Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The total defeat of Guardiola is magnificent. Just need Real to beat them and he’ll quit. Couldn’t buy his way to another title or his holy grail sans Messi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

And now he's injured! The pace of the game got to him.

Son makes it two!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I love this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Terrible defending but good strike from Son.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

CHAMPIONS !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

6 wins needed .

Cheers Jose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Ederson's performances becoming as bad as that neck tattoo

Dcully wrote: »
    CHAMPIONS !!!

Steady!

6 wins needed if City drop points here.

• I thought Jose was a nothing manager, long past it etc etc according to some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I thought Jose was a nothing manager, long past it etc etc according to some

Alot had to go his way today in fairness.

There was a nice bite about spurs today tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

CHAMPIONS !!!

the mask slips, dance with me

OHHHHHHHHHHHH WHEN THE SPUUUUUUUUURS.....

• noodler wrote: »

Will he or will he not get spurs a CL place?

Will he or will he not get spurs a CL place?

This season, I don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

noodler wrote: »

Mourinho masterminded all those sitters by City, the penalty miss and the red card too. His mind powers also convinced Guardiola to start Otamendi & take off Aguero for Cancelo.

• 8-10 wrote: »
    This season, I don't think so

I think he will push Chelsea to the wire
    Gonna be a 1v1 battle for 4th place between them

• ERG89 wrote: »
    Mourinho masterminded all those sitters by City, the penalty miss and the red card too. His mind powers also convinced Guardiola to start Otamendi & take off Aguero for Cancelo.

It's good that he doesnt have control over VAR anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The total defeat of Guardiola is magnificent. Just need Real to beat them and he’ll quit. Couldn’t buy his way to another title or his holy grail sans Messi.

Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭Worztron

COYS ⚽⚽🐓

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

It's good that he doesnt have control over VAR anyway

Even down to 10 men City are still making plenty of chances so I don't think they were it would have been enough.

• Worztron wrote: »
    COYS ⚽⚽ðŸ“

Happy with Jose in charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yawn

Klopp outlasting him has been far from boring!! :)

Even down to 10 men City are still making plenty of chances so I don't think they were it would have been enough.

Did they score?
    Who is winning the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Walker is grand with the defeat. Having a good laugh

Did they score?
    Who is winning the match?

No, like during the week they missed a load of chances & they went down to 10 men too when it was 0-0. If you watched it you wouldn't need to be told City on another day would have scored 4 or 5. Hitting the bar at the end summed their day up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How the feck didn't VAR deem that Sterling one a red.

Flawless in Rugby today as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was slated on this thread earlier in this season worse than a non-national on Brexit Day for saying the EPL was the least competitive of Europe's top 5 leagues, but I'll just leave this here and let you make your own minds up:
    Bundesliga - Bayern with a 1 point lead over Leipzig – lost 4 games.

Serie A - Juventus with a 5 point lead over Lazio (having played a game more) – lost 2 games.

La Liga – Madrid with a 6 point lead over Barca (having played a game more) – lost 1 game.

Ligue 1 – PSG with a 13 point lead over Marseille (having played a game more) – lost 3 games.

Premier League – Liverpool with a 22 point lead over Man City – lost 0 games.

No, like during the week they missed a load of chances & they went down to 10 men too when it was 0-0. If you watched it you wouldn't need to be told City on another day would have scored 4 or 5. Hitting the bar at the end summed their day up.

You have no idea if I watched it or not.
    We could go all day about what ifs like Danny Ings yesterday but it's pointless. The result is as is.
    I asked will Jose get them a CL spot.
    I believe he will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I was slated on this thread earlier in this season worse than a non-national on Brexit Day for saying the EPL was the least competitive of Europe's top 5 leagues, but I'll just leave this here and let you make your own minds up:

And rightly so. You're judging one season.

That stat just shows the dominance/supremacy of Liverpool. Nothing else, but thanks. Great to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Walker is grand with the defeat. Having a good laugh

So was Ings yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Man City are favourites for the CL.

It is a freak season where Liverpool have been so good.

We'll see how Real do vs Man City. I would expect Man City to beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

You have no idea if I watched it or not.
    I asked will Jose get them a CL spot.
    I believe he will.

SPurs are still really flaky, they could have lost 4/5-0 today.
    I don't see them getting and staying ahead of Chelsea, United, Wolves and Sheffield Utd til the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You were wrong then, you’re wrong now, and you’ll be wrong every time you spout that nonsense.

Spit out that lemon and recognise the best team in world football and one of the best in Premier League history, 2019-20 Liverpool. :)

And rightly so. You're judging one season.

Except I'm not. Last season I pointed out the lack of competitiveness outside the top two and was slated for doing so then.

Liverpool are a great side playing in a poor league but those drinking the Sky hype kool aid can't bring themselves to admit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Except I'm not. Last season I pointed out the lack of competitiveness outside the top two and was slated for doing so then.

Similar situation to what you described in the other European leagues above actually. Couple of teams competing at the top and the rest a far bit behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Liverpool are a great side playing in a poor league but those drinking the Sky hype kool aid can't bring themselves to admit it.

7/7 teams through in Europe.

4/4 Euro finalists. No one is drinking kool aid the PL is currently stronger than any other league.

Tell me how all those teams go through if the league is weak?

I have to laugh at the narrative all the bitters are going with its a bad league blah blah its not a competitive league cry cry cry.
    If it wasnt a competitive league teams wouldnt be constantly taking points off eachother.
    The simple fact is Liverpool have been simply magnificent this year, were close to magnificent last year too and have absolutely blown everyone else out of the water.
    They took on a team touted as THE BEST ever in the PL era in City and have just destroyed them in every facet of the game.

Rival fans running with this deluded narrative are either:
    A. havent a fcuking clue about the game.
    or
    B. are just bitter and deluded beyond belief that a club they hate are now the best team in the World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

I have to laugh at the narrative all the bitters are going with its a bad league blah blah its not a competitive league cry cry cry.
    If it wasnt a competitive league teams wouldnt be constantly taking points off eachother.
    The simple fact is Liverpool have been simply magnificent this year, were close to magnificent last year too and have absolutely blown everyone else out of the water.
    They took on a team touted as THE BEST ever in the PL era in City and have just destroyed them in every facet of the game.

Rival fans running with this deluded narrative either

A. havent a fcuking clue about the game.
    or
    B. are just bitter and deluded beyond belief that a club they hate are now the best team in the World.
    I'll take b for 200 please Bob

Probably A and B actually come to think of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Game week 25 Highlights

Leicester V Chelsea

Bournemouth V Aston Villa

Crystal Palace V Sheff Utd

Liverpool V Southampton

Newcastle V Norwich

Watford V Everton

West Ham V Brighton

Man Utd V Wolves

Burnley V Arsenal

Spurs V Man City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Take the last 10 seasons. I think that’s a reasonable period of time to judge the competitiveness of a league.

Bundesliga - 2 winners
    Serie A - 3 winners
    La Liga - 3 winners
    Premier League - 4 winners
    Ligue 1 - 5 winners

Judging by that the PL is the second most competitive. And if you were to change that to 5 seasons, it would be the most competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

73 Liverpool
    51 Man City
    49 Leicester
    41 Chelsea
    37 Spurs
    36 Sheff Utd
    35 Man Utd Wolves
    33 Everton
    31 Arsenal Burnley Newcastle Southampton
    30 Palace
    26 Brighton Bournemouth
    25 Villa
    24 West Ham
    23 Watford
    18 Norwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

MD1990 wrote: »

4/4 Euro finalists. No one is drinking kool aid the PL is currently stronger than any other league.

Don't bother with him. Seriously. Rational doesn't work with him. Just laugh at the bitterness :pac:

martyos121 wrote: »
    You were wrong then, you’re wrong now, and you’ll be wrong every time you spout that nonsense.

Spit out that lemon and recognise the best team in world football and one of the best in Premier League history, 2019-20 Liverpool. :)

I'm happy to admit I'm wrong when I am. In this instance everything I have said has been vindicated.

And why would there be lemons? I was recognising Liverpool's quality way back in the summer of 2018 when many of their own fans couldn't see it. It's the hits you don't see coming that are the hardest.

Sadly there is an inability on this forum to assess things objectively and dispassionately. Most are more interested in twerking for thanks which is why many users have left over time, and why the standard of debate has reached Youtube comment section levels.
    MD1990 wrote:

Did you watch the European campaigns? Wolves I'll grant impressed but Arsenal struggled against Vitoria de Guimaraes among others. United were embarrassing. Chelsea scraped through on the last day. Tottenham got spanked by a Bayern team that went on to sack their coach. City were nothing special despite an easy group. Liverpool lost to Napoli and had more competitive games with Salzburg than in the EPL.

I'm happy to admit I'm wrong when I am. In this instance everything I have said has been vindicated.

Did you watch the European campaigns? Wolves I'll grant impressed but Arsenal struggled against Vitoria de Guimaraes among others. United were embarrassing. Chelsea scraped through on the last day. Tottenham got spanked by a Bayern team that went on to sack their coach. City were nothing special despite an easy group. Liverpool lost to Napoli and had more competitive games with Salzburg than in the EPL.

You are very wrong here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This season is hugely competitive, every team can beat any other side. Citing Liverpool as proof of otherwise is nonsense,they have had to dig out many points late in a game.

There is a question about quality, today City were hopeless where it mattered, Spurs who were mediocre were handed victory by second rate defending and a wider lack of control.

Norwich's current points total wouldn't have them bottom of any of those leagues.

Yet again, you are confusing a competitive title race with a competitive league overall.

All of those leagues have multiple teams worse than the worst team in the EPL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Liverpool aren't going to lose eight league games between now and the end of the season.

It's over. Bookies will be paying out tomorrow if they haven't already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement