Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I THINK, and don't take my word for it (just a guy on the internet after all :pac:) the last 3 episodes if I recall correctly, are supposed to be an hour (not including credits) in length.

Sort of like how Agents Of Shield led slowly into Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which then showed the extent of HYDRA's manipulations in universe.

Well that's how I'd describe it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm thinking it MIGHT be
    Fitz from Agents Of Shield
    , the guy you mentioned is an astrophysicist.

Clearly it's someone they are introducing or reintroducing into the continuity.

That would be sooooo awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Some are saying Reid Richards (Mr Fantastic)

Tyler said in the fourth episode that a team has been lost in space and this directly ties into how the F4 get their powers and will save us the exhausting backstory like how they skipped Peter Parkers backstory... Personally I'm betting its one V. Von Doom

kerplun k wrote: »
    That would be sooooo awesome

It would be, but I lost interest in Agents Of Shield halfway through Season 5, so I'm not even sure if the character I mentioned is still alive.
    Tyler said in the fourth episode that a team has been lost in space and this directly ties into how the F4 get their powers and will save us the exhausting backstory like how they skipped Peter Parkers backstory... Personally I'm betting its one V. Von Doom

They've just quietly backdoor set up the F4 with that exposition from Hayward. If that's the way Jon Watts goes for that movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

What if its actually Adam Brashear otherwise known as Blue Marvel. He's just as smart as Reed Richards and in the comics he has had a relationship with Monica

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In a non pandemic world, I wonder what film this would be airing before/after.
    Were there changes made to take the film delays into account?

Any idea what the ad was about? Usually it's something clearly Marvel related but didn't recognise this and couldn't find the answer online.

CastorTroy wrote: »

Any idea what the ad was about? Usually it's something clearly Marvel related but didn't recognise this and couldn't find the answer online.

Would it obviously come before the next Doctor Strange movie? I know it's set before the events of Spider-Man: Far From Home, which is apparently 8 months after Endgame.

Stupid pandemic ruining everything :pac:

They were necessary but they were still shíte. I know what they were trying to do but they should have made them actually funny.

They were as funny as comedies from that era. Which is the point.

Would it obviously come before the next Doctor Strange movie? I know it's set before the events of Spider-Man: Far From Home, which is apparently 8 months after Endgame.

Stupid pandemic ruining everything :pac:

Doctor Strange will be the introduction of Mutants/Multiverse and Wanda is set to star... Whether she's a hero or not though is the million dollar question.

Doctor Strange will be the introduction of Mutants/Multiverse and Wanda is set to star... Whether she's a hero or not though is the million dollar question.

I'd guess hero, obviously going to Strange for help in better understanding/controlling her powers, so she wouldn't warp reality so badly again.

Who knows, fun to speculate.

• Advertisement

I'd guess hero, obviously going to Strange for help in better understanding/controlling her powers, so she wouldn't warp reality so badly again.

Who knows, fun to speculate.

I'm absolutely hoping she's the big bad :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CastorTroy wrote: »

Wanda and pietro getting their powers following the death of their parents, but not being able to cheat death themselves. That was my reading of it.

I'm absolutely hoping she's the big bad :D

I think that could be assumed from the premise for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

After the events of Avengers: Endgame and WandaVision. Dr. Stephen Strange's continuing research on the Time Stone is hindered by a friend-turned-enemy, resulting in Strange unleashing unspeakable evil.

Could Wanda be that friend turned enemy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The opening this week was brilliant...I haven't seen malcolm in the middle for a long time but it was spot on! Nice balance this episode with the sitcom and the outside the hexagon storyline I thought.
    The accent thing was really well addressed. Loved how in the flash back to Sokovia Pietro was definitely dressed like Nick Fury was wanda meant to be Mantis?
    The scenes on the edge of town were really well done, the part with him forcing his way out and the boundary expanding especially strong. Pietro and one of the twins kind of dressed as both the fantastic 4 and with hair a bit like wolverine..can't wait for all these worlds to collide in the MCU. The ad this week was darkkkkkk. Jimmy Woo is a really excellent character so likeable. Kathryn Hahn again absolutely cracking, top notch witches cackle tok. Can't wait for next Friday now! Wanda clearly isn't in total control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

gmisk wrote: »
    The opening this week was brilliant...I haven't seen malcolm in the middle for a long time but it was spot on! Nice balance this episode with the sitcom and the outside the hexagon storyline I thought.
    The accent thing was really well addressed. Loved how in the flash back to Sokovia Pietro was definitely dressed like Nick Fury was wanda meant to be Mantis?
    The scenes on the edge of town were really well done, the part with him forcing his way out and the boundary expanding especially strong. Pietro and one of the twins kind of dressed as both the fantastic 4 and with hair a bit like wolverine..can't wait for all these worlds to collide in the MCU. The ad this week was darkkkkkk. Jimmy Woo is a really excellent character so likeable. Kathryn Hahn again absolutely cracking, top notch witches cackle tok. Can't wait for next Friday now! Wanda clearly isn't in total control
    Pietro and Tommy were both wearing comic book accurate Quicksilver costumes. His hair used to look like that in the comics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Small detail, but did anyone else notice
    Peter looking over a Billy
    when he was solliloquising Malcolm in the Middle style, like he could hear him? Was Billy talking to someone other than the 4th wall?

Absolutely loved Evan Peters in this ep, he jelled really well as Cool Uncle Pietro.

Really enjoyed it overall, except for the opening theme which is my least favourite so far (I hated Malcolm in the Middle so there is that), can't wait to see who Monica's buddy is and how Wanda will cope
    with the expanded world she's controlling now

Small detail, but did anyone else notice
    Peter looking over a Billy
    when he was solliloquising Malcolm in the Middle style, like he could hear him? Was Billy talking to someone other than the 4th wall?

Absolutely loved Evan Peters in this ep, he jelled really well as Cool Uncle Pietro.

Really enjoyed it overall, except for the opening theme which is my least favourite so far (I hated Malcolm in the Middle so there is that), can't wait to see who Monica's buddy is and how Wanda will cope
    with the expanded world she's controlling now
    I think it's supposed to be Pietro being aware of the fact that the world is manufactured.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm here for a Westviewed Darcy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

And Wanda saying 'Kick Ass' which starred Aaron Taylor Johnson and Evan Peters :pac:

I don't think Wanda is losing control of her subjects, I think they're just inanimate until she's in the immediate vicinity and they need to be doing something.

I think she is losing control of them. The woman hanging the stuff on that line had a tear slowly rolling down her face.

Was expecting the comedy side of things to be better this episode when I seen they were going with Malcolm in the Middle but still found those parts fell flat. They just aren't funny. Thankfully everything else about the episode was great.

The bit about Pietro (spelling?) being dead are really weird. Wondering what the hell happened there.

I think she is losing control of them. The woman hanging the stuff on that line had a tear slowly rolling down her face.

Was expecting the comedy side of things to be better this episode when I seen they were going with Malcolm in the Middle but still found those parts fell flat. They just aren't funny. Thankfully everything else about the episode was great.

The bit about Pietro (spelling?) being dead are really weird. Wondering what the hell happened there.

Most of the residents have shown signs of struggle with Wandas power so I don't think it's her losing control rather than them just trying to beat her with willpower.

Pietro being dead is the same as her seeing Visions dead body... That's how both of them are in the real world, how she last saw them.

• Advertisement

I actually think there's another thing going on. Agnes dressed as a witch felt like a hint and her conversation with vision felt almost manipulative. Wondering if they're setting the kids up to show up in future marvel stuff. They could be 45 years old by last episode. :D Agree that the comedy feels very forced.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Most of the residents have shown signs of struggle with Wandas power so I don't think it's her losing control rather than them just trying to beat her with willpower.

The affect her powers have on people are inconsistent. Some people are under her control (like the guy who works with Vision, Vision stopped her mind control and he lost it). However, Norm and Agnes don't seem to be under control at all. They regularly come out of character. Even this episode Norm asked Wanda if she wanted something changed. Which brings me to another point. Why did Agnes change when Vision blocked Wanda's mind control? She never seems to be under the mind control at all.
    Pietro being dead is the same as her seeing Visions dead body... That's how both of them are in the real world, how she last saw them.

That was a different Pietro though. She could have just changed Pietro's appearance but it seems like he is meant to be different than the Pietro in this universe.

The affect her powers have on people are inconsistent. Some people are under her control (like the guy who works with Vision, Vision stopped her mind control and he lost it). However, Norm and Agnes don't seem to be under control at all. They regularly come out of character. Even this episode Norm asked Wanda if she wanted something changed. Which brings me to another point. Why did Agnes change when Vision blocked Wanda's mind control? She never seems to be under the mind control at all.

That was a different Pietro though. She could have just changed Pietro's appearance but it seems like he is meant to be different than the Pietro in this universe.

Yeah that's what I mean about them using their own willpower... I think we mean the same thing in a roundabout way.

And she thinks that Pietro is her Pietro, because she hasn't said otherwise outside of the accent comment. When he arrived, she knew exactly who he was and his dead body scene directly mimicked MCU Pietro's. It might not be an actual Multiverse thing and literally just a retcon of the character along the lines of Fandral/Rhodey/Banner/Cassie Lang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Pietro and Tommy were both wearing comic book accurate Quicksilver costumes. His hair used to look like that in the comics
    Ah no way cool thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I was wondering about Pietro's hair as it seemed to be accentuating the high peaks. Didn't know that matched his hairstyle in the comics.

Agnes seemingly falling out of mind control makes me think that she was manipulating vision more than anything. There's an additional later of falseness with her I think.

Yeah that's what I mean about them using their own willpower... I think we mean the same thing in a roundabout way.

I don't know. Wanda knows she is in control of the world. She has regularly reset scenes that didn't go her way. She sent Monica flying when she realised she wasn't meant to be part of the world. She controls every one in the town. Why does she let Norm and Agnes just do their own thing and not control them like everyone else? Maybe she knows they will cooperate and she doesn't need to control them but it still seems odd to me. There is definitely something more to the two of them.
    And she thinks that Pietro is her Pietro, because she hasn't said otherwise outside of the accent comment. When he arrived, she knew exactly who he was and his dead body scene directly mimicked MCU Pietro's. It might not be an actual Multiverse thing and literally just a retcon of the character along the lines of Fandral/Rhodey/Banner/Cassie Lang.

I didn't realise his dead body was the same as the MCU Pietro. Only watched that film the once and it was ages ago. I was thinking it might be a Pietro from a different universe who was also dead or something mad like that. You are probably right. It might just be a straight up recasting. Maybe they couldn't get the original Pietro or just decided to change up the character and though he was a better fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

73-731154_quicksilver-comic.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I don't know. Wanda knows she is in control of the world. She has regularly reset scenes that didn't go her way. She sent Monica flying when she realised she wasn't meant to be part of the world. She controls every one in the town. Why does she let Norm and Agnes just do their own thing and not control them like everyone else? Maybe she knows they will cooperate and she doesn't need to control them but it still seems odd to me. There is definitely something more to the two of them.

I didn't realise his dead body was the same as the MCU Pietro. Only watched that film the once and it was ages ago. I was thinking it might be a Pietro from a different universe who was also dead or something mad like that. You are probably right. It might just be a straight up recasting. Maybe they couldn't get the original Pietro or just decided to change up the character and though he was a better fit.

It's the X-Men films Pietro physically. The last one of those films was set in the early 90's, so when she tried to bring her adult brother back, it was a different Pietro, but she's given him as much of her brothers memories as she can.

• Advertisement

Agnes seemingly falling out of mind control makes me think that she was manipulating vision more than anything. There's an additional later of falseness with her I think.

Prior to Vision stopping the mind control she certainly wasn't in character so she could be manipulating him alright. Why was she even out there? Maybe she was trying to leave but she knows it isn't possible so that doesn't seem likely.

Advertisement