Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Update:
    I cannot connect my laptop to the LAN at any of the connection points. I'm now writing this email using ethernet connected into the back of the internet router.

I'm now suspecting that the network we have to send the ethernet around the house is suspect. This has been previously working fine, but now I cannot connect at any point in the house.

Hmm, a reset and its working now at all points on my laptop. The desktop however, is still not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Update:
    I cannot connect my laptop to the LAN at any of the connection points. I'm now writing this email using ethernet connected into the back of the internet router.

I'm now suspecting that the network we have to send the ethernet around the house is suspect. This has been previously working fine, but now I cannot connect at any point in the house.

If the router and laptop are working but all ethernet points are bad.
    It would point to an issue either in the cable between your router and switch, or the switch itself.

It's unlikely all the wiring went south at the same time and the points of failure that could affect all at once are the place to check 1st.

Swap the cable from switch to router 1st, and proceed from there.

And desktop is now working. I've done so much, I'm not sure what the solution was.

banie01 wrote: »
    If the router and laptop are working but all ethernet points are bad.
    It would point to an issue either in the cable between your router and switch, or the switch itself.

It's unlikely all the wiring went south at the same time and the points of failure that could affect all at once are the place to check 1st.

Swap the cable from switch to router 1st, and proceed from there.

I've got a cable checker and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Op this happens to my PC at least once a week. Resetting my sky router normally fixes it. Sometimes it takes a few attempts. None of the online solutions worked for me. Who is your internet provider?

• Advertisement

Its BT.

This is a total PITA. I've now got the HMDI over ethernet adapters (Labgear HDX60P) not working. They do not integrate with internet setup, but somehow when I unplugged and replugged the receiver cable I've lost the signal to the TV.

I think it is the network socket on the wall, but the cable tester is dead so I'm screwed once again - I was testing cables and when I came back in from the end point in another room the tester was starting to smoke and has now got a heat blister on it.
    It powers up again now, but the testing functionality is not working.

Advertisement