Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodge cash

Options
  • 01-01-2020 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have some cash from selling my car, can i go to branch and lodge it to the account of another guy i am buying a new car from if i have his account number? What fees apply??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi there,

Thanks for linking in with us here, we hope you have enjoyed the festive period.

You can certainly lodge the cash to either your account or the seller's account. You can do this by popping down to your nearest branch and using a Lodgement ATM. Here's a link to our branch locator to find your nearest external LATM so you can even lodge after Banking hours.

https://www.bankofireland.com/branch-locator/

When making the lodgement you will enter your Visa debit card and PIN to the LATM. Then you can select either "lodge to own account" or "lodge to a 3rd party account". If you select "lodge to 3rd party account" you will be asked to enter the other person's account number, sort code and the a reference. The reference is generally your own name or reason for payment. Once all the details have been entered, a drawer will open and you can pop in the cash. I've included a link below to more info on 3rd party lodgements. There is a 25cent transaction fee for ATM/LATM usage. This is calculated and debited in the quarterly charges.

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/can-lodge-cash-another-persons-bank-ireland-account/

We hope this information helps and please let us know if you have any further queries.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement