Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Looks great all the club crests floating about, what does it mean? other than of course, the league in England is a one horse race this year

It means , not only are Liverpool going to walk the league but their fans are going to use every opportunity possible to remind everybody how great they are with loads of alternative graphs and stats.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its pretty close to the actually table as you'd expect after this many weeks, the data is based on an alternative league table which assigns a weight to home/away v so called top teams v the rest

Ah for feck aternative tables to shíte.

It would look better and make more sense if it held Liverpool constant and showed the rest dropping away. There is absolutely no reason for alternating the base data. It just ruins the data.

A percentage table without a clear base definition is bizarre anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Drumpot wrote: »
    It means , not only are Liverpool going to walk the league but their fans are going to use every opportunity possible to remind everybody how great they are with loads of alternative graphs and stats.... :pac:

Absolutely, just the same as Utd fans did for so long and at some time in the future may do again. (I emphasise the word may).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Absolutely, just the same as Utd fans did for so long and at some time in the future may do again. (I emphasise the word may.)

I find it quite silly whichever side is at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah come on lads, stop talking about the runaway league leaders and their record breaking run.

Is there not some mid table controversy we can be talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Harry's mesmerizing table probably wouldn't have caused so much controversy if it had been posted in the league leaders superthread.
    Probably.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Harry's mesmerizing table probably wouldn't have caused so much controversy if it had been posted in the league leaders superthread.
    Probably.

Pretty sure I'd have asked the same question. :P

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah come on lads, stop talking about the runaway league leaders and their record breaking run.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Probably.

If only it was even that being talked about instead of some daft faux statistical dribble.

Theres plenty of charts that could be made from actual stats without warping them into nonsensical fantasy-land.

I'm all for data visualizations they are cool and interesting way to convey information but butchered visualizations belong in a bog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Drumpot wrote: »

brace yourself,30 years of hurt is gonna be unleashed,tune out or accept it , we deserve it. 30 years of grief from utd,arsenal,fans..i dont include city or chelsea fans,their success means damm all to me haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

This means more, hasn't everyone heard?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Liam O wrote: »

Unbearable, hasn't everyone heard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

brace yourself,30 years of hurt is gonna be unleashed,tune out or accept it , we deserve it. 30 years of grief from utd,arsenal,fans..i dont include city or chelsea fans,their success means damm all to me haha.

Have to laugh " We deserve it"

Why?

Why?

Emmm.. because we are the best team this year ,laugh away. I'm laughing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

Why?

Liverpool will be the first team to win the league by double digit points and not deserve it. Strange but Liverpool fans won't give much credence to other fans opinions in this regard.

Emmm.. because we are the best team this year ,laugh away. I'm laughing too.

But that's not what you said. You referenced 30 years etc etc and then stated based on that, you deserved it.

• Advertisement

Why?

I don't understand what you mean.

It's not over yet but obviously Liverpool are the most deserving team this far?

Did you think he meant deserve it based on some other criteria?

Did you think he meant deserve it based on some other criteria?

See above, Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is there not some mid table controversy we can be talking about?

Personally, I find it interesting how the mid table sides these days are buying players from the continent at such big prices, and are able to attract higher quality players because of the increase in TV deal. In the past (from memory), the mid table clubs tended to buy British or from British clubs and try to use them to move up the table. Newcastle, Everton, Aston Villa and even City seemed to adapt that policy.

Maybe not controversial, but interesting to me anyways.

But that's not what you said. You referenced 30 years etc etc and then stated based on that, you deserved it.

Have to say I really think you have read that with the blinkers on.

That's ok. You're entitled to your opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Read that stuff all the time in the United thread, "we need to get back to the top where we belong". Why do you "belong" there. Same way Liverpool don't belong anywhere, you earn what you win when you win it, not because of past success or the name/size of the club.

• Every thread on boards at this stage :P

Knows what he's at,not bothered in the slightest.. laughing I am like I said.

Knows what he's at,not bothered in the slightest.. laughing I am like I said.

How dare I ask a question in relation to deserving the title.

G summed it up also for a different team. Its been mentioned a few times across the forum.

Has anyone ever won a league and not deserved it? Don't know of any team that won it and people said they don't deserve it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Every thread on boards at this stage :P

Great isn't it.

joe_99 wrote: »
    Liverpool will be the first team to win the league by double digit points and not deserve it. Strange but Liverpool fans won't give much credence to other fans opinions in this regard.

Well that depends if its fantasy stats being used or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

.G. wrote: »
    Read that stuff all the time in the United thread, "we need to get back to the top where we belong". Why do you "belong" there. Same way Liverpool don't belong anywhere, you earn what you win when you win it, not because of past success or the name/size of the club.

Ahem:
    .G. wrote:
    United fans and fan groups need to get of their arse and mobilise if you ever want the club back where it belongs, green and gold didn't last too long once the trophies kept rolling in. Or just sit around hoping the Saudis buy the club.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112167729&postcount=574

• ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Great isn't it.

Personally I'm looking forward to reading about the greatest team ever conceived in the wrestling thread soon enough

• Ahem:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Has anyone ever won a league and not deserved it? Don't know of any team that won it and people said they don't deserve it.

Rangers. Juventus. Saracens.

• Advertisement

Personally I'm looking forward to reading about the greatest team ever conceived in the wrestling thread soon enough

This place will be like a Royal Rumble at the end of the season so it'll be similar to the Wrestling Forum :pac:

Should create a poll on how many bans will happen :pac:

Cant believe one thread got away.
    I'll mobilise the troops.:)

Rangers. Juventus. Saracens.

If they managed to win the premier League, they'd definitely deserve it considering the difficulty involved as they're not in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Never have I seen a sports firm marketing department cause such hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Cant believe one thread got away

The wrestling thread.. where it all started for our The Good Olé Lads.. strange Mick picks that one out of the thousands on boards.

• This place will be like a Royal Rumble at the end of the season so it'll be similar to the Wrestling Forum :pac:

Should create a poll on how many bans will happen :pac:

I don't imagine many, 'emotional' is the term to cover all bases

Peatys wrote: »
    The wrestling thread.. where it all started for our The Good Olé Lads.. strange Mick picks that one out of the thousands on boards.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it was the first thing that came to mind because the Royal Rumble is tonight.(I think it's tonight anyway)

Conspiracy Theory is a different forum :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was watching Assassins the other day and thought "There's the T.Hanks clip". You've totally ruined that film for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it was the first thing that came to mind because the Royal Rumble is tonight.(I think it's tonight anyway)

Conspiracy Theory is a different forum :pac:

Ah, all fairness to me, i lost interest once Jake the Snake and Ultimate Warrior called it a day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Reading the bitching between the same 5/6 posters in here day in day out.

giphy.gif

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    I was watching Assassins the other day and thought "There's the T.Hanks clip". You've totally ruined that film for me.

I'd rank this #3 in your top ten best posts :D

That's ok. You're entitled to your opinion

T.Hanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

It's the Theatre of Dreams, hasn't every one heard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RBQy2ak2v9w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

joe_99 wrote: »
    It's the Theatre of Dreams, hasn't every one heard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RBQy2ak2v9w

not steeling your post but just want to show in full how classy united fans have become :D

• not steeling your post but just want to show in full how classy united fans have become :D

Nice share :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Ahem:

Yeah I was defo talking sh!te there, fair play. They are totally where they belong right now and I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If they managed to win the premier League, they'd definitely deserve it considering the difficulty involved as they're not in the league
    Well...
    Has anyone ever won a league and not deserved it?
    Has anyone ever won a league
    a league
    But I guess you didn't actually want an answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

not steeling your post but just want to show in full how classy united fans have become :D

Are Pool fans really going to go down a classy route? Jaysis

Well...

But I guess you didn't actually want an answer.

Look at the thread title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Are Pool fans really going to go down a classy route? Jaysis

liverpool fan or not you cant defend or excuse that video .....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement