Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Plus I think her annoyance at mention of Captain Marvel is more a setup for future films than something that will matter at moment.
    I think her annoyance of Captain Marvel is that she probably wasn't around when her mother was dying

I think her annoyance of Captain Marvel is that she probably wasn't around when her mother was dying

Yep totally but that looks like something that will feed into her future role and interactions with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Evans's Quicksilver was fun as were his setpieces but they established him as too powerful and the movies knew this, in DofP they just left him behind when he could have come in very handy at the end. I think the MCU handled his powers better imo by leaving how fast he is fairly ambiguous. As I said I hope it's just a nod and wink stunt casting for this series but I do have faith in Feige.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭paulbok

Could the 'recasted' Pietro actually be the one from the X-Men universe since she was unable to resurrect the MCU version. When Sparky died, she said she couldn't bring back the dead. I know she brought back Vision, but technically he was a synthetic person. Since we know that the next Doctor Strange deals with the multiverse and the next SpiderMan movie has people from the Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire Films.

Could it be that when Wanda pulled the Pietro from the X-Men universe she loosened the barrier between the different universes i.e. X-Men, DeadPool, Maguire/Garfield Spiderman and this will be used to bring the X-Men into the MCU along with the Fantastic Four in a way similar to how the ArrowVerse handled the ending of Crisis of Infinite Earths where
    SuperGirl, Black Lightning and Earth 1(Flash , Arrow) were merged into a single Earth with all their history merged.

As we know Wandavision ties into the next Dr Strangre movie, perhaps he has been monitoring Sword et al. attempts to bring the situation under control, and seeing they can't get through to her, brought from another universe, the only person that may have a chance, her brother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The fact she said her brother was very far away, rather than dead could play into the multiverse piece in the end too.

Granted it could have been a euphemism instead of talking death with the kids, but that topic was discussed just moments later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I was thinking that and captain marvel could be part of the reason her mother died. Being around captain marvel for long period of times could be bad for humans.

Loughc wrote: »
    I was thinking that and captain marvel could be part of the reason her mother died. Being around captain marvel for long period of times could be bad for humans.

Well I assumed Carol had been away from Earth since the 80s and only returned after the blip. Unless the mother got sick as a result of being part of SWORD, which she created as a result of Captain Marvel leading Monica to blame Carol

Well I assumed Carol had been away from Earth since the 80s and only returned after the blip. Unless the mother got sick as a result of being part of SWORD, which she created as a result of Captain Marvel leading Monica to blame Carol

It seems that they're setting up SWORD as a well established agency, set up long before the events of IW, Tyler says Monica is grounded and can only do "terrestrial" missions only, implying they've been to space. I don't think Maria got sick because of exposure to CM but I think CM has probably had interactions with SWORD since the events of her film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Yep totally but that looks like something that will feed into her future role and interactions with her.

If the mother is truly dead, and didn't disappear somewhere with Marvel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Evans's Quicksilver was fun as were his setpieces but they established him as too powerful and the movies knew this, in DofP they just left him behind when he could have come in very handy at the end. I think the MCU handled his powers better imo by leaving how fast he is fairly ambiguous. As I said I hope it's just a nod and wink stunt casting for this series but I do have faith in Feige.

I don't think there is a chance that it is just stunt casting - MCU have done some misdirects in the past, like the Mandarin, but we got a fully fleshed out reason for it in the movies, a storyline that is still impacting the MCU in Phase 4. I just can't see them doing opening Pandora's Box here for a nod and wink to the audience. There has been too much set up already with her saying she can't bring people back from the dead and the multiple nods to her brother.

Having said that, I don't believe he'll be staying around the MCU as a core character so I don't believe his power level will be an issue. This seems like opening the door and setting up for the multi-verse of madness. I'm interested in how they deal with it all but I'm not a huge fan of some of the potential options that look to be on the table. Right now to me the worst option is to just pull in the former X-men we saw from Fox. There are some obvious hits when it comes to actors but I'd rather MCU build out their own characters and back stories than try to resurrect the mess that Fox left.

• Advertisement

It seems that they're setting up SWORD as a well established agency, set up long before the events of IW, Tyler says Monica is grounded and can only do "terrestrial" missions only, implying they've been to space. I don't think Maria got sick because of exposure to CM but I think CM has probably had interactions with SWORD since the events of her film.

What SWORD was saying absolutely stunk to be a connection to Fantastic 4. I know SWORD is a heavily non-earth group but their kept talking about astronauts, including ones that were 'missing'. Even their blue uniforms look very Fantastic 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,060 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I feel like I should mention anyone wanting to read up on SWORD dont start with the current ongoing series, highly unlikely to be of any relevance (its basically the X-Men Cosmic/Space Team).

Also stunt casting would have been having Peters cast and then have him play Mephisto. The fact he acknowledges Wanda as his sister and she calls him Pietro buries the stunt casting idea.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Also stunt casting would have been having Peters cast and then have him play Mephisto. The fact he acknowledges Wanda as his sister and she calls him Pietro buries the stunt casting idea.

This is true but Peters's Pietro wasn't even a twin in the X universe (open to correction), there certainly wasn't a Wanda and the timelines don't align, he was a teenager in the 70s when Wanda wouldn't have even been born yet, having him play the same version just raises a lot of questions. But I agree with a previous poster that I don't think he'll be sticking around in the MCU either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

This is true but Peters's Pietro wasn't even a twin in the X universe (open to correction), there certainly wasn't a Wanda and the timelines don't align, he was a teenager in the 70s when Wanda wouldn't have even been born yet, having him play the same version just raises a lot of questions. But I agree with a previous poster that I don't think he'll be sticking around in the MCU either way.

I think Wanda was a baby in the fox-men universe. When we first saw Pietro in Days O.F.P there was a shot of him holding his baby sister who I'm sure was called Wanda. She was never mentioned again. It was only Pietro who's father was Mangetno, his sister in that world might not even be a mutant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,825 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Professor X as the new tony stark ? James Mcavoy needs to play him again

In the bubble/hex he likely is under the same sort of mind control as everyone else so he can play the same version on this show but the wheels will likely come off at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

He's got 2 sisters with the older of the sisters maybe being Wanda but only mentioned in the extended version call the Rouge cut.

Timelines don't need to match.

Also if they did link the multiverse I'd think it'd be funny have the 2020s MCU meeting the 1980s X men universe although not a direct port and not making the Fox movies 100% cannon just a lot of the actors and some of the plot points as it's all a bit of a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Interested to see where they go with things. I'd love to see Hugh Jackman pop in. I'd also welcome an actual recasting of Banshee.

As long as we don't have Jennifer Lawrence appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

pjohnson wrote: »
    I feel like I should mention anyone wanting to read up on SWORD dont start with the current ongoing series, highly unlikely to be of any relevance (its basically the X-Men Cosmic/Space Team).

They are two quite different organisations anyway. In the comics SWORD stands for; Sentient World Observation and Response Department. In the MCU we learned last week that it's Sentient Weapon Observation and Response Department. That change from World to Weapon gives them completely different raisons d'etre.

Monica also asked why 'Creation' wasn't in the title, so that suggests SWORD has been working on creating sentient weapons. Which also plays into their apparent hypocrisy regarding Wanda's resurrection of Vision. They were low key angry that she ignored his wishes regarding not trying to resurrect him after death. But when she took his body, it was in pieces and being worked on by scientists. Not really following Vision's wishes there either. In fact they were likely working on ways to weaponise his tech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Bacchus wrote: »
    What's interesting is that she's aware of what's going on while it seems everyone else isn't. Even Rambeau only "came to" in that moment of weakness from Wanda when she was thinking about her brother.

So... who is Agnes. Is she the one manipulating Wanda? Actually, the neighbor with the hedge trimmer seemed aware of the situation too. There's some other group involved aside from SWORD. They don't have control but they're manipulating the situation.

He was aware something was amiss, like your man in Vision's office.

But like, he was hedge trimming straight through a brick wall because he was having a brain attack. He definitely doesn't seem to be in the know. He seems like another victim.

I assume Agnes is the big bad in some capacity. To what end, we'll have to wait and see.

When the twins asked Wanda to bring back Sparky, Agnes asked "you can do that". It came across like she was shocked that she possibly could rather than a 'WTF are you?'
    She may be Mephisto drawn to Wanda bringing Vision back, and the thought that Wanda can bring more dead back would be terrifying to him/her

Just thinking about how Rambeau almost certainly has developed her own powers after being exposed to Wandas power.
    They also made a definitive point in the last episode about real objects, Geraldines trousers, being altered and affected by the experience (now bulletproof).
    Could a massive release of Wandas power in the shows finale be the catalyst to 'switch on' a latent X gene in the worlds population?

paulbok wrote: »
    Just thinking about how Rambeau almost certainly has developed her own powers after being exposed to Wandas power.
    They also made a definitive point in the last episode about real objects, Geraldines trousers, being altered and affected by the experience (now bulletproof).
    Could a massive release of Wandas power in the shows finale be the catalyst to 'switch on' a latent X gene in the worlds population?

So instead of her saying No more Mutants in the comics, she says more Mutants :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I have a theory. I think the Mephisto easter eggs are red herrings.

We know this show directly leads in to Dr. Strange and The Multiverse of Madness.

One of the main strange villains is Shuma Gorath.

An extra dimensional Lovecraft inspired god, also referred to as a "Many Angled One".

Hexagons have "many angles".

Probably way off, but considering how bizarre this show is, you just never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I have a theory. I think the Mephisto easter eggs are red herrings.

We know this show directly leads in to Dr. Strange and The Multiverse of Madness.

One of the main strange villains is Shuma Gorath.

An extra dimensional Lovecraft inspired god, also referred to as a "Many Angled One".

Hexagons have "many angles".

Probably way off, but considering how bizarre this show is, you just never know.
    Hexagon will end up being AIM I reckon, everything is the same shape... Look at Haywards office, his diplomas are in the same shape and the computer screens and so on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,825 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

anyone feeling we will get a trailer
    officially confirming the Xmen into the MCU
    at superbowl half time ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    at superbowl half time ?

Doubt it. We will probably get trailers for already announced movies and TV shows

Best case is possibly someone mentions the word "mutant". Wouldn't expect anything else.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    at superbowl half time ?

Think there is one for Falcon & The Winter Soldier, don't think they'll have a second

Advertisement