Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

mightyreds wrote: »
    Yeah let them enjoy it, I'm annoyed now but hopefully come May 17th i'll be comatose with alcohol poisoning.

That unbeaten nonsense was just more distraction the lads didn't need. Get a few leagues in the bag then we can start thinking about unbeaten titles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Liverpool proving today it takes something special to be invincible and not even a very good team can do it. It takes true greatness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Great interview there from Foster and fair play to Watford they totally deserved the win, they truly out played Liverpool all over the pitch.

• MOTD is on @ 10.30pm tonight. Worth a watch for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Quazzie wrote: »
    Liverpool proving today it takes something special to be invincible and not even a very good team can do it. It takes true greatness.

Ah shure I'd argue being European, world and soon to be league champions is a better barometer of true greatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Quazzie wrote: »

Can't speak for other Pool fans but of all the things I saw as a priority going into this game, staying unbeaten in the league was pretty low on my list. Not the first time we lost this season so nothing to see here really in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’s nice we could give all the newly converted Arsenal fans a day to remember, and still tomorrow they’ll wake up with the sobering thought that we’re 22 points clear at the top and still 4 wins at most away from winning the title.

Also nice to see the idiotic opinions about the league being of a poor standard shut down when a bottom three side can hammer the runaway league leaders. Most already knew that was BS, at least now there’s concrete proof for the deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Kits where to heavy not used to the away ones,
    Has to be the reason

martyos121 wrote: »
    Also nice to see the idiotic opinions about the league being of a poor standard shut down when a bottom three side can hammer the runaway league leaders...

Stop, everyone, just stop.

Do not point out the very obvious...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Can't speak for other Pool fans but of all the things I saw as a priority going into this game, staying unbeaten in the league was pretty low on my list. Not the first time we lost this season so nothing to see here really in my opinion.

Course not :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Stop, everyone, just stop.

Do not point out the very obvious...

The obvious thing is that Klopp is just a nice guy. Kid from Donegal, a United fan, literally wrote to him last week asking for this. Surprised nobody else tried it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I've already said treble is the one I want, United 99 season still remains the best single season.

rob316 wrote: »
    I've already said treble is the one I want, United 99 season still remains the best single season.

I want to win the Premier League. If it's with 79pts having lost all remaining games so be it. Just want to win the thing.

Desperately want to win the Champions League as well, but not at the expense of the Premier League.

Any way will do.

8-10 wrote: »
    I want to win the Premier League. If it's with 79pts having lost all remaining games so be it. Just want to win the thing.

Desperately want to win the Champions League as well, but not at the expense of the Premier League.

Any way will do.

Winning the European cup back to back would an outstanding feat and put this team right up there. Treble would be the icing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Could get very nervy yet, Everton and City away in the next 4 games, I think Liverpool fans hopes to have it done by the City game that won't happen now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

And will remain as United went unbeaten in Europe that season and played PL teams in every single round of the FA Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Are villa going down? I like Watford, Villa never look like they belong in the premier league:)

Winning the European cup back to back would an outstanding feat and put this team right up there

In fairness we've done that before

And will remain as United went unbeaten in Europe that season and played PL teams in every single round of the FA Cup

Ya no one will give a ****e about that if Liverpool win the treble. Pointless fluff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Talk about pedantics.

Nobody cares about how a team got there.

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    In fairness we've done that before

This squad I'm talking about not the last century.

Ya no one will give a ****e about that if Liverpool win the treble. Pointless fluff

Oh they will care. People will always care. Just look at today.

Talk about pedantics.

Nobody cares about how a team got there.

BS.

People will always compare. It's been practically this thread for last week or so.

**** it it's all I ever listened to as a kid good or bad

Oh they will care. People will always care. Just look at today.

That's the first time I've ever heard your bonuses about United treble season. They're cup competitions you get through the ties and win nothing else matters.

People care about these things. Deal with it.

The fact that Kew has brought up the United fa cup run shows he cares. He’s not a nobody so point proven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Shows how much this run for Liverpool have hurt people lol

That's the first time I've ever heard your bonuses about United treble season. They're cup competitions you get through the ties and win nothing else matters.

People compare teams every day. This thread this week has all about comparing this team to this team

It goes on and on. Btw I don't really give a hoots. Treble is a Treble. This liverpool team are great team today does not matter. But I'm pointing out everyone still does this team v that team.

It's gone in for years and will continue to. Way it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Ben Foster’s kit clashed with the referee’s. It was a disgrace.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Ben Foster’s kit clashed with the referee’s. It was a disgrace.

How did that affect the game? Disgracefully.

How did that affect the game? Disgracefully.

How is Mane meant to throw himself to the ground if he thinks the referee is constantly standing over him?

• Advertisement

How is Mane meant to throw himself to the ground if he thinks the referee is constantly standing over him?

:pac: Very good.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ddf5563d6e0c7bd273364a8898f811a610c2ebbe&rid=giphy.gif

Shows how much this run for Liverpool have hurt people lol

This season has been a game changer for some. Probably thought they'd never see the day. And on the back of a champions league too. Eating some people up. Weird stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Are villa going down? I like Watford, Villa never look like they belong in the premier league:)

This season or in general?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I thought 13 months of built up "banter" waiting on this day would be better than this lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

mightyreds wrote: »
    I thought 13 months of built up "banter" waiting on this day would be better than this lads

Ah now now!!!
    That was very funny in fairness.

• Ah now now!!!
    That was very funny in fairness.

Ironically it's the exact same lads who have been giving the bantz all season crying about it tonight

A reminder for all

MOTD @ 10.30pm

The only good thing about MOTD tonight will be the league table :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Ironically it's the exact same lads who have been giving the bantz all season crying about it tonight

A reminder for all

MOTD @ 10.30pm

I'm not crying at all, just saying poor effort on all parts , don't see how you'd get that I'm crying about it from that post I couldn't care about the jokes being honest

• Advertisement

• mightyreds wrote: »
    I'm not crying at all, just saying poor effort on all parts , don't see how you'd get that I'm crying about it from that post I couldn't care about the jokes being honest

Tbf at least you seem well able so point taken

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ddf5563d6e0c7bd273364a8898f811a610c2ebbe&rid=giphy.gif

fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=100&width=700&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F023%2F946%2Flemon.jpg

fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=100&width=700&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F023%2F946%2Flemon.jpg

???? I don't get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

???? I don't get it

I think that's United fans.

Enjoying the lemon (Liverpool loss) but deep down know it's bitter (because their own team is 38 points behind them).

Could be wrong though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I think that's United fans.

Enjoying the lemon (Liverpool loss) but deep down know it's bitter (because their own team is 38 points behind them).

Could be wrong though.

You're not wrong.

United are 38 points behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Liverpool were worried about Corona Virus, and they should have been worried about Sarrs*

*Shamelessly stolen off twitter but it's very good :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Failed to do an invincibles. Now let's see can they do a treble. I think pool dlfans need a reality check, great side but probably not one of the greatest sides In premiership history, it's just a poor league this season and liverpool are good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Failed to do an invincibles. Now let's see can they do a treble. I think pool dlfans need a reality check, great side but probably not one of the greatest sides In premiership history, it's just a poor league this season and liverpool are good

I think it's up there with the best depth ever from 10-20. It's just that 3-6 aren't as strong as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Oranage2 wrote: »

Ye because it’s easy to do an invincibles. Try posting next time not after walking in from the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

How does it go from we are going to be invincibles to thank God we lost the pressure is off.....if you cant handle the invincibles oressure at 22 points clear how are you likely going to handle the treble pressure...

Fact is liverpool have been bang average for about a month now. Norwich, Villa, Atletico the defending has bee sub par at best and its caught up.

I dont see you going any further In the CL or FA CUP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

6 wrote: »
    The only good thing about MOTD tonight will be the league table :o

But I thought this was the greatest league season in history?

Or has that narrative changed now?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement