Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

That's a given. What is more evident is that Elizabeth Olsen is an amazing actress.the tone changes had made her a real stand out for me

First encountered her in Martha Marcy Mae Marlene and I would say she's one of the best actors out there. One concern about her being stuck in Marvel verse and not facing the challenges she would elsewhere. But must say she's shining in this. Do hope she goes back to normal cinema at some point in near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Hahn is such a wonderful comedy actor, think I first encountered her in Parks and Rec. Hope this opens up more roles for her, she has wonderful range.

She’s so so good in Parks and Rec. In a show filled with strong performances she really stands out as exceptional. An absolute delight in every scenes she’s in.

And it’s the same in Wandavision. She’s knocking it out of the park every week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I do not remember Hahn in Parks and Rec at all, was she in to for long?

I think the first thing I saw her in was Step Brothers, fantastic comedic performance. I feel she's played a lot of those comic side characters or best friends. She's kind of the successor to Joan Cusack, another brilliant and underrated actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Warbeastrior

FunLover18 wrote:

She was a recurring character. She was a campaign manager who would help Leslie's opponent usually.

She was brilliant in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

FunLover18 wrote: »

While she was just a recurring character she had what was probably the single best one word line of the whole series. As already quoted upthread; PONCHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Love Hahn. She's got great comic timing

iguana wrote: »
    While she was just a recurring character she had what was probably the single best one word line of the whole series. As already quoted upthread; PONCHO.

I guess you had to be there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’m loving this show. Everything about it I’m loving. I’m delighted it’s a tv show and not a movie as trying to stuff this into a 2 hour movie would be horrific.
    The tv show format inside the show is also such a fun idea and something I haven’t seen before.

The Agatha jingle was genius. It replaced the standard speech a villain normally gives to the hero when they reveal themselves.

I’m genuinely wishing away the days to get to the next episode. FATWS has a lot to live up to after Wandavision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Can other comicbook readers answer a question on Agatha. I'll spoiler it to be on the safe side.
    Do you consider her a villain? I have never taken Agatha to be a straight up villain. She's got her own agenda sure, but she's a hero/ally more often than an antagonist. She was Franklin Richard's nanny for many years and protected him and other FF members at times. Her relationship with Wanda is complex but she is often someone who helps her out.

Can other comicbook readers answer a question on Agatha. I'll spoiler it to be on the safe side.
    Do you consider her a villain? I have never taken Agatha to be a straight up villain. She's got her own agenda sure, but she's a hero/ally more often than an antagonist. She was Franklin Richard's nanny for many years and protected him and other FF members at times. Her relationship with Wanda is complex but she is often someone who helps her out.

I had to Google her and that's the impression I got too.

• Advertisement

This is all supposition based on the show... One thing that I don't think is clear is how much Agnes is actually doing. Her song for example indicates that much of her role has been breaking the TV show so things begin to break and Vision started to break free. So I have a suspicion that most of the reality is still manufactured by Wanda. I'm not sure if Agnes is doing something truly nefarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

GSPfan wrote: »
    I’m loving this show. Everything about it I’m loving. I’m delighted it’s a tv show and not a movie as trying to stuff this into a 2 hour movie would be horrific.
    The tv show format inside the show is also such a fun idea and something I haven’t seen before.

The Agatha jingle was genius. It replaced the standard speech a villain normally gives to the hero when they reveal themselves.

I’m genuinely wishing away the days to get to the next episode. FATWS has a lot to live up to after Wandavision.

My sentiments exactly, I agree with every single thing you’ve said here. It really is a delightful show, and the evolving sitcom within the show is just so original and fun. I love Elizabeth Olsen’s performance in the role of the American housewife and mother just trying to do her best in this strange situation that she’s found herself in. Really do look forward to Friday’s more than ever, and I’ll be sad when it comes to an end.

This is all supposition based on the show... One thing that I don't think is clear is how much Agnes is actually doing. Her song for example indicates that much of her role has been breaking the TV show so things begin to break and Vision started to break free. So I have a suspicion that most of the reality is still manufactured by Wanda. I'm not sure if Agnes is doing something truly nefarious.

But the song says she was behind it all? She introduced Pietro at a pivotal moment when Vision was getting close to the truth but at the same time I see where you would get that impression because it also showed her deliberately messing with Vision which led to him trying to leave. I am very confused and it did occur to me that she seemed to arrive when the "sitcom" was already in full swing as we saw her fly in and change her outfit.

Something I noticed about her character when I was doing my own research and I'm going to spoiler because it hasn't been mentioned in the show yet
    is that in the comics she has a son, Nicholas Scratch, who is more of a villain and I remembered that she called the rabbit Scratchy, probably no more than a knowing wink but still.

I sort of think TV show being a product of Wanda's mind has to turn out to be true rather than her being controlled or something. Cause it heavily damages the concept of what the trauma did to her. The created world is such a powerful concept and I think losing it would strip away the strength of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Looking like we're waiting for the big Mephisto reveal... it's most likely someone from outside the town.....plus with Agatha Harkness on board..is Herb going to turn out to be ebony?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’m not going to Spoiler this as it’s assumed everyone reading is up to date with the latest episode....

Agatha hasn’t actually killed anyone or done anything particularly unforgivable yet except killing Sparky. Whether it’s Wanda or Agatha or a mixture of both controlling this town of people they haven’t crossed the line yet. Yet.

I’m not going to Spoiler this as it’s assumed everyone reading is up to date with the latest episode....

Agatha hasn’t actually killed anyone or done anything particularly unforgivable yet except killing Sparky. Whether it’s Wanda or Agatha or a mixture of both controlling this town of people they haven’t crossed the line yet. Yet.

Not seen the John Wicks movies then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Marvel misdirection has always been at play I can see one or more other characters Hayward and maybe some of the townsfolk being true villains there is a big ploy in the adverts seen in each episode with those brands changing but the ones mentioned have relationship to Wanda either her past present or future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

Puppy murder isn't crossing the line?

I still think there has to be something in the recaps being slightly off. There was another one in this when Vision told Agnes (as he knew her) that he was going outside to apprise the situation and get help.

• Advertisement

Kidnapping a whole town, terrorising them... people on the outskirts trapped in monotonous boomerangs whilst crying...some things are perhaps worse than death

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

FunLover18 wrote: »
    But the song says she was behind it all? She introduced Pietro at a pivotal moment when Vision was getting close to the truth but at the same time I see where you would get that impression because it also showed her deliberately messing with Vision which led to him trying to leave. I am very confused and it did occur to me that she seemed to arrive when the "sitcom" was already in full swing as we saw her fly in and change her outfit.

Something I noticed about her character when I was doing my own research and I'm going to spoiler because it hasn't been mentioned in the show yet
    is that in the comics she has a son, Nicholas Scratch, who is more of a villain and I remembered that she called the rabbit Scratchy, probably no more than a knowing wink but still.

It could be the case that Agatha here is
    kind of a combination of the Agatha character from the comics, but with her comic son's more villainous side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

STUPID AGATHA SONG STUCK IN MY STUPID HEAD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Kidnapping a whole town, terrorising them... people on the outskirts trapped in monotonous boomerangs whilst crying...some things are perhaps worse than death

No evidence yet that Agatha is the main cause of any of that.

All the actions we saw in her (incredible) montage was doing things that are putting stress on Wanda (like controlling Pietro who was messing things up and killing the dog) or pushing Vision away from her (the chainsaw and car). If anything it appears she has been weakening and isolating Wanda for reasons that have nothing to do with the situation the town is in, most likely to get her in the position to trap her like we've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

tbahh wrote: »
    A brilliant episode. I think we all knew something was up with Agnes. Her intro song was fun and catchy, too. It all has to "kick off" now. I don't really see Agnes sticking around after the show ends, either. Probably replaced by the 'real' villain of the next phase.

I wonder now that we know who Agnes is, will they stop doing the comedy-show pastiches? Apart from the obvious The Office and Modern Family references, the end part reminded me quite a lot of Desperate Housewives. In a way, Wanda has become one now. The show (DH) is also part of ABC's (i.e. Disney's) repertoire, too.

With the right writers I'd be very much open to them doing a Kathryn Hahn led Disney+ mini series showing Agnes through history (presuming she isn't a mortal character that received her powers recently).

Given how well the character has been received I don't think it would be too farfetched.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

ArthurG wrote: »
    STUPID AGATHA SONG STUCK IN MY STUPID HEAD

And she killed Sparky too...!

Foxtrol wrote: »
    No evidence yet that Agatha is the main cause of any of that.

All the actions we saw in her (incredible) montage was doing things that are putting stress on Wanda (like controlling Pietro who was messing things up and killing the dog) or pushing Vision away from her (the chainsaw and car). If anything it appears she has been weakening and isolating Wanda for reasons that have nothing to do with the situation the town is in, most likely to get her in the position to trap her like we've seen.

I never said she was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Not seen the John Wicks movies then ;)

can someone explain the John Wick reference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone else still waiting for sweet dreams when Pietro is on screen

Advertisement