Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Champions League Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So many ropey attacking performances

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

And defensive ones as well. Cash gets killed by pace every time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

very disappointing but somehow not completely unexpected.

We are not the finished product, we are still a work in progress. Things are different away from home and although that was a poor attacking performance you also have to give Forest credit as that was probably their best performance of the season, particularly in defense where they kept the likes of Diaby and Watkins very quiet despite Villa having so much of the ball.

I think there is a better player in there but Zaniolo continues to disappoint. He is supposed to be the type of play to create something special and break down a defense on a day like today but he hasn't been that player since joining (0 goals or assists in 14 games now i think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don’t think it was even a bad performance as a team unit. Villa had the better of everything in the game, but when individuals were called upon in consequential moments throughout the game, they were found lacking. So many moments in the game where if a Villa player doesn’t sh*t themselves in a key moment, we’re not talking about Forest as a resolute defensive display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Disappointing. To be fair to Forest they were excellent defensively. They seemed to always have 2 men on whatever player of ours had the ball. Niakhate had the better of Watkins all game. There are always going to be games like this. The important thing is that we bounce back next week against Fulham (and I guess AZ midweek).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Agree with others Forest were solid defensively we couldn’t get Diaby or Ollie into the game, I’ve never seen Digne get the ball so much and so little coming of it, we couldn’t make our corners count and really needed to score 1st half. Bailey and Tielemans came on but couldn’t influence the game.

Hopefully a lesson learnt in trying to break teams down but anyway onto the next double header at least we’re at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

At least liverpool had a slip up. Forest were well drilled in fairness.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I think that result was coming. Forest we were well set up and well drilled. They hit us on the break and at the same time we struggled to break them down. We're not quite top 4 yet.

I think Christian Romero was sent off for a dangerous tackle, so he will be out for the game against us in a couple of weeks.

Also a good chance his CB partner Van de Ven might be out injured too. Would be big if both of them were out.

I'd expect Madison to be fit for them from what I have read but Richarlison has had surgery so their squad is pretty thin atm

• Advertisement

Emery out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lol

That seemed to do the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

We were Slick as hell in the last 15 mins of that game. Great to see us not in a panic, hoofing the ball away as they were pressing hard.

We always seem to play at the same tempo we don’t seem to go up a gear which is probably Emery’s intent. I think last Sunday and tonight we missed the energy and drive of Ramsey and Buendia’s energy and passing ability particularly through the middle.

Anyway tonight was all about the three points.

Dougies assist, *chefs kiss*

Lovely Jublee

1-0

good assist from Tielemans

all the possesion again but thankfully this time we get the breakthrough and fulham have to come at us now and maybe we can get a few more for another good home win

Good goal from McGinn to make it 2

Him and his big ball shielding arse has been driving Fulham mad in this first half

Great goal by McGinn!

Thought he could have gone himself earlier, but he slipped in Diaby. Delighted he got this one though! Great time to score!

• Advertisement

Bailey with an instant impact again to setup Watkins for 3-0 but McGinn at the center of the move again. He's been great today

City will probably change this when they play but as is, Villa have scored more goals than any other team in the league (29 goals for in 12 games) this season and have gotten at least 3 in each home game.

...but once again no clean sheet.

Jiminez beats the high line

Astonishing miss from Watkins there.

Another home win and we go into the international break 2 points off 2nd and 4pts ahead of United in 6th.

Tielemans becoming more important in recent weeks

Bailey looking a better option off the bench

speaking of the bench, good to see Zaniolo benched

McGinn the MOTM for me

Still areas that can be improved but we can definitely be positive about Villa right now

McGinn was brilliant today. Tielemans started well but went very quiet in the second half. He deserved his start over Zaniolo.

Great to get the win going into the break. Brighton, Newcastle and Spurs all dropping points too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

And City

3 points off top, 4 point ahead of Man U in 6th and without 4 first team players from last year.

I am genuinely really excited about the next few games. Some tough games, but will give a real indication of where we are in comparison to the big boys.

Couldn't care less about the English national team and despite him having played for us I'm not a fan of Southgate but pleased for Konsa getting called up. He has been great and ever present for us.

• Advertisement

I'm also happy for him on a personal level. I'm just always terrified that someone will do their cruciate while on international duty.

He just put 10-20 million on his price tag if he gets a few caps in a row and into the Euros squad.

Some nice coverage on Tifo IRL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN6p5RTlZNA

Saw that last night. Makes a great point on how well we are doing without the whole left side of the team and 4 injuries. The negative about the away form was a bit over the top, we lost to Newcastle, Liverpool away which is probably semi expected. Poor showing in both in fairness.

Yeah the Newcastle game looked bad on paper. But Mings did his cruciate after half an hour, and Buendia did his a few days before that, and that probably threw everyone off. Liverpool as you say, to be expected as they are very good team! For me the bad one was Forest. But we just had an off day, while they nailed it, and the game just went their way. These things happen, and even the top team don't win every single game. I think the fact that the Forest game was recent skews it in peoples opinion. I think the next game will be a good test!

Post edited by OneColdHand on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Hi lads

Looking to get tickets to go to home game again arsenal in two weeks.

I understand demand will be high and will have to pay over the odds but a evening game under lights at villa park is worth it.

Wheres best to look , dont mind buying hospitality package if i have to , be only xmas present i get bar socks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Have you Claret membership?

No sir

Claret Club membership is £40 you might just have to set up an account to get a fan I.d. if you haven’t already, there are still tickets available for Arsenal you should pick one up for £60 ish.

https://membership.avfc.co.uk/store

Fantastic great stuff cheers

• Advertisement

If you're bringing someone they'll need a fan id/claret membership as well. You can only buy one ticket per ID unfortunately.

Does this include kids? Thinking on getting the wee man over for a game.

Not sure but if you're stuck give me a PM. You can add friends IDs to your own account when buying tickets.

Junior fans 12 - 17 also need to buy membership £20 then when you buy tickets you allocate their own fan ID to the ticket. All tickets are then sent to the purchaser’s email address and can be added to Apple Wallet or Google or you can print them off.

Not sure how many home tickets go on general sale but with the coming closure of the North Stand for redevelopment capacity 8k I think then tickets will become even more sought after.

As ground capacity will be reduced I imagine with The Claret Club even if you’re a member there’ll be no guarantee of tickets and they’ll start prioritising tickets based on home games attended.

Post edited by pavb2 on

You can buy tickets for 140stg each here , looks best option

https://tickets.avfc.co.uk/en-GB/hospitality/aston%20villa%20v%20arsenal%20-%20premium%20experiences/2023-12-9_17.30/villa%20park/the%20lower%20grounds

Bought 3 just now , didnt have to buy membership just if anybody interested.

Some hospitality package were near 1k so good value

Only drawback is we are up in the clouds on Trinity Road Stand Upper row x !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Just looking at the ticketing rules and it says for Claret Club tickets you need to have attended at least 1 home match since 16/17. Do you reckon if you buy the hospitality package that would count towards your attendance for future matches?

If not, I’m looking at seatpick.com just not sure how legit it is.

if you buy via the club website i would struggle to see why it wouldnt?

It looks like that criteria is for the Arsenal game but the Man City game doesn’t have the same restrictions. Technically you could join the Claret club, buy a Man City ticket which then makes you eligible for an Arsenal ticket but a bit long winded.

i would say the hospitality package will count as after all it will be applied to your Fan ID and history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Got away twice there in 60 seconds

Advertisement