Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Champions League Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭LeBash

Engels just stepped off the team bus is the word. Assume he is the centre back on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Patser

LeBash wrote: »
    Engels just stepped off the team bus is the word. Assume he is the centre back on the bench.

Yep, on bench. Hause missing from bench, other than that team is exactly as you'd expect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Patser wrote: »
    Yep, on bench. Hause missing from bench, other than that team is exactly as you'd expect

No Davis on bench is a surprise

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Apparently my Villatalk account still exists.

Last login, December 2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Hi Folks,

Just a quick question. Trying to find the 20/21Villa Jersey in a Large to send overseas for a birthday. Its a last minute thing and need it by Wednesday as giving it to another lad travelling out.

Ay ideas where I can find one. Tried Lifestyle in Blanch and Elverys to no avail.

Buy it and post directly to destination? Don't know if you have another option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

I bought the home one from one of the sites in the soccer forum called "online football jerseys", worked out about €20 delivered.

Excellent quality. Hard to tell the difference again a shirt bought from an Elverys etc

Shipping takes about 16 days, well worth looking at that thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Esse85 wrote: »
    I bought the home one from one of the sites in the soccer forum called "online football jerseys", worked out about €20 delivered.

Excellent quality. Hard to tell the difference again a shirt bought from an Elverys etc

Shipping takes about 16 days, well worth looking at that thread.

I've bought from them too before several times. They definitely don't wear the same as the original stuff. I think the material pulls easily like o neills stuff from 15 years ago.

15 mins in, team loo a little off the pace. Mings having a few poor 1st touches, Grealish being well marshalled out of game, like they are all in 2nd gear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

That Praet tackle was a disgrace

Trez very close after nice break, Grealish getting a bit more space now

• Advertisement

Jaysus Cash, what are you at.. It was a foul, no need to try pull his shorts off as well and get a yellow

Yellows starting to creep into this game, which still feels like they are all (both teams) playing at 70% speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭circadian

Yellows starting to creep into this game, which still feels like they are all (both teams) playing at 70% speed

Definitely a cagey match alright, Leicester aren't willing to put numbers forward. If Villa get the first goal then that'll force Leicester to push harder which I doubt they want to do after last weeks result against Liverpool.

That pass from Grealish to Targett was fantastic. Pity the cross was a bit too high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Bein sports. Premier sports. Dazn. NBC. Theres loads of channels that show it normal as there package.

I dont mind listening to andy gray

Had to switch off the half time analysis after Richard keys started asking why we aren’t playing attacking football like we did against Liverpool and Andy Gray then started saying Ross Barkley was back beside Mings too often.

I think this is just a case of two very evenly matched teams, playing exactly the same against each other and pretty much cancelling each other out. That's probaby why players look slow, its just that the other guy is matching them step for step.

Little difference in approach, Leicester slightly more through the centre, Villa all about the left but very few clear chances as neither side leaving gaps in defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Supersport hoddle and sherwood in studio. Osman the Co commentator

Supersport hoddle and sherwood in studio. Osman the Co commentator

Took me ages to recognise hoddle.

Barkley starting to look a bit tired. Might be time for Hourihane to give us more of a threat from set pieces.

• Advertisement

Villa looking dangerous but we need to be finishing it off. Leicester could easily hit us.

Hard to see who you could sub in - maybe Trore for Trez, Hourihane for Barkley but will the make a difference?

Edit: and here comes Traore...

Give Davis 5 minutes, he's guaranteed to get a chance.....he'll miss it but maybe someone will get the rebound

BARKLEY SCREAMER!!!! 91st minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

What a goal, Barkley!

HYPE TRAIN

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Probably just edged the game.

Such a difference from last year. We lost so many games in the last 10 minutes last season. But now we are in it for the whole game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Give Davis 5 minutes, he's guaranteed to get a chance.....he'll miss it but maybe someone will get the rebound

Not in squad. Good goal. Better team tonight imo. Some nice stuff at times. Very light up top. Nothing if wathins gets injured

Four from four.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

What a start to the season. Class finish from Barkley. Thought we were the more likely to score all game

• Advertisement

Magnificent.

Ok Fulham and Sheff Utd, fair enough they are poor this season

Liverpool 7-2 was madness, especially given all the deflections

But a hard fought win away at Leicester, there has to be hope now of something mas happening this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

That was excellent, definitely the better team and really dug in for the win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ok Fulham and Sheff Utd, fair enough they are poor this season

Liverpool 7-2 was madness, especially given all the deflections

But a hard fought win away at Leicester, there has to be hope now of something mas happening this season

The season is shaping up to be a crazy one. Anything could happen.

TBH that's nearly 1/4 of the points I'd hoped we'd have for the season after only 4 games. Leeds on Friday will be interesting

There is some difference in the defence now, you'd even have confidence in them.

Great win, really great.

I thought Grealish made some bad decisions tonight but still walked through them at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The craziest part of that win is that it was not a snatch and grab. Completely deserved.

Look at the table on BBC, look at the GD:eek::cool::cool::D

That was really quite comfortable, probably didn't really create a lot but we'll take it.

We look so organised, and what I'm most impressed with is the spirit and attitude of the squad. Seems to be a real togetherness amongst them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Brilliant strike to win it! Solid again and dug it out.

Great start to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

3 clean sheets in 4 games is seriously impressive stuff. They don’t look like they mistakes in them nearly as much as last season at the back. Think Martinez has been a great signing, along with Watkins, Cash and Barkley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Esse85 wrote: »
    We look so organised, and what I'm most impressed with is the spirit and attitude of the squad. Seems to be a real togetherness amongst them.

What a difference in our defense from the game played there last season. We look so solid.

Second now and we have actually played the teams in 3rd and 4th.

Its a pity our squad isnt going to be good enough to keep this up but what an amazing change in our team since covid stopped the league in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

I backed 4 draws today, would have returned 920. I now hate aston villa and ross Barkley more than you could ever imagine!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Only team left in England with 100% record

Just to go really overboard, look at our next 8 games up to Christmas and think of our current form

https://twitter.com/FaIseCF_/status/1317921208445317127

Amazing stuff. I was genuinely worried before this match. That was a very disciplined performance and definitely deserved the goal that came at the end.

After the goal I was expecting a few minutes of full on defending but it was the opposite. Just like against Liverpool, once they scored the team just became much more confident.

For me, the unsung here is Konsa, I think he's been outstanding since the restart, hasn't put a foot wrong, quick, good in the air, decent on the ball, he's really growing into that role and it's been great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

What a start to the season.

Wonder how much of the transition is Craig Shakespeare related.

• Advertisement

The Jman wrote: »
    I backed 4 draws today, would have returned 920. I now hate aston villa and ross Barkley more than you could ever imagine!!

Don't be betting draws on villa in this form.

;)

Advertisement