Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Champions League Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Super Jack. Unreal player. At the top of his game at the moment. A joy to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Patser wrote: »
    Need to make a change now though I think, Barkley is fading out - bring on Davis, Maybe Trez for Traore

True but not Davis. Traroe doing OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Ughhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

True but not Davis. Traroe doing OK.

Nakamba was good last game, and push Luiz up. Or try Ramsey again?

Feck again.... jammy gits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

I did worry about this at half time and we've been undone by our own wastefulness.

Oh jesus, how are we losing! How!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Midfield hasn't done enough this half.

McGinn and Barkley way too quiet.

• Advertisement

Burnley just about doubled their home goal total.

Traore not helping Cash again, unreal header by Wood though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Game should have been won by half time.
    Draw would be fantastic now.
    Why have we no subs made by now ?
    Barkley poor again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Unbelievable if we lose this.

Martinez seems slightly off tonight?

Watkins is being marked out of game, the release valve of setting him loose is gone

We need another striker on loan
    Davies is extra defender for burnley

• Advertisement

So undone by a team containing Lowton and Westwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Totally tuned out after going 2-1 up. Shocking defending. Not stopping crosses. Bread and butter stuff vs Burnely

No team plan now, just hit and hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Grealish finishing the game poorly. Trying to do too much himself

Well, feck.

• Advertisement

Davies is like a sick old dog that needs to be put down.
    He will not score and needs to be sent packing from the club.
    Don't think I've ever seen such a useless striker at the club and we've had some turkeys.

Thats an absolute sickener.

Is davies actually george weah cousin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Barkely and McGinn nowhere to be seen in the whole second half.

Samson is hugely needed as an option.

How the hell did we lose that game...

I cant stand Burnley.

Really hard to pick out what went wrong.

Burnley just kept plugging away and caught our defence cold 3 times (4 if you include Martinez's great save). We seemed to be playing as if we had it won, and forgot to wrap it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

listermint wrote: »
    Match day.

Call it.

2 - 1 villa

What I miss ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Poorest half since Leeds game I think, never really got going. Just gave Burnley chances where they excel in. Midfield was too quiet during it, lack of energy when Burnley were getting on top, Sanson might hopefully remedy occurrences like that. Disappointing.

Second game in a row we didn't turn up for the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Absolutely sickening.

2 nil at half time would have been game over.

I used to be numb to losing, now I'm pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Esse85 wrote: »
    Davies is like a sick old dog that needs to be put down.
    He will not score and needs to be sent packing from the club.
    Don't think I've ever seen such a useless striker at the club and we've had some turkeys.

Poor comment. He had 5 minutes with a Burnley packed defence. Had two very poor touches and one lovely touch to lay off to Grealish.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Poorest half since Leeds game I think, never really got going. Midfield was too quiet during it, lack of energy when Burnley were getting on top, Sanson might hopefully remedy occurrences like that. Disappointing.

All because we let them back in with our crap defending for their opening goal. They were dead in the water up to that point.

I might be harsh on Mings, but he gave away that corner by being outfought.

Sickening loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Need to be more clinical but Pope won them that game. Don’t know if we were overconfident, complacent or what but we do need to learn from it.

Patser wrote: »
    Really hard to pick out what went wrong.

Burnley just kept plugging away and caught our defence cold 3 times (4 if you include Martinez's great save). We seemed to be playing as if we had it won, and forgot to wrap it up

Quiet simple.
    We didn't turn up in the second half, particularly the midfield.
    Burnley went ultra direct and got bodies up the pitch to support their forwards and pen us back.

They scored a flukey goal and a brilliantly timed header.

JPA wrote: »
    Absolutely sickening.

2 nil at half time works have been game over.

I used to be numb to losing, now I'm pissed off.

Same. As the saying goes it’s the hope that kills you!

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Poor comment. He had 5 minutes with a Burnley packed defence. Had two very poor touches and one lovely touch to lay off to Grealish.

He's had about 50 games now. How many more do you want to give him?

CucaFace wrote: »
    Barkely and McGinn nowhere to be seen in the whole second half.

Samson is hugely needed as an option.

How the hell did we lose that game...

I cant stand Burnley.

Wood and Mee scoring as well. They'll probably buy Giroud next.

In all seriousness though, the game at Turf Moor turned last season for the worse due to injury. I hope it's not another turning point for our European challenge this year.

I wonder were we just gassed after the covid cases coupled with 3 games in 7 days without a game for 2 weeks.

McGinn was really poor tonight. Barely a forward pass from him all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

It’s a sickener alright but we are still very much a work in progress and doing better than expected I’m trying to keep it in perspective and won’t be too critical

He's had about 50 games now. How many more do you want to give him?

I more meant that comment about needing to be put down like an old dog. No need for it. I get the argument from people not rating him. A loan move where he starts 15 games will prove if he has what it takes to be a premier league striker.

• Advertisement

LeBash wrote: »
    I wonder were we just gassed after the covid cases coupled with 3 games in 7 days without a game for 2 weeks.

McGinn was really poor tonight. Barely a forward pass from him all game.

The Newcastle game couldn't of been easier, we barely had to leave second gear. I think there's a bit of arrogance in the side when we go 1 & 2 up, I see players being more careless and wasteful.

McGinn was missing, when he got on the ball in the second half his passing was really bad.

I more meant that comment about needing to be put down like an old dog. No need for it. I get the argument from people not rating him. A loan move where he starts 15 games will prove if he has what it takes to be a premier league striker.

Oh give over and don't be so sensitive. I can assure you he doesn't come on here to read the comments and with the £45k weekly he earns, there's no fear of him, he won't be worrying about you or I.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭chases0102

Wow, that is a tough one to take, reminds me of West Ham game (but without the dubious decisions)

Second half we were very flat. That could be the type of result that would force Grealish to have a think about his future. I'm a big fan of Watkins, but he doesn't have the killer instinct to do it all on his own. That game should have been over by half time.

Barkley too inconsistent as well.

Yes, bigger picture we are still going well, but we create so many chances in games that we are not finishing.

Oh give over and don't be so sensitive. I can assure you he doesn't come on here to read the comments and with the £45k weekly he earns, there's no fear of him, he won't be worrying about you or I.

Ah I just hate reading stuff like that from fans, real football Twitter stuff. Anyway forget about it, enough actual stuff to be annoyed about from the Match.

The Newcastle game couldn't of been easier, we barely had to leave second gear. I think there's a bit of arrogance in the side when we go 1 & 2 up, I see players being more careless and wasteful.

McGinn was missing, when he got on the ball in the second half his passing was really bad.

McGinn has a habit of doing this in games. You can have a great 50 mins from him and then he just completely disappears.

I just hope now Smith has options on the bench, he will actually learn to alter things during games earlier.

I think if many of the other top teams had gone 2 1 up against this Burnley side away with 70 mins gone, they would have sat a little deeper immediately and not left huge spaces in behind for Burnley to play into with long balls which is what caused us to lose this game.

We were naive tonight.

Ah I just hate reading stuff like that from fans, real football Twitter stuff. Anyway forget about it, enough actual stuff to be annoyed about from the Match.

Heat of the moment stuff after a defeat.

It's an annoying defeat, based on the first half we were really impressive, then became sloppy and looked wrecked from 60 mins and it was frustrating not to see subs, couple with a freak goal and a brilliant header.

I wonder is the zonal marking killing us, seems to be lots of goals conceded from corners, even tonight if we had a man on the post we'd of cleared the Ben Mee goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think most of what needs to be said has already been said. Really poor 2nd half, McGinn and Barkley the main culprits.

Very poor defensively for both goals. Need to switch it back on ahead of 3 tricky games.

Heat of the moment stuff after a defeat.

It's an annoying defeat, based on the first half we were really impressive, then became sloppy and looked wrecked from 60 mins and it was frustrating not to see subs, couple with a freak goal and a brilliant header.

I wonder is the zonal marking killing us, seems to be lots of goals conceded from corners, even tonight if we had a man on the post we'd of cleared the Ben Mee goal.

It seems like the ‘blockers’ didn’t do their jobs from the looks of it. Both centre halves had a free run at the ball. Douglas Luiz particularly guilty tonight

It seems like the ‘blockers’ didn’t do their jobs from the looks of it. Both centre halves had a free run at the ball. Douglas Luiz particularly guilty tonight

Thought it was Barkley, but would need to see it again.
    Ben Mee is a big strong guy, Luiz will struggle to block a guy like that.

Against Southampton, McGinn was the blocker for the defender who's about 6"6, can't think of his name, that's never gonna work, it's men vs boys, I'd rather see McGinn/Luiz defend the posts and let the better headers of the ball go attack it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

We played like brazil in the first half..we forgot the simple basics in the second..traore and barkley should have been subbed at half time as both were gassed
    Nick pope kept them in it and we let them bully us in second half..also cash and martinez worst game for us.

Hourihane scored in their 1-1 draw this evening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement