Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking Visit

Options
  • 01-01-2020 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi all

Currently 14+3 and wondering about my booking visit.

We had our scan at 12 weeks and were told the next would be around the 20 week mark.

Asked my doctor when I should expect my booking visit and she said it will be around then too.

Is this normal? Going public in Sligo University Hospital.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EllieB

Hi Nessa,

I’m also in Sligo as a public patient and had my booking visit at 11 weeks, before my first scan which was at 13+3 weeks. I think it just depends on how busy they are but I would be very surprised if you didn’t get an appointment for the booking visit within the next couple of weeks. I’ve never heard of anyone waiting until 20 weeks. I’d had the booking visit plus 2 clinic visits by 20 weeks although I am classed as high risk due to gestational diabetes.

Have to say, I’m on my 3rd pregnancy and find Sligo excellent in terms of antenatal care.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭nessa

EllieB wrote: »
    Hi Nessa,

I’m also in Sligo as a public patient and had my booking visit at 11 weeks, before my first scan which was at 13+3 weeks. I think it just depends on how busy they are but I would be very surprised if you didn’t get an appointment for the booking visit within the next couple of weeks. I’ve never heard of anyone waiting until 20 weeks. I’d had the booking visit plus 2 clinic visits by 20 weeks although I am classed as high risk due to gestational diabetes.

Have to say, I’m on my 3rd pregnancy and find Sligo excellent in terms of antenatal care.

Hi EllieB,

Thanks for the reply. I’m considered low risk as far as I am aware so maybe that’s why. Doctor seemed to think it was normal to wait this long. First baby so everything is new, we looked like two deers in headlights heading for the scan.

Had the loveliest lady for our scan so already feeling good about it all.

Might see if I can find a number to call and enquire about my booking visit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

The hospital might have a central appointments dept, if you were to ring the main hospital and ask to be put through to outpatients dept, someone there might be able to help you!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Uptheduff

I'm attending Sligo as well. I had my booking appointment at about 16 weeks, 3 weeks after my first scan. It all becomes clearer once you've had the booking apt. I felt a bit in the dark about what was going on until then

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭nessa

Uptheduff wrote: »
    I'm attending Sligo as well. I had my booking appointment at about 16 weeks, 3 weeks after my first scan. It all becomes clearer once you've had the booking apt. I felt a bit in the dark about what was going on until then

Ah ok, maybe I’ll hear something soon. We had our first scan 2 weeks ago so maybe with Christmas there’s a longer wait

• Advertisement
Advertisement