Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 22 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

0.1 short of Pope > Ryan, very annoying.

Will likely do Targett > 4.3m def. Any ideas on who to bring in? Looking at Stephens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Thinking Alli needs to go, would like to replace him with a cheaper option tho...Was thinking of Grealish or Sarr

Current Side
    498891.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So with Kane being out and Son coming back...what do people think that means for Alli??

More attacking? Deeper? Or just not in form??

Tempted to get rid for Grealish but have the funds for Son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

thoughts on Alli to Sarr ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

miller82 wrote: »
    thoughts on Alli to Sarr ??

I'm tempted by him but think watford could be a trap. It's still watford at the end of the day I wouldn't be surprised if it was back to the old watford in a week or two after the new manager bounce. Having said that I use any excuse to get Deulofeu in!

jimmii wrote: »
    I'm tempted by him but think watford could be a trap. It's still watford at the end of the day I wouldn't be surprised if it was back to the old watford in a week or two after the new manager bounce. Having said that I use any excuse to get Deulofeu in!

its double sided for me. I am sick of Ali and gagging to get on the watford train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cartman78 wrote: »
    So with Kane being out and Son coming back...what do people think that means for Alli??

More attacking? Deeper? Or just not in form??

Tempted to get rid for Grealish but have the funds for Son

He was ****e against Spurs, although he'll probably be better with Son. I plan on getting Son in for him but will wait till after Pool game

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

daheff wrote: »
    Uggh have Vardy & Kane. Both now doubtful.

Also brought in Gundogan as a pint (reasonable return).

Thinking Kane>ings
    Gundogan>Salah/Mane (for double game week)

Thoughts? Will Salah/Mane play both in the dg?

Don't forget that you have untill the 10th to make changes so don't do anything in a rush . Kane to Firmino is an option , I have TAA and Mane swapping Kane for Firmino and Zaha for a WHU midfielder . Getting rid of Vardy would be a mistake imo .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

Alison in 5 cs in a row, hard to ignore even with next two fixtures-so got him in for dgw and set and forget for few weeks

Alisson
    AA Lord Lundstrom Soyu
    Mane KDB Madisson Traore
    King Kun Vardy Jimi
    Button Cantwell Balbuena (in for dgw) Kelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Ros1234

skippy15 wrote: »
    Alison in 5 cs in a row, hard to ignore even with next two fixtures-so got him in for dgw and set and forget for few weeks

Alisson
    AA Lord Lundstrom Soyu
    Mane KDB Madisson Traore
    King Kun Vardy Jimi
    Button Cantwell Balbuena (in for dgw) Kelly

I don't get the logic with Alisson taking up one of your 3 liverpool spots. Robbo or Salah I think takes the 3rd spot when you have Mane and TAA already.
    Alisson's point ceiling is much lower than the other 4 options.
    Very nice team though, I have Jimi too but thinking of dumping after the next 2 gw's. Not sure for who yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Wild card played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ros1234 wrote: »
    I don't get the logic with Alisson taking up one of your 3 liverpool spots. Robbo or Salah I think takes the 3rd spot when you have Mane and TAA already.
    Very nice team though, I have Jimi too but thinking of dumping after the next 2 gw's. Not sure for who yet though.

Yeah ideally I much prefer them too but would mean downgrading aguerro ings to afford Sarah, or madisson to get robbo, Gomez great shout at that price too but wanted rid of guita also and Alison guaranteed to play pretty much every match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Last week: Let's all sell Grealish. Villa are poor.

This week: Let's all buy Grealish, hes class.

FPL in a nutshell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looking like Targett & Callum Wilson -> Cathcart & DCL for 2 FTs. One bit of house keeping, one normal transfer.

I thought the Rashford -> Callum Wilson transfer would be a smart one as Bournemouth's fixtures are brilliant, and a possibility of a nice run. Their form is just horrendous though.

Dendoncker -> Son
    PEA -> Ings

Dendoncker is usually my second or third sub. PEA has been solid but if he continues to play out wide his returns will diminish. Is Ings the real deal or am I going to get in as a purple patch fizzles out as has happened so many times before.

Would leave me with:

GK: Allison, Steklenburg
    DF: Gomez, Lundstrum, Soyuncu, Kelly, Vertonghen (who is soon to be got rid of)
    MF: Son, KDB, Mane, Maddison, Cantwell
    FW: Vardy, Ings, Abraham

Seems like a good idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FitzShane wrote: »
    Looking like Targett & Callum Wilson -> Cathcart & DCL for 2 FTs. One bit of house keeping, one normal transfer.

I thought the Rashford -> Callum Wilson transfer would be a smart one as Bournemouth's fixtures are brilliant, and a possibility of a nice run. Their form is just horrendous though.

You'd wonder how long Howe will get to turn it around. I've always thought he's a bit overrated, he never seems to change his tactics and his in game management seems poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Cos pope fixtures so difficult - I’m thinking heaton for pope and cos wham have a double gameweek soon fredericks for willems

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Rega

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Cos pope fixtures so difficult - I’m thinking heaton for pope and cos wham have a double gameweek soon fredericks for willems

Heaton is injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I’m thinking for a -4
    Heaton - Fabianski
    Rico- Gomez
    Sissoko - Dendonker

I’d have

Fabianski Pope
    Robbo Gomez Lundstram Soy Sidibie
    Sterling Mane Zaha Grealish Dendonker
    Ings Vardy Jiminez

I know there’s FA Cup next weekend but I might gamble and pull the trigger now as I have the exact amount to do it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Heaton could be out until the end of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Green&Red wrote: »

Oops ! Pope to fabianski I’m thinking now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭munster87

Confirmed and Wesley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dendoncker -> Son
    PEA -> Ings

Dendoncker is usually my second or third sub. PEA has been solid but if he continues to play out wide his returns will diminish. Is Ings the real deal or am I going to get in as a purple patch fizzles out as has happened so many times before.

Would leave me with:

GK: Allison, Steklenburg
    DF: Gomez, Lundstrum, Soyuncu, Kelly, Vertonghen (who is soon to be got rid of)
    MF: Son, KDB, Mane, Maddison, Cantwell
    FW: Vardy, Ings, Abraham

Seems like a good idea?

Can you hold off on Son until 24 please? need him to not rise more than .1m before then :o

In all seriousness, Spurs are poison, and though Son is their best player I would wait a week on him. You would be bringing in Ings (Leicester) and Son (Liverpool) so two tough games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

You'd wonder how long Howe will get to turn it around. I've always thought he's a bit overrated, he never seems to change his tactics and his in game management seems poor.

In fairness to Bournemouth, they have been fairly decimated by injuries lately, particularly at the back. If they can get their strongest team back out, they could go on a good run with the fixtures they have coming up. It's been a bit of a crazy season in that there has been no whipping boys and even teams who were looking destined to drop putting runs together, like Watford, Southampton and Newcastle have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ros1234 wrote: »
    I kinda get the Alisson idea, if you can't afford another of TAA/Robbo/VVD/Salah/Mane, it's an extra strength in a position that most of us are struggling with. He's a 6 pointer max tho. So far this season he's only had 2 save points, and zero bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Definitely over thinking it with Wilson, plenty of strikers on form in that range (Ings, Jimenez). Wilson hasn't had any returns since September (3 months/15 gameweeks).

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Locked and loaded for the next few gameweeks. Team value is 106.8 and OR 149k

Fabianski, Pope

TAA, Robbo, Digne, Soyunchu, Lundstram

Mane, KDB, Richarlison, Traoré, Cantwell

Jimi, Vardy, Ings

0.9m in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Needed to iron out two or three places in the team ended up with this.

Henderson / Ryan

TAA Gomez Soyuncu Lundstram / Rico

Mane De Bruyne Maddison / Grelish Cantwell

Vardy Ings Jimenez

1.4 in the bank and happy enough with my team for once haha!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Thinking of ditching Kane for Jiménez this week, Spurs are pure gash and I am fed up with their inconsistency.

Can you hold off on Son until 24 please? need him to not rise more than .1m before then :o

In all seriousness, Spurs are poison, and though Son is their best player I would wait a week on him. You would be bringing in Ings (Leicester) and Son (Liverpool) so two tough games

Good point! I might use 1 transfer this week to get rid of Vertongen and revisit this idea the next week. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

I'll be keeping an eye on the price changes so over the next week, have 2 FT, Heaton and Zaha out.

Nyland @ 4.3 will slot in for Heaton if I want funds elsewhere but Ryan looks the obvious move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

shmeee wrote: »
    I'll be keeping an eye on the price changes so over the next week, have 2 FT, Heaton and Zaha out.

Nyland @ 4.3 will slot in for Heaton if I want funds elsewhere but Ryan looks the obvious move.

How long are you confident of getting out of Nyland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

CSF wrote: »
    How long are you confident of getting out of Nyland?

He will be only getting the odd game if I get him in. Fixture run isn't exactly anything to write home about.

Ryan is the more obvious move but I would mind having the funds elsewhere.

There isn't exactly clean sheets galore this season, only 10 points separate the top 10 Goalies. Some big scores 10+ points on some GW's have shot some keepers way up.

It's not a position to get too bogged down in I feel anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

2FT
    Traore for Shelvey
    Balbuena for Aurier

Have 4 of 6 in for the double week. Fab likely for Gazzaniga with Fornals in for Mount i

What do folks think about having a bench made up of 3(1gk & 2 outfield) super cheap options?

Just looking at getting Salah in? Could do it by downgrading Tammy & Peirea but would mean my bench would be very weak.

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    2FT
    Traore for Shelvey
    Balbuena for Aurier

Have 4 of 6 in for the double week. Fab likely for Gazzaniga with Fornals in for Mount i

If noble is fit would he be a better option than formals?

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    If noble is fit would he be a better option than formals?

Would you think? If West Ham get penalties? Does noble ever do anything other than that in a game.

I've decided I'll be going double Pool attack for the dgwk, now just trying to decide whether to go 3-4-3 or 3-5-2.

3-5-2
    Salah Mané KDB Maddison Grealish
    Vardy Jimi

3-4-3
    Salah Mané KDB Grealish
    Vardy Jimi Deulofeu/Ings

Don't really want to sell Maddison but b probably looks better and would mean I don't have to get a cheap non playing forward to fund it. Thinking Deulofeu for the next 4 and then switch to Ings maybe.

2FT
    Traore for Shelvey
    Balbuena for Aurier

Have you looked at West Ham's fixtures for the dgwk?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Fab save points ahoy :P I'm not sure I'd be doubling up on Hammers, unless somebody really sticks out in the meantime

Absolutely. Use of bench fodder which happens to be West Ham players might sneak a few extra points, maybe not against Pool but they are home. for tother one they’ve defended a lot better. Fab will do ok.

Absolutely. Use of bench fodder which happens to be West Ham players might sneak a few extra points, maybe not against Pool but they are home. for tother one they’ve defended a lot better. Fab will do ok.

Fair enough, hope it works out for you! I won't be getting any West Ham in, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Kane to Jiminez for my FT

Ramsdale
    TAA Lundstram VVD
    Mane Maddison Grealish De Bruyne (c)
    Vardy Jimi Ings

Button Kelly Dunk Dendonker

Minamino playing very far forward. Thoughts on his game time ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

miller82 wrote: »
    Minamino playing very far forward. Thoughts on his game time ?

Minimal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Within two weeks I have to sell one of my strikers to raise a small bit of cash
    It will probably have to be Ings
    It then comes down to maupay or DCL
    Can’t even believe I am typing that. Do not rate DCL at all but he is in form and his fixtures suit my short term plan
    But I still don’t know if I can do it
    If I was going to get him then it may as well be this week given his fixture and Ings .........

I like maupay more as a player but maybe I should just go with it........
    Feels like a mistake though

Looking again at fixtures I am not loving my keepers fixtures at all .......maybe I should double up on pool defence instead of midfield
    Much easier to do and won’t cost me 4 points
    Tough one .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Who to bring in for 2 GWs, Jimenez or Abraham? Going to wildcard after that ahead in Liverpool DGW.

I'm considering Rashford, Mount and Cresswell to Ayew, De Bruyne and Dunk. (4 point hit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Had done Cilson -> DCL the other day. He had a great chance of a header today that he missed from point blank range and the loss today could be terribly demoralising. But on the other hand, there is no better way to get over a bad defeat and that is to win the next game....he is the main striker now too. Cheapest route into Everton attacking points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Had done Cilson -> DCL the other day. He had a great chance of a header today that he missed from point blank range and the loss today could be terribly demoralising. But on the other hand, there is no better way to get over a bad defeat and that is to win the next game....he is the main striker now too. Cheapest route into Everton attacking points.
    He is
    But he isn’t very good
    That’s why he missed the header

I’m not sure I can do it
    But I might have to

• Advertisement
Advertisement