Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    No its a good match and there is progression. He needs a few more players though

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Trigger wrote: »
    :pac:

I dont really know what I expected.

Guess I'm out of practice aswell :pac:

Pogba might. Unless Utd drop to anywhere near the relegation places Ole will be going nowhere.

I've seen that written a few times. Why isn't he going anywhere? If he's not up to scratch they'll surely get rid?

Maybe Utd are just waiting until the summer when Poch can sign without financial penalty (afaik).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

This is it wrote: »
    Did they interview Ole yet?

Did he give an interview, what was today's excuse??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Maguire for 80m is incredible business by Leicester.

They are better without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

rob316 wrote: »
    If he won't play what's the point of keeping your "best" midfielder?

Hes injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hes injured?

Stevie wonder could see he's not injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If he won't play what's the point of keeping your "best" midfielder?

He has a knock apparently keeping him out of today's squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hes injured?

Don't be stupid of course he's not injured. He's refusing to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

tanko wrote: »
    Did he give an interview, what was today's excuse??

3 minutes of smiling and trotting the same lines as before.
    Worked hard, didn't get the breaks, players are fitter now, building something..... blah blah blah.

Van Persie right to call him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Yeah cos he never acted like that at Arsenal.

MD1990 wrote: »

It just shows how rubbish the standard of Soccer was in the World Cup when the likes of Harry Maguire, Ashley Young and Eric Dier are in a team that almost reaches the final.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

£80M and the world's most expensive defender was utterly insane. Is he even in the top forty centre-halves in the world?

3 minutes of smiling and trotting the same lines as before.
    Worked hard, didn't get the breaks, players are fitter now, building something..... blah blah blah.

Van persie? You couldnt have used a worse example

Don't be stupid of course he's not injured. He's refusing to play

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Source?

Common sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Only saw the last 30 mins of the game and MOTD.

Maguire was poor for the goal, played Arsenal onside even though he could see the offside line.

https://twitter.com/JohnMcMah0n/status/1212466923713318913?s=19

2-0 down and chasing goals, and the RB was very poor going forward again. There was no attacking outlet down that wing. Constantly losing the ball, or just passing it backwards.

I counted at least twice he just kicked the ball over the end line attempting to dribble but heavy touches losing the ball, and one dive into the box. Including this example.

https://twitter.com/UsmanA__/status/1212488914218422272?s=19

• 3 minutes of smiling and trotting the same lines as before.

Fair play. And rightfully so.

A player like RVP who gave his all to united knows this

A league winner

Pogba is having an operation.

He is going some lengths if he is faking an injury.

Seems like Man Utd medical staff have handled his injury badly. Being brought back too early.

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    Only saw the last 30 mins of the game and MOTD.

Maguire was poor for the goal, played Arsenal onside even though he could see the offside line.

https://twitter.com/JohnMcMah0n/status/1212466923713318913?s=19

2-0 down and chasing goals, and the RB was very poor going forward again. There was no attacking outlet down that wing. Constantly losing the ball, or just passing it backwards.

I counted at least twice he just kicked the ball over the end line attempting to dribble but heavy touches losing the ball, and one dive into the box. Including this example.

https://twitter.com/UsmanA__/status/1212488914218422272?s=19
    Maguire isnt even that strong for someone at 100kg.

Lacazette out muscled him in the first half so has Salah in the past.
    No idea how he is Man Utd captain. Bailly is a better CB.

Seems like Man Utd medical staff have handled his injury badly. Being brought back too early.

He came back to early in the arsenal game at home. Going by some comments he is playing friendly games, full basketball games etc... pure sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Didn't he just play about a week ago?

Quazzie wrote: »

yes and now needs an operation so he was brought back too early from his injury.

poor from Man Utds medical staff.

but so much incompetence at the club it's probably not a huge surprise

Quazzie wrote: »

Yes he did and he is injured again.

Im not sure what the issue is really

Fair play. And rightfully so.

A player like RVP who gave his all to united knows this

A league winner

Ah but some people like moving goal posts and probably didn't even listen to what Van Persie actually said as they were too busy being contrarian here.

Ole fecking laughing while looking at replays of the goals and the guy who wasn't happy with that is the target instead.

• Advertisement

RVP gave his all to Utd for a whole 9 months!! Please, I have had longer pregnancies than he gave to Utd.

• RVP gave his all to Utd for a whole 9 months!! Please, I have had longer pregnancies.

Only won the league single handedly

Not bad for 9 months

Not bad for 9 months

He didn't win it single handedly if he was capable of that he would have won it before that.

RVP gave his all to Utd for a whole 9 months!! Please, I have had longer pregnancies than he gave to Utd.

About 8 months more than Pogba has.....

Filthy tackle by Ben Mee, he knew exactly what he was doing there. He got the ball so it's all grand, typical Burnley tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

Ole says it's Pogba's people who says he needs an operation. Why the hell aren't Utd's people looking after him. They pay his wages and his massive transfer fee. Very strange.

He didn't win it single handedly if he was capable of that he would have won it before that.

Best reply of the year :)

joe_99 wrote: »
    Ole says it's Pogba's people who says he needs an operation. Why the hell aren't Utd's people looking after him. They pay his wages and his massive transfer fee. Very strange.

Pogba is allowed do what he wants when he wants and some United fans happily accept this #FreePogba

Did you listen to his and Rio's comments?

He was 100% right in what he said,after being schooled by Arsenal,Ole stood in front of the cameras smiling,he asked why wasn't he angry.
    Van Persie was a prick when he played,but in a good way,just like Keane,Viera,Cantona. He has that streak that made him hate losing and the opposition hated them but grudgingly admired them. Imagine any of them watching their manager do that after a game that they lost so insipidly.
    Compare that to the players at United now and even Ole who carry on as if everything is fine.

• He didn't win it single handedly if he was capable of that he would have won it before that.

He only won the golden boot too

A nothing player bill

Not bad for 9 months

And Rio told a story of Ferguson calling the midfield in to a meeting, telling them of RVP making runs and if none of them played the ball in for those runs they were dropped.
    Too many fellas in the comfort zone at United now and no competition for places as all the back up is either over the hill or young lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Let’s keep OGS at the wheel. 39 points from his last 30 games. He’s doing great. D spending big money too. And Pogba is taking the p*ss out of him and the club. And if Pogba was scoring 20/30 goals or setting up the same you could, maybe, forgive them. But he isn’t. Utd are losing their dignity with him. And their money. And their self respect.

Did you listen to his and Rio's comments?

He was 100% right in what he said,after being schooled by Arsenal,Ole stood in front of the cameras smiling,he asked why wasn't he angry.
    Van Persie was a prick when he played,but in a good way,just like Keane,Viera,Cantona. He has that streak that made him hate losing and the opposition hated them but grudgingly admired them. Imagine any of them watching their manager do that after a game that they lost so insipidly.
    Compare that to the players at United now and even Ole who carry on as if everything is fine.

Van Persie went through his own hissy fit ways back in the day when he didn't win a title at Arsenal. I seem to remember a few times he didn't exactly give his all himself. Easy give your all to Utd, to burst your egg-bag for one year to win what you never did
    That's all I said. I never mentioned Rio who I do think gave his all for a lot longer than that medal chased.

A nothing player bill

She didnt say that, but typical you post a smart reply

A nothing player bill

He won the golden boot the season before too or didn't you know that.....?

• Advertisement

• He won the golden boot the season before too or didn't you know that.....?

He did for Arsenal yes, thanks for pointing that out

Indicates dedication regardless of desire to win

He did for Arsenal yes, thanks for pointing that out

Indicates dedication regardless of desire to win

Which makes bull**** of his "giving his all for Utd" claim then. He was a professional footballer doing his job and trying to get something for himself. What he did was not for Utd.

Which makes bull**** of his "giving his all for Utd" claim then. He was a professional footballer doing his job and trying to get something for himself. What he did was not for Utd.

Your argument is invalid just by comparing him to the likes of Lingard,Pogba, Pereira,Shaw.
    If they put in half the effort Van Persie did at United then we might see some different results in matches.
    Professional footballers not doing their jobs,if they worked in Lidl and put in the same effort they'd be sacked. Yet they are paid hundreds of thousands a week for what?

Why the hate for him and his speaking the truth,what if another pundit said it such as Neville, Carragher, Robbie Earle or whoever? It'd still be a valid point,for some reason because Van Persie who won a league at United said it yourself and Bangkok have a problem with it.
    The point of why he said what he did has been completely ignored, I thought you were better than that.

Your argument is invalid just by comparing him to the likes of Lingard,Pogba, Pereira,Shaw.
    If they put in half the effort Van Persie did at United then we might see some different results in matches.
    Professional footballers not doing their jobs,if they worked in Lidl and put in the same effort they'd be sacked. Yet they are paid hundreds of thousands a week for what?

Why the hate for him and his speaking the truth,what if another pundit said it such as Neville, Carragher, Robbie Earle or whoever? It'd still be a valid point,for some reason because Van Persie who won a league at United said it yourself and Bangkok have a problem with it.
    The point of why he said what he did has been completely ignored, I thought you were better than that.

You thought I was better than that??? Sure what do you know of me???? If you knew me at all you would know it has nothing to do with him winning at Utd. I am not anti-Utd. It's the whole "RVP so right to call him out on his attitude" when his own attitude was not always sterling himself. If someone said pundits right to question his attitude be fine. But RVP? He is no Ryan Giggs or Roy Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

You thought I was better than that??? Sure what do you know of me???? If you knew me at all you would know it has nothing to do with him winning at Utd. I am not anti-Utd. It's the whole "RVP so right to call him out on his attitude" when his own attitude was not always sterling himself. If someone said pundits right to question his attitude be fine. But RVP? He is no Ryan Giggs or Roy Keane.

Even if your opinion is that RVP was no better, does it make him wrong? I mean, everyone's a hypocrite to some extent. And in actual fact, someone who was perhaps guilty of a certain type of behavior in their past might even be better placed to spot it in others. (though i've actually always thought of RVP as a decent pro, albeit an injury ravaged one).

So take RVP's point on its own merits - is what he said right or wrong?
    I'd have to say he's more right than wrong myself anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I don’t want Watford to stay up cos it justifies sacking manager after manager. What a job Pearson doing tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I don’t want Watford to stay up cos it justifies sacking manager after manager. What a job Pearson doing tho

Watford have long justified their sacking approach. Only Gracia stuck around for any decent amount of time since Zola.

They have had 12 managers since 2012 (including Sanchez Flores twice and Hayden Mullins as caretaker) and they have been promoted, established as a PL side and made an FA Cup final in that time.

It's a strategy I don't like but it's hard to say it's not justified because it has clearly worked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

United get their asses handed to them, and the General thread turns into a pissing match about RvP's commitment levels.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

No its a good match and there is progression. He needs a few more players though

He has the worst win percentage of any United manager in history

We got rid of the last manager rightly because the players stopped playing for him

We have less points this season without the players downing tools the issue is the manager is tactically clueless

The longer he stays it's only going to get worse

Getting in a top manager and we have an outside chance of top 4 which makes signing good players easier

Currently we will be lucky to make the Europa league

I really fail to see what progression he is making

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

tanko wrote: »
    Filthy tackle by Ben Mee, he knew exactly what he was doing there. He got the ball so it's all grand, typical Burnley tackle.

Scumbag player, not the first time he's done this tackle either.
    I bet you if he was foreign the FA would be looking at punishing him, but because he's one of their own he'll be applauded for his British Bulldog type approach.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement