Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

Well we are still guessing as to what the big reveal will be...there's actually no guarantee that any of these people will play any part in the final reveal after the 80's and 90's episodes.
    And if anyone is being honest, it's obvious the production so far is of a lower standard...it's not even close.
    But as I said, I will stick with it... only in the hopes that the show will finally redeem itself in the second half

You realise that the lower standard is because they are trying to mimic the old shows? Thats why it is in black and white and then 4-3.

I like it more than I expected. I am not marvel geek but I have watched about half of them, and what's good to me is how the episodes are fairly self contained and often funny in their own way. The magic show for instance.

As to what is going on, it seems fairly clear to me who is controlling this and why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Incorrect assumption is incorrect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Episode 4.
    Woo seems to have been practicing his close up magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

In Marvel we Trust.

Opening took me by surprise, took me a minute to realise what was happening.

On a unrelated note, I guess this confirms that all the people who got blipped while on a plane didn't have a happy ending since Monica returned to the exact same spot she was in 5 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Varik wrote: »
    Episode 4.
    Woo seems to have been practicing his close up magic.

Yeah, loved that part.

Also
    On Woos board "Why is it a hexagon?"...could it still be AIM (use a hexagon as their symbol) or just a TV transmission reference (some old sets used multiple hexagons to display images).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

shawki wrote: »
    In Marvel we Trust.

Opening took me by surprise, took me a minute to realise what was happening.

On a unrelated note, I guess this confirms that all the people who got blipped while on a plane didn't have a happy ending since Monica returned to the exact same spot she was in 5 years ago.

Cool to see ones coming back.
    Think the last Spidey showed a bit on news, but think they just appeared rather than undusting. But seeing ones coming back I was thinking what happens if they come back where someone else is. Like if someone was sitting in the chair Monica was sitting in.

And we got a timeline of when it takes place anyway. 3 weeks after the return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bloody brilliant.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

That was amazing. Closer and closer to the House of M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

So I watched ep1 and gave up, not a Marvel fan boy but do enjoy the genre - should I have persevered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

1-3 were sh1te, but 4 was superb. To be honest, I think you could skip 2 and 3 without missing much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

1-3 were sh1te, but 4 was superb. To be honest, I think you could skip 2 and 3 without missing much.

Except the entire setup and premise for the show and almost everything that's referenced in this episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

4 is only superb because it answers alot of the questions episode 1-3 laid out

Put it this way... if you started on ep 4, having skipped 1-3, what would you miss? The fact that they're in a sitcom reality? You'd pick that up in ep 4 easily.

1-3 were unnecessary. 4 was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Honestly some of the complaints about this show just seem like trolling at this stage. To suggest you could skip the episode where Wanda is pregnant and gives birth to twins and ejects another character, fúcking hell.

Episode 4 was fantastic, I usually don't like episodes
    that go back in time because they can sometimes feel like filler
    but what was great and gave some really important context. I'll come back later when more people have watched it.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    To suggest you could skip the episode where Wanda is pregnant and gives birth to twins and ejects another character, fúcking hell.

Both of these also happen in ep 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Both of these also happen in ep 4!

Yeh but you see it from the perspective of the people in SWORD so you're getting what's almost a recap when there's a lot more in that episodes that adds to the mystery and characters. Wanda isn't even pregnant until the end of episode 2 and Monica/Geraldine doesn't show up till episode 2 either so her ejection means nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

I've seen Marvel films over the years but I wouldn't say I am totally invested in the MCU. I found the idea of this show intriguing so I said I'd give it a go.

I tend to watch TV shows more than film so I appreciate the episodic nature of Wandavision but it's obvious not everyone is a fan of this truncated format. And this is perhaps down to Netflix, who, for the most part, release all episodes of a season in one go. Disney+, and Amazon Prime to an extent when it released season two of The Boys, obviously prefer to release it weekly. It spreads their new content over a longer period time and it, which I believe more in Disney's case, makes people subscribe for longer and therefore earn the House of M more money. Netflix is in the fortunate position of having so much content that it can constantly throw out something new, which can then be followed by something new again. Disney+ is still new to the streaming scene and their lack of new content also forces them to release it sparingly.

This is why a lot of people are frustrated. They want it all now, à la Netflix, and are not happy to have to wait around. I, too, have often fallen prey to this Netflix state of mind, but I must admit that I'm enjoying the weekly release of Wandavision. If anything, I find the episodes are a bit too short. As you soon as you get into one, the closing credits aren't too far away.

Controversial opinion but I would have preferred if Episode 4 had happened later. I know more sitcom eras are going to be used going forward but the mystery of it has been taken away a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

tbahh wrote: »
    makes people subscribe for longer and therefore earn the House of M more money.

#UnintendedReference

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Wanda isn't even pregnant until the end of episode 2 and Monica/Geraldine doesn't show up till episode 2 either so her ejection means nothing.

Seriously, do you think it needed 90 minutes of program to get to that?

Look, I'm delighted that you and others enjoyed eps 1-3. I found them ridiculously long for a couple of key scenes, that ultimately, were shown again in ep 4 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This is why a lot of people are frustrated. They want it all now, à la Netflix, and are not happy to have to wait around. I, too, have often fallen prey to this Netflix state of mind, but I must admit that I'm enjoying the weekly release of Wandavision. If anything, I find the episodes are a bit too short. As you soon as you get into one, the closing credits aren't too far away.

No, people are frustrated because the first 3 episodes were shíte. It has nothing to do with not being able to binge watch it. There are plenty of great shows that are released weekly that don't get the same response. That is because those shows aren't ****e. We can see this show is going somewhere potentially great so is worth sticking with but it means having to put up with the rubbish that is the sitcom side of things. The solution here was to make the sitcom side of things actually decent.
    Controversial opinion but I would have preferred if Episode 4 had happened later. I know more sitcom eras are going to be used going forward but the mystery of it has been taken away a bit.

I would agree with you here. I loved the mystery part of it and would love to have seen it teased out a bit more. However, I have a feeling it's going to be a split between the sitcom and the real world from now on so it was necessary to do this episode now. On the positive side, the sitcom parts taking up less of the screen time should make the episodes far, far better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

shawki wrote: »
    #UnintendedReference

Or was it? ;)
    No, people are frustrated because the first 3 episodes were shíte. It has nothing to do with not being able to binge watch it. There are plenty of great shows that are released weekly that don't get the same response. That is because those shows aren't ****e. We can see this show is going somewhere potentially great so is worth sticking with but it means having to put up with the rubbish that is the sitcom side of things. The solution here was to make the sitcom side of things actually decent.

I would agree with you here. I loved the mystery part of it and would love to have seen it teased out a bit more. However, I have a feeling it's going to be a split between the sitcom and the real world from now on so it was necessary to do this episode now. On the positive side, the sitcom parts taking up less of the screen time should make the episodes far, far better.

I'd hardly call the episodes shíte. It is trying something different. It is a television series that has branched out from a film series and the consequences of this television series are apparently setting up what is to happen in this new Phase. Divisive? Sure! Sometimes annoying? Probably! Shíte? Not at all.

Yeah, I can imagine it'll be us watching Kat Denning's character watching WandaVision.

As an aside, the name is starting to make more sense now since it is apparently Wanda's vision of this new world, even going as far to set up Wanda as the villain in her own story. However, I think it'll be probably be Kathryn Hahn's character who is the main baddie and somehow manipulating Wanda in this distorted reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

As an aside, the name is starting to make more sense now since it is apparently Wanda's vision of this new world, even going as far to set up Wanda as the villain in her own story. However, I think it'll be probably be Kathryn Hahn's character who is the main baddie and somehow manipulating Wanda in this distorted reality.

Yeah I'm guessing there's more to it than it just being Wanda who created this off her own back. Even the little bit of her we saw at the funeral in Endgame, while obviously still grieving for Vision, trapping an entire town of people in an alternate reality bubble she created to bring Vision back doesn't seem like something she would have done three weeks later. I also doubt they would have Wanda be the villian for the show, so there's definitely more going on and someone else who helped engineer this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I'm guessing there's more to it than it just being Wanda who created this off her own back. Even the little bit of her we saw at the funeral in Endgame, while obviously still grieving for Vision, trapping an entire town of people in an alternate reality bubble she created to bring Vision back doesn't seem like something she would have done three weeks later. I also doubt they would have Wanda be the villian for the show, so there's definitely more going on and someone else who helped engineer this.

Yeah, the way she reacts at the end after Geraldine "had to leave" makes it look like she didnt have much control over it/was shocked by it.

Also
    at the point she lost focus and we see dead eyed, migraine suffering Vision; since everyone else is real but being puppeted along to an extent....does that mean Wanda is marionetting the corpse of her dead BF around this whole time? Creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Darcy Lewis Astro Physics hahahaha took me a few minutes to figure that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Great episode, but I have some serious issues with the season.

It’s absolutely criminal viewing this weekly. If ever a show made a case for the Netflix dump approach, this is it.

The show could have been enjoyed 10 fold if all the episodes were released at once. Honestly, when the credits rolled on this, part of me actually thought it was a cold opening, with a delayed title sequence, but boom, it’s over.

So here we are, half way through this, the first 3 episodes are basically exposition, followed by a teaser of a fourth. I knew the payoff for this was gonna be good, but it’s been absolute bollox getting here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

I'm enjoying this immensley. For the people complaining that it should be released altogether why don't you just wait and binge it?

I'd love to know the age breakdown between the 2 viewpoints on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

pah wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this immensley. For the people complaining that it should be released altogether why don't you just wait and binge it?

I'd love to know the age breakdown between the 2 viewpoints on this.

Yeah. Raging I didn’t wait. I held out for both Mandalorians and felt it improved the experience on that show. Anyways, looks like we are into the juicy parts now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Don't get this one
    Continuity error the people coming back from the snap all rematerialised right where they vanished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Don't get this one
    Continuity error the people coming back from the snap all rematerialised right where they vanished

I don’t see that as a error, think that was established in Spider-Man Far from home
    people materialised where they disappeared. There’s a brief video where it’s a mobile video of teenagers just appearing on the basketball court

Advertisement