Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

Marvel are branching out and thats not gonna suit everyone. I much prefer that over seeing the same type of movie again and again.

Some people aren’t going to like the comedy in She-Hulk

Others aren’t going to like teenage drama in Ms. Marvel

Doesn’t mean the show is bad if it’s not to your taste. For these two characters, it’s a direct continuation of what they went through in Infinity war/Endgame so it’s not for casual viewers or newcomers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

shawki wrote: »

Doesn’t mean the show is bad if it’s not to your taste. For these two characters, it’s a direct continuation of what they went through in Infinity war/Endgame so it’s not for casual viewers or newcomers.

I’m very much a casual newcomer and I’m enjoying it, I was talking to a chap I know who is in the reviewing business and he actually remarked how many people he’s spoken to that are enjoying it without knowing anything about marvel stuff. I would say this show more than lots of the movies are very much for newcomers as it’s quite different from the pace of movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

salmocab wrote: »
    I’m very much a casual newcomer and I’m enjoying it, I was talking to a chap I know who is in the reviewing business and he actually remarked how many people he’s spoken to that are enjoying it without knowing anything about marvel stuff. I would say this show more than lots of the movies are very much for newcomers as it’s quite different from the pace of movies.

I could very much see that and it will likely be the case for a lot of their new shows - though as pointed out, not all formats and content will suit everyone.

Sure it would help to know the background to get some references but they have introduced and developed the characters and world well and in much more detail than they did in the movies - especially the movies that aren't origin stories. It again highlights the ridiculousness of the idea that they could cover the first 2 or 3 episodes in 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Ya you've said that about 10 times now we understand

And I'll keep saying it while people tell me I'm wrong.

stoneill wrote: »
    And I'll keep saying it while people tell me I'm wrong.

To what purpose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

Great episode this morning very nice Kick Ass reference 👌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Where's your accent?"
    "Wheres yours......"

:p

Nice bit of self-referential humor there.

The beginning had a very early 00's Malcolm in the Middle feel to it. Nicely done tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

She is in control, she's not in control, she is in control again... Make up your mind :pac:

The Cinema movies and the Kick-Ass reference was nice

My favourite episode so far.
    The reference to the kids as demon spawn was interesting, maybe vision isn't the father? Agnes also referenced the Devil in episode 2.

Possible Future Marvel Show Spoiler
    I wonder is the Director going to be our first Skrull reveal for Secret Invasion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I can't remember, but was it said who was experimenting on Vision's body before Wanda broke in and stole it? I'd have to assume it was SWORD and the Director, and that's why they can track him

Great episode. Definitely something up with Agnes seeing as how she was able to act differently to the others even without Vision freeing her mind. The twins getting their powers is great, and new-Pietro was fun. Confirmation too that Monica is likely to get powers soon.

Really belting along now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

It was SWORD, the video footage showed the same main entrance where Monica's card wouldnt read in the 4th episode.

Also, weird to see that Agnes is under Wandas control, its been speculated (and her character gave massive hints) that she was the one behind the scenes manipulating Wanda for her own aims. So either she wasnt and acted as a convenience to help Wanda smooth out any rough edges to keep the show running, or Wandas power has grown to absorb her too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Penn wrote: »
    I can't remember, but was it said who was experimenting on Vision's body before Wanda broke in and stole it? I'd have to assume it was SWORD and the Director, and that's why they can track him

Great episode. Definitely something up with Agnes seeing as how she was able to act differently to the others even without Vision freeing her mind. The twins getting their powers is great, and new-Pietro was fun. Confirmation too that Monica is likely to get powers soon.

Really belting along now.

Yeah his body was being researched by SWORD, I think they are tracking the vibranium in his corpse. Kind of obvious now that he exists only in the Hive, he is really just a corpse given consciousness based off Wandas memories. Agnes blaming Wanda is definitely a red herring. I'd say Wanda is being manipulated but doesn't realize it. She was obviously vulnerable following Endgame and somebody took advantage. She was given everything that she wanted by whoever is controlling the narrative and she will do anything to keep it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    It was SWORD, the video footage showed the same main entrance where Monica's card wouldnt read in the 4th episode.

Also, weird to see that Agnes is under Wandas control, its been speculated (and her character gave massive hints) that she was the one behind the scenes manipulating Wanda for her own aims. So either she wasnt and acted as a convenience to help Wanda smooth out any rough edges to keep the show running, or Wandas power has grown to absorb her too.

I think Agnes was just acting like she is under Wanda's control. She was able to speak and talk to Vision before and after Vision freed her mind, so I think she's manipulating him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Penn wrote: »
    I think Agnes was just acting like she is under Wanda's control. She was able to speak and talk to Vision before and after Vision freed her mind, so I think she's manipulating him.

Even the way she kept shouting Dead, dead, dead at him was clear she was trying to hit home the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Anyone else watch this with headphones? Was it me or did every now and then when one of the kids spoke go through only the right ear channel?

I can't remember which child is Billy or Tommy. It was the child who could sense Vision was in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

salmocab wrote: »

That's interesting cause I'da thunk a casual audience would be "What's a Thanos?" or thinking certain stuff is going to be explained when it's already backstory.
    funnydoggy wrote: »
    I can't remember which child is Billy or Tommy. It was the child who could sense Vision was in trouble.

Billy's the likeable one. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭event

My favourite episode so far.
    The reference to the kids as demon spawn was interesting, maybe vision isn't the father? Agnes also referenced the Devil in episode 2.

So then
    Mephisto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Considering the state those near the boundary were in, I can see Wanda maybe losing control now that she's expanded more.

Was thinking Darcy could be dressed as a waitress similar to 2 Broke Girls for next week's episode.
    Something I didn't know - I was looking to see if she was in any other sitcoms and see she and Brie Larson starred together in Raising Dad in 2001.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I liked Wanda asking Pietro what happened to your accent?

It shows the writers get it with a nice little in joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I liked Wanda asking Pietro what happened to your accent?

It shows the writers get it with a nice little in joke.

And Wanda saying 'Kick Ass' which starred Aaron Taylor Johnson and Evan Peters :pac:

I don't think Wanda is losing control of her subjects, I think they're just inanimate until she's in the immediate vicinity and they need to be doing something.

• Advertisement

I wonder who is the Astrophysicist Monica mentioned?

Possibly
    Erik Selvig from Thor?

Too bad we skipped the 90's, I wanted to see Vision as Al Bundy.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Warbeastrior

shawki wrote:

Some are saying Reid Richards (Mr Fantastic)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Possibly
    Erik Selvig from Thor?

Too bad we skipped the 90's, I wanted to see Vision as Al Bundy.

I'm thinking it MIGHT be
    Fitz from Agents Of Shield
    , the guy you mentioned is an astrophysicist.

Clearly it's someone they are introducing or reintroducing into the continuity.

Some are saying Reid Richards (Mr Fantastic)

Possibly a Pre-F4 Reed Richards?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Possibly a Pre-F4 Reed Richards?

That's also a possibility, I'm keeping my fingers crossed now hoping to see John Krasinski step into frame in the next 3 episodes :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm thinking it MIGHT be
    Fitz from Agents Of Shield
    , the guy you mentioned is an astrophysicist.

Clearly it's someone they are introducing or reintroducing into the continuity.

I looked him up and he is an Engineer so maybe not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That was a cracking episode - the transformations were hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Warbeastrior

Lithium93_ wrote:
    That's also a possibility, I'm keeping my fingers crossed now hoping to see John Krasinski step into frame in the next 3 episodes

Krasinski is a great actor.

So the runtime for the first 6 episodes is roughly 3hrs 15 Mins. (including regular credits not the additional languages credits on Disney+)

Hopefully we will see longer runtimes soon, hard to imagine they could wrap up the story with three 30 minute episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ridley wrote: »
    That's interesting cause I'da thunk a casual audience would be "What's a Thanos?" or thinking certain stuff is going to be explained when it's already backstory.

Billy's the likeable one. ;)

I’d say the casual viewer like myself is enjoying it because we aren’t trying to pick everything apart. I’ve read all the spoilered suggestions here of what’s happening but I’m so clueless about the universe that none of it makes sense and doesn’t at all affect me liking the show.

Advertisement