Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Champions League Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Konsa off limping for England. Hopefully nothing that won’t be better in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Xander10

any word on the Watkins injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭Patser

New third kit released today.

Nice, but nothing about it says Villa. Looks like a French jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭pavb2

Yes there was another similar dark blue one a couple of seasons ago I think they should go for a sky blue colour with maybe claret trims. I thought the goalkeeper’s 3 rd kit was quite good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Bogarde starts at RB again.

Ollie and Konsa both starting which is big. Bailey out, but we should be beating them without him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

We need to be beating teams like Everton.

I like both but they have Ashley Young and Tim (I honestly think they got a great deal on him because of PSR) starting against us today… we really should be better than them… and especially at home proving why we are now a champions league side and they are once again fighting relegation.

For some reason I am expecting a big performance from Ramsey today and also think even though everyone has been raving about Rodgers that today again could be a big day for him. I'd hope that Ollie is itching to make a mark on the season but I could honestly see Duran again making an impact from the bench.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Bright start.

1 attack 1 goal, they have done nothing at all in this game and are leading. Need to step it up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭circadian

Well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Sloppy from Onana and that goal is out of nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not counted as offside , your man's in the box offsetting the keeper....

WTF is going on

So simple, really poor from a set-piece.

This is hard to take… Should not be losing this game but are 2 goals down.

Going to be a huge remainder of the game… don't forget Bournemouth were 2 down to them with only minutes left

Maybe he just needs a goal but be it confidence or Fitness Ollie just looks off whenever he has an opportunity.

85% possesion… 2 goals down

Hopefully that fixes that

Glad they got a goal back early. Loads of time left now

Ollie's Back!!!!

That was lovely from Onana and Digne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Get in. Hopefully opens the Ollie floodgates

• Advertisement

Thank fkc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Panrich

McGinn needs the curly finger now and get someone who can actually run (JPB) at pensioner Ashely Young.

Really missing Bailey as an attacking outlet on the right.

The bench need to make an impact but despite still being behind this game and a minimum of a point but potentially 3 points are still there for the taking.

Zero pace out wide.

How lucky is Ollie there… still 2 goals for him and loads of time for a winner

OMG Duran!

• Advertisement

Duran Duran !!!

Duran is special.

Ok….that is one the greatest Villa goals I've ever seen

That was insane.

Always said he shouldn't have been going at all.

He's a proven player last season, hungry and has talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭circadian

Sweet baby Jesus.

Starting to think this game is more an Everton Curse thing than a Villa win - just a season of heartbreak for them

It is getting very hard to deny that Duran is something special and deserves to be starting. I think he will against Young Boys but despite scoring 2 today (don't think he actually played great) Ollie has to be worried about his starting spot watching this lad develop. Only 20 still too!

Buendia's back!!!

Great to see Beundia back on and now that we are ahead we can use that sub to go back to the normal shape but with him in the no.10 role and Rodgers out wide

3pts, 3rd place and a Champions league game mid-week… I'll take that!

and what a FKN GOAL!

Oh my word. What a goal. So happy Ollie is off the mark too. He wasnt brilliant today, but this should give him the mental boost needed.

I thought Bogarde played well. Looked a lot more confident.

Midweek- don’t think Emery is going to make huge changes but some rotation will be needed with a game on the weekend again. I reckon Maatsen and Duran start - maybe Barkley gets a chance and Carlos or Ned might so as to avoid Bogarde having to play 3 games in 8 days. After that and you’d hope things are going well and we can make subs to rest players (Philogene, Buendia ideally) but based on last year it’ll be mostly our usual first 11.

I think Wycombe will be the game where we see big changes. The Young Boys game is really a must win,nso cant see us make too many changes. Maybe Maatsen or Duran as you say.

By my calculation, Haaland has a goal every 40mins so far this season. Duran has one every 35mins.

Post edited by OneColdHand on

• Advertisement

It’s layer upon layer with Emery isn’t it, I know it was Everton and they are struggling but Villa had such control over that game yesterday. Even at Half time 2 - 1 down I think most Villa fans could only see a win even if in the end the bar saved us.

And then to introduce Bogarde, Maatsen, Onana and Barkley who fitted into Emery’s system so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

any ideas of pubs in Dublin City for watching the game tomorrow eve? Murray’s normally does something for villa fans, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sono

Camden bar is a great spot for a game. Best in Dublin imo

The Leinster Lions used to meet there, I think they meet in the Woolshed now, so that's your best bet if you want to watch with fellow Villains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭waywill1966

Very sad to hear of Gary Shaws passing, great player in that Villa team that won the league in 81 and European Cup in 82!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭chases0102

Quiet here considering first CL game in 41 years today!

KO time is a pain mind you.

Expectation for a win here? YB seems to concede a lot (as do we at the moment though!)

I think non Villa fans and the media might be talking about this as an easy win but I don't think it will be easy… That said I think the lads won't take the occasion lightly and as mentioned before Emery probably won't rotate much. Would not be surprised to see Duran on the score sheet again too. I get the impression he is on a mission to if not oust Ollie at the very least (happily) force Emery into giving him game time.

Same starting 11. Bailey on the bench.

Back in the big time!!

• Advertisement

Quite poignant watching our European victory on TNT showing old and recent 82 Gary Shaw cllips.

On another note they interviewed Ron Saunders after he had just left Villa. They asked him if there would be a reconciliation he said “why have they sacked the board”.

Anyway onto tonight a great achievement and opportunity in our history. I don’t think we’ll lose tonight

Advertisement