Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Champions League Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

We are being linked with Diego Costa now make of that what you will.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

He'll be very frustrating for ye, that's from an Evertonian

Might be true but in comparison to Hourihane (who I don't dislike) I doubt he will as much.

Diego Costa is interesting but I doubt it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

The only thing now is with Hourihane likely to be benched, he is by far and away our best set piece deliverer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

That's a brilliant signing, any semblance of form and he's our second best player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Any talk of permanent deal after loan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Standard of players signed this summer shows where clubs sees itself going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

The only thing now is with Hourihane likely to be benched, he is by far and away our best set piece deliverer.

Yes but he is such a passenger in general play that the odd good ball delivered by him really didnt make up for his lack of ability in the key area of the pitch CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

This probably means no Rashica and Jack will stay on the left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It seems it's a straight loan deal with no formal option to buy, which is ok, loan deals that potentially improve a season should never be ruled out. It's when the team were relying on them that it was a problem. It's still a great move.

One more attacker being targeted according to most reports.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

gaffmaster wrote: »
    This probably means no Rashica and Jack will stay on the left?

Rashica can **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Have to say I'm no fan of Barkley. When he broke into the Chelsea team initially he looked decent but of late he's gone back to being greedy with the ball. You need a guy who's spotting runners and able to put them through, I don't think you'll get that from Barkley. I think Loftus-Cheek would have been a great signing.
    If Barkley settled in and starts to look around and spray the ball he'll be a great signing. Certainly has the talent but its been hard for managers to get it out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

I think Barkley got lost in a squad of superstars, he'll fit in much better being a bigger fish in a smaller pond where he'll get more love and attention from the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rashica can **** off.

That’s harsh. They’re all waiting to see what their best option is, and Villa haven’t done enough yet to make ourselves a great option yet. A good season could change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Patser

Barkley is better than Drinkwater, so that's good......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Tell you one thing.... 5.9m in FPL and all.

Will he be on pens?

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Tell you one thing.... 5.9m in FPL and all.

Will he be on pens?

I reckon Captain Jack will want those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,138 ✭✭✭✭listermint

CSF wrote: »
    That’s harsh. They’re all waiting to see what their best option is, and Villa haven’t done enough yet to make ourselves a great option yet. A good season could change that.

Acting like your iniesta without the plaudits to back it up. Ye not harsh tbh. He's dragging out talks for weeks , we can tell him to go ****e tbh.

listermint wrote: »
    Acting like your iniesta without the plaudits to back it up. Ye not harsh tbh. He's dragging out talks for weeks , we can tell him to go ****e tbh.

That's unknown really. Most rumours say a fee cannot be agreed.

Either way I don't see it happening now, only way it does is if we're planning on dropping McGinn and playing Barkley in his role with Jack as the 10 and I don't see us doing that. Josh King still being talked about, think he'd do a grand job as an option up front and that's probably us done.

An almost perfect window just missing an alternative at left back really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I think things will go on a while, if there is one last signing. The domestic window is open until the 16th, so if the likes of the rumoured players like Benrahma, Buendia, Sarr etc haven't moved, there might be lingering interest. I think Rico Henry to challenge Targett would be a good signing, but it's not always possible to fill problem positions in one window, but it's been a strong window so far.

I can't see a LB being signed this window.
    Having invested heavily at the time in Target and the fact Taylor would be on a decent salary and would be difficult to shift, I'd doubt a LB will be signed this window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭LeBash

JPA wrote: »
    That's unknown really. Most rumours say a fee cannot be agreed.

I agree with Lister, everything I've read said the fee has been agreed but he wants to go to RB and they are short of what Bremen want on a transfer fee.

I seriously doubt we have got as many over the line as we have and we can't agree terms. Imho, hes looking to force Bremens hand to accept the RB offer.

I don’t think you have to think you’re Iniesta to think you might have a better option out there than a team who were one kick away from being relegated last season?

Make no mistake about it, if we had another option we preferred we’d have no problem stringing him along while we see how things play out also.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

Hi all. (First post)

Season is underway and honestly it's been a while since I had this good a feeling

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL UTV

A few reports going around that King is now available for 10 million. He's in the last year of his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Would definitely take King at 10m

I don’t think you have to think you’re Iniesta to think you might have a better option out there than a team who were one kick away from being relegated last season?

Make no mistake about it, if we had another option we preferred we’d have no problem stringing him along while we see how things play out also.

excuse my ignorance, but did his current team not finish in the same position last year.. and are all round a sub midtable team in the bundesliga.

Where is this super star of holding out going to ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I'd like to see Ramsey loaned out now that we have brought Barkley in. When we didn't have Barkley he was probably close enough to the first team that he would have gotten some game time but I can see his chances being limited now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

What team are we expecting tonight? I'm hoping for a close to fully second team. We've had a lot of games already this season. Definitely would like to see Luiz and Grealish rested. Would definitely enjoy a good cup run, but not at the expense of one our main men getting a serious injury.

What team are we expecting tonight? I'm hoping for a close to fully second team. We've had a lot of games already this season. Definitely would like to see Luiz and Grealish rested. Would definitely enjoy a good cup run, but not at the expense of one our main men getting a serious injury.

Same 11 as last week.

excuse my ignorance, but did his current team not finish in the same position last year.. and are all round a sub midtable team in the bundesliga.

Where is this super star of holding out going to ?

Leipzig apparently want him but are hoping to get the price down. They may fail in doing so. If that happens and he comes to us, should we be too hurt that a guy preferred to join a Champions League team who will qualify again this year, rather than us?

We want players that teams like Leipzig want aswell, rather than ones that Crystal Palace want aswell, even if the ones that fall into the latter bracket may feel happier about the move.

Grealish and Ming's in England squad again, no surprise given Foden and Greenwood are on the naughty step

Leipzig apparently want him but are hoping to get the price down. They may fail in doing so. If that happens and he comes to us, should we be too hurt that a guy preferred to join a Champions League team who will qualify again this year, rather than us?

We want players that teams like Leipzig want aswell, rather than ones that Crystal Palace want aswell, even if the ones that fall into the latter bracket may feel happier about the move.

From what I've read he wants to double his wages if he joins Villa but would probably accept less to go to Leipzig as that is CL football.

I'd say if he dropped his wage demands Villa would do the deal even after signing Barkely but if he has priced himself out of the move as he doesn't really fancy not playing in Europe well then I think the club have acted wisely by signing a loan AM of first team quality and can now focus on spending their remaining money for this window elsewhere.

If King is actually available for 10m that would seem a bargain imo. He was not the solution in my mind but since Watkins was signed that's okay as now we need backup and him and eventually Wesley on the bench is very good in terms of options for a club like Villa to change things, especially when compared to last seasons options up front.

ha now I see where the Diego Costa link came from
    Earlier this week, Aston Villa fans were obvious excited when John Terry and former Chelsea striker Diego Costa were spotted chatting on social media, with the Assistant Head Coach admitting how much he missed the Spain international, before Costa replied with ‘Take me with you captain’.
    ...not happening Diego (Wages)

To clarify, I would have no problem with Villa going elsewhere if Rashica isn’t going well. Both sides are gonna be weighing up the best option for themselves and it’s only really gonna happen if it’s the best that either side can get.

As long as either side has potentially better options, these transfers drag on the whole way to the deadline. This might be one of those.

• Advertisement

Match is on carabaocup.live tonight costing ten of the Queen's pounds.

Did anyone use that last time? Is it legit or bogey?

I'd like to see Traore start.

Esse85 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Traore start.

And Barkley. Because we’ll almost certainly field an unchanged team again on Sunday.

LeBash wrote: »
    Did anyone use that last time? Is it legit or bogey?

I used it and its totally legit. Like watching it on sky to be honest.

• Advertisement

And Barkley. Because we’ll almost certainly field an unchanged team again on Sunday.

He is cup tied unfortunately.

CucaFace wrote: »
    He is cup tied unfortunately.

Ah pity

CucaFace wrote: »
    I used it and its totally legit. Like watching it on sky to be honest.

Im on it. Will be gutting to see Chester playing against us tonight. What a servant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Patser

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1311712542780272640

Guilbert starts, is that his 1st match of season?

And Traore

Davis for a hattrick I reckon

Nice second team... really feel a good 12th-10th finish is decent for us this season...

I have the cc tv. Man 6 mins before game the lads are still testing the mics lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Patser wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1311712542780272640

Guilbert starts, is that his 1st match of season?

And Traore

Davis for a hattrick I reckon

Guilbert played in the last cup game

Is Elmo CB?

Esse85 wrote: »
    Is Elmo CB?

Yeah. So far not so encouraging from us... taylor has no legs when they double up on him... but early days

I heard Bien Sports Max 7 France would be showing the game.

I'm watching on beIN sports 3

• Advertisement
Advertisement