Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It's very strange but consistent obsession dragging me into a discussion I'm not involved in.

Whats even more odd this information was posted in the transfer thread and not here and is a credible source. It was discussed with other posters in that thread.

It's as if this certain poster expect some given right for folks to reply. Not sure if some realise there's an ignore feature on this website.

These are all of your posts during the 'discussion'.
    In all seriousness that source has been bang on about alot of stuff recently, as triggered as some may get over it.

Not transfer related so sorry if off-topic but he also said recently Rashford is pretty much out for the season, which if true is damning evidence against the Utd medical staff and Ole.
    I actually think Pogba could have been right to get his own medical personal involved in his recent injury.
    What wages he currently on now? He could maneuver some absolutely colossal salary at a bigger club I suspect.

So I asked you to tell us what the stuff he was correct about.
    FitzShane wrote: »
    What are all these things he has been "bang on" with?

How come this person knows so munch inside information about numerous clubs that he is giving it all away for free for FPL people? I doubt he is getting handed information about Liverpool transfer from Kenny Dalglish himself and also secretive information from Man United also. How is that possible.

It's a load of bull.

twice.
    As suspected.

giphy.gif

And you went missing in the thread for 2 days before reappearing with this
    Fiction > Facts

That's weird because after you were asked to back up your claim about this lad getting multiple things correct, you didn't reply in the thread for over 2 days and ironically the post just said "Fiction > Fact". Which is just describing yourself really of talking about fiction and not fact, as you have no post in the thread outlining what was the multiple things he was bang on about. You didn't discuss it with anyone just said he got it right about Rashford being injured and that was it.

And I had every right to involve you in the discussion because originally pjohnson said that people are making up false stats so often on boards in terms of PL football. You seemed to be agreeing with him in both posts on this matter. I gave you, and Ornage2 with his VAR 14 points extra as examples of people actually doing it and then going hiding when called out. I've still yet to hear back about his multiple different examples of it. You are one of the cases of people making up false stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    pages and pages of posts, all trying to deny what they know in their soul, that Liverpool this year are just plain awesome!

It’s a league that produced the four finalists in the two European Cup competitions last year like, and has all its participants through to the knockout stages of each this year.

I remember a low ebb for the league when English teams got their dose of reality early and often in Europe. This is a golden era by comparison, and the most relevant way I can see of gauging “competitiveness”.

• Liam O wrote: »
    Really? First mention I've seen of it...

I'm not reading anyone saying this either. Would be interesting to see the posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It's very strange but consistent obsession dragging me into a discussion I'm not involved in.

Whats even more odd this information was posted in the transfer thread and not here and is a credible source. It was discussed with other posters in that thread.

It's as if this certain poster expect some given right for folks to reply. Not sure if some realise there's an ignore feature on this website.

Dunno how I got roped into it either, in his manic fetish to talk to you.

And I had every right to involve you in the discussion because originally pjohnson said that people are making up false stats so often on boards in terms of PL football. You seemed to be agreeing with him in both posts on this matter. I gave you, and Ornage2 with his VAR 14 points extra as examples of people actually doing it and then going hiding when called out. I've still yet to hear back about his multiple different examples of it. You are one of the cases of people making up false stats.
    Oh so you were quoting me while talking to two other posters. Rightio. Thats good to know.

You also seem to struggle with facts vs. stats and what poster actually says what.

I'm sorry you got emotional at your buddy being wrong about Norwich. Xox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

So funny watching these guys tying themselves in knots. They're so triggered :pac:

So funny watching these guys tying themselves in knots. They're so triggered :pac:

Yep. Getting emotional at being told Norwich dont have 25 pts was an amusing start to the afternoon for sure.

Also I hope t.hanks has a bodyguard. The obsession some have over his every move is borderline stalking.

• So funny watching these guys tying themselves in knots. They're so triggered :pac:

What's weird is how someone could be so triggered when their team has a 22 point lead in the PL

It really is funny :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    pages and pages of posts, all trying to deny what they know in their soul, that Liverpool this year are just plain awesome!

Not just this year they were awesome last year too, somebody in the league just did better. They won CL which is awesome and the year before they were in CL final. I am not even a Liverpool fan and I think they are unbelievable over 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yep. Getting emotional at being told Norwich dont have 25 pts was an amusing start to the afternoon for sure.

Also I hope t.hanks has a bodyguard. The obsession some have over his every move is borderline stalking.
    You are so pathetic :pac:
    It was a basic typo, on one point he was making. But you leap on it and won't let it go.

And you need the bodyguard as t.hanks (who I added to ignore a long time ago) is the only one stalking your posts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Yeah well my da would batter your da.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Some crowd of begrudgers here, unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Never change lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

pjohnson wrote: »
    Oh christ is this more alternative shíte again?

Norwich have 18 pts in the actual PL Table.

Why do some people need to embellish reality. It only discredits their actual (possibly valid) point.

Sorry, mixed up points with games played - 25 games 18 points.

Not an embellishment a mistake. 100% valid.

22 points clear. Some achievement so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Baggly wrote: »

Yore Ma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

6 wrote: »

Best team this league has ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it's like living in a dream

corona virus is a real threat, #takenothingforgranted

You are so pathetic :pac:
    It was a basic typo, on one point he was making. But you leap on it and won't let it go.

And you need the bodyguard as t.hanks (who I added to ignore a long time ago) is the only one stalking your posts :D

No I said it once and then someones rabid t.hanks fetish kicked in and they started demanding I speak for t.hanks repeatedly.

Besides Steyr has just responded in a normal manner acknowledging his mistake and keeping any emotions held in check and not crying or shrieking over t.hanks so thats the end of it really.

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Sorry, mixed up points with games played - 25 games 18 points.

Not an embellishment a mistake. 100% valid.
    Fair enough then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

6 wrote: »

That video from pre-season of Liam Gallagher saying "Liverpool had the greatest season in their entire history and came second...too funny", is now actually too funny to listen to and has aged spectacularly well. Funny that he has been so quiet lately, wonder what he makes of City and the rest bottling a title challenge by the beginning of February?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That video from pre-season of Liam Gallagher saying "Liverpool had the greatest season in their entire history and came second...too funny", is now actually too funny to listen to and has aged spectacularly well. Funny that he has been so quiet lately, wonder what he makes of City and the rest bottling a title challenge by the beginning of February?

Funny you should mention him because his new video was released the other day and stars Eric Cantona.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

It's not a poor title defence, though Liverpool have been at a different level to anything seen before and even if City's standards have slipped a bit, they still probably couldn't live with Liverpool's form this season, no team could. It's only 1 season though, there's no way they can be this good again next season, there's no way City can be so bad.

Also I think there's been a fair amount of disrespect to City this season. I think Le Sauz said during the coverage of the game yesterday, let's not forget this is a City team that have done the double, they've raised the bar in the Premier League and what they've done deserves a tonne of respect. I have no issue with them putting the league on the back burner, given that we are almost guaranteed top 4, and focusing on the Champions League. Back to back success in the league has earned him that.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Can you back that up in any way?

From what I have read Liverpool have had 3 goals for disallowed through VAR and had 3 goals against disallowed and had one VAR decision leading to a goal for.

Can you just not accept that Liverpool are 22 points ahead and European Champions through merit?

I suppose the next step is the league is weak or Liverpool have been lucky with injuries.

someone needs to post that hysterical Robbie Savage radio phone in when that stat was first introduced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

How have Man City bottle the title challenge?

Quazzie wrote: »

unlike Liverpool last year they've lost 6 games, that's a bottlejob I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

gimli2112 wrote: »
    unlike Liverpool last year they've lost 6 games, that's a bottlejob I'm afraid

I'm not quiet sure you understand the meaning of what you're talking about,

But please proceed because it sure is entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I listened to the 606 podcast this afternoon and there was an Arsenal fan on it that would give Statman Gaz a run for his money,

Kev the Arsenal fan reckons Arteta has shown enough now that proves Arsenal will walk the league next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I listened to the 606 podcast this afternoon and there was an Arsenal fan on it that would give Statman Gaz a run for his money,

Kev the Arsenal fan reckons Arteta has shown enough now that proves Arsenal will walk the league next season.

Hard to know what Arsenal will be like next year.

Will they move Ozil and PEA on as their contracts are out in 2021(I think?) so will they move them on for a fee this summer or let them walk for nothing then? If they go there will be funds available but how much would it cost to replace them?

Lacazette well out of form now but I wouldn't be selling him and Pepe so far has been very poor for the fee paid. Add in Martelini and that looks a bit light to be starting next season but if they click could be a very strong front three. Maybe a new striker?

Will they finally address the defensive side of the squad as well? Could do with another CM as well.

Arsenal will be nowhere until they change their ownership.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'm not quiet sure you understand the meaning of what you're talking about,

But please proceed because it sure is entertaining.

Comes across as a very bitter response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭This is it

Baggly wrote: »

Honestly. Worse than kids.

The last 5 pages are

"Its funny what you're saying"

"No, it's funny what YOU'RE saying"

"No, no, it's funnier what YOU'RE saying"

"No, no, no..."

Jaysus lads sort your lives out. I'm embarrassed for you.

don't be embarrassed for us, we're having great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I think you're confusing your Gallacher brothers there , I'm fairly sure it was Noel that said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

I love this Monday Meltdown part of the thread. The saltiness is great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Just guess to show how little moderators even do these days. This tit for tat banner!!!!! It's the norm now and any sorry of a decent and informed discussion is weighed down by pages and pages of BS. I've posted less and less on boards this past year and easy to see why..

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »
    I love this Monday Meltdown part of the thread. The saltiness is great...

I miss Monday meltdowns. Unusual to be the one looking in from the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

HANG ON HANG ON

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

ESPN's up to date VAR stats.

VAR OVERTURNS (NET SCORE)

Brighton & Hove Albion +7
    Crystal Palace +5
    Manchester United +4
    Southampton +3
    AFC Bournemouth +2
    Burnley +2
    Leicester City +2
    Liverpool +1
    Newcastle +1
    Manchester City 0
    Tottenham Hotspur 0
    Watford 0
    Everton -1
    Arsenal -2
    Aston Villa -2
    Chelsea -2
    West Ham -4
    Wolves -4
    Norwich City -6
    Sheffield United -6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    What is the metric for deciding the league is a poor standard?

Is there any answer I can give that isn't going to be jumped upon by a few insecure posters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Sheffield utd robbed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think you're confusing your Gallacher brothers there , I'm fairly sure it was Noel that said that.

Liam was all over Twitter last season too though. Every time city won and stayed ahead he put up something or other about "heavy metal football" mocking Klopp.

Not so much this season...........

. It's only 1 season though, there's no way they can be this good again next season, .

Is it summer 2019 again already?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Liam was all over Twitter last season too though. Every time city won and stayed ahead he put up something or other about "heavy metal football" mocking Klopp.

Not so much this season...........

Is it summer 2019 again already?

Maybe true about Liam but I think this is the video in question by Noel...

https://twitter.com/baverstock1980/status/1224401977465024514?s=19

this is glorious thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ESPN's up to date VAR stats.

VAR OVERTURNS (NET SCORE)

Brighton & Hove Albion +7
    Crystal Palace +5
    Manchester United +4
    Southampton +3
    AFC Bournemouth +2
    Burnley +2
    Leicester City +2
    Liverpool +1
    Newcastle +1
    Manchester City 0
    Tottenham Hotspur 0
    Watford 0
    Everton -1
    Arsenal -2
    Aston Villa -2
    Chelsea -2
    West Ham -4
    Wolves -4
    Norwich City -6
    Sheffield United -6

Brighton would be bottom if VAR didn't exist

690.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Grueller

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Wow, one of the most disgusting posts I've read on Boards in 10 years!

Why? Who is he wishing ill will on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What a question.

I wish a similar line of questioning was considered last season when Liverpool apparently bottled the league on January 3rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

You're correct, it was Liam, my bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Brighton would be bottom if VAR didn't exist

690.jpg

Where is the minus 4 coming from for Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

These last few pages

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

a quiet place

I love emily blunt

are we still winning?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement