Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Champions League Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

2-1. Moreno. Away fans denied access as apparently there was some trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That'll do. Nice form going into next game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Strange team selection today.

I really hate seeing Konsa playing at RB.

He is our best CB and he isnt great at RB so it weakens 2 positions doing this..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Odd he would be there given that Cash is not in midfield (Zaniolo taking that spot). At least Watkins and Martinez who had been listed as doubts are starting.

Can definitely see the likes of Cash, Diaby, Moreno and Ramsey coming on in the second half

Yes we def have a strong bench to use. I just hope its not being used with us chasing the game.

I think we are far weaker with Carlos playing at CB.

And Zaniola really has done nothing to warrant a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Our first team is stronger with Ramsey and Moreno but I think given their injuries it’s the right thing to manage their game time and its still very early days in how we work our squad rotation. We just need an injury free, boring win today.

I wonder if Unai is expecting us to have more of the ball in this game and therefore is playing more ball playing CBs and has not replaced Kamara with as defensive a player / isn't playing Cash in midfield (but still feels Konsa has been so good for us he needs to start).

I agree on Zaniolo but he did not start vs Legia or even get off the bench vs Spurs or vs Fulham so his poor play has been noted but now maybe he is being given a chance at redemption in the hope he will play like he has something to prove.

Not the team I would have picked but I trust Unai knows better than me and we can get a win here.

Another non clean sheet...That was poor, Carlos will deservedly get a lot of stick for that.

Had looked like we would get chances before that but now behind

i know he’s been injured but Carlos isn’t the player we thought he’d be Cash, Konsa, Torres and Moreno is our best back 4

• Advertisement

Bailey has been much improved this season. Still would not be a starter for me but very happy to see him putting that ball in the net...get in!

Agree on Carlos...maybe he just will never be the pre-injury player again, who knows people are saying Van Djyk is only back to his best now after the one he had

Well this game changed fast and wouldn't you know it...Carlos makes the difference ha!

Or not

Varred!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

This isn't going to end 1-1 I feel.

Semenyo causing havoc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ref needs sacking for randomly deciding to not do his job because it felt uncomfortable for him. How can it be defended?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Semeneya is looking like peak Ronaldo here. Our right hand side is getting battered.

Great tackle by Konsa

• Advertisement

How is he not off again there? This is one of the biggest refereeing injustices you will ever see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Zaniolo needs to get the curly finger at half time. McGinn has been poor as well.

Villa missing Kamara. Bournemouth are getting a lot of joy in behind Konsa. You could argue it's cos he isn't a RB and we have Cash on the bench (obviously having a proper RB and Konsa central would help cos Konsa isn't doing badly, made 1 goal saving tackle for sure) but Kamara usually drops back as an extra CB out of possesion and thats not something his replacement (Tieleman's I guess) is going to do.

There are going to be more chances in this game. Luiz for example probably felt sure he was going to score in time added on. Unfortunately that goes for both teams but the strength of our bench is definitely a plus as we head into the second half. 

Zaniolo will not finish this game, unless he starts the 2nd half on fire. Diaby's pace might be a difference maker against tiring players. Thankfully they may also have to hook Semenya given how he could be in danger of a red a la Cash last week.

Happy to see Ramsey on for Zaniolo. The right move and Unai being proactive with an early change again

Honestly I'm not sure we would have been much worse off if Zaniolo had been banned when there was talk of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

We look so tired / flat

Big worry with two big games to play this week after this

Lovely ball great header. Watkins 2-2

Don't think we deserve to win but how much stoppage time ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Great header by Watkins

Ooo that was a lovely header finish

2 points robbed by a ref who shouldn't officiate at this level again.

Pity Fulham fell apart or that point would have had us in 3rd

Obviously this would have been a game targeted for 3pts given our next 2 fixtures but a draw is all we deserved.

Man Utd, Brighton, most likely Spurs also dropping points this weekend but still it is disappointing.

Zaniolo won't be starting again for a while after failing to take his chance today. At least we will have Kamara back for the next two games and you never know they are at home but given our in ability to keep clean sheets atm im not going into these games expecting much. Hopefully we some rotation from our opponents

Rhodri and grealish suspended for wed nights game.

City shipping alot of goals at the minute.

Certainly with the City game it’s less of a foregone conclusion that we’re going to get soundly beaten so that’s progress.

Bailey and Tielemans seem to be making good progress which is just another layer to add to the improvements over the last year in Digne, Luiz, Konsa Kamara, McGinn etc.

not sure if mentioned but Middlesbrough away in the FA cup, thankfully we avoid Stevenage though they are still in the competition.

Sounds like Doku may be out aswell, although you never fully know if that’s just talk similar to the Watkins talk from the weekend

• Advertisement

I'd still have City down as heavy favorites, they've enough depth that they could probably be missing 22 players and still have a team strong enough.

They’re actually not that big on numbers even, but pretty much everyone in their squad is a top 10 level starter.

Arsenal with extra days rest before sat. Won tonight with goal 7 mins into extra time 4 - 3 again luton.

Big few days for villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Just watched some brief Arsenal highlights. Raya looked poor. Was weak for the corner for Luton's second goal, and he should have definitely saved Barkley's shot for their third.

Anyway, really looking forward to tomorrow. I still feel City will be too strong for us. But I really hope we can give them a good fight.

Another poor team selection again tonight by Emery.

Carlos is a liability at CB, Tielimans also i wouldn't start in a big game like this, and Konsa at RB instead of a proper full back in Cash in a mistake Emery has decided he wants to continue to make week after week now it seems.

I just don't understand the logic he is applying with his defensive team selections lately..

I thought Martin Tyler had retired. Sadly not.

Gutted we didnt nick one before half time. They seemed rattled. I'm sure Pep will sort them out at half time, but its been an entertaining first half.

Missed entire first half. Stats are bizarre though

• Advertisement

We are playing very well, there is no discernable gap in quality between the teams.

Mcginn has been great.

Stats are weird alright. City with 52% possession doesnt seem right.

Mad stats, villa had more shots in this half than city have had to deal with in the Premier league.

Jesus were all over them. Bailey flying it

We are battering them.

Bailey biggest bargain purchase ever

• Advertisement

Well well well well

I think when McGinn is lifting the trophy in May, this is the match we'll look back on and say "we believed".

15 mins let's go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Brilliant turn for that run.

Had to take the smart watch off, it reckons im playing in this march with my heart rate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement