Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Just seeing the goals. That Martial goal is my type of gravy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Haha the head on Ancelotti there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Pickford must be the worst Goalkeeper in the league alongside Kepa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Oranage2 wrote: »
    That's mad, surely must win it this year

No he wont because Arsenal won't win anything this year and he's only playing in the Europa League.

He only has two more league goals than Salah and has five fewer assists.

For someone who is meant to be the best African player in the world according to you he's not outperforming Salah who is having a poor season according to many.

• Pickford must be the worst Goalkeeper in the league alongside Kepa

I honestly believe if Ancellotti corrects this in the summer Everton will challenge for top 6 easily next season

He is a liability and has been for 12+ months

English hype has upped his stock when he played in the last international tournament when in reality he was never anything other than ok at best

Great to see Gomes back. Handsome fecker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Leno done well this half, but defdnding is a challenge for both of these.

No idea how we didn't come out if that with a point. So many chances at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I honestly believe if Ancellotti corrects this in the summer Everton will challenge for top 6 easily next season

He is a liability and has been for 12+ months

English hype has upped his stock when he played in the last international tournament when in reality he was never anything other than ok at best

Who was the last English NT keeper who wasn't ****? I genuinely can't remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rob316 wrote: »
    Who was the last English NT keeper who wasn't ****? I genuinely can't remember

Ironically, probably Seaman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nicely played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I rate nick pope . Just don’t join a big club !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I rate nick pope . Just don’t join a big club !

Pope, Heaton, foster all better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Leno done well this half, but defdnding is a challenge for both of these.

That's the first game in 4 that arsenal have conceded. Let's not let a small thing like facts get in the way of a little dig though.

Quazzie wrote: »
    That's the first game in 4 that arsenal have conceded. Let's not let a small thing like facts get in the way of a little dig though.

Let's not let a thing like common knowledge know that Arsenal back line is incredibly terrible.

Just go back and check through your Arsenal thread on how bad that defence is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Greatly improved since arteta took over , no doubting individually some of the defenders are poor put arteta has set it up structurally so that they are not exposed as much anyway doesn't matter 3 points today , only stat that matters

• ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ironically, probably Seaman.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Arsenal definitely going in the right direction for sure. Will be interesting to see who Arteta can attract in the summer

Does Adrián at Liverpool qualify for England? Kind of like Cudicini did, based on residency?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Not sure about Foster, gave away the pen and wasn't great for the Martial goal.

Only saw those highlights of that game now. Why doesn't VAR get the same level of praise as it does criticism? Obviously got the Lo Celso decision wrong, but was a big moment when it got the Deeney goal decision right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Only saw those highlights of that game now. Why doesn't VAR get the same level of praise as it does criticism? Obviously got the Lo Celso decision wrong, but was a big moment when it got the Deeney goal decision right.
    Looking at Reddit, a lot of people are complaining about the Deeney goal too. I think some people just need something to complain about, so VAR becomes that thing.

Looking at Reddit, a lot of people are complaining about the Deeney goal too. I think some people just need something to complain about, so VAR becomes that thing.
    That is true. Refs must be loving it at the moment with VAR getting the spotlight.

Are you comparing Foster to Pickford based on the 1 game you saw him this week?

Are you comparing Foster to Pickford based on the 1 game you saw him this week?
    No. Foster has pulled off a lot of saves, in a relegation threatened team, much like Pickford did with Sunderland. But put Foster in a team with serious expectations, or Eng, and I reckon the mistakes would be more glaring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Leicester City have only gotten 12 points from there last 11 games and no goals for Vardy in 8. One man team? Maybe a two man team as Ndidi has been missing for most of those games.

Both Leicester and Chelsea really are relying heavily on the good starts they had to the season to keep there top 4 places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Any word on how VAR got a VAR decision in the Chelsea game wrong ?

I can't get my head around how they looked at all the video's and decided it wasn't a red but ten minutes later decided it was ?
    What changed in the time ? did a another party contact them or what happened makes no sense ,

I can't get my head around how they looked at all the video's and decided it wasn't a red but ten minutes later decided it was ?
    What changed in the time ? did a another party contact them or what happened makes no sense ,

VAR rubbed their eyes and their contacts fell out and had to be reinserted... Only explanation :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

This is an excerpt from David Ornstein's piece in the Athletic. I believe small sections are allowed to be copied in, apologies to the mods if I'm wrong...
    The Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) came to this decision without any input from Coote (the VAR ref) and he was completely unaware of it until his post-match debrief.

PGMOL boss Mike Riley was not at VAR’s Stockley Park HQ as the situation unfolded but he quickly got in touch to express an opinion and in conjunction with his deputy Adam Gale-Watts, former referee Dermot Gallagher and several other senior figures on site, the fault was conceded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

They were very quick to name the ref om Soccer Saturday. There were ridiculous decisions in both games but they really threw him under the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Not only the Chelsea game but the Leicester game too where Leicester should have had a penalty in the 1st half of the game for a hand ball same situation he later gave Man City a penalty for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Not only the Chelsea game but the Leicester game too where Leicester should have had a penalty in the 1st half of the game for a hand ball same situation he later gave Man City a penalty for.

Iv said before its wrong but a profile of a player seems to come into it , Like Harry Maguire the other week ,,
    KDB was never getting peno against him because he's KDB ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Man City's complaining & surronding match officials about VAR has worked.

They are getting lot of dubious calls in their favour.

Mahrez dive against Wolves. Palace no penalty. No Leicester penalty. Goal vs Shefield Utd not ruled out.
    Man City complain about the Trent handball. It is correct there was a handball by Bernado Silva.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Man City's complaining & surronding match officials about VAR has worked.

They are getting lot of dubious calls in their favour.

Mahrez dive against Wolves. Palace no penalty. No Leicester penalty. Goal vs Shefield Utd not ruled out.
    Man City complain about the Trent handball. It is correct there was a handball by Bernado Silva.

Lets see if thy charge Man City like they did United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Liverpool poppin' off again. ResidentSleeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Liverpool CANNOT be defeated. Nearly there. :)

If Liverpool can manage to lose all 11 remaining games they will match the points total of the 1999 Man U team at the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I’d say that one hurt a few. Glad WHU got nil points :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Even when Liverpool are losing, you still feel they are going to win. It must be unbearable to play them at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Who were the teams wearing the black arm bands for?

A goal apiece from the 2 best African players too

• Advertisement

Bobby Moore I think

8-10 wrote: »
    Bobby Moore I think

Former Liverpool and Lincoln player Brian Jackson who died on Valentines Day

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/brian-jackson-liverpool-lincoln-city-3874556

Chelsea V Spurs

Burnley V Bournemouth

Palace V Newcastle

Sheff Utd V Brighton

Southampton V Villa

Leicester V Man City

Man Utd V Watford

Wolves V Norwich

Arsenal V Everton

Liverpool V West Ham

79 Liverpool
    57 Man City
    50 Leicester
    44 Chelsea
    41 Man Utd
    40 Spurs Sheff Utd
    39 Wolves
    37 Arsenal Burnley
    36 Everton
    34 Southampton
    33 Palace
    31 Newcastle
    28 Brighton
    26 Bournemouth
    25 Villa
    24 West Ham Watford
    18 Norwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

In b4brinty

Former Liverpool and Lincoln player Brian Jackson who died on Valentines Day

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/brian-jackson-liverpool-lincoln-city-3874556

Ah fair enough. Bobby Moore died 27 years ago today and West Ham wore t-shirts to honour him in their warm-up so I presumed their arm bands were for the same reason

fullstop wrote: »
    In b4brinty

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

More like black insulating tape the scabby fkrs.

Arsenal + ManU a point behind!

Mad stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

UrbanFret wrote: »
    More like black insulating tape the scabby fkrs.

That's a pretty off colour thing to say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement