Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That was one absolutely cracking episode.
    A good mix of the sitcom and the real world.
    Probably my favourite episode of the series so far.

Loved the styling this week as well I have to say.
    Kathryn Hahn again was fantastic, stealing the show in ever single scene, great actress.
    the lagos advert was really good as well.
    Also RIP Sparky...if he was ever alive :(. Loved seeing her brother ha I prefer that version of the character anyway, great way to bring x-men into the MCU
    Can't wait for the rest of the series!

The surprise casting is deflecting attention from Hahn's character stalling everything, waiting for Wanda to reset everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I had a feeling (wasn't spoiled on me but the hype was too much) but that reveal :D:D:D:D:D:D

Saw a very different, much darker version of Wanda in this ep. My read of her reverting to her Sokovian accent was her turning back on Sword, Shield, the avengers and everything that she perceives (however rightly or wrongly) of doing her wrong.

The scene with
    Vision revealing he has no memories from before Westview
    was heartbreaking. Will be interesting to find out how
    how his corpse was reanimated.

And Agnes is getting more and more interesting by the episode.

Also, the advert -
    "Lagos, for when you make a mess you didn't mean to".
    Ouch :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Rambeau's tests and bloods not showing up....she's now got powers and will play a significant & powerful part in this mcu I think

Rambeau's tests and bloods not showing up....she's now got powers and will play a significant & powerful part in this mcu I think

She's probably got kevlar running through her, like her clothes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

5: Oh
    my head. I kinda got hopeful that it was going to be Aaron Taylor Johnson given how sad they'd been making the episode but then I got confused but then the what-does-it-all-mean and like wrapping my head around the multi-verse and bringing the other X-Men into this one... and does that mean all of them or like.. are we going to see many difference X-Men.. well I guess there's been all the news about so many Spider-folk appearing in the next Spiderman so why not...
    Oh boy!

*deep breath*

This is gonna be cool!

While the "event" scenes with Evan Peters's version of Quicksilver, in the X-Men films, were top notch I actually really preferred Aaron Taylor Johnson's character.
    He works well with Olsen and had good banter with Renner.

Fox-verse Quicksilver was a no character one trick pony. Marvel gave him backstory and he had better interactions with the Avengers than the Fox character ever did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

She's probably got kevlar running through her, like her clothes

She's Photon/Spectrum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

She's Photon/Spectrum
    [/Spoiler] not really a spoiler but just in case people don't want to know anything.
    Yep clearly going that way it has shown the picture of her mother with her call sign a tonne of times for a start

She's
    Photon/Spectrum

Yeah, I actually didn't know that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Penn wrote: »
    I don't think so. I think someone else created and started the situation, but I think Wanda is now acting of her own accord because she's happy and fighting to keep the world that was created for them, especially if it means she can stay with Vision.

It's more complicated than that with the footage of her attacking the facility where Vision's body was and retrieving it. She was being mind controlled at that point and doesn't seem to remember it. It's probably easier to control her now as part of her actually really wants to hold on to what she's got but it's most likely not a free choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

My reaction to the ending this week...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

The surprise casting is deflecting attention from Hahn's character stalling everything, waiting for Wanda to reset everything

What's interesting is that she's aware of what's going on while it seems everyone else isn't. Even Rambeau only "came to" in that moment of weakness from Wanda when she was thinking about her brother.

So... who is Agnes. Is she the one manipulating Wanda? Actually, the neighbor with the hedge trimmer seemed aware of the situation too. There's some other group involved aside from SWORD. They don't have control but they're manipulating the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Another really great episode!! Vision becoming more aware of something fishy, Wanda revealing how dangerous she can be. Like others I still think she's being manipulated to some degree. I rewatched episode 5 and noticed that Kathryn Hahn was on the board of real life people they'd identified but I'm not sure if that clears her. I'm hoping the QS casting is a wink and a nod rather than he's actually meant to be the QS from the X universe because the continuity in those movies is such a fcking mess.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Another really great episode!! Vision becoming more aware of something fishy, Wanda revealing how dangerous she can be. Like others I still think she's being manipulated to some degree. I rewatched episode 5 and noticed that Kathryn Hahn was on the board of real life people they'd identified but I'm not sure if that clears her. I'm hoping the QS casting is a wink and a nod rather than he's actually meant to be the QS from the X universe because the continuity in those movies is such a fcking mess.

She was on the board but I didn't see a seen where she had been identified. Only her Agnes persona was noted.

iguana wrote: »
    She was on the board but I didn't see a seen where she had been identified. Only her Agnes persona was noted.

I was under the impression that only people whose irl identies had been found were put up on the board, the Harts, Herb, Norm, that was certainly the pattern they established. There's also a close up of Norm's profile and you can see Agnes's beside it, looks pretty full and detailed.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that only people whose irl identies had been found were put up on the board, the Harts, Herb, Norm, that was certainly the pattern they established. There's also a close up of Norm's profile and you can see Agnes's beside it, looks pretty full and detailed.

There's an article on it here with a photo of the board. All the others have a real life driving license attached to the sheet on their 'tv show' character, showing they have been identified. Agnes doesn't, she only has the character sheet.
    https://thedirect.com/article/wandavision-westview-citizens-identities-kathryn-hahn-agnes-official

iguana wrote: »
    There's an article on it here with a photo of the board. All the others have a real life driving license attached to the sheet on their 'tv show' character, showing they have been identified. Agnes doesn't, she only has the character sheet.
    https://thedirect.com/article/wandavision-westview-citizens-identities-kathryn-hahn-agnes-official

Maybe she doesn't have a driving licence :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

When do we expect Tony Stark to show up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

When do we expect Tony Stark to show up....

When the price for Disney+ jumps to €50 a day so they can afford RDJ to appear in archive footage.

I hope the casting director got their marching orders for getting back the wrong Quicksilver. Should have seen that coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Just binge watched the first five episodes. Absolutely fantastic. Really enjoyed the first couple too, despite what people are saying about them.

Looking forward to where this goes and great move going down the X-Men route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The previously on Wanda vision bit was different. Has that happened before?

When vision asked where Geraldine was Wanda said she had gone, that she didn't belong here. In the actual episode she said she had to rush home.

Have they changed what we are meant to have seen previously before?

Edit. So the recap is actually part of the in universe episode they are watching in sword, not disney+ recap. Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Could the 'recasted' Pietro actually be the one from the X-Men universe since she was unable to resurrect the MCU version. When Sparky died, she said she couldn't bring back the dead. I know she brought back Vision, but technically he was a synthetic person. Since we know that the next Doctor Strange deals with the multiverse and the next SpiderMan movie has people from the Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire Films.

Could it be that when Wanda pulled the Pietro from the X-Men universe she loosened the barrier between the different universes i.e. X-Men, DeadPool, Maguire/Garfield Spiderman and this will be used to bring the X-Men into the MCU along with the Fantastic Four in a way similar to how the ArrowVerse handled the ending of Crisis of Infinite Earths where
    SuperGirl, Black Lightning and Earth 1(Flash , Arrow) were merged into a single Earth with all their history merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Who's saying Wanda brought him back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

While the "event" scenes with Evan Peters's version of Quicksilver, in the X-Men films, were top notch I actually really preferred Aaron Taylor Johnson's character.
    He works well with Olsen and had good banter with Renner.

Fox-verse Quicksilver was a no character one trick pony. Marvel gave him backstory and he had better interactions with the Avengers than the Fox character ever did.

Evan Peters is a very good actor and capable of delivering here so I'd give him a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Evan Peters is a very good actor and capable of delivering here so I'd give him a chance.

Also I know Taylor Johnson didn't get much of a chance with just about half an hour of screen time in AoU, but Peters had some great scenes in his run (heh) and has a good sense of humour that would bounce well with the others.

His two big slo-mo scenes
    attacking the prison guards in the kitchen for Magneto's escape
    in Days of Future Past and
    the mansion rescue
    in Apocalypse were brilliant scenes that could gel well with the MCU 'feel'.

Much preferred his character, was disappointed he wasn't in the Avengers movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,060 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Peters had the cheeky arrogance and sense of unbeatable cockyness of the comics version.

Much preferred him to Taylor-Johnson.

I'm guessing that Wanda goofed in trying to revive Pietro and caused the "recasting" and pulled in a multiverse version of him. That or Mephisto pulled in the multiverse version to fùck with Wanda.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Much preferred his character, was disappointed he wasn't in the Avengers movie.

What I liked about Evans' Quicksilver is that he came across as just an average person with exceptional powers. His spectacular set pieces aside he was regular kid which I think will well in MCU

Plus, in a show where everything is being questioned, there's the question of is he really Quicksilver anyway.

• Advertisement

Plus I think her annoyance at mention of Captain Marvel is more a setup for future films than something that will matter at moment.

Advertisement