Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

iguana wrote: »
    Something occurred to me while watching this episode. In the initial episodes Vision was totally innocent but as the decades have kept moving on he has become more aware and more open about his increasing awareness. It struck me that is also true of the tv shows of each era. In the 50s and 60s the shows were very innocent and depicted more wholesome/perfect lives. In the late 60s/70s they were becoming slightly more nuanced and the stories and jokes gave little nudge, nudge, wink, wink references to reality. By the 80s, shows were socially aware, open about sex and drugs but certainly lectured their audience to be good. By the Malcolm in the Middle era tv sitcoms presented much harsher sides of family life. Vision's realisation that something was wrong and his willingness to confront it, matches the way tv sitcoms presented family life in each era to some degree.

Good call. Remember in episode 2 the two single beds merged into one? That was also an example of a very slight increase in raunchiness, which happened in the late 60s, and although not self aware Vision was playing a “drunk”, and the action was more natural.

Why is Wanda doing this this way though? These are actually what is being transmitted so she is in control of what is being seen within the hex and broadcast. There may be no in universe explanation for that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was the kids he referred to not the twins and the fact they seemed to come from nowhere as 10 year olds, or whatever age they are.

Fr the frozen people, I was wondering how they were all dressed for Halloween. It was like they were all put into position to move when told.

No, he was talking about all the people. Mentions about her keeping the families together, personalities mostly the same. Plus a few episodes back Vision asks her why are there no kids about.

It is just Wanda setting up the "episode". We're doing a Halloween special today so she just magics everyone into position and changes their clothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Alex Garland:
    The Movie: Annihilation
    Kevin Feige:
    Hold my Brewery!

6: That was cool! I mean like.. not much more to say! Expecting
    Monica Rambeau's surprise contact is gonna be someone high enough level next episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

He does point out his reason for being there is to cause mayhem and drive up tension in the family (as the freeloading brother in-law sleeping on the couch) - and that is "what you (wanda) wanted". So his entire personality could simply be grounded in the tv trope rather than 'him'

Yeah, I think he's acting that way because that's how he's supposed to act for the "show", but he's a bit of an anomaly in the same way Agnes and Norm are. They're more self aware than other characters. Perhaps it's because they're interacting more with Wanda (since the further away they are, the less people act until they stop moving), or maybe they're plants for and/or are a secondary influence.
    CastorTroy wrote:
    Wasn't Wanda just talking about her brother before he appeared? Similar to how Agnes just happened to call over with a doghouse last week. Was said earlier in that episode how she always turns up with just what they need.

The doghouse I believe was directly Wanda, and it was implied she causes that. Her brother seemed a complete shock to her, and it doesn't seem that she actually had any (at least conscious) control over that.
    CastorTroy wrote:
    Fr the frozen people, I was wondering how they were all dressed for Halloween. It was like they were all put into position to move when told.

Either because they were manifested like that, or because they, like Vision, weren't given anything else to wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So next episode we're probably getting the mockumentary style from Modern Family or can anyone think of a show that came out before that but after Malcom in the Middle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Varik wrote: »
    So next episode we're probably getting the mockumentary style from Modern Family or can anyone think of a show that came out before that but after Malcom in the Middle.

I think this might be the end of the sitcom format. There's nowhere to really go with it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I think this might be the end of the sitcom format. There's nowhere to really go with it now.

Hope so

I'm enjoying it more now it's all out of the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Actually the modern family talking to the camera thing might drive a few things along.
    It would be a very handy way to break the 4th wall.

salmocab wrote: »
    Actually the modern family talking to the camera thing might drive a few things along.
    It would be a very handy way to break the 4th wall.

Yes, I agree. It’s also a fairly new style which defines the post Office age.

They might get rid of it in a few episodes though. As a causal watcher of Marvel movies or enjoyed the cleverness of the sitcoms. The other world building doesn’t really interest me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

I'm pretty I've read all the posts here and no mention of the play on words that is the shows title?

Good episode again this week, moving things along at a nice pace. I'm looking forward to each weeks episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

i'll be furious if it is.

If they wanted a different looking QS, or Aaron Taylor Johnson simply wasnt available then cast someone else. ANYONE ELSE.

To cast Fox version QS in the role, after Disney bought Fox, with people wondering how and when we will see X-Men in MCU - and for it to mean nothing... would be absolute BS.

If it isn't linked to the Fox movies, there is litterarly no good reason for it to have been done. It would just be utterly mean-spirited.

I think it would be brilliant tbh but I think they will reference it even if he isn't going to be the X QS.

Another great episode, I'm still not sure what think about what's going on and who's controlling everything. I really hope it's not Wanda because they'll have a fair old time trying to redeem her after all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'll be honest, I reckon a decent editor could make a coherent motion picture out of what we have seen so far without reshoots. This has been made into a series for the sake of getting 2 months worth of Disney+ subscriptions out of Marvel fans.
    I'm enjoying it, but I don't think it has rewatch value in this format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Was the kids he referred to not the twins and the fact they seemed to come from nowhere as 10 year olds, or whatever age they are.

That was my take, that the characters are in stasis when they are not needed for the "scene". Wanda had set up an elaborate trick or treat route, but visions "neighbourhood watch" meant the scene never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

flazio wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I reckon a decent editor could make a coherent motion picture out of what we have seen so far without reshoots. This has been made into a series for the sake of getting 2 months worth of Disney+ subscriptions out of Marvel fans.
    I'm enjoying it, but I don't think it has rewatch value in this format.

I dunno, I could see some hardcore marvel fans giving the show a rewatch in years to come as the next stage of the MCU films and tv progresses.

Spoilering the below because it's movie theorising, just in case.
    Not sure how much of an MCU fan you are, but if you remember in the lead-up to Endgame there were countless recommendations on previous movies to watch and focus on, like Thor Dark World, Winter Soldier, etc. I can see similar happen down the line when Phase 4 or higher progresses and we head towards the next big Endgame moment, as this is really what will probably kick everything off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm wondering what happens between the sitcom episodes. Like is there a marathon on and we only see 1 episode of each decade? Or does it go on repeat? Does it just go off air?
    Darcy tuned in to the first episode we saw. What was happening in there before that?

I'm wondering what happens between the sitcom episodes. Like is there a marathon on and we only see 1 episode of each decade? Or does it go on repeat? Does it just go off air?
    Darcy tuned in to the first episode we saw. What was happening in there before that?

Ya it really wouldn't be bad explaining that although I'm not sure if all of this may be happening in rapid succession. Are we actually sure multiple days have passed? It anyways seems to be night in the real world iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭klose

Think it was said they people monitoring the show watch it the whole time and there's multiple episodes we aren't seeing?

klose wrote: »
    Think it was said they people monitoring the show watch it the whole time and there's multiple episodes we aren't seeing?

When Darcy first saw Monica in the show it was a clip from an episode we hadn't seen before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is it likely that the people on the outskirts of Westville are starving to death because they can't move to feed themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any ideas what the Yo-Magic ad is going to reference going forward as I can't place it from anything already inside the the MCU world like the previous ads.

Edit: I'm guessing it is to do with the people inside the bubble not eating.

Nicely dark if it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Is it likely that the people on the outskirts of Westville are starving to death because they can't move to feed themselves?

thats a bit too grim for Disney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

thats a bit too grim for Disney

Especially when you consider where all the other kids were before Halloween :eek:

Were they all just stuck in stasis somewhere, or in their beds like Peter suggested the whole time? I can't imagine she manufactured them all.

I had to go back and rewind because I wasn’t sure if this was the real skeleton of a child who had died and decayed or a costume. I actually think it’s just a decoration because I don’t think even if someone had died they would have decayed that quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Any ideas what the Yo-Magic ad is going to reference going forward as I can't place it from anything already inside the the MCU world like the previous ads.

Edit: I'm guessing it is to do with the people inside the bubble not eating.

Nicely dark if it is.

I took the yomagic thing as the kid couldn't break the seal so he died , so the people inside can't break the seal so they're going to die

FunLover18 wrote: »
    When Darcy first saw Monica in the show it was a clip from an episode we hadn't seen before.

Did she not see her in the second episode we saw when they were at the garden committee meeting, or whatever it was?

Did she not see her in the second episode we saw when they were at the garden committee meeting, or whatever it was?

Nope it was a scene with Monica sitting on a bench the foreground while Wanda talked with Agnes in the background. Then she saw them at the committee and remarked that she'd be upgraded to a speaking part.

Would've been funny if, for the 90's sitcom, they chose to do That 70's Show. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

Would've been funny if, for the 90's sitcom, they chose to do That 70's Show. :)

They skipped the 90s sitcom but a Full House skit would have been nice with Quicksilver doing an Uncle Jesse bit with the kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,825 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A little disappointed with this weeks episode but things are ticking along nicely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

paulie1983 wrote: »
    They skipped the 90s sitcom but a Full House skit would have been nice with Quicksilver doing an Uncle Jesse bit with the kids.

The beginning of the latest episode was Malcolm in the Middle

Advertisement