Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Thinking of downgrading Heaton to to 4.0 (Pope my other GK), frees up the funds to do Zaha/Rashford to Mane/Connolly for the DGW

I have Pope as my only active GK and will probably use my FT to switch him to Ryan or Foster this week. Tough fixtures coming up and Burnley have looked very poor lately. Have you any other options for getting Mane in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Think I'll be going down the 2 LFC defenders route. Hard work for me to get the 2 premium mids in without too much disruption elsewhere

Actually I've had a look at it turns out I don't need to much disruption to get Mane in! Didn't really want to sell Richy but coming round to the idea

Richarlison & Alli ----> Mane & Cantwell

leaves me a front 8 of

Mane -- Salah -- KDB -- Cantwell -- Grealish

---- Vardy -- Rashford -- Connolly

I also have TAA so in good shape for 24 and beyond. Do not have to pull the trigger until next week either so no hit involved

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've done Pope to Foster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The problem for Liverpools DGW is the second game of the DGW is a Wed night, and they play the next GW on the Saturday, so you've still got 3 days between games.

Liverpool are gonna be like that most of the season, with CL and PL games, Everton should have done them a favour and knocked them out last week

But then remember what team they put out in the 3rd round. And not just against any old team either but Everton! The FA Cup is nothing but a distraction. The fans want that league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Anyone else with a crocked Kane wondering what to do? Thinking a straight swap for a reliable Auba is the way to go.

Have Vardy and Ings already, and I like my midfield of KDB, Martial, Mane and Grealish, so I'm not sure spreading the funds elsewhere makes sense right now (maybe in a couple of weeks to get Salah), so Auba seems fairly clearly the best option I can afford.

Rashford is another option with a juicy home fixture against Norwich but already have United cover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

loadwire wrote:
    I have Pope as my only active GK and will probably use my FT to switch him to Ryan or Foster this week. Tough fixtures coming up and Burnley have looked very poor lately. Have you any other options for getting Mane in?

Well Heaton needs to go and I dont want -4 to get rid of another GK. Other option is Pope to Nyland and then Zaha/Rashford to Salah/Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Done Pope to Ryan as Pope looks close to dropping. Have another transfer but will wait until after the Carabao cup games, just in case there is a significant injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Think I’ll bank
    Need a week to think about Liverpool options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Morzadec wrote: »
    Anyone else with a crocked Kane wondering what to do? Thinking a straight swap for a reliable Auba is the way to go.

I'll be going with Auba as my Kane replacement. Arsenal seem to be getting it together under Arteta and have a decent run of fixtures. Auba has always scored regularly, even if playing on the left. Laca isn't exactly banging them in so even when he starts up top, he often gets taken off and Auba shifts in. I know there are always risks associated with putting your fate in Arsenal but the alternatives aren't great so I'll be bringing in Auba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Morzadec wrote: »

Have Vardy and Ings already, and I like my midfield of KDB, Martial, Mane and Grealish, so I'm not sure spreading the funds elsewhere makes sense right now (maybe in a couple of weeks to get Salah), so Auba seems fairly clearly the best option I can afford.

Rashford is another option with a juicy home fixture against Norwich but already have United cover

I have Kane and a spare transfer and want to get a third pool player (already have Mane/TAA) so thinking Kane/Kelly to Gerry D/Robertson, or maybe try and get Salah over 2 weeks.
    Also if Vardy doesn’t play tomorrow night that becomes another problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I did Pope to McCarthy to free up funds. Hoping he'll match Ryan/Foster, Saints defensive stats have been decent last 4 gameweeks.

I did Pope to McCarthy to free up funds. Hoping he'll match Ryan/Foster, Saints defensive stats have been decent last 4 gameweeks.

My FT this week will be getting rid of Pope.

McCarthy is a great price but he plays against my attackers in 3 of the next 4.

Not great fixtures for him either until that improves from GW 26.

I’m down to Ryan or Henderson.

km79 wrote: »
    Think I’ll bank
    Need a week to think about Liverpool options

And the more I think about it the more I come back to the go hard or go home approach ...........
    How many will have the plans and funds in place for salah and mane double up
    Huge opportunity

I’ll prob end up wildcarding soon after 24 anyway
    Normally would have used it by then !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

My FT this week will be getting rid of Pope.

McCarthy is a great price but he plays against my attackers in 3 of the next 4.

Not great fixtures for him either until that improves from GW 26.

I’m down to Ryan or Henderson.

Yeah I'm hoping for save points in the next 4 games. He's a sacrifice to get Salah in so hopefully will be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Almost 250,000 transfers out (and a price drop) for Vardy this game week
    He's still (just ahead of KDB and Mane) the highest scoring player in the game and should be back fit, don't get why people are dropping him.
    Is it a knee jerk reaction to the injury or are people bringing in someone cheaper to make money for 3 liverpool premiums in the short term or what's happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Almost 250,000 transfers out (and a price drop) for Vardy this game week
    He's still (just ahead of KDB and Mane) the highest scoring player in the game and should be back fit, don't get why people are dropping him.
    Is it a knee jerk reaction to the injury or are people bringing in someone cheaper to make money for 3 liverpool premiums in the short term or what's happening?

Yep no idea why . He’s back for this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I dropped him before the last GW

I think Leicester will tighten up a lot and not be as free scoring as in the first half of the season

It’s a gamble but I was in on the ground floor, captained him GW7 for his brace against Newcastle. Hope to get out at the penthouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Green&Red wrote: »

I think Leicester will tighten up a lot and not be as free scoring as in the first half of the season

It’s a gamble but I was in on the ground floor, captained him GW7 for his brace against Newcastle. Hope to get out at the penthouse

They have scored 5 goals in their last 2 games, away from home and without Vardy. What makes you think they will tighten up?

Next 3 games are Southampton (h), Burnley (a), West Ham (h), Chelsea (h).

I can afford one more price drop in him before I lose resale value, and will plan to keep him for them 4 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Why? Their manager only knows one way to play. They actually an excellent defensive record this season, second fewest goals conceded, is it really possible for them to tighten up any more? They are 14 points ahead of Utd in 5th so have a serious buffer before they would drop out of the CL places, can't see what they would gain from a change in approach.

Can't understand it with those 3 fixtures. It is something I am going to look at when I wildcard after that but not yet. Standout captain for me this weekend too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I don't think there will be a change in approach, it's more that the season is possibly going to start catching up with them. I dropped Vardy a couple of weeks ago as I thought they were starting to look a little tired. They've a small enough squad I think.

In the second half of the season when they won they league, there was way more grinding out 1-0/2-1 wins than blowing teams away, and not as many hauls for Vardy. That was grand as he was still cheap enough, but he's 10m now so it's a bit different. Still a big gamble to drop him of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

tailgunner wrote: »
    I don't think there will be a change in approach, it's more that the season is possibly going to start catching up with them. I dropped Vardy a couple of weeks ago as I thought they were starting to look a little tired. They've a small enough squad I think.

In the second half of the season when they won they league, there was way more grinding out 1-0/2-1 wins than blowing teams away, and not as many hauls for Vardy. That was grand as he was still cheap enough, but he's 10m now so it's a bit different. Still a big gamble to drop him of course.

But that was 5 seasons ago, and they didn't have Brendan Rodgers as their manager then either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

FitzShane wrote: »
    But that was 5 seasons ago, and they didn't have Brendan Rodgers as their manager then either!

Only 4 seasons ago! But I take your point, I can't claim it was recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Looking at a Kane replacement for the next two weeks when I'll be bringing in a cheap forward to fund transfering in Salah (possibly DCL or Maupay). My other two forwards are Vardy and Ings and they're staying. The obvious choice seems Rashford, but Auba or Aguero are tempting me. Any thoughts guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I did Aurier and Pope out for Sidibé and Foster with my two free transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

SkySter wrote: »
    Looking at a Kane replacement for the next two weeks when I'll be bringing in a cheap forward to fund transfering in Salah (possibly DCL or Maupay). My other two forwards are Vardy and Ings and they're staying. The obvious choice seems Rashford, but Auba or Aguero are tempting me. Any thoughts guys?

I'd rule out Rashford from the ones you mentioned.

For two weeks I'd consider Tammy also. The FA cup replays factor into my thinking here and by extension I would consider Salah a week earlier and so maybe just get in DCL/Maupay this week.

I'll probably get DCL for King this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Have exact money for Aguero, Tammy, Maddison to Salah, Maupay, DCL.

But it's for a -8 so I'll wait until next week. Please don't go up in price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Different managers than previous seasons, where is all this thinking of them slowing down on the scoring front coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have exact money for Aguero, Tammy, Maddison to Salah, Maupay, DCL.

But it's for a -8 so I'll wait until next week. Please don't go up in price :(

Maupay's the one to monitor. Aguero and Maddison could rise soon too if that helps. You can make next weels transfers Friday if you're feeling brave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Different managers than previous seasons, where is all this thinking of them slowing down on the scoring front coming from?
    I don't think they will, but Villa doing a fine example of how to play a deep back 5 and supress Vardy.

Advertisement