Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hive not heating water

• 01-01-2020 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Got hive connected to Vokera minute 16 about 6 months ago.
    Was going grand but now does not turn on to heat water.
    It does turn on to heat the house.

Does that seem like a hive or boiler fault and who should we get to repair it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Sounds more like your hot water motorised valve has failed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

It is the motorised valve.
    Used the manual over ride lever and she fired up.

The valve is from Pulsar direct who have gone out of business, can I still get the part or would I need to change the entire valve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

It is the motorised valve.
    Used the manual over ride lever and she fired up.

The valve is from Pulsar direct who have gone out of business, can I still get the part or would I need to change the entire valve?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

for the pulsar valves the direct replacement is the 'Orkli' valve available in Heatmerchants, you will need the 'head only'

If doing this yourself, make sure you correctly isolate all electrics (and prove) before working on electrical systems.

Or online:
    https://www.plumbingproducts.ie/motorised-valves-ireland/5228-orkli-motorised-valve-actuator-only.html

Advertisement