Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

adaminho wrote: »
    The pro14 have said that any abandoned games will be classified as 0-0 draws.

Clearly that would suit Liverpool to a tee as it would mean undefeated and still with fewer draws than Arsenals season :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

Clearly that would suit Liverpool to a tee as it would mean undefeated and still with fewer draws than Arsenals season :).

Would also suit Both Manchester clubs and Chelsea as Liverpool could only finish on 90 putting them 6th on the highest total points.

adaminho wrote: »
    Would also suit Both Manchester clubs and Chelsea as Liverpool could only finish on 90 putting them 6th on the highest total points.

Celebrations all around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

France has just banned people gathering if it's over 5k so guess that will affect football.

Haven't really heard much from the government over here about it, Johnson seems to have disappeared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

RasTa wrote: »
    France has just banned people gathering if it's over 5k so guess that will affect football.

Haven't really heard much from the government over here about it, Johnson seems to have disappeared

Current ban is for gatherings in confined spaces - concerts etc - but not outdoor events like sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

4000 people?
    Nah, virus needs at least 5000 to spread.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    4000 people?

:D

Current ban is for gatherings in confined spaces - concerts etc - but not outdoor events like sport.

Strange, you would have well over that in the stands.

Stadium concerts fine then?

However can see this season getting cancelled now with the way this is spreading. South Korea just declared 813 new cases, 3 in the UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

RasTa wrote: »

... bad yet Juventus travelled to France 3 days ago for a game.

Lots of BS and publicity seeking nonsense happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Where are the UK cases?

Non affected regions in Italy still have some games going ahead this weekend, and Italy is the 3rd worst affected country in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Tim Sherwood as a pundit comes across as such an idiot. Burnley shouldnt want to qualify for Europe cause they can't win it and no other league is competitive but in England. -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

eigrod wrote: »
    That’s interesting. Rugby seems to have much more foresight than Football. They Said the same in the World Cup for games that might be weather affected - it was **** but at least everyone one where they stood. Football authorities need to stop sitting on their hands and make some decisions on what will happem in various scenarios that this is going to throw up.

No relegation in Pro14 and finishing top doesn't win you the league so they can do with with much less impact

FitzShane wrote: »
    Where are the UK cases?

Non affected regions in Italy still have some games going ahead this weekend, and Italy is the 3rd worst affected country in the world.

Just said
    Three more patients have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, bringing the total here to 23. Two of the latest diagnosed patients had just returned from Italy, and the third from Asia, according to the Department of Health and Social Care.

joe_99 wrote: »
    No relegation in Pro14 and finishing top doesn't win you the league so they can do with with much less impact

Plus the tv money is peanuts compared to football. Rugby isn't near the same scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Absolutely... Pro 14 isn't a serious competition really, at least not until the knock out stages.
    For example, half strength teams, games on at the same days as internationals, huge, one sided scorelines, teams in to make up numbers from SA:not comparing like with like at all.

Will Brighton be looking for Chris Houghton to come back? Probably not, but Graham Potter's side hasn't pushed on this season, very sterile in attack on particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    4000 people?

Man city should be fine so :D

It's a flu, not the ****ing black death. It's not even as bad as the regular flu which kills 500,000 per year. The mass hysteria is nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

6 wrote: »
    It's a flu, not the ****ing black death. It's not even as bad as the regular flu which kills 500,000 per year. The mass hysteria is nuts.

It's more than 10 times at deadly as the normal flu with an unknown incubation period and underreported information from places like China, Iran and North Korea.

It's serious alright.

There is almost too much issues brought up to stop football for the forseeable future.
    Champions/Europa League, Euro 2020 & the playoffs, domestic leagues you have future european qualification, relegation, promotion, cups & league winners. Plus having thousands of players being paid with money coming being up in the air from TV, sponsors & to a lesser extent ticket sales. With all those I imagine they'd have to pause competitions until they can be finished in the summer. Then you'd have to push transfer windows too & deal with players contracts that expire on the 30th of June.

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    It's more than 10 times at deadly as the normal flu with an unknown incubation period and underreported information from places like China, Iran and North Korea.

It's serious alright.

Is it 10 times more deadly? Agree with the rest of your post

Is it 10 times more deadly? Agree with the rest of your post

It's hard to know what to believe but that's what a guest on Newstalk yesterday said. Something like 1% of people who get it, which is more than normal flu.

I think it'll be OK in the long run, they're predicting a vaccine by September, it's just the pressure on not having mass gatherings that might become a problem for football.

I could see Champions League getting cancelled before Premier League anyway.

West Ham lead, Bournemouth will regret their misses v Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

that's because more people get the flu, my dodgy math reckons it's got around a 3% fatality rate but it's the elderly and people with underlying health conditions who are most at risk. I reckon I'm just young enough to play COD and just old enough to be safe from the virus.
    I may be wrong on both counts.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    that's because more people get the flu, my dodgy math reckons it's got around a 3% fatality rate but it's the elderly and people with underlying health conditions who are most at risk. I reckon I'm just young enough to play COD and just old enough to be safe from the virus.
    I may be wrong on both counts.

Elderly, particularly over 80 and underlying conditions seem to be the most affected. Younger people much less so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Spanish flu killed 50 million people in 12 months and effected 500 million people around the world in 1918/19.

• Advertisement

• Bournemouth....nice

3-1 West Ham.

Cherries 2-1 VAR having a look. goal confirmed.

The "Top Four race" is full of possibilities

• Bahahah 2-1 Bournemouth

Get in

The greatest league ever ever with the bestest teams ever ever ...not

The Spanish flu killed 50 million people in 12 months and effected 500 million people around the world in 1918/19.

I remember reading about that before. A quarter of the world's population contracted it. Dont think the death rate was sky high, 3% or less but obviously crazy contagious.

Chelsea to bottle 4th by the looks of it.

• Advertisement

• Offside :)

Can't see Bournemouth holding out I dont think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I remember reading about that before. A quarter of the world's population contracted it. Dont think the death rate was sky high, 3% or less but obviously crazy contagious.

That was when the world was still quiet isolated from travel today it would spread a lot faster due to daily international travel.

Looking at the squads today...I had honestly no idea that Danny Welbeck played for Watford

• Goal was coming as I thought

Newcastle vs Burnley has been so poor MOTD will show it last tomorrow night instead.

• Nice result for Bournemouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭This is it

Awkward looking fall for Deulofeu

This is it wrote: »
    Awkward looking fall for Deulofeu

Looks bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Foot was planted too, looks like it could ACL damage, season ender unfortunately

3 relegation zone teams in a row for Liverpool and 3 massive tests.

Big 45mins to come

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

6 wrote:
    Elderly, particularly over 80 and underlying conditions seem to be the most affected. Younger people much less so.

6 wrote:

That was when the world was still quiet isolated from travel today it would spread a lot faster due to daily international travel.

Am I in a football thread.... Are my eyes deceiving me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Does Mane look like doing anything? Only half watching as it's date night :(

Edit: Woops thought was in FPL thread.

brinty wrote: »
    Am I in a football thread.... Are my eyes deceiving me

Soccer thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Liverpool awful, worst iv seen them play in years infact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Klopp made a big deal out of the winter break but in all honesty Liverpool have been very poor in each game since it

Serious composure, great finish. Liverpool in trouble here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Another couple and Watford might get a draw out of this.

This is what happens when I bring and captain Salah into FF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sarr-s virus inflicting Liverpool

• Advertisement

Was waiting for Lalana to balloon that but it cracks off the outside of the post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement