Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

73-731154_quicksilver-comic.jpg

And there was me thinking the hair was a Wolverine reference.

I thought the same. My ignorance of different marvel ages is weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah that's what I mean about them using their own willpower... I think we mean the same thing in a roundabout way.

And she thinks that Pietro is her Pietro, because she hasn't said otherwise outside of the accent comment. When he arrived, she knew exactly who he was and his dead body scene directly mimicked MCU Pietro's. It might not be an actual Multiverse thing and literally just a retcon of the character along the lines of Fandral/Rhodey/Banner/Cassie Lang.

I felt she said Pietro because he said brother.
    She has questioned why he looks different and why his accent is different.

So i have no idea why it is Fox Quicksilver, but MCU memories (Shot in the street, same body shots when we see the dead version).

Might be she merged multi-verse fox version with marvel version.

I'm certainly hoping the answer is something to do with the Fox version, and not just hand-waved away in the end. Would be frustrating if it was just a bait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Me too!
    Sure I thought the rest of the costume was a reference to the fantastic 4 as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Dr Strange is surely going to make an appearance. I mean it gets to a point when you wonder when is an Avenger going to intervene and the end of this episode seems like the perfect gateway, given Wanda is expanding on her power and possibly pushing it to catastrophic results.

• Advertisement

Dr Strange is surely going to make an appearance. I mean it gets to a point when you wonder when is an Avenger going to intervene and the end of this episode seems like the perfect gateway, given Wanda is expanding on her power and possibly pushing it to catastrophic results.

the fact this takes place before Spider-Man Far From Home has me wondering if it will tie to that before the end. Captain Marvel (don't invoke her name, reaction from Monica) and Fury (being up in Space with S.W.O.R.D) are two threads that could link it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I don’t think that’s quicksilver from x-men. This one seems a bit mean spirited. The quicksilver from x-men had a similar sense of humour but was much more likeable, but Evan Peters is 100% playing a different character here. I’m
    sure of it. Now in saying that, I’ve gotten almost every prediction wrong so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I didn't realise his dead body was the same as the MCU Pietro. Only watched that film the once and it was ages ago. I was thinking it might be a Pietro from a different universe who was also dead or something mad like that. You are probably right. It might just be a straight up recasting. Maybe they couldn't get the original Pietro or just decided to change up the character and though he was a better fit.

She realised it wasn't her Pietro which is why she kept questioning him about their childhood. the other recastings like Rhodey were just done with no mention and definitely didn't include a flashback to the previous version where you clearly saw the other actor.
    This was like Ray in Due South recasting.

From all the Marvel stuff we've seen so far, Marvel casting seems to be thought out and planned in advance, where possible. Look at Hawkeye in Thor. Casting the actor who played Pietro in X-Men as the MCU Pietro with no other meaning behind it would not be something they would do knowing the effect it would have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

And she thinks that Pietro is her Pietro, because she hasn't said otherwise outside of the accent comment. When he arrived, she knew exactly who he was and his dead body scene directly mimicked MCU Pietro's. It might not be an actual Multiverse thing and literally just a retcon of the character along the lines of Fandral/Rhodey/Banner/Cassie Lang.

Wanda and Pietro had a number of discussions throughout the episode referencing him looking different and her not truly believing he's her brother because he doesn't look like he should.

kerplun k wrote: »
    I don’t think that’s quicksilver from x-men. This one seems a bit mean spirited. The quicksilver from x-men had a similar sense of humour but was much more likeable, but Evan Peters is 100% playing a different character here. I’m
    sure of it. Now in saying that, I’ve gotten almost every prediction wrong so far.

i'll be furious if it is.

If they wanted a different looking QS, or Aaron Taylor Johnson simply wasnt available then cast someone else. ANYONE ELSE.

To cast Fox version QS in the role, after Disney bought Fox, with people wondering how and when we will see X-Men in MCU - and for it to mean nothing... would be absolute BS.

If it isn't linked to the Fox movies, there is litterarly no good reason for it to have been done. It would just be utterly mean-spirited.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I felt she said Pietro because he said brother.
    She has questioned why he looks different and why his accent is different.

So i have no idea why it is Fox Quicksilver, but MCU memories (Shot in the street, same body shots when we see the dead version).

Might be she merged multi-verse fox version with marvel version.

I'm certainly hoping the answer is something to do with the Fox version, and not just hand-waved away in the end. Would be frustrating if it was just a bait.

I think you could be right there. Can't remember how that scene went exactly and not arsed watching it again but yeah I think she said it more in a quizzical way after he said he was her brother. His whole personality is different as well. Why would Wanda change up her brother's personality completely.

I also don't think us seeing him dead actually means that is what he looks like and Wanda is just covering it up using magic. Wanda seen Vision as a dead husk with a hole in his head but when he left the Hex he didn't look that way at all. He looked identical to how he looked in the Hex. Same with Monica, when she left the Hex her clothes were the same. Her seeing Vision and Pietro's corpse must be something else. Maybe her having a break down or a flashback.

iguana wrote: »
    Wanda and Pietro had a number of discussions throughout the episode referencing him looking different and her not truly believing he's her brother because he doesn't look like he should.

and doesn't have the memories he should. she knows he is a different person.

That's part of the fun of these types of shows. Coming out with theories that sound really good and plausible and finding them turn out to be way off the mark. :D

I think you could be right there. Can't remember how that scene went exactly and not arsed watching it again but yeah I think she said it more in a quizzical way after he said he was her brother. His whole personality is different as well. Why would Wanda change up her brother's personality completely.

I also don't think us seeing him dead actually means that is what he looks like and Wanda is just covering it up using magic. Wanda seen Vision as a dead husk with a hole in his head but when he left the Hex he didn't look that way at all. He looked identical to how he looked in the Hex. Same with Monica, when she left the Hex her clothes were the same. Her seeing Vision and Pietro's corpse must be something else. Maybe her having a break down or a flashback.
    Importantly I don't think Vision left the Hex fully. he was constantly connected to it and being pulled back in by it. and the further he got, the more dead he became..... while being pulled apart.

so for me that pointed to him still being dead. I hoped, against all evidence, that she had brought him back, but I reckon he was an absolute gonner if the hex hadn't swallowed him up again.

i'll be furious if it is.

If they wanted a different looking QS, or Aaron Taylor Johnson simply wasnt available then cast someone else. ANYONE ELSE.

To cast Fox version QS in the role, after Disney bought Fox, with people wondering how and when we will see X-Men in MCU - and for it to mean nothing... would be absolute BS.

If it isn't linked to the Fox movies, there is litterarly no good reason for it to have been done. It would just be utterly mean-spirited.

Could also be the Fox Quicksilver but he's being controlled which would explain the mean spirit.

Could also be the Fox Quicksilver but he's being controlled which would explain the mean spirit.

He does point out his reason for being there is to cause mayhem and drive up tension in the family (as the freeloading brother in-law sleeping on the couch) - and that is "what you (wanda) wanted". So his entire personality could simply be grounded in the tv trope rather than 'him'

Importantly I don't think Vision left the Hex fully. he was constantly connected to it and being pulled back in by it. and the further he got, the more dead he became..... while being pulled apart.

so for me that pointed to him still being dead. I hoped, against all evidence, that she had brought him back, but I reckon he was an absolute gonner if the hex hadn't swallowed him up again.

I think he is still dead but his appearance has changed. If the Hex was to just vanish, I don't think he would look like how he did when Wanda stole him from SWORD.

Wasn't Wanda just talking about her brother before he appeared? Similar to how Agnes just happened to call over with a doghouse last week. Was said earlier in that episode how she always turns up with just what they need.

He does point out his reason for being there is to cause mayhem and drive up tension in the family (as the freeloading brother in-law sleeping on the couch) - and that is "what you (wanda) wanted". So his entire personality could simply be grounded in the tv trope rather than 'him'

Yeah it's the "jump the shark" moment of bringing in a long lost brother or another unexpected character

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah it's the "jump the shark" moment of bringing in a long lost brother or another unexpected character

I'm leaning towards this is the villain masquerading as Pietro literally in plain sight; it's what Wanda wanted and he's fcking with her relentlessly over it.

• Advertisement

So, that is it confirmed
    Pietro is Poochie
    . He has the same sassy attitude and Disney own them now as well so makes sense. They really are bringing everything into the MCU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I agree that his character is off. X-men Peter was a cheeky git sometimes, but he wouldn't exactly pat, say, Jean Grey, on the back, for controlling and trapping thousands of people.

But I'm not convinced that he's *not* X-Men universe QS. Like others say, I doubt Marvel would make a crossover this big into a red herring.

He has some of MCU's memories (ie his AoU death), it will be interesting if we see flashes of his Fox memories creep in if/when he starts to "glitch".

Wanda clearly has about as much control over him as she has over Vision at this stage but then the question is does someone else have *more* control over him, or is he someone else entirely.

Or, Wanda did really bring him here without realising, and her powers have basically gone beyond even her own understanding and now she's effectively subconsciously made him into a warped manifestation of her own conscience?

OR: Is the likes of Agnes AN other harnessing her powers and picking up on any of her "wishes" powers, and their plan is to cause this bit of mayhem, ie. rip apart the universe?

Disclaimer: I've had a couple of glasses of wine so I'm probably overthinking it.

if you also look at the fact the 'previously on' pieces have changed, which implies they are in-universe catch ups that SWORD would see on their tvs, in this week's episiode Wanda showed them MCU Pietro being being killed, prior to Fox Pietro being shown.

So it is another pointer of Wanda telling sword this is NOT her Pietro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Something occurred to me while watching this episode. In the initial episodes Vision was totally innocent but as the decades have kept moving on he has become more aware and more open about his increasing awareness. It struck me that is also true of the tv shows of each era. In the 50s and 60s the shows were very innocent and depicted more wholesome/perfect lives. In the late 60s/70s they were becoming slightly more nuanced and the stories and jokes gave little nudge, nudge, wink, wink references to reality. By the 80s, shows were socially aware, open about sex and drugs but certainly lectured their audience to be good. By the Malcolm in the Middle era tv sitcoms presented much harsher sides of family life. Vision's realisation that something was wrong and his willingness to confront it, matches the way tv sitcoms presented family life in each era to some degree.

I'm sure it was pointed out already but Agnes was just credited as "Agnes"

And this is an example of why being weekly is actually not all bad. Would this thread be nearly 600 posts long if not for all the theories and discussion? If all episodes were released at once, people would be scared to come in here until they watch it, make a few comments, then mostly move on.

I'm sure it was pointed out already but Agnes was just credited as "Agnes"

And this is an example of why being weekly is actually not all bad. Would this thread be nearly 600 posts long if not for all the theories and discussion? If all episodes were released at once, people would be scared to come in here until they watch it, make a few comments, then mostly move on.

At the moment, I find looking forward to a TV show each week is the most I have going on. :D

What happens to the frozen people? When Pietro asks where she was hiding the kids, he says he assumes they were just lying peacefully in their beds until now. Surely they need to eat and drink, piss and shít. Is that what the ad with the kid not being able to eat food was about? Are these people who are frozen dying?

What happens to the frozen people? When Pietro asks where she was hiding the kids, he says he assumes they were just lying peacefully in their beds until now. Surely they need to eat and drink, piss and shít. Is that what the ad with the kid not being able to eat food was about? Are these people who are frozen dying?

Oooooooohhhhhhh that is a great, and effing dark, shout!

Was the kids he referred to not the twins and the fact they seemed to come from nowhere as 10 year olds, or whatever age they are.

Fr the frozen people, I was wondering how they were all dressed for Halloween. It was like they were all put into position to move when told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That scientist/hacker one is very annoying and one dimensional. She adds nothing to the show

Advertisement