Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

After this episode it has me intrigued more about the MCU and it's direction. This episode was the clearest indication yet we've gotten of how much chaos the blip has caused. Of course we guessed it, but this is the first time we've actually seen it with hospitals over run.

Time travel and the consequences is going to be a driving point over the next Phases I think.

Marvel have been great with using big incidents to drive stories in other movies and shows - for example battle of New York, Sokovia, Civil War.

It would be completely shocking if the snap and the impacts of time travel do not drive most of the initial content of Phase 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

pah wrote: »
    I like the way the broadcast panned slowly from 4:3 to widescreen as we zoomed into the Wanda/Geraldine conflict on the computer screen.

I loved this effect too, and I got chills when it happened at the end of episode 3 when Geraldine/Monica was ejected from Westview and we transitioned from 4:3 TV-land to 16:9 real-world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

For people like me who don't remember/connect everything in the MCU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Could someone try to explain why it's S.W.O.R.D. and not S.H.E.I.L.D. that are working on this? Do ABC still own the rights or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

flazio wrote: »
    Could someone try to explain why it's S.W.O.R.D. and not S.H.E.I.L.D. that are working on this? Do ABC still own the rights or something?

ABC is Disney.

They are just introducing S.W.O.R.D into the MCU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭quokula

Yeah I thought it was just me, but ep 4 also not doing it for me, the show has been sh*te overall. I don't really know any of the backstory or about the marvel universe or anything so maybe I'm just the wrong audience.

Yeah I kind of feel the same. I've watched most of the movies because they're good popcorn flicks but find them immediately forgettable upon leaving cinema, so I went in with a general idea of who the characters were and not too much else, but I like the idea of marvel production values being applied to something a bit more nuanced and thought the premise was intriguing.

But so far, the first couple of episodes were 99% sitting through bad sitcoms and 1% hinting that something good might happen later. Episode 3 started getting interesting and really built up the mystery. But then episode 4 just killed it by exposing everything.

A good mystery keeps drip feeding you hints while opening up more questions and keeps the intrigue up, but this barely drip fed anything then gave it all away at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

quokula wrote: »
    Yeah I kind of feel the same. I've watched most of the movies because they're good popcorn flicks but find them immediately forgettable upon leaving cinema, so I went in with a general idea of who the characters were and not too much else, but I like the idea of marvel production values being applied to something a bit more nuanced and thought the premise was intriguing.

But so far, the first couple of episodes were 99% sitting through bad sitcoms and 1% hinting that something good might happen later. Episode 3 started getting interesting and really built up the mystery. But then episode 4 just killed it by exposing everything.

A good mystery keeps drip feeding you hints while opening up more questions and keeps the intrigue up, but this barely drip fed anything then gave it all away at once.

Well I still have a lot of questions. I think episode 4 did a great job of answering some minor questions like the bee handler, how Monica got into the town, who was watching the show but it left a lot to answer. Wanda clearly had some role in the situation but how much is still in question. Who is broadcasting the show and why? Who.is Woo's witness, that is surely going to be relevant. What will happen the twins and how real are they? Maybe you could explain it all in spoiler tags and we'll see how right you were when the series is over.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Maybe this is blindingly obvious to most but
    It would seem that Wanda created and is maintaining the sitcom as a way to keep Vision alive and has partly made herself oblivious to it so she can't remember the horror of the real world. I presume she did all that when she 'blipped' and realised Vision wasn't blipping back too. She will now do everything possible to stop the outside world from infiltrating her fantasy world as she knows that will be the end of Vision and most likely her twins too as they are possibly only alive within the sitcom world.

quokula wrote: »

I get what you're saying but they have to tie this whole thing up in 9 episodes and Geraldine/Monica getting booted out is a great point in time to do that recap of what is going on outside so we can start seeing what is happening on both sides together as we move towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

S.W.O.R.D is another agency in this case they were set up to deal with space related situations and kind of grow outwards after Captain Marvel, S.H.I.E.L.D. was more cold war terrorism war related and up until the end of the show didn't deal with stuff not on earth, that show got way out 9f hand really. If you look up the acronym followed by comic mcu or marvel it will explain who and what the two different agencies are and do it may spoil some stuff too so beware of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Some general thoughts based on some of the things posted in this thread:

Blip vs Snap: Blip and Snap refer to two slightly different concepts. The Snap is when people all disappeared 5 years ago. The Blip is the Snap and the reappearance 5 years later.

Where people reappeared: The directors of Endgame confirmed that people came back wherever it was safe for them to do so. So some people came back where they disappeared from (like Monica in the empty hospital chair in Ep 4) and some where moved to somewhere safer (people in planes came back on land).

The show taking it's time: On the one hand, the first 3 episodes were kind of slow and while the classic sitcom trappings were done well, they are not exactly modern comedic fair (especially outside of the US, where the likes of Bewitched etc. didn't travel as far). But on the other hand, if they only kept with it the for the first 10/15 minutes of the first episode, how many people would be complaining about them being pointless for being so sparingly used? That Disney is too afraid to change up the MCU and try something new for a little while?
    If we only saw the show from Darcy's POV outside of Westview, then we wouldn't have seen how deep Wanda is in the delusion and how hard she is trying to keep it going. At the moment it's a toss up between Wanda being entirely behind this (she snapped due to her grief) or Wanda was manipulated into doing this (Jimmy Woo's missing witness is a bit of a coincidence if it doesn't have anything to do with anything Wanda is doing). If the show started from episode 4, then I don't think it would feel like Wanda might actually be the antagonist (even with Monica saying it's all her). It would just feel like she must be mind controlled or something like that.

An ad for last week's episode of this show popped up on my feed and something connected with me that didn't at the time. Despite being outside of the bubble Geraldine/Monica's clothes remained the same as they were inside. Will be interesting to see how much that stands up as the show goes on. Does that mean the children will be able to continue outside, maybe even Vision (though seeing dead Vision makes the latter seem unlikely).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Foxtrol wrote: »
    An ad for last week's episode of this show popped up on my feed and something connected with me that didn't at the time. Despite being outside of the bubble Geraldine/Monica's clothes remained the same as they were inside. Will be interesting to see how much that stands up as the show goes on. Does that mean the children will be able to continue outside, maybe even Vision (though seeing dead Vision makes the latter seem unlikely).

That was the same with the rope/tube that was connected to the beekeeper guy. When they pulled it back out, the part of it that was inside the bubble was different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

pah wrote: »
    I liked the callbacks to the old sitcoms I would have watched as a kid, even though they were old AF back then in the late 80's.

You say they were old AF but Bewitched, which was my favourite of those old comedies, ran from 64-72. If you were watching it in the mid 80s it was only 19-13 years old depending on the episode. For comparison, Friends which is never off the tv, is 26-16 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

iguana wrote: »
    You say they were old AF but Bewitched, which was my favourite of those old comedies, ran from 64-72. If you were watching it in the mid 80s it was only 19-13 years old depending on the episode. For comparison, Friends which is never off the tv, is 26-16 years old.

I am old, I already felt old, now I feel considerably older. Thanks

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

No way , it’s Darth Vader, isn’t it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Well it could be Tony Stark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's going to be Drax. He's been in the background of every scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

It's going to be Drax. He's been in the background of every scene.

That's more Jar Jar Binks than Luke Skywalker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

It's Evan Peters as multiverse Quicksilver... 50 quid says so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I’m betting it’s Howard the Duck

Episode 7 will be a musical set around the Song of the South.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Episode 7 will be a musical set around the Song of the South.

Oh boy, I'm here for the rage that episode will trigger :D

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh boy, I'm here for the rage that episode will trigger :D

Could you imagine if they actually did it and used the Black Panther cast for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭klose

Caught up in time for tomorrow's epidose, it's moving along f nicely and can only see it getting better from here on.

klose wrote: »
    Caught up in time for tomorrow's epidose, it's moving along f nicely and can only see it getting better from here on.

What time is it released on Disney? morning?

What time is it released on Disney? morning?

8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

Oh a recast !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lavdogg

That was brilliant! Its really ramping up now

Advertisement