Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIC and DMP to be commemorated this month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The theme tune for FG'S election campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,217 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

buried wrote: »
    Wolfe Tones to donate the royalties of the two current number 1's to the Peter McVerry Housing Trust.

Well done Charlie TanAgain. You've managed to make more houses for Irish people in a few days than Eoghan Murphy has done in years.

Ah lads come on...I haven't managed to get a mouthful of tea into me all evening! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,838 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

jmcc wrote: »
    So now you are calling the RIC terrorists as well? That's a bit of a change though we should have seen it coming when you failed to condemn the commemoration of the Nazi concentration camp guards in honour of Flanagan senior. :) You are the one who, like John "Unionist" Bruton wants to commemorate the Black and Tans, are you not?

Regards...jmcc

Again you did not answer the question and have gone on a diversionary trip about nazis. Which I am sure Sean Russell would approve of. ;)

Your silence has incriminated you as you refused to answer - if you consider all of the RIC terrorists as you seem to imply.

I do not consider the RIC terrorists, because do so would tar the many disparate people and groups within as one. As you will no doubt imply that the RIC is a catch all term.

You also did not answer my question about the anti treaty side were they terrorists.
    Nor did you not answer my question about the provos from various eras.

Regards.... the poster who is waiting for jmcc to give a straight answer to questions.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

pjohnson wrote: »
    Dunno what the UK will do for Dublin GAA.
    Probably give out to the referee every time that Dublin hand passes the ball and object to points beating goals as not being cricket. :)

Regards...jmcc

buried wrote: »
    Wolfe Tones to donate the royalties of the two current number 1's to the Peter McVerry Housing Trust.

Well done Charlie TanAgain. You've managed to make more houses for Irish people in a few days than Eoghan Murphy has done in years.

The Wolfe Tones could do with getting a hair cut, and from shave this fella since they are looking for a home
    from McVerry.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/watch-dublin-barber-praised-for-giving-free-haircuts-to-homeless-people-838023.html

Plus in fairness to the tones they never play to the lowest common denominator and look for free publicity.

They were also concerned with finding a home for British soldiers

• Advertisement

Again you did not answer the question and have gone on a diversionary trip about nazis.
    Weren't you aware of Charlie Flanagan's father and his anti-semitism and praising the Nazis for "routing out the Jews"? But then FG has a rather unfortunately history in that respect what with the Blueshirts sending a group to fight in the Spanish Civil War on the side of the Nazis. That's the Fascist history that this has managed to resurrect.
    Your silence has incriminated you as you refused to answer - if you consider all of the RIC terrorists as you seem to imply.
    But you are the one who wants to commemorate terrorists. You are the one trying to get people to deny your statement that all the RIC were terrorists.
    I do not consider the RIC terrorists,
    And the Black and Tans and the Auxuillaries (who had the rank of RIC cadets, I think)?
    You also did not answer my question about the anti treaty side were they terrorists.

This whole Black and Tans issue has gotten so bad for you and the other FG neo-Unionists that you are trying to distract people from the mess you've all made of the War of Independence to cover other time periods.

Regards...jmcc

Again you did not answer the question and have gone on a diversionary trip about nazis. Which I am sure Sean Russell would approve of. ;)

I do not consider the RIC terrorists, because do so would tar the many disparate people and groups within as one. As you will no doubt imply that the RIC is a catch all term.

Regards.... the poster who is waiting for jmcc to give a straight answer to questions.
    Anyone who uses terror is a 'terrorist' It is a totally redundant term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The country has clearly not moved on and those catholic working class (some Irish speaking) proud Irishmen born and bred just eking out a living - are being treated like **** on a shoe. Just because they wore RIC uniform.
    And just because people do not understand history or worse still have a narrow view of it with an agenda.

Anybody who was part of an organisation that helped enforce evictions of starving people, amoungst other atrocities, are lower than **** in my esteem.

🙈🙉🙊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The butthurt here from the FG supporters would be funny if the topic weren't so serious.

Regards...jmcc

Still no answer of any of my questions I see

Regards jmcc might give an answer to a question some day instead of deflection -

Does jmcc consider the anti treaty side terrorists no answer

Does jmcc consider the the IRA campaign in the 30's 40's 70's-90's terrorists?

Nobody knows.

But we do know jmcc is consistent on three things

1) deflection

2) not answering questions

3) and sending his regards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭fundi

Anyone who uses terror is a 'terrorist' It is a totally redundant term.

Not that redundant. A terrorist has been defined as a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
    As said elsewhere, in order to attract and maintain the publicity necessary to generate widespread fear, terrorists must engage in increasingly dramatic, violent, and high-profile attacks. These have included hijackings, hostage takings, kidnappings, car bombings, and, frequently, suicide bombings. Although apparently random, the victims and locations of terrorist attacks often are carefully selected for their shock value. Schools, shopping centres, bus and train stations, and restaurants and nightclubs have been targeted both because they attract large crowds and because they are places with which members of the civilian population are familiar and in which they feel at ease. The goal of terrorism generally is to destroy the public’s sense of security in the places most familiar to them. Major targets sometimes also include buildings or other locations that are important economic or political symbols, such as embassies or military installations. The hope of the terrorist is that the sense of terror these acts engender will induce the population to pressure political leaders toward a specific political end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Saw the Wolfe Tones over the summer. Wasn't sure what to expect as they are all in their seventies, but they played for over 2.5 hours and we're brilliant, was a great night. Place was packed.

Still no answer of any of my questions I see

Regards jmcc might give an answer to a question some day instead of deflection -

Does jmcc consider the anti treaty side terrorists no answer

Does jmcc consider the the IRA campaign in the 30's 40's 70's-90's terrorists?

Nobody knows.

But we do know jmcc is consistent on three things

1) deflection

2) not answering questions

3) and sending his regards.

You're asking for an answer to questions concerning the 30', 40's ,70's 90's yet the subject of this thread ceased to exist in the 20's you then speak of deflection. The irony.

Anybody who was part of an organisation that helped enforce evictions of starving people, amoungst other atrocities, are lower than **** in my esteem.

Put the IRA/volunteers committed atrocities as well if you look up the Dunmanway killings for example.

Or does your revulsion only extend to all British of the War of independence then suddenly become horrified at more recent events like the Omagh bombing?

fundi wrote: »
    Not that redundant. A terrorist has been defined as a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against

That's the problem in relation to invasion and colonisation...the natives have a tendency to see your presence as 'unlawful'.

I see Charlie Flanagan is now being referred to as Charlie 'Tan'agan on social media.
    The Wolfe Tones owe him a pint. On the plus side the WT's have stated all royalties they earn from the massive own goal by FG will be donated to the Peter Mcverry trust. At least some good comes out of this debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Not that redundant. A terrorist has been defined as a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
    As said elsewhere, in order to attract and maintain the publicity necessary to generate widespread fear, terrorists must engage in increasingly dramatic, violent, and high-profile attacks. These have included hijackings, hostage takings, kidnappings, car bombings, and, frequently, suicide bombings. Although apparently random, the victims and locations of terrorist attacks often are carefully selected for their shock value. Schools, shopping centres, bus and train stations, and restaurants and nightclubs have been targeted both because they attract large crowds and because they are places with which members of the civilian population are familiar and in which they feel at ease. The goal of terrorism generally is to destroy the public’s sense of security in the places most familiar to them. Major targets sometimes also include buildings or other locations that are important economic or political symbols, such as embassies or military installations. The hope of the terrorist is that the sense of terror these acts engender will induce the population to pressure political leaders toward a specific political end.

?width=630&version=4802413

IMG-20200109-205011.jpg

IMG-20200109-205128.jpg

You're asking for an answer to questions concerning the 30', 40's ,70's 90's yet the subject of this thread ceased to exist in the 20's you then speak of deflection. The irony.

It is all interlinked as you well know and he well knows.
    You just want to seem pick an era in history and call 'them' terrorists because it suits the time you live in.
    But the reality was the IRA of all eras were just as ruthless, well capable of bending morality when it suited.

'Rub them out' as Dan Breen used to say otherwise your family could be in danger.

A terrorist has been defined as a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
    Members of the RIC, the Black and Tans and the Auxillaries murdering Irish people and Irish politicians certainly come under that definition. The words "hoisted" and "petard" come to mind.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Put the IRA/volunteers committed atrocities as well if you look up the Dunmanway killings for example.

Or does your revulsion only extend to all British of the War of independence then suddenly become horrified at more recent events like the Omagh bombing?

The Dumanway Killings that happened after the War of Independence and were'nt carried out by either the pro or anti treaty IRA?

Is that the sound of a barrel being scraped in the search for some scrap of equivalence?

• Advertisement

That's the problem in relation to invasion and colonisation...the natives have a tendency to see your presence as 'unlawful'.

No, thats the problem with violence carried out by terrorists in the pursuit of political objectives. My presence here is as lawful as yours.

It is all interlinked as you well know and he well knows.
    You just want to seem pick an era in history and call 'them' terrorists because it suits the time you live in.
    But the reality was the IRA of all eras were just as ruthless, well capable of bending morality when it suited.

'Rub them out' as Dan Breen used to say otherwise your family could be in danger.

Of course i'm picking an era in history as FG sought to commemorate an organisation that repressed, brutalized and murdered on behalf of an occupation by a colonial power.
    I prefer to deal with the subject of the thread, you seek to deflect from the monumental f**k up by the FG party whom you have confirmed you intend to vote for at the next GE ( which is your right) but don't expect anyone to take your comments as anything other than deflection, whataboutery and revisionism.

How do the numbers stack up :
    - people killed by the terrorist rebels
    vs.
    - people killed by the B&Ts

?

jmcc has not answered that one yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

McMurphy wrote: »
    ?width=630&version=4802413

IMG-20200109-205011.jpg

IMG-20200109-205128.jpg

The Big Fellow would be turning in his grave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Members of the RIC, the Black and Tans and the Auxillaries murdering Irish people and Irish politicians certainly come under that definition. The words "hoisted" and "petard" come to mind.

Regards...jmcc

Pearse, Collins, DeValera, Connolly, too.

jmcc has not answered that one yet either.

Are you looking for a score card?

No, thats the problem with violence carried out by terrorists in the pursuit of political objectives. My presence here is as lawful as yours.

If you are a civilian and have legal residency, correct, your presence is lawful. Any violence visited on you is illegal just as it would be on a native civilian.

I think that the clue was when Gormdubgorm referred to the Irish people as "they". :) Perhaps the only reconcilliation that Gdg wants is Ireland to be part of the crumbling United Kingdom again.

Regards...jmcc

More rubbish, not answering questions deflecion and twisting of posts.

If you look at my original comments on this thread I mentioned soloheabeg two Irishmen RIC men one from Cork the other Mayo .An Irish speaker more Irish than many of these so called protesters who converse in thier 'opressors' tongue

You still have not answered what you consider a terrorist.

Tá tú ag caint tríod do thóin, agus níor cuir tú aon
    freagraí air ais le mo ceisteanna.

You are just a bluffer I think when all is said and done.

You do not even answer what you consider a terrorist to be, because your mask will slip.

sends regards to the jmcc bluffer

Is mise le meas gormdubhgorm

If you look at my original comments on this thread I mentioned soloheabeg two Irishmen RIC men one from Cork the other Mayo .An Irish speaker more Irish than many of these so called protesters who converse in thier 'opressors' tongue

You still have not answered what you consider a terrorist.

Tá tú ag caint tríod do thóin, agus níor cuir tú aon
    freagraí air ais le mo ceisteanna.

You are just a bluffer I think when all is said and done.

You do not even answer what you consider a terrorist to be, because your mask will slip.

sends regards to the jmcc bluffer

Is mise le meas gormdubhgorm

Your comments are getting more shrill and hilarious the longer you post here. It's amusing that jmcc has wound you up so easily.

• Advertisement

What are you getting huffy about. I asked you two questions and you ignored them. I even reposted one and you ignored that too. A way up the yard.

Advertisement