Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Champions League Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Samatta scored twice in a 2-1 win for Fenerbache earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭LeBash

Esse85 wrote: »
    Samatta scored twice in a 2-1 win for Fenerbache earlier.

We must have warmed him up for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

LeBash wrote: »
    We must have warmed him up for them

I'm happy for him and hope he does well. Always tried and looked like he'd a good attitude, the goals or chances just didn't arrive.

Esse85 wrote: »
    I'm happy for him and hope he does well. Always tried and looked like he'd a good attitude, the goals or chances just didn't arrive.

Yeah, I think there was a player in there alright. Pity we didn't get to see much of it.

The sun reporting we've put in a 9 million bid for Victor Nelsson. 21 year old centre back from Copenhagen. 27 u21 caps for Denmark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The sun reporting we've put in a 9 million bid for Victor Nelsson. 21 year old centre back from Copenhagen. 27 u21 caps for Denmark.

Not a position of great need while Engels remains at 4th choice.

CSF wrote: »
    Not a position of great need while Engels remains at 4th choice.

I get the impression he's not wanted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I get the impression he's not wanted

Is he wanted elsewhere though? No point in signing new backup while our old backup is still there. Konsa has made that spot in the team his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Patser

I see on fantasy thread, rumour that Allison is out. Mane definitely out....

Is there a chance this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Patser wrote: »
    I see on fantasy thread, rumour that Allison is out. Mane definitely out....

Is there a chance this evening

Is Alcantara out too, thought I saw something, earlier in the week, about him getting covid too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Is Alcantara out too, thought I saw something, earlier in the week, about him getting covid too.

He missed their last game because of it and iirc they said he'd be back after the international break.

That said they have a very strong squad and should in their minds be able to deal with his and Mane's absence. Allison could be a blow as you cannot have a WC goalie willing to sit on the bench, infact if anything our 2nd goalie is better than almost anyone in the leagues backup (but he's not fit either).

Go into every game trying to win but even a draw in this game would be a huge statement from the (Villa) side. Plus any points even this early are huge in terms of pulling away from those teams at the bottom. The bottom 5 sides for example have already all lost at least 3 games before Villa even play their 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Being reported the Rashica deal is back on and close to completion wonder if the savings from Jota have let us meet his wage demands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Wonder how that would work, Barkley takes McGinns spot and Jack as a 10 then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Wonder how that would work, Barkley takes McGinns spot and Jack as a 10 then?

Watkins up front with Jack behind as a 10 with Rashica & Traore on either side very attacking set up.

Luis, Barkley behind that trio

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I recall saying that if he dropped his demands the club would probably still do the deal and if there is truth to these new links popping up I reckon with the window almost closed he realized he wasn't getting his move to a CL club and thought Villa was good enough (not endearing wording but still) and decided to come back to the table and find a compromise. The two clubs had already agreed so no reason why it couldn't be done.

I reckon this means we will see some rotation. We will also see Barkley perhaps filling a 6 and an 8 role depending on the game. Rashica can also play up front and can allow Watkins to be rested/subbed from time to time. Hell Jack might even play the odd game from the right. Or simply if we have an injury we aren't back to playing championship standard players. It also means that we will start to have actual good bench options. McGinn or Traore coming off the bench sounds soo much better than Hourihane and El Ghazi from last year.

Plus after Barkley's loan is done, perhaps we cannot sign him permanently due to his wages being so high. This signing would make us less dependent on him too and it less of a blow next year if we cannot sign him as we have already improved that area of the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Barkley straight in for Hourihane, only change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Barkley starts over Hourihane. I feel a bit sorry for him actually, even though I'm not his biggest fan. Can feel hard done by not to start, but I guess you maybe want a squad like that than those you know won't feel hard done by at all by not starting.

Good to have that choice now though at least.

kilburn wrote: »
    Being reported the Rashica deal is back on and close to completion wonder if the savings from Jota have let us meet his wage demands.

Never heard of him before all this and yet.... Very excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

I'm actually lookin forward to this game. I think it's the ultimate test for us. Liverpool are brilliant. Even with no mane or allison they are still super strong. I'm hoping for a sneaky win. But if ya said we draw right now I would bite your hand off ;D

Hope RB has a good debut for us and we kick on from there. As someone else mentioned. It's kinda sad see hourihane benched but cant deny RB isnt a step up

• Advertisement

I'm actually lookin forward to this game. I think it's the ultimate test for us. Liverpool are brilliant. Even with no mane or allison they are still super strong. I'm hoping for a sneaky win. But if ya said we draw right now I would bite your hand off ;D

Your only hope is Liverpool have a 4/10 and Villa pull out a 10/10

JPA wrote: »
    Your only hope is Liverpool have a 4/10 and Villa pull out a 10/10

Your probs right. But I would like to see us on the counter... paul lambert style when we beat man city 3-2. Weimann was king for a day lol

Good start, showing intent and linking up ok

HAPPY ****IN DAYS. dare we dream

AND A GOAL!!!!!

WATKINS

Edit: Pool missing Allison already

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Easy.

• Advertisement

Patser wrote: »
    AND A GOAL!!!!!

WATKINS

Edit: Pool missing Allison already

Allison was injured in training earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Panrich

Would Conor have scored that?

Mingsadona?

How have we not conceded this season?

Our full backs continuously let players in behind them, but Martinez, Mings and Konsa somehow scrape it clear

Prime example there after Martinez copied Adrian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Watkins. Fantastic :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Easy.

2!!!!!!!!

OLLIE!!!!! ROCKET

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Delighted for the Villa, hopefully you can keep it up and get the three points.

I know any browsing Pool fans will go mental at this comparison, but

This is very like the Fulham game. Fulham had 68% possession, hit cross after cross but couldn't defend at all if we got past their midfield.

Here endeth the comparison, I'm still amazed we haven't conceded

I'm scared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

JPA wrote: »
    I'm scared.

The dreaded 2 nil up. Only a Villa fan knows how precarious that is :pac:

It's early days, we've a two goal lead to defend, but a lot of time to defend it. Lets hope we don't sit too deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Barkley should have had a brace

Damn 2-1

• Advertisement

The third best Egyptian in the stadium scores. Not good enough.

Barkley should have had a brace

It's great that he's slotted in so quick though.

3 ****ing one

Barkely with another good chance and then McGinn scores from the corner

Well there goes the goal free season.

Unfortunate trip for Cash but too many midfielders stayed out of box and left defence outnumbered....

FECK THAT

MCGINNNNNN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Barkley poor again. Terrible first touch to take ball away from goal. Luiz getting caught out and targett diving in on lead up to goal. Will take that from mcginn though

Barkley could have had a hattrick

Barkley poor again. Terrible first touch to take ball away from goal. Luiz getting caught out and targett diving in on lead up to goal. Will take that from mcginn though

Just stop. Great that he's in position for the chances.

I dropped Watkins in FF this week. If you lot put 100 together a week and send it to me, I'll keep him out, he'll score more than Pongo this season.

Hatrick :D:D

• Advertisement

Make that 150 a week

Advertisement