Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Now charging €0 transactions when searching for a driver

Options
  • 01-01-2020 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭

Last night I was trying to find a taxi driver on free now.i searched about 10 times for a driver. Each time Free Now processed a transaction on my credit card.

Now no money was charged, but do you not need to approve the use of a card, I was only searching for a driver.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Revolut?

It’s not uncommon for places to check your card is active before actually processing a payment (presuming you have your card linked to your account). Usually happens in the background so you don’t see it. With revolut and others you get instant notification of everything so you notice it more

No big deal IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

What's the issue though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

did you read the terms and conditions you agreed to by signing up and using the app?
    hint - they run to 16 pages ....

Advertisement