Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Champions League Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭LeBash

Don't see that line up myself.

I'd say there will be some shop window stuff. Chambers, Archer, Bertie, Dendonker (if he's fit yet) maybe even Aaron Ramsey if he's not gone getting some game time with a couple at least starting.

McGinn will play for the feel goods. Could even see 1 under 23 start. I think he will start Olsen in 1 of the 2 legs as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Im talking hospitality packages etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think it’ll be at least 5 or 6 from the team that played Sunday. Rotation is gonna be a thing now, but I don’t think we’re gonna see a real B team out there. Think the likes of Tielemans, Carlos, Duran will come in but not a tonne of changes either.

Ramsey is gone. Undisclosed fee so far. Suppose some details will spill out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm not sure sure there will be that many changes. This is a big night, our first european night for a long time. I can see Unai wanting to play it safe and ensure qualification for the group stages before rotating. I can see some changes for sure, but not 5 or 6. I'm imagining Carlos in for Konsa, and Tielemans in for someone (Bailey?).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

There were actually some links to him at the start of the summer but (that was probably because of his dad and I don't think we were actually after him) before he signed for Salzburg.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'd say drop the companies that do those sorts of things a note and see if they can organise something. I reckon though that they would buy up a certain number from these clubs are the start of the year to sell on, whereas at Villa you could just buy direct from the club.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Probably my favorite Villa player of all time, but unless the young lad grows a beard, not interested.

Apparently you can order an extra meet and greet package with Leon Bailey

• Advertisement

In real terms though, as much as I can’t stand Leon Bailey. There’s absolutely no way he had his best game for Villa ever and then decided to push someone over for asking for a photo with his kid.

Surely the people printing this nonsense, have to realise that that’s got to be about 25% of the story at absolute best.

18.5m buy back clause inserted. I’d say he is a good buy for them but there is a good chance he will be getting relegated this season now.

Is the buy back £18.5 as well as the fee?

I would doubt it. Based on absolutely nothing I’d say it is around 25m or a little higher.

I hope we are still in the market for an attacker now that this deal has been done. If Watkins got injured we would only have Duran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

I can understand the logic of selling of these young players to help with the FFP, but i struggle to see see how we will have enough of a sqaud to be able to manage both the PL and European games this season without them as i feel they all had the level to play in the Conference league and allow Emery to rest players for the PL.

You would think Sheff United might have been scared off that move by how the Brewster worked out for them.

Archer has 67 minutes total PL football and rarely gets off our bench.

Archer 18.5

Davis 2

Jaden Philogene  5

Ramsey 14

Thats about 40m of pure FFP profit there. Hopefully they make use of some of that to bring in an attacker before the deadline. Even though the LB situation is bound to be addressed first.

Also Alish Lehmann has signed a new contract :D

We are getting great money for these young bucks , great to see the club run so well now.

Top dollar for unproven premier league level kids

That'll keep Luiz happy.

She's the most followed female footballer on Insta, which kind of shows how long we still have to go as a society.

Fee for Archer seems ok. He has been good in the Champ, but Emery must not rate him enough to want to keep him. He is 21 after all.

Fee for Ramsey seem quite good. He hasn't played a single minute of PL football (I don't think). He also isn't a kids anymore, he's 20 now. If he was good enough he would also be getting more time.

Philogene fee seems really low to me?! He seemed good in pre-season and with our injuries building up now he likely would have seen some decent minute. I believe this one was pushed by him, wanting more playing time. Can't argue with that to be fair. Just think the fee was now.

Davis: farewell sweet prince!

• Advertisement

Team is out. Basically full strength. Carlos in for Cash is the only change. Konsa at RB.

Yep full strength

Expected it to be strong but Emery really showing he means business here and wants this done in the first leg imo. Hopefully it is going well enough and players can be subbed / rested in the 2nd half. Surprised Tielemans especially (and to a lesser extent Duran) didn't get a start here.

I'd rather see this to be honest, given the slip up against stevenage last season. Take a 3-0 lead back to Villa park then we can rest players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭pavb2

Good start Ollie Watkins, Digne’s played well Sunday and so far today.

Hibs have had plenty of chances

We are struggling with the Hibs press

2-0 Watkins again.

My heart was in my mouth when i saw Konsa going down. Looks ok now.

3 now

Digne with 2 assists right out of top drawer

Yeah Digne getting a lot of space just like Sunday.

• Advertisement

Digne and Bailey looking like Roberto Carlos and Ronaldinho for 4 days only.

Martinez off, Olsen on. Martinez with a knock apparently. Hopefully only precautionary.

3rd assist for digne and hat trick for ollie

Time to unload the bench. Lets get Duran on there and get him some minutes.

11 changes from the Burnley lineup now please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Can’t ask for much more than that. Return leg is a dead rubber. We’re back in Europe folks 🥳

• Advertisement

Acuna deal looks off. He picked up a muscle injury and is out for a few weeks. Talk of moving for Tavares from Arsenal who is on loan in France somewhere with a recall option or Marcos Alonso(ex-Chelsea) who Barca want off the wage bill (102k per week is the word).

Emery must really not like Digne who's been pretty good the last 2 games.

I find all the links to LBs a bit weird. We have a very good LB (Moreno), with a Digne as a very capable back up. Without going through all the squads forensically, I'd doubt there are many better back up LBs in the league. Tierney, maybe.

Meanwhile, over at RB, we have Cash who isn't good enough, and zero back up. Yet there are no links!

I guess the whole LB myst be mainly down to Digne's wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭pavb2

Tend to agree I’d let Traore, Coutinho, Davies, Dendoncker and Chambers go before Digne.

I think the Digne problem is more that he’s our highest earner and not a starter. I don’t think the problem is he’s not a worthy squad player.

Look at the players you named. They're not going to attract big interest with lack of talent,wages or a combination of both.

There was a good tifo video recently about the PL wage trap. Everyone wants to go to the PL for the money at the moment but PL teams can't offload them when they flop. They did another one that showed more than 1 in 2 transfers are a failure, so that's going to leave every team with lots of deadwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Talk of Coutinho to Qatar again tonight. Squad starting to look thin in attacking areas now. Surely they won't let so many go without others coming in...right?

Yep despite his injury it looks like they are pushing ahead with it. Think I read the Saudi window closes 20days after the English one perhaps the Qatari one does too. Either way combined with Archer etc leaving I hope we bring in another forward before the window shuts and not just a LB to replace Digne / compete with Moreno.

I think if we can get anything at all for Coutinho it would be good business. I know the squad is thin, but he seems to be permanently injured and it just hasnt worked out.

3 at the back today

No Martinez, hopefully Olsen can step up.

Burnley are wearing out shirt from last season.

Jeez the defensive cover on the bench is terrible. Chambers is the only one.

Cash scores on his 100th appearance. Their keeper caught in no man's land. Great ball by McGinn and Watkins gets away with a bad first touch.

Lovely. This is perfect away from home. We can sit deeper and not expose Olsen. And hit them on the counter if we get a chance.

Double Cash. Playing really well but Burnley not pressing which is letting Villa do what they want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement