Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

pah wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this immensley. For the people complaining that it should be released altogether why don't you just wait and binge it?

I'd love to know the age breakdown between the 2 viewpoints on this.

That's a tad condescending. This is the format they chose to release it in so people are entitled to their opinions on whether it works or not. Nothing to do with someone being too young to "get it" like you seemingly do.

I liked this episode anyway because again, the cast is elevating the content. Kat Dennings and Randall Park were great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

Fantastic episode. Really enjoyed it, and very much makes eps 1-3 have meaning. We were trying tu figure out the mystery as an audience the same way sword were trying to figure it out as outsiders.

Good things come to those who wait, and I'm looking forward to next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

very short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Monica wasn't just pretending to be Geraldine?
    Wonder what happened Agent Franklin after Wanda's "No"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Brilliant episode. And I loved the narrative that Sword and the FBI were exactly as flummoxed but as engaged/invested as most of the audience

General marvel complaint - anyone else hate that they're calling the effects of the Snap and desnap 'the blip'? Just such a small word to describe such a massive sequence of events that had such massive impact on the universe. That's probably the point but it bugged me in Far From Home and it bugs me now :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

After this episode it has me intrigued more about the MCU and it's direction. This episode was the clearest indication yet we've gotten of how much chaos the blip has caused. Of course we guessed it, but this is the first time we've actually seen it with hospitals over run.

Time travel and the consequences is going to be a driving point over the next Phases I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Brilliant episode. And I loved the narrative that Sword and the FBI were exactly as flummoxed but as engaged/invested as most of the audience

General marvel complaint - anyone else hate that they're calling the effects of the Snap and desnap 'the blip'? Just such a small word to describe such a massive sequence of events that had such massive impact on the universe. That's probably the point but it bugged me in Far From Home and it bugs me now :o

I agree with the first point, SWORD is the audience's was into the world, we saw Woo writing the same questions on the white board as we've seen asked here so presumably we will get answers to them.

What bothers me most about the blip is that everyone calls it the snap and they call it that for a reason, clicking your fingers makes a snapping sound it's just the logical thing to call. So I'm truly baffles why they went with blip.

I'm wondering if the twins will age at an accelerated rate as well and if so there was a certain piece of casting that would be a nice tie to the multiverse theory
    Evan Peters was cast and rumours that he was reprising his role as Quicksilver but maybe he's playing Tommy who in the comics is a speedster like his uncle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

FunLover18 wrote: »
    What bothers me most about the blip is that everyone calls it the snap and they call it that for a reason, clicking your fingers makes a snapping sound it's just the logical thing to call. So I'm truly baffles why they went with blip.

That annoys me too, Tony Stark refers to it as the snap in endgame and he was part of the Sokovia Accords so he would have reported it to the Government as the snap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

Some pretty big midseason leaks have been dropped tonight on reddit/instagram.

So avoid any marvel related comment sections from now on I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

shawki wrote: »
    That annoys me too, Tony Stark refers to it as the snap in endgame and he was part of the Sokovia Accords so he would have reported it to the Government as the snap.

It could have been a thing that people had called it the blip before Tony came back and told them about the snap. I think he was stuck in space for a bit after it. I agree the snap is a better term, but they're going with the blip.

• Advertisement

I think the Snap is the disappearance and the Blip is the reappearance.

Also once people know a term they stick with it even over the official term. So they may have heard it called the Snap but still called it the Blip.
    For example in the Madalorian
    how many call him Baby Yoda and how many call him by either of the official names?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4: That was great! What I'm really wondering at the moment is whether
    the kids were conceived before Vision was killed and that's gonna explain their rapid aging.

Smacruairi wrote: »
    Fantastic episode. Really enjoyed it, and very much makes eps 1-3 have meaning. We were trying tu figure out the mystery as an audience the same way sword were trying to figure it out as outsiders.

Bingo. We were basically in the same boat as Darcy and Woo

Also, in regards to the comedy of the pastfew episodes? I think people are severly rose tinting the quality of the comedy in the period shows. Watch an episode of I Dream of Genie or Bewitched and tell me they raise so much as a chuckle, nowadays

Also, in regards to the comedy of the pastfew episodes? I think people are severly rose tinting the quality of the comedy in the period shows. Watch an episode of I Dream of Genie or Bewitched and tell me they raise so much as a chuckle, nowadays

Yeh, I watched the top 5 Dick van Dyke episodes as recommended by some online entertainment mag and only the top 2 were any good. The Mary Tyler Moore show didn't raise a laugh for me so I stopped after two episodes. I don't even rate Cheers that much from what I have seen but there was the odd laugh and comedy did get better from the 80s on.

By that standard the second episode of Wanda vision was very funny.

I love this show, it's clever. Hating the comedy show episodes makes no sense - episode 4 was good but only because of the previous 3 episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Garbage ep. That's me out

A nice homage to Twin Peaks last ep to these 2 idiots babbling on

wandavision_episode_4_darcy_lewis_1611914880841.jpg

I'll watch one more actually to see if it goes down the awful cliche MCU crap, although I dunno why I was expecting it to be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yeah I thought it was just me, but ep 4 also not doing it for me, the show has been sh*te overall. I don't really know any of the backstory or about the marvel universe or anything so maybe I'm just the wrong audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah I thought it was just me, but ep 4 also not doing it for me, the show has been sh*te overall. I don't really know any of the backstory or about the marvel universe or anything so maybe I'm just the wrong audience.

Same but the acting was some of the worst I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

Maybe, I've seen plenty MCU fans complaining also though. For me there's a lot of MCU world building going on and I'm into that, I'm invested after watching and rewatching the movies and series from the last 13 years.

Nice to see returning characters

-Monica Rambeau all grown up from Captain Marvel
    -Darcy back after Thor 2
    -Jimmy Woo back after Ant-Man
    -Ultron reference

Because of the comic book history I'm aware of the larger impact on the MCU that Scarlet Witch may have going forward with Dr Strange 2 and the multiverse on the way.

I liked the callbacks to the old sitcoms I would have watched as a kid, even though they were old AF back then in the late 80's.

Now I'm not saying this is groundbreaking TV or anything but it is a bit different to anything I've seen in a good while and for me it's very enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The next 2 episodes have leaked online with Disney taking action against the leaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Smacruairi wrote: »

Totally agree.
    Really strong episode.
    It was good to have something a little bit more conventional tbh after the opening 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

After this episode it has me intrigued more about the MCU and it's direction. This episode was the clearest indication yet we've gotten of how much chaos the blip has caused. Of course we guessed it, but this is the first time we've actually seen it with hospitals over run.

Time travel and the consequences is going to be a driving point over the next Phases I think.

Now this is a huge speculation on my part but
    could there be an undercurrent of people trying to "remake" some of the stones, using existing characters as channeling points for it!

We know the stones are just crystalisations of energy from the big bang, but when Thanos "Used the stones to destroy the stones!" that doesnt mean that energy is gone (you cant destroy energy, just change its state), just redistributed into the universe again, waiting to be harnessed.

So Wanda got her powers from the Mind Stone...so could someone be tricking her into unknowingly reforming the stone, acting as lightning rod for the energy? We know someone is trying to make her create children all the none-so-subtle hints in the 2nd Ep "for the children"....could they be a "host" of sorts for the Mind Stones energy?
    As for the other stones: Cpt Marvel got her powers from the Space Stone, 4 of the main GotG used the Power Stone, Natalie Portmans char (who is returning in Thor 4) housed the Reality Stone for a time, Time Stone....so much time travel chicanery and Multiverse stuff in Dr Strange its probably a guess someone could use the Eye of Agamotto as a conduit to recreate the stone it once housed, and the Soul Stone....it never implied the stone was just sitting there so if some also sacrificed someone there would they get a new one? And how did Cap "give it back"...shouldnt Black Widow come back or something then?

Maybe I'm just overthinking things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thanks, I'll seek them out shortly. :D

That'll just mean you've a 3 week wait after that. I'd rather wait tbh

That'll just mean you've a 3 week wait after that. I'd rather wait tbh

Yeah and spend the next two weeks dodging some, apparently, important spoilers.
    That's the issue at hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

Yeah and spend the next two weeks dodging some, apparently, important spoilers.
    That's the issue at hand

To be fair, I think it's easier to avoid Wanda spoilers than say game of thrones!

I don't plan on watching, mainly because leaked episodes are usually lower quality. But after googling it seems there are only spoilers for the episodes leaked and not the episodes.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I don't plan on watching, mainly because leaked episodes are usually lower quality. But after googling it seems there are only spoilers for the episodes leaked and not the episodes.

No, there are articles of people saying that they were able to obtain the video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah I can't seem to find anything about full episodes been leaked at all in the usual places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

I like the way the broadcast panned slowly from 4:3 to widescreen as we zoomed into the Wanda/Geraldine conflict on the computer screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

tbahh wrote: »
    Controversial opinion but I would have preferred if Episode 4 had happened later. I know more sitcom eras are going to be used going forward but the mystery of it has been taken away a bit.

Agree with this but given the complaints we're seeing here about the show for the first 3 episodes 'dragging', I'm not surprised they dropped this real world relatively early.

We also have to keep in mind that we're about halfway through the season and there likely won't be a season 2. They don't have the liberty to drag things out too long if they are going to tie most pieces up in the remaining episodes, though obviously certain items will roll into the upcoming movies.

Advertisement