Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Champions League Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Should have been a goal there, fell to the wrong man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Konsa has to be scoring there, 5 yards out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

So close again....

Watkins should have shot earlier instead of trying to lay off to Traore.

Playing well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jaysus Konsa hits the same spot on the crossbar Watkins did!

very open game though, chances are coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Could be 2 or 3 here, playing superbly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Could be 2 or 3 here, playing superbly

Well you know what's coming next now :(

Really wish Trez would stay on his feet more when attacking and defending. He goes to ground way too often in both directions.

Watkins is so technically poor at times.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Watkins is so technically poor at times.

It seems to be a trait for a good few of our players. We throw away so many good opportunities with a poor pass or mis-controlling the ball.

Panrich wrote: »
    It seems to be a trait for a good few of our players. We throw away so many good opportunities with a poor pass or mis-controlling the ball.

He just doesn't look a natural baller. His attitude and work-rate are world class but his technical ability is average.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Can we make the goals bigger?

Wolves have shocking so far.

This half is like the second half of the Sheff Utd game. Final ball and failure to put the ball in the net costing us.

McGinn taking far too many touches when 1 or 2 touches will to.

Really slows down our attacks at times.

We're battering them so far. Unfortunately we're inflicting 'blunt force trauma'. Looks like a continuation of the Sheffield United game.

For me it seems a lot of games recently are playing out like friendlies, seems to be a real lack of intensity.

I think these are here for the taking most definitely.

We started well but now as the commentary have said...we're only huffing and puffing now.

Flinging aimless crosses into the box on top of three CBs two games on a row!

It bring Ramsey in wide left for Trez. He might give us a little more guile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is like the Sheff United game again in that it feels like we could play for hours outside their box without scoring.

Zero quality from our attacking players.

Gotta assume Wolves will be better in the 2nd half as they have been poor in the 1st and I don't think they even had a shot.

That said if they aren't any better in the 2nd half I wouldn't mind seeing Barkley come on. As is things will stay the same in the hope that we get another chance like Konsa's except this time its finished off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I feel like the 3 in midfield are too samey. Bit of a disconnect between the midfield and attack.

Nobody running forward centrally, Sanson and McGinn keep going wide.
    The answer (on paper) is a player like Barkley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

What just happened with Barkley - Smith said something to him on sideline before 2nd half kick off, and BArkley went back to dressing room looking confused

I'd be getting Sanson off soon, looks like he's not far off a second yellow due to tiredness.

Bloody hell he's going to wait till Wolves catch us for a goal before he makes a change again.

It's so frustrating.

It's not working Dean!

Our Traore very poor tonight.

Miss of the season.

Haunted. What a miss

• Advertisement

Great clearance.

MISS OF THE SEASON!!!

We somehom survive Martinez letting ball squeeze through to Wolves player on goal line who puts it straight up in air somehow..... think its in orbit now

Barkley needs to put on a real performance here, I've been impressed by Sanson, very tidy footballer.

Too many headless chickens in this villa line up.

The lack of attacking quality is frightening, thankfully we have a solid defence.

Whar's going on. I missed 1st half but by all accounts we were great, and only denied by crossbar twice. Since I've been watching Wolves should have had 2

• Advertisement

Sanson foot on ice.

Wolves well on top now

Patser wrote: »
    Whar's going on. I missed 1st half but by all accounts we were great, and only denied by crossbar twice. Since I've been watching Wolves should have had 2

Villa the better side in the first half, probably should have scored through Konsa. Didn't take advantage of set pieces either.

Wolves come out a lot better here and Villa seem to have run out of ideas which is not unprecedented.

This is dreadful, only one team look like scoring now.
    Stuck in the mud Barkley so slow.

Davis coming on....

Trez is starting remind me of Poor Old Gill in the Simpsons - always has that look of disappointed desperation. Like 'I really need this'

Davis coming on....

He can't be any worse than whoever comes off.

Can we take Barkley back off please?

What a save. Almost a brilliant assist for Barkley..... pity it was an awful backpass and a great save by Martinez

Michael Cena just came on for Wolves

Scott Pilgim vs the Villa

• Advertisement

rebelomar wrote: »
    Can we take Barkley back off please?

not exactly grabbing his opportunity so far

Stuck a tenner on the Davis wincast because I hate money.

Grealish watching Netflix in stand

Yawn, absolute garbage these days.

Coming away from this with a few injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Coming away from this with a few injuries.

Hopefully just knocks. Although Traore looked dodgy.

I have to say that Dean Smith is certainly in a lot of credit for the job he has done but he cannot make good in game decisions....certainly not to change a game.

Bringing in Davis when we need a goal and pushing our top scorer wide! Why?

How is Barkley being still being used?

Elmo is awful and so is Trez. These two need to be moved on in the summer.

Our play is dreadful. No creativity. What has happened? Personally I think we have never really tweaked our formation or plan. It worked well earlier in the season but teams have analysed us now.

They know our midfield is poor and by pressing us we will have to go long. It took Wolves 45 mins to suss it.

Any chances we create now come from set pieces or a ball breaking in the box. There's no creativity or guile.

It's a dreadful watch the last 7 or 8 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Draw was probably a fair result but we need to be more clinical in attack when we are on top.

Barkley poor when he came on and Davis did nothing.

40 points - still nice after last seasons nerve killer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

rebelomar wrote: »

Elmo is awful and so is Trez. These two need to be moved on in the summer.

Not denying that we need to replace elmo in the summer but I thought he was good today. Did what you needed from him and kept Traore quiet by not giving him the chance to run at him

Advertisement