Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Think I'll be going down the 2 LFC defenders route. Hard work for me to get the 2 premium mids in without too much disruption elsewhere

I think TTA, Mane or Salah plus Firmino is a viable option that I'm definately considering. If you look at Firminos stats all his goals this season have been on the road. The transfer can easily be reversed if it doesn't work out. Fitting Mane and Salah compromises the rest of the squad for me and I'm not convinced by two defenders either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    Within two weeks I have to sell one of my strikers to raise a small bit of cash
    It will probably have to be Ings
    It then comes down to maupay or DCL
    Can’t even believe I am typing that. Do not rate DCL at all but he is in form and his fixtures suit my short term plan
    But I still don’t know if I can do it
    If I was going to get him then it may as well be this week given his fixture and Ings .........

I like maupay more as a player but maybe I should just go with it........
    Feels like a mistake though

Looking again at fixtures I am not loving my keepers fixtures at all .......maybe I should double up on pool defence instead of midfield
    Much easier to do and won’t cost me 4 points
    Tough one .......

I'm going 3-5-2 with Greenwood fodder to fit Salah in because I'd rather keep Maddison than go for any of the cheap strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

SlickRic wrote: »
    If that Kane hammy is a bad one, Son could be an option to come back in straight away.

Kane> Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

SkySter wrote: »
    I think TTA, Mane or Salah plus Firmino is a viable option that I'm definately considering. If you look at Firminos stats all his goals this season have been on the road. The transfer can easily be reversed if it doesn't work out. Fitting Mane and Salah compromises the rest of the squad for me and I'm not convinced by two defenders either.

This is much much easier for me to do
    And I could also get fabianski in if I wanted by doing this
    Also removes any captaincy debate between mane and salah

As much as I do not think firmino represents value for money normally if it for free for the double I might do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I'm seriously considering Firmino as my third Liverpool player also. It is the lowest risk option, I'd be worried about all the work I'd have to do to get anyone else and compromises elsewhere, plus the hits required. Bobby also allows an easy out after, can switch to numerous other strikers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Salah in for Richarlison this week. I'll have the three premium Pool players for the DGW (Salah, Mané and TAA)

Might even switch Salah out for Sterling (vs Palace) next week and reverse it for the DGW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

SkySter wrote: »

Firmino's returns don't justify his price. Anytime I've seen Liverpool, he's the least likely of the front 3 to get attacking returns. He's had no home league goal this season too iirc

I'd also say that he has a higher chance of rotation than Salah or Mané

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    This is much much easier for me to do
    And I could also get fabianski in if I wanted by doing this
    Also removes any captaincy debate between mane and salah

As much as I do not think firmino represents value for money normally if it for free for the double I might do it

All Firmino's goals in the league have come away from home so it could turn out to be a good move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I could do Rashford - Firmino for free but definitely will be happier to do Alli/Rashford to Salah/DCL

Watching that Liverpool run of fixtures with TAA, Salah and Mane will be a joy, even if it has cost me £30m :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

CSF wrote: »
    Can someone remind me what is gonna happen on Thursday when Son’s price is unfrozen? Does he go back to 0 or will he come in at some crazy high percentage?

His delta reset to zero when the flag cleared.
    My understanding is that the transfers he's getting now don't count and they're not "stored" until the day his price is unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ElTel wrote: »
    His delta reset to zero when the flag cleared.
    My understanding is that the transfers he's getting now don't count and they're not "stored" until the day his price is unlocked.

Thanks a mill!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Looking at Richarlison & Alli out for Salah & 5.6m (Traore etc) for a hit....rest of midfield is Mane, KDB and Cantwell....worth it or should I hang on???

Just on the Liverpool triple-up, worth noting too that they play Watford the weekend of the League Cup final (GW28), so first potential blank for them would be GW31

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Getting Robertson in for Tomori to triple up with Mane and TAA. As tempting as Salah is I’m happy with the current balance of my team. Salah would mean shipping out Maddison and one of Ings or Rashford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Looking through the transfer talk here... the Milner injury news could be huge!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Wildcard active and jumping between De Bruyne and Son... no other City and Tot coverage and happy with the rest of the team.

Very high KDB ownership so would drop badly if he gathers a haul of points. But very tempted with Son while Kane is out... he's likey to be pushed up in front of goal.

Thoughts?

What’s your current rank ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    Wildcard active and jumping between De Bruyne and Son... no other City and Tot coverage and happy with the rest of the team.

Very high KDB ownership so would drop badly if he gathers a haul of points. But very tempted with Son while Kane is out... he's likey to be pushed up in front of goal.

Thoughts?

KDB in form while Spurs are playing fairly poorly atm

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Looking through the transfer talk here... the Milner injury news could be huge!!

Yup, Salah on penalties, and one less option to rotate the fullbacks for

What’s your current rank ?

Not great... about 2.8m and just into the bottom half of my main league.

• Advertisement

Not great... about 2.8m and just into the bottom half of my main league.

Well now I can see a reason to gamble.

There’ll be better advice available than mine but it’s a gamble that may work. It could kill you but that’s if you’re not already dead.

It’s hard to advise without seeing the rest of your team. If you’re full of differentials then go KDB but if it’s fairly solid then gamble with Son.

There’s no right or wrong.

Edit - sorry but I realise I haven’t really said anything helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Thoughts?

I would question whether Son playing up front increases is scoring potential. A lot of his goals come from finding space on the edge of the box when the CBs are occupied with Kane who is perceived as their main goalscoring threat. I don't think Son will thrive with getting all the attention, particularly given his recent temperament issues so CBs will probably be looking to get in his face and annoy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yup, Salah on penalties, and one less option to rotate the fullbacks for

With Matip nearing fitness I'd be worried taa is benched

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

daheff wrote: »
    With Matip nearing fitness I'd be worried taa is benched

TAA will have a rest of 10 days between last game & next. That will suffice.

In between the DGW matches, Liverpool will play Bristol City or Shrewsbury. TAA will play both league matches and any rotation will be for this cup match (Williams will play at right full & Matip may play centre half with Gomez also getting a rest)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I would question whether Son playing up front increases is scoring potential. A lot of his goals come from finding space on the edge of the box when the CBs are occupied with Kane who is perceived as their main goalscoring threat. I don't think Son will thrive with getting all the attention, particularly given his recent temperament issues so CBs will probably be looking to get in his face and annoy him.

Think the lure is that he might now have the best of both worlds between him and Lucas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

CSF wrote: »
    Think the lure is that he might now have the best of both worlds between him and Lucas

i think Lucas is playing better than Son lately, I think he might out perform him while Kane is out.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    In between the DGW matches, Liverpool will play Bristol City or Shrewsbury. TAA will play both league matches and any rotation will be for this cup match (Williams will play at right full & Matip may play centre half with Gomez also getting a rest)
    The problem for Liverpools DGW is the second game of the DGW is a Wed night, and they play the next GW on the Saturday, so you've still got 3 days between games.

Liverpool are gonna be like that most of the season, with CL and PL games, Everton should have done them a favour and knocked them out last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There's a FA Cup game thrown in in the middle of the DGW.
    There is also a 2 week break after GW25.
    I think what will happen is the the games will be broken up into blocks.

GW23 v Man United - Sunday
    GW24 vs Wolves - Thursday

FA Cup v Bristol / Shrewsbury - Sunday game with all 11 rested.

GW24 v West Ham - Wednesday
    GW25 v Southampton - Saturday.

The likes of Allison, TAA, Gomez, VVD, Robertson, Salah, Firmino, Mane should be able to play all the league games I would think, with the midfielders rotating for the games in between. Sunday -> Thursday is ok for rest, and then they don't play again until the following Wednesday & Saturday for the only real congested period. Origi may start this final game, but 2 out of the front 3 should play.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    i think Lucas is playing better than Son lately, I think he might out perform him while Kane is out.

Interesting... I've managed to swap out a few players and keep KDB and add Lucas too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking of downgrading Heaton to to 4.0 (Pope my other GK), frees up the funds to do Zaha/Rashford to Mane/Connolly for the DGW

Advertisement