Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I took the yomagic thing as the kid couldn't break the seal so he died , so the people inside can't break the seal so they're going to die

Saw elsewhere that it iwas a reference to Wanda being on the Raft prison and locked away from her powers. Island = Prison.

On your reading of it - the 'food' the shark gave the kids was Yo-Magic - so the kid died because they couldn't access magic. Which isn't the same as people not being able to get out from the Hex.

I wonder if we will look back on these when the series is over and see a more coherent and important message in them.

The TV show itself is something Wanda (could be someone else) is broadcasting out (why?)
    The 'previously on' is something Wanda (could be someone else) is broadcasting out (why?)
    So the Ads we are seeing is also something Wanda ((could be someone else) is broadcasting out (why?)

If we assume it is Wanda that is broadcasting this out - she is telling people something - everything will have a point to it. If Wanda is giving the outside world messages with all of this, it could be her way of looking for help. It could be she is under some sort of control like the other people. Not in the exact same way, but it could be she has been manipulated and though has control of what she is doing in general terms, her motivations and actions are being sparked by something else. So the ads etc could be her sub-concious looking for a way to give messages, without being 'seen'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Can I speculate about the next episode here in spoiler tags. Pure speculation and what I’d love to see happen...

I’m completely hooked on the idea of Monica’s aerospace engineer friend being Reed Richards of the Fantastic 4. Not only that, I’m 100% sold on John Krasinski playing Richards and his real life wife Emily Blunt playing Sue Storm, the Invisible Woman.

Will they do it? I don’t think so. Could they do it?, yes absolutely. Krasinski is on record as saying he loves the MCU and what Feige is doing and that he’d be up for a role if it was offered.

If the next episode is a Modern Family/The Office style mockumentary then it’d be all kinds of funny to bring Krasinski (he played Jim on the American Office) in on that episode.

Could the Fantastic 4 already have their powers and it happened during the Blip? Maybe. We’ve been spared Spidermans origin story so skipping over their origin story would be fine. Do we need to see them gain their powers? I don’t really think we do as we’ve seen two poor attempts at it already.

At this stage it’d be a bit of a let down if her aerospace engineer friend was not someone we already know, or someone important from the comics, as it’s being played as if its a reveal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

That's all well and good but I reckon the line 'We've lost a team in space' is very much to do with F4 getting their powers off screen.

That's all well and good but I reckon the line 'We've lost a team in space' is very much to do with F4 getting their powers off screen.

Yep, it makes sense. Their origin story isn't worth going near again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

madalig12 wrote: »
    If they dont do 'friends' im gonna be pissed

Why would you get drunk if they don't do 'Friends'?

• Advertisement

I must have missed that. Who said that, and in what episode? I’m completely fine with them getting their powers off screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Agree with that group being F4, however I really doubt they'll get their powers off screen.

They'll definitely use SWORD so they can speed through a lot of the build-up but given the timeline I don't see any of the other content coming out sets up the easy 'origin' story recap they had for Spider-man in Civil War.

At this stage the only new content release that makes some sense to piggyback could be Secret Invasion if Fury is tied to SWORD, though we haven't seen any evidence yet of SWORD knowingly working with Skrulls, like Fury appears to be. If they did they could show the team before leaving for their mission and then in the movie deals with them arriving back. I know we've seen it twice and I've no interest in seeing it again but I don't see how you introduce F4 into the current MCU without seeing them getting their powers in some form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why would you get drunk if they don't do 'Friends'?

Just another excuse.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I must have missed that. Who said that, and in what episode? I’m completely fine with them getting their powers off screen.

Tyler says it in Episode 4 to Monica.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Agree with that group being F4, however I really doubt they'll get their powers off screen.

They'll definitely use SWORD so they can speed through a lot of the build-up but given the timeline I don't see any of the other content coming out sets up the easy 'origin' story recap they had for Spider-man in Civil War.

At this stage the only new content release that makes some sense to piggyback could be Secret Invasion if Fury is tied to SWORD, though we haven't seen any evidence yet of SWORD knowingly working with Skrulls, like Fury appears to be. If they did they could show the team before leaving for their mission and then in the movie deals with them arriving back. I know we've seen it twice and I've no interest in seeing it again but I don't see how you introduce F4 into the current MCU without seeing them getting their powers in some form.

They did it with Spiderman when introducing him in Civil War, and didn't really give any history into him becoming Spiderman in Homecoming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

With the comics I always liked that Spiderman and the Human Torch (F4) were friends and at times roommates. With it all heading together for the MCU that's all I really want that they're both close in age, but might not be the easiest to sort out why a teenager was with a secret Sword space mission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Varik wrote: »
    With the comics I always liked that Spiderman and the Human Torch (F4) were friends and at times roommates. With it all heading together for the MCU that's all I really want that they're both close in age, but might not be the easiest to sort out why a teenager was with a secret Sword space mission.

Also if they go with the Blunt and Krasinksi casting, Blunt having a teenage brother wouldn't be very believable.

In terms of the F4 origins, I agree I wouldn't want to see them again but I would wonder if their origins are as well known as Spidey's. It's not like a lot of people saw the other movies :D

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Also if they go with the Blunt and Krasinksi casting, Blunt having a teenage brother wouldn't be very believable.

In terms of the F4 origins, I agree I wouldn't want to see them again but I would wonder if their origins are as well known as Spidey's. It's not like a lot of people saw the other movies :D

On an outer-space adventure they got hit by cosmic rays, and the four would change forever In some most fantastic ways.

Not the deepest origin.

If it was a movie you could skip act 1 and be fine. For Spiderman they skipped over the spider bite and Uncle ben but Homecoming still dealt with a lot of what you'd have had in a full origin movie.

No point coming up with theory for it, as they'll do what they'll do in the end but there's also the blip, so that 5 years while not much could explain away the age difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I thought it to be The Guardians and Thor maybe. It would be amazing to bring F4 into the MCU but I don't think it's happening just yet.

I'm amazed by how powerful Wanda is getting, no matter the reason for it she is changing reality for everyone in the area and after the latest episode that area just got bigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The MCU are mad for their child prodigies :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

Would it be too confusing if Chris Evans came back as Johnny Storm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

shawki wrote: »
    Would it be too confusing if Chris Evans came back as Johnny Storm?

I would say so, yes. And I would argue that it would take awa from Cap/Chris' departure from Endgame and piss off fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I would say so, yes. And I would argue that it would take awa from Cap/Chris' departure from Endgame and piss off fans.

I could see there being meta in-universe comments from characters mentioning that Johnny looks a bit like Cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    It would be amazing to bring F4 into the MCU but I don't think it's happening just yet.

Yeah, they're not shooting that shot in WandaVision. Same with the X-Men/mutants.

Don't they essentially have to make the fantastic 4 young or say theve been in space for like 20 years or reed richards would have had some input in previous movies

Don't they essentially have to make the fantastic 4 young or say theve been in space for like 20 years or reed richards would have had some input in previous movies

Without their powers I don't think they'd be having much input to the MCU up to that point.

It's not like they're mutants, who as a group would have effected things.

• Advertisement

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    I thought it to be The Guardians and Thor maybe. It would be amazing to bring F4 into the MCU but I don't think it's happening just yet.

I'm amazed by how powerful Wanda is getting, no matter the reason for it she is changing reality for everyone in the area and after the latest episode that area just got bigger.

Tyler specifically stated he had a team of astronauts lost in space, not The Guardians or even the Asgardians. I'm hoping we're nicely surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any chance the Fantastic Four were on the spaceship with Fury and this also brings in The Eternals after the spaceship gets lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

No gaps being left between the end of WandaVision & the start of The Falcon & The Winter Soldier.

https://twitter.com/wandavision/status/1361676709154668544

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

Do a Quicksilver and pull The Human Torch from the other universe. I hear rumours that Chris Evans is due to return ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

They did it with Spiderman when introducing him in Civil War, and didn't really give any history into him becoming Spiderman in Homecoming.

I pointed to the differences with Spider-man in my post. Not only have we seen many more movies and shows of Parker but they had Stark be able to give an overview of what he has been up to and we still got to see most of him dealing with his new powers in school, the suit etc.

One teenage boy dealing with new powers is also far more relatable and easier to get up to speed on his personal relationships than four adult scientists/astronauts. Without seeing who they were before powers it is tough to convey how the world has changed for them now, impacted their relationships with each other and people outside the team.

I'd love for them to skip it but with the new focus on space in this new phase, between Fury and SWORD already, I don't see how they skip them getting their powers or why they'd skip that potential tie in opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

What? Captain America as the Human Torch? Knowing Wanda she'll probably cast somebody like, I dunno, Killmonger for example.

This could still kind of happen. Peter got blipped for 5 years. His friend Johnny may not have been blipped, aged 5 years and is now Zac Efron... I mean The Human Torch.

Seriously though have you seen the fan art of Krasinski, Blunt, Efron, and John Cena as the Fantastic 4. I’d be totally up for that casting.

flazio wrote: »
    What? Captain America as the Human Torch? Knowing Wanda she'll probably cast somebody like, I dunno, Killmonger for example.

Chris Evans (Cap) played Human Torch in the first F4 movies... It would be parodying Evan Peters replacing Aaron Taylor Johnson as Pietro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chris Evans (Cap) played Human Torch in the first F4 movies... It would be parodying Evan Peters replacing Aaron Taylor Johnson as Pietro

And Killmonger was Johnny Storm in the 2015 F4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,825 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Few big spoilers on Youtube apparently

Advertisement