn’t expect teams that have survived relegation, clinched a league title or secured top 4 to be acting rationally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Case in point above with fans saying it’s the governments fault for the Atlectico game, it’ll be the exact same when the title is won and they’re out in their thousands if not tens of thousands, it’ll be the governments fault for letting it go ahead. There will be no accountability.

:rolleyes:

This is true. Not happy with anybody who attended any large events or non-essential travel since the beginning of March. I was practicing social distancing since the end of February.

It was first reported in Italy in January, why did you not practice from then, how do we know you have not infected and killed many people.

It was first reported in Italy in January, why did you not practice from then, how do we know you have not infected and killed many people.

It was in China in December. Why not since then?

Practically speaking: Until you are aware of it being an issue in your country it isn't unreasonable to continue as normal.

It truly is a pathetic line of arguing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great to see Uefa have again backed the completion of league campaign's this season from their latest conference call.

The integrity of the game is lost forever if season cant be complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

ricero wrote: »

I've seen this line trotted out a few times, absolute guff tbh. The health and wellbeing of the general populace supersedes everything, the events in the world currently are unprecedented in modern times yet you are concerned about "the integrity of the game". At least call a spade a spade and admit your concern centres around LFC winning the league and not around the so called integrity of the game.

• Advertisement

Most werent though which is the point Im making. People are now aware much more about this virus and will adjust their behaviour in the future accordingly. Some Friends of mine were in pubs the weekend before they closed , co workers of mine in pubs the thursday before that for cheltenham. If they knew then what they know now they wouldnt have done it. I planned to go to liverpool the weekend of league title no chance Id consider it now . Things have totally changed and the majority of people will change their behaviour accordingly for the good of society.

Great to see Uefa have again backed the completion of league campaign's this season from their latest conference call.

The season will not complete for Holland, or Belgium, or League 1 or 2, or the leagues below that. Season is probably not going to complete in Scotland.

Is this integrity line a major headline issue for those leagues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Where did UEFA say any of that?

Here’s what they said.
    There was a strong recommendation given to finish domestic top division and cup competitions, although it is understood that there may be some special cases. With this in mind, UEFA is currently developing some guidelines concerning participation in its club competitions, in order to assist its member associations in case of a cancelled league or cup.

Any developments on the above topics would be announced after the UEFA Executive Committee on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,666 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Would you not argue the late late show or this morning in the uk or other live shows are not essential as well, plus we are talking months down the line here when other non essential services should be open.

That's a silly comparison.

They can implement social distancing with greater ease when filming a TV show. Ryan doesn't have to jostle his guests or challenge them for possession and most of his guests don't have to spit or blow snot from their nose so they can breathe throw the interview.

Football involves close physical contact between people.

I've seen this line trotted out a few times, absolute guff tbh. The health and wellbeing of the general populace supersedes everything, the events in the world currently are unprecedented in modern times yet you are concerned about "the integrity of the game". At least call a spade a spade and admit your concern centres around LFC winning the league and not around the so called integrity of the game.

In my opinion there are only two options that can save the integrity of the game.

Option 1 is call the season as it stands now.

or

Option 2 is wait and finish the season when it is safe to do so behind closed doors.

This whole crying and shouting for null and void by those "concerned" is a ridicolous suggestion and rewards nobody. There is not one valid reason I have seen so far to null and void a season. If you do that you start a terrible precident and who knows what will happen in the future with this covid-19 it could destroy many a sporting season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

You might think you've read some horse sh*t about why football needs to restart but the head of Australian Rugby League has come out with a doozy to trump them all for why that sport must restart next month. Regarding the players,

"they would probably be at more of a risk if they didn't play than if they did play."

:pac: Big brain thinking there.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Arghus wrote: »
    That's a silly comparison.

They can implement social distancing with greater ease when filming a TV show. Ryan doesn't have to jostle his guests or challenge them for possession and most of his guests don't have to spit or blow snot from their nose so they can breathe throw the interview.

Football involves close physical contact between people.

We’re only fooling each other if we think they aren’t several footballers who if games returned in the current climate would not try and gain an advantage by coughing around an Opponent.

In my opinion there are only two options that can save the integrity of the game.

Option 1 is call the season as it stands now.

or

Option 2 is wait and finish the season when it is safe to do so behind closed doors.

This whole crying and shouting for null and void by those "concerned" is a ridicolous suggestion and rewards nobody. There is not one valid reason I have seen so far to null and void a season. If you do that you start a terrible precident and who knows what will happen in the future with this covid-19 it could destroy many a sporting season.

The main arguement for Null and Void is essentially to avoid relegation, imo.

Relegation and qualification for Europe are the issues if the season is not completed, as that is where the big legal battles will be.

But you will have the battles over European qualification no matter what you do. It is only really teh relegation argument that can put away.

And you can avoid the relegation issue by calling the season now, as easily as voiding the season.

I don't see how calling the season at it is now protects the integrity of the league though, if that is an issue that needs to be addressed. The season has not completed, teams have games left and could move up/down the league based on those matches.

If integrity is the issue the ONLY way to 'save' that is to finish the season. Arguing otherwise makes no sense.

Please explain what you would do if you were to call the season finished now, and how that saves the integrity of the competition?

• niallo27 wrote: »
    What news is this, it was always going to mutate but its pointing to being at a lot slower rate which is good. The normal flu has been mutating at a much faster rate than this and we have a vaccine and we live perfectly fine alongside it.
    I've been reading up on this.

I suspect this is what will eventually be the scenario when it's mass produced and readily available.

An annual vaccination.

I have said already in previous posts, Gilliad already have phase 3 clinical trials underway.

Then I suspect formal submission to the FDA.

You would imagine any annual vaccinations will be produced off of a base vaccine.

About a year or two off but tbh that's probably a quick turnaround given it can take up to a decade for other injectables to hit the market.

That doesn't take into account Pharmas general battle between rival companies and also delivery to different territories across the world.

• Advertisement

I would not have any relegations and promote Leeds and West Brom to the Premiership and make it a 22 team competition for the following season. Scrap league cup for a season and play extra fixtures where that would of been scheduled.

European places for me would stay as they are. Although the logistics of having a europe wide football tournament seems a bit of a stretch for me at the moment. Who knows the state of travel within next 12 months. Perhaps even suspend european football for a season and countries only host their domestic league and competitions.

Being honest my main angst again null and void is you are basically awarding teams who have poor seasons such as Arsenal, West Ham, Norwich etc and punishing teams who have had great seasons such as Liverpool, Wolves, Sheffield Utd, Leicester etc.

For that reason alone I think it ruins the integrity of the game in England forever.

As part and parcel of my job, I deal with sick people, I have been practicing. There is a relatively high chance that due to lack of PPE plus number of contacts, I contracted COVID-19. It does weigh on my mind that I potentially could have spread it to patients but on a risk:benefit analysis, it was the right decision to continue working without appropriate PPE

I took all reasonable measures in response to COIVID-19. I haven't seen any of my family since the weekend of the election.

The only people I have met since the end of February were patients, colleague and my housemate.

People travelling for non-essential reasons just angers me at the moment as one of my colleagues recently died from COVID-19 that she picked up from a patient that went to London for St. Patrick's day.

• The old integrity doozy I keep reading

• As part and parcel of my job, I deal with sick people, I have been practicing. There is a relatively high chance that due to lack of PPE plus number of contacts, I contracted COVID-19. It does weigh on my mind that I potentially could have spread it to patients but on a risk:benefit analysis, it was the right decision to continue working without appropriate PPE

I took all reasonable measures in response to COIVID-19. I haven't seen any of my family since the weekend of the election.

The only people I have met since the end of February were patients, colleague and my housemate.

People travelling for non-essential reasons just angers me at the moment as one of my colleagues recently died from COVID-19 that she picked up from a patient that went to London for St. Patrick's day.

As a side note

Stay safe and T. Hank you for the dedication

Upmost respect for medical professionals now more so than ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ah here you yourself thought there was no need to close schools the day before the Liverpool game:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112786731&postcount=46

March 10th:
    Just came from meeting. Containment strategy is working great so far. It's gonna mitigate the worst effects. There will be deaths but it's unfortunately not something we can do about at the moment. I can't see any reason why schools would he closed.

If fans shouldn't have gone to the game on March 11th - why did you see no reason for schools to be closed on March 10th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

^ That's pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Checked back into this thread after a week or 2 and see the usual suspects still harping on about voiding the season for the good of humanity.

One question that I don't think any rival team fans would answer honestly is that if your team was in the same position now as Liverpool are in, would you still think voiding the season is the best option?

I really couldn't imagine any United fan or spurs fan ect calling for the season to be voided if there team was in Liverpools position right now. And anyone who says they would is being dishonest IMO.

Fifpro saying there has been a huge spike in the number of footballers reporting anxiety and depression symptoms since the coronavirus. This will also be the case in all of society. The majority havent seen a drop in income yet but this is only a matter of time if current measures keep up long term as the money just wont be there. Then you will have the majority of the population having a big drop in income and thats when society will have a big problem. All countries/industries will have to find a way to deal as best they can with the virus as whats happening at the minute isnt sustainable till a vaccine is found. Footballs solution is behind closed doors the virus cant be stopped it can only be managed as best as we can. If you cant have behind closed doors football you cant have schools reopen, you cant have the majority of people go back to work because you cant have transport like tubes, buses etc full of people. It seems most of us are probably going to get the virus we just have to try to spread out the time we get it in. When restrictions are lifted the virus wont spread as fast as it did initially as we are now more aware of it and we will be practising social distancing as best we can, we will not go to school/ work if sick. Crowded pubs/nightclubs/concerts wont be open and large scale sporting events wont be taking place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

This thread will hardly see out the day

• 8-10 wrote: »
    Ah here you yourself thought there was no need to close schools the day before the Liverpool game:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112786731&postcount=46

March 10th:

Back in February you were comparing it to the flu:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112552447&postcount=6284

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112647890&postcount=1514

Then in March before the Liverpool game:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112694158&postcount=997

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112695821&postcount=1503

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112789825&postcount=9

You were even surprised that the NBA was announced to be suspended the night of the Liverpool game:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112802671&postcount=3012

It was the day after the Liverpool game where it seemed to dawn that this was going to be seriously big:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112809573&postcount=5329

To be clear - I'm not trying to judge those comments based on what we all know at the time - because we all had similar views. But it's disingenuous to suggest that you knew throughout that this was serious and that ordinary people should have known not to go to the game that was deemed safe by the police, clubs, UEFA and UK Government, while at the same time your posts shows that you were accusing others of engaging in scaremongering and mass hysteria.

We all came to the realisation of what has now happened at different points and based on different information. And I'm not saying you didn't take precautions during that time. But if you knew since February how bad this would be I think you were incorrect in the way you clearly downplayed it in your comments. And to now say that fans have blood on their hands and you haven't been in contact with anyone but patients, colleague and your housemate since February when you've posed in March about going to the gym is pretty funny to be honest.

If fans shouldn't have gone to the game on March 11th - why did you see no reason for schools to be closed on March 10th?

You do realise the coronavirus has been evolving daily.

So going through his individual posts to point out exactly what?

He has given a direct account of his current experience as someone who works in the medical field.

Alot of people thought It wasnt a big deal a few months back and then realised how serious this whole thing is as it evolved.

Also as a side note: Careful because I got abuse for using the boards search function before, just a heads up.

• This thread will hardly see out the day

The conversation was going fine for a day tbf to be honest until a few skewed it to tribal stuff.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement