Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Champions League Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

LeBash wrote: »
    Would they have cup tied him if he was going on loan?

If it’s a loan to Rotherham it doesn’t matter, Salford already knocked them out of the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Rumour is Davis has signed 3 year contract extension and will head to Rotherham on loan. Delighted he got a goal tonight, it will give him a big boost before what could be a make or break season. There’s a top premier league footballer in there if he gets into a goal scoring groove.

I dont see it tbh, a lower league player like stefan moore, Delfouneso,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭LeBash

Grealish needs to take a weeks media course. The mouth is going long before the head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I dont see it tbh, a lower league player like stefan moore, Delfouneso,

You’re not alone. He really does split the fan base.

Grealish needs to take a weeks media course. The mouth is going long before the head

He doesn’t say anything controversial, he just talks in a more relaxed, honest and less media coached style. You’re just not used to hearing footballers talk relatively normally.

• Advertisement

Anyway, I’ve been far too positive tonight. Defensively we looked sloppy. Lansbury is a passenger and hopefully tonight was a casting call for a championship team to take on his wages. Likewise for Jota.

Ramsey & Watkins looked good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I loved the fact that he didn't just come out and be like 'awh never in doubt, I was always going to stay at my boyhood club'. Refreshingly honest and I actually believe that the club have sold their vision to him, which is something to be optimistic about for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

3-1 win with 8 out of the 11 probably not starting first league match. Ramsey could certainly challenge Lansbury for that CM backup spot, much more energy than him and quicker to move the ball.

Some talk this evening that the Rashica deal might be close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CSF wrote: »
    I loved the fact that he didn't just come out and be like 'awh never in doubt, I was always going to stay at my boyhood club'. Refreshingly honest and I actually believe that the club have sold their vision to him, which is something to be optimistic about for us.

Yes I thought that was very interesting that he straight up said he didn't know a week ago if he would be staying. Fans wouldn't have cared because he signed anyway but it was pretty honest to say and probably showed the weight of the owners ambitions to get him to sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

https://youtu.be/5zpfInTlybA

Jack mentions "ambition" of the club several times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Corholio wrote:
    Some talk this evening that the Rashica deal might be close.

Apparently he wants a release clause if a "big" club wants him Villa are saying no but seem to be softening - from Twitter & Villatalk sources

Seems Traore is a Lange signing while Rashica is one Smith wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Just watched the goals.

For Watkins goal, Grealish's pass to Taylor was so good even Taylor didn't see it!

Nice to get the win and happy that Watkins scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Panrich

kilburn wrote: »
    Apparently he wants a release clause if a "big" club wants him Villa are saying no but seem to be softening - from Twitter & Villatalk sources

Seems Traore is a Lange signing while Rashica is one Smith wants.

The more I read about Rashica dithering or wanting to join Leipzig and we are second prize, the less I want him. Now he just sees us as a shop window before he gets the move he really wants.
    I know that many players have release clauses but the mood music on this one is badly off key.

Panrich wrote: »
    The more I read about Rashica dithering or wanting to join Leipzig and we are second prize, the less I want him. Now he just sees us as a shop window before he gets the move he really wants.
    I know that many players have release clauses but the mood music on this one is badly off key.

I kind of agree with that but if Lange is worth his salt and Rashica is good, we make a profit when he goes, serves a purpose while he's there and we will have a better replacement lined up.

I'd see him as a means to get to where we want and place filler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Panrich wrote: »

Same as LeBash, I kind of agree but if he comes in and proves that he's worth getting a move to a champions league club and we make a profit then we've done well on the transfer.

I think it's great if lads come to villa and use it as a stepping stone to go on and play for a top 4 club.
    It shows their ambitious, motivated and determined to succeed. These are the types of players we want.

If they perform, we get a good player who's delivered on the pitch and who's resale value has clearly increased.

It's the opposite of that player I worry about when we sign, the likes of Samatta, Nakamba and El Gahzi who have already hit the jackpot just signing for a club like villa and will never kick on and push themselves to be better.

Douglas Luiz is a good example. If City activated the buyback clause tomorrow, I don’t think any of us would consider his signing a bad idea.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Luiz is good, but I don't think he's good enough for Man Blue to activate that clause.

Luiz is good, but I don't think he's good enough for Man Blue to activate that clause.

He's still only 22, if he continues to improve he could be up there. When he came on yesterday he was the only player that looked to be at the same level as Grealish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Martinez confirmed by the club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Martinez confirmed by the club

Yeah, got a notification regarding Martinez earlier. It's reported we spent 20m on him, have you heard same?

Just saw we paid 22M and watched his first interview. Hopefully, they will announce other signings soon. Rashica has been saying his goodbyes etc so I am assuming that signing will be pretty close now.

Between 16-20m from the sounds of it depending on additional fees for appearances or whatever I think

Get Rashica and Traore done this week and that's it for the first 11, nice to have would be another option at centre back and another striker

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

What's the story with Engels? Bombed out?

He was apparently injured at the end of the season but the lack of news would suggest he's out of favour. Although he hasn't been reported to be one of the players we want to offload

Rumour is Davis has signed 3 year contract extension and will head to Rotherham on loan. Delighted he got a goal tonight, it will give him a big boost before what could be a make or break season. There’s a top premier league footballer in there if he gets into a goal scoring groove.

Contract extension to June 2021

That’s his current contract expiry?

That’s his current contract expiry?

Well looking at our squad contract extensions, in June just gone, the contract for Davis was extended to June 2021.

Not unless something further happened that I'm not aware of.

Yeah nothing confirmed yet, just rumours that it’s been extended beyond next year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Martinez could be great value in fantasy football, only 4.5m

Should rack up the save points alright !

I bought him first week on the cheap as I knew the move was imminent, priced as a backup.

I bought him first week on the cheap as I knew the move was imminent, priced as a backup.

Selection headache right there I always go with a playing keeper and a set and forget 4m keeper.

Wrecked my head previously and lost so many points benching wrong keeper.

Saw on Twitter that we have brought in a goal keeper in each of the last 5 transfer windows

Moreira, Nyland, Kalinic, Heaton, Reina & Martinez

I read last season it was a strained cruciate but not torn. Done in training before the games opened up.

• Advertisement

Latest tweets suggest a fee has been agreed with Bremen for Rashica and talks with the player will happen later this evening.

Hogan finally gone to Small Heath 950k fee with Villa paying 400k of his wages for season.

kilburn wrote: »
    Hogan finally gone to Small Heath 950k fee with Villa paying 400k of his wages for season.

Couldn’t have just done the simple thing and gone for a 550k fee haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

CSF wrote: »
    Couldn’t have just done the simple thing and gone for a 550k fee haha

Guaranteed there's creative accounting going on. By sure the club are better off of the two outcomes.

The players agent will demand the money or collapse the move (in a threat at least). All parties will understand Villa just want him off the books and a token fee but Birmingham wouldn't be able to carry the extra wage over the lenght of the deal.

Hope he does well there. He was on a goal scoring run. Never threw the dummy out of the pram and he is an Irish international as well. Seems a nice and modest bloke and the move just didn't work out for him. Probably could have done a job better than the 3 fit strikers at the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

The players agent will demand the money or collapse the move (in a threat at least). All parties will understand Villa just want him off the books and a token fee but Birmingham wouldn't be able to carry the extra wage over the lenght of the deal.

Hope he does well there. He was on a goal scoring run. Never threw the dummy out of the pram and he is an Irish international as well. Seems a nice and modest bloke and the move just didn't work out for him. Probably could have done a job better than the 3 fit strikers at the end of the season.

Ah come on now.

JPA wrote: »
    Ah come on now.

Im not from Birmingham, obviously the derby is an exciting game but I have no feeling for or against more than any other team. In the last 30 years they've barely been a blip on the radar in a real sense bar the 3 high profile incidents that I remember at a quick thought. Has there even been 10 games in that time?

If you take your Villa hat off, for a neutral fan the Newcastle punch up between Bowyer and Dyer would probably be more memorable that Enkelmann, Grealish getting a punch or the clackers getting thrown on the pitch and at players.

I cant stand to see Liverpool win a throw in, so I have a much bigger dislike for them as a club than Birmingham. If we don't draw Birmingham in a cup I doubt we will play them for the next 10-15 years.

Im not from Birmingham, obviously the derby is an exciting game but I have no feeling for or against more than any other team. In the last 30 years they've barely been a blip on the radar in a real sense bar the 3 high profile incidents that I remember at a quick thought. Has there even been 10 games in that time?

If you take your Villa hat off, for a neutral fan the Newcastle punch up between Bowyer and Dyer would probably be more memorable that Enkelmann, Grealish getting a punch or the clackers getting thrown on the pitch and at players.

I cant stand to see Liverpool win a throw in, so I have a much bigger dislike for them as a club than Birmingham. If we don't draw Birmingham in a cup I doubt we will play them for the next 10-15 years.

That Grealish punch moment and what followed was about as memorable as football gets.

You can do what I do and hate all other teams equally with a passion.

Best way to do it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

sammagoal going to turkey according to twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Yeah sc86 but only if its loan to buy..AVFC are trying to iron that one out with fenerbache

If you put any faith in the ITKs, Rashica is all but done, still negotiating over final details of fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Indiana Vassiljev who came off the bench a number of times last season has joined Burton Albion on a season-long loan.

sc86 wrote: »
    sammagoal going to turkey according to twitter

Reports West brom want him, if he can improve it would be better for him to learn in the PL.

Although if they are potentially a relegation rival, maybe we shouldn't 'strengthen' them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement