Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

And Killmonger was Johnny Storm in the 2015 F4.

Indeed, but I've a suspicion the other poster didn't make that connection on purpose :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Come on, what do you take me for?
    4nxcj7krkhg11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Chris Evans one good

Killmonger one HULK SMASH HEAD OFF WALL

If anything happens with F4 in this time frame it'll be before they have gone up on any adventures a little part of me thinks Monica has gone to meet Agent Coulson rather than Reed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭klose

I've read she hasn't been sacked as she was technically not under contract? As such, they just aren't hiring her again?

Varik wrote: »
    Without their powers I don't think they'd be having much input to the MCU up to that point.

It's not like they're mutants, who as a group would have effected things.

One of the most intelligent people and foremost scientists on the planet? For example around iron man two I'd have expected he would have been contacted alongside hammer industries to recreate the ironman suit

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    I've read she hasn't been sacked as she was technically not under contract? As such, they just aren't hiring her again?

Huh? Who are you talking about? Someone on Wandavision was sacked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

klose wrote: »

I'm guessing this is for the Mando thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

One of the most intelligent people and foremost scientists on the planet? For example around iron man two I'd have expected he would have been contacted alongside hammer industries to recreate the ironman suit

Hank Pym created Ultron in the comics he had nothing to do with that in the MCU theyll explain the omission of F4 by Reed being a college professor or they were off planet training for space exploration or theyll make them up and coming rather than already established characters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is for the Mando thread

Did you not hear?! It's bigger than Fantastic 4 joining wandavision....
    baby Yoda is the using the force to control Wanda and is the real villain here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Hank Pym created Ultron in the comics he had nothing to do with that in the MCU theyll explain the omission of F4 by Reed being a college professor or they were off planet training for space exploration or theyll make them up and coming rather than already established characters

Smart guys and astronauts you can definitely explain away for not being front and center so far, sure we never heard of SWORD until now. We saw in Endgame how they weaved a solid explanation about what the Ancient One was doing during the attack on NY.

What they can't really explain as easily aside from some multiverse angle is if the F4 have been around with their powers and somehow just stayed out of every incident until now, only to suddenly take a key role now in protecting the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I know covid has messed with all our perceptions of time but Iron Man 2 was in 2010. Wandavision is taking place in late 2023. That’s 13 years so even if Reed Richards turns up at the age of 35 years of age then he would have been 22 around Iron Man 2.

I think we can accept that no matter how smart he was at the age of 22 it’s completely plausible they weren’t running to his college campus to help sort out Iron Mans problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

The real trick with the FF will be finding a hook with them that makes them special within the MCU. They've got that ushering in of the Marvel Age aspect in the comics but it'll be easy to come across as just another group of superheroes on-screen.

Multiverses have been done, plucking them out of a different time period has been done, and just finding them missing on a Fantastic Voyage style adventure has been covered with Ant-Man.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I know covid has messed with all our perceptions of time but Iron Man 2 was in 2010. Wandavision is taking place in late 2023. That’s 13 years so even if Reed Richards turns up at the age of 35 years of age then he would have been 22 around Iron Man 2.

I think we can accept that no matter how smart he was at the age of 22 it’s completely plausible they weren’t running to his college campus to help sort out Iron Mans problems.

My god endgame feels like 10 years ago at this stage

Don't mean to bring this off topic but you'd feel the best way to do f4 as a trilogy of non crossover movies where they start around college age and you see them grow into their roles over a few movies. I hope they avoid to much crossover with new characters. Allow them to develop on their own and a few movies in you can do a crossover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,825 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is the Thing not a lot older then the rest of the Fantastic 4 ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is the Thing not a lot older then the rest of the Fantastic 4 ?

Ben Grimm and Reed Richards were at university together along with Doctor Doom (it's where his experiment blows up in his face before he bogs off back to Latveria). Sue Storm's slightly, or a worrying amount, younger depending on when published.

Johnny Storm's the same age to a couple of years older than Peter Parker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

flazio wrote: »
    Come on, what do you take me for?
    4nxcj7krkhg11.jpg

Why does Evan's Johnny Storm only have 1 arm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

He was considering the role of Winter Soldier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

He had an itch in his back?

The irony of the username asking this question is not lost on me.
    Arms tend to be disposable assets across the Marvel sphere. Bucky, Coulson, Yo-yo, Misty Knight and Ulysses Klaue have all needed helping hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Chris Evans one good

Killmonger one HULK SMASH HEAD OFF WALL

If anything happens with F4 in this time frame it'll be before they have gone up on any adventures a little part of me thinks Monica has gone to meet Agent Coulson rather than Reed

Coulson would be a very difficult character to bring in.

He died in Avengers.
    I don't think his return in Agents has been mentioned on film.
    Agent coulson after 7 seasons of AoS is in a very different place - very different.

If they brough Coulson back and utterly ignored everything that happened in AoS I would be annoyed.

Re Coulson on AOS.
    He's dead there too. Dies at the end of Season 5, Clark played a doppelganger in Season 6 and a Life Model Decoy of Coulson in Season 7.
    Way too much back story to fill everyone in on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

flazio wrote: »
    Re Coulson on AOS.
    He's dead there too. Dies at the end of Season 5, Clark played a doppelganger in Season 6 and a Life Model Decoy of Coulson in Season 7.
    Way too much back story to fill everyone in on.

You don't need to fill anyone in on anything more than what a
    LMD
    is, there's no need to reconnect AOS into the MCU or to fill people in on what happened.
    Coulson died and here's a robot.

Varik wrote: »
    You don't need to fill anyone in on anything more than what a
    LMD
    is, there's no need to reconnect AOS into the MCU or to fill people in on what happened.
    Coulson died and here's a robot.

FYI I'm on AOS Season 3 (binge watching) so, I'm up to where Coulson has a
    robotic fore arm

Let's keep this to WandaVision - there's a thread for AOS, which I'm avoiding.

Coulson would be a very difficult character to bring in.

He died in Avengers.
    I don't think his return in Agents has been mentioned on film.
    Agent coulson after 7 seasons of AoS is in a very different place - very different.

If they brough Coulson back and utterly ignored everything that happened in AoS I would be annoyed.

Skrull Coulson in Secret Invasion it is!
    FYI I'm on AOS Season 3 (binge watching) so, I'm up to where Coulson has a
    robotic fore arm

Let's keep this to WandaVision - there's a thread for AOS, which I'm avoiding.

Is there a general MCU TV thread?

Why explain anything? They never felt the need to explain anything in the films. They just assume everyone has seen every film.
    Like are all films in the future meant to explain or ignore the events of the Disney+ series or just assume people have watched the series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Why explain anything? They never felt the need to explain anything in the films. They just assume everyone has seen every film.
    Like are all films in the future meant to explain or ignore the events of the Disney+ series or just assume people have watched the series?

Far more reasonable to make assumptions based on having seen the films than 7 seasons of a show they have basically ignored, and which went off on its own direction for the last 3 seasons at least.

Also, Marvel are treating these as part of the MCU, so yes - in broad terms I reckon that if you want to fully understand the detail of the movies, seeing the tv series will be needed. I do reckon they will do catch ups prior to the movies as short explainers, or provide enough exposition in the films to give people the main beats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think Disney's answers is subscribe to Disney plus, and never stop watching.

Only going to become an issue in the future when new films come to the cinema where there could be overlap between new films and new shows. Unless post covid they keep releasing new stuff on Disney plus with the extra fee.

All of AoS is available on Disney+ as well now.
    As for overlap, I remember the first season of AoS overlapped with Winter Soldier where the episode before the US release was pretty much standard while the week after tied into the film's big reveal. So if you didn't see the film, AoS ruined the twist.
    The film came out here a week or 2 before the US so we had more time to see it, if we were keeping up with the US AoS schedule.

Anyway back on topic, did someone say the final 3 episodes are longer than previous year episodes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭joficeduns1

All of AoS is available on Disney+ as well now.
    As for overlap, I remember the first season of AoS overlapped with Winter Soldier where the episode before the US release was pretty much standard while the week after tied into the film's big reveal. So if you didn't see the film, AoS ruined the twist.
    The film came out here a week or 2 before the US so we had more time to see it, if we were keeping up with the US AoS schedule.

Anyway back on topic, did someone say the final 3 episodes are longer than previous year episodes?

I think that's speculation at this point following Feige saying that the series would be about 6 hours of content. I'd expect them to be slightly longer given that we only have one more sitcom based episode and likely a lot of points to resolve.

Advertisement