Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Champions League Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

kilburn wrote: »
    I left the room for 5 minutes at 0-1 and came back to see 2-1

You mean 3-1 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭Patser

kilburn wrote: »
    I left the room for 5 minutes at 0-1 and came back to see 2-1

Leave more!! You can join Artane in the jacks

Imagine Barkley couldn't even come on as a sub, he'd of had two weeks training with the club while many were away with their country.

He mustn't be arsed even in training.

7 points off UEFA spot, 9 off Champions League with a game in hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Missed the game but good to win. Is that our first win coming back from behind?

• Advertisement

Are we all happy again?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Patser wrote: »
    Are we all happy again?

Never.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

First win from a losing position all season. I was resigned to losing that one.

Davis is a beast at times, does he have a career at Villa?

Patser wrote: »
    7 points off UEFA spot, 9 off Champions League with a game in hand

7 off CL spot with game in hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Panrich

Well that was like someone turned a switch on. El Ghazi has done his future prospects no good but Trez will always seem to find a way to confound his critics. Great play by Davis too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Three points stolen. Zero ****s given. Get the **** in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭basillarkin

JPA wrote: »
    First win from a losing position all season. I was resigned to losing that one.

Davis is a beast at times, does he have a career at Villa?

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Credit where it's due for the changes.

It changed our shape and we started getting a lot of players forward all of a sudden.

Looking back in the goals we had 3 or 4 in the box for each which hasn't happened for weeks and weeks.

We know our squad is still light and the complaints we had for the last few games are still valid imo.

Great comeback and turnaround though. Well done to all involved.

CSF wrote: »
    Three points stolen. Zero ****s given. Get the **** in.

Nah. Not like Fulham were great there. You can't say it was stolen when you score 3 goals.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Imagine Barkley couldn't even come on as a sub, he'd of had two weeks training with the club while many were away with their country.

He mustn't be arsed even in training.

Ya, Smith has given up on him it looks like.

Nah. Not like Fulham were great there. You can't say it was stolen when you score 3 goals.

We were truly horrendously awful for 78 minutes. You are always lucky when you can turn it on for 12 minutes and get a return like that from it.

CSF wrote: »
    We were truly horrendously awful for 78 minutes. You are always lucky when you can turn it on for 12 minutes and get a return like that from it.

Yes but Fulham were fairly rubbish as well.

What do lads make of Ramsey?

He's really impressing me in his sub appearances. I like his energy, positivity and confidence.

His younger brother seems a prospect too. As do a few of our u23s. Kaine Kesler will be our back up right back I think. Very attack minded. Scoring goals recently.

Yes but Fulham were fairly rubbish as well.

I thought they were what they are a lot of the time. A pretty decent side with no cutting edge. But once Mings handed them their goal on a plate, I really felt they’d see out a huge win in their season.

Up stepped Keinan and Trez :)

rebelomar wrote: »
    What do lads make of Ramsey?

He's really impressing me in his sub appearances. I like his energy, positivity and confidence.

His younger brother seems a prospect too. As do a few of our u23s. Kaine Kesler will be our back up right back I think. Very attack minded. Scoring goals recently.

He’s been really either way, which is what you’d expect from a lad of his age, but I’ve seen more than enough from the games when he is on it, to suggest he has a future at the club once he develops that bit of consistency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Interesting that souness thinks some players are already on holidays , surely there is a realistic goal to get 7th place and euro nights at villa park?
    I just think we are poor without jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Trez gets in good positions, I'll give him that definitely. After that awful header earlier (Traore should have had 2 assists) couldn't see him scoring two goals but fair play. Still not really a fan of his but there ya go. Hopefully perks the team up for the rest of the season now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Forking hell Grealish now being reported as out until may!

Forking hell Grealish now being reported as out until may!

It's like bloody lockdown, the date just keeps getting pushed back without being told what's actually happening.

Ronan Glynn is part of our medical team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭LeBash

It's like bloody lockdown, the date just keeps getting pushed back without being told what's actually happening.

Why would we say anything? Isn't it better teams are preparing for Grealish being on the pitch, maybe playing a more defensive team and then finding out he's not playing when they get the team sheet.

rebelomar wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder about the competency of our medical team at this stage

It's alarming how we don't seem to get a player back on time from injury anymore.

Of course it's hard to know exactly what the nature of the injuries are given how evasive Smith can be in his briefings. I wouldn't blame him either for doing so but as a fan it's hugely frustrating.

However, Barkley, Cash and Grealish were all out for far longer than originally reported.

Wesley's comeback has been delayed far beyond what you might expect for his injury. People return in well under 12 months now from that, He's probably not going to start a senior game for 18 months at this rate.

I personally don't think that you can keep these injuries and team selections under wraps either these days. Professional Football is a small community and there are always players talking and journos with club sources etc.

Personally I think it's not worth being so coy about these things. It leads to frustration amongst the fans, rumours and online speculation which can be harmful long term if results aren't good.

Some of the rumours on Twitter about Jack's absence since this started aren't nice for him or his family I would imagine.

LeBash wrote: »
    Why would we say anything? Isn't it better teams are preparing for Grealish being on the pitch, maybe playing a more defensive team and then finding out he's not playing when they get the team sheet.

How's that tactic been working out?

How's that tactic been working out?

Most of it has just been that our lads haven’t played well though,

• Advertisement

While the injuries are frustrating, tbf with the Grealish one it did look like he was certainly going to play against Fulham but suffered the setback in training.

Sanson may be out today, didn't feature in any of the training ground videos. Will be interesting to see if Liverpool rest players today.

Shocked liverpool played full team , but i suppose 4th is best hope for season now

Having to work, please keep me informed with general, Villa biased updates

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Mings makes far too many mistakes that cost goals. Should have been another there.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Smurts

Mings 🀦

• Advertisement

Mings makes far too many mistakes that cost goals. Should have been another there.

Southgate is a mug if he includes him for the euro squad.

Getting battered 0 all

Liverpool have far more energy, you'd think it was villa who played a tough game midweek.

We look like we are in holiday mode

sc86 wrote: »

Traore's lack of work rate is horrible to witness.

• Advertisement

And Watkins scores, lovely ball from McGinn.

Grand holiday!

Totally again the run of play , great to get it!

Grand holiday!

We've been extremely lucky this half.

It's been another poor performance with lots of individual errors and lack of effort.

Blessed there.

A gee hair is the technical term. They need to change the rules.

Great to get a bit of luck for a change

Great to get a bit of luck for a change

There's no luck there, its the rule.

I'd be monumentally pissed if that was against us.

Very lucky to be leading but delighted. Wayward passing and control all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

We've been on the other side of those decisions but got lucky there.

I don't get why it wouldn't have been offside if cash hit the ball. Only reason tried to touch the ball is because the pool player who was ruled as offside was there

• Advertisement
Advertisement