Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

can someone explain the John Wick reference?

His dog, that his late wife left him was murdered, bringing John back into his previous line of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I think most people who watched from the beginning understood what the show was trying to do and as you say it was a slow burn mystery, but the thing about slow burns is that do they have enough to keep the attention during the more quieter moments?

You used Breaking Bad as an example and I'll follow suit by using Better Call Saul; the latter was arguably a slower burn than BB, but it had enough about it to keep the viewer interested. I would say Wandavision probably took a bit too much for granted in the early episodes but it's inconsequential at this point.

Are you saying what happened in the early episodes were 'inconsequential' or that the complaints are? If you meant the former, at minimum they introduce us to the world, the characters, their initial state of mind and all of this has been built up to where we are now. Without those episodes the show simply wouldn't work, for starters the Agnes montage wouldn't be 'It was Agatha all along', it would be 'It was Agatha over this tiny period of time'.

I also don't think those show comparisons work at all for an excuse for the impatience of some here and elsewhere.

The screen time in the first 4 episodes of Wandavison is around the same as the first 2 episodes of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. By the end of episode 4 of Wandavision they'd built out what had happened in the Hex, introduced 2 characters that might be long term in the MCU, and caught up on everything that was happening outside of the Hex. While in the two examples of other shows that you mentioned the story had barely even started.

Again, it seems that some people are just confusing not liking something (i.e., the Sitcom piece) and the pace of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

shawki wrote: »
    Puppy murder isn't crossing the line?

No not in the MCU. Wanda herself has a checkered past. The Winter Soldier has done some seriously horrible things. Killing a real or fake puppy and holding a town hostage through mind control is not something that would definitively paint Agatha firmly into the villain category.

Look at Loki. You can do all sorts of atrocities and still redeem yourself later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

It's been confirmed that Wanda will be part of the Dr Strange series ya? So I'm guessing
    he's going to make an appearance in this soon, maybe something to do with that book in agatha's basement? Wasn't there a bit about forbidden books in Dr Strange movie and one of them was missing

RedRochey wrote: »
    It's been confirmed that Wanda will be part of the.....

Be careful about speculation without spoiler tags, especially because you could be spot on with that guess. It’s a logical assumption. But people will blame you for spoiling it if you’re correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

GSPfan wrote: »
    Be careful about speculation without spoiler tags, especially because you could be spot on with that guess. It’s a logical assumption. But people will blame you for spoiling it if you’re correct.

Changed it there thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Wanda being in the next Doctor Strange movie isn't speculation... She's on the literal cover of it.

The forbidden books that were stolen was to do with Kaecillius, there was a whole scene showing it.

Wanda being in the next Doctor Strange movie isn't speculation... She's on the literal cover of it.

The forbidden books that were stolen was to do with Kaecillius, there was a whole scene showing it.

The speculation referred to what might happen in Wandavision. We can come back to it after the last episode airs. I don’t really mind spoilers too much but some people really hate it so best to be safe even if it is just speculation. No harm done, it’s just this particular speculation could be highly accurate if you put the pieces together.

I'm actually surprised that
    Strange hasn't shown up yet, given his role of Supreme Sorcerer
    , and that Wanda's hex in Westview should've set alarm bells ringing.

Granted that could all change with either episode 8 or 9.

Also with the shows events being 3 weeks after Endgame, you'd have to wonder what Fury makes of it all on the S.W.O.R.D space station.

Then again Hayward is acting Director, so could be keeping him in the loop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Also with the shows events being 3 weeks after Endgame, you'd have to wonder what Fury makes of it all on the S.W.O.R.D space station.

I saw a video the otherday where someone pointed out (Spiderman Far From Home slight spoiler:) that
    Far From Home was happening roughly the same time as where Wandavision is now, and that when Peter asked if Dr Strange couldn't help out Fury said he was unavailable. So he's probably lurking in the background in some capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I saw a video the otherday where someone pointed out (Spiderman Far From Home slight spoiler:) that
    Far From Home was happening roughly the same time as where Wandavision is now, and that when Peter asked if Dr Strange couldn't help out Fury said he was unavailable. So he's probably lurking in the background in some capacity.

Spiderman Far From Home takes place about 8 months after Endgame, whereas Wandavision is only set 3 weeks after Endgame.

Penn wrote: »
    Spiderman Far From Home takes place about 8 months after Endgame, whereas Wandavision is only set 3 weeks after Endgame.

He could still be tied up with Wanda's mess by that stage *shrugs*

Penn wrote: »
    He could still be tied up with Wanda's mess by that stage *shrugs*

Or theory Wanda's hex
    with help from Agatha, could have expanded around the globe by season's finale
    , and proving more difficult than
    Strange
    originally anticipated.

Who knows? Cause I sure don't :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

My guess is Dr Strange is the pet rabbit.

Lashes28 wrote: »
    My guess is Dr Strange is the pet rabbit.
    In the comics Agatha Harkness has a son called Nicolas Scratch (Senor Scratchie?) who has pretty much the same powers as her mind control, manipulation etc. Although it that is the case I don't know why he's effectively taking the role of Agatha's familiar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

Can we start a placing bets on who this Luke Skywalker level cameo is going to be?

My guess is Dolph Lundgren's Punisher 5,000/1

Can we start a placing bets on who this Luke Skywalker level cameo is going to be?

Michael Fassbender's Magneto
    is my guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

If it's akin to Luke Skywalker, then it has to be Thor, Spiderman or some reincarnation of Iron Man.... anything else doesn't fit the top billing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

If it's akin to Luke Skywalker, then it has to be Thor, Spiderman or some reincarnation of Iron Man.... anything else doesn't fit the top billing

I dunno. I’d be underwhelmed if they showed up, we know they are out there. But them showing up is not quite the Luke Skywalker reaction people are expecting. For example people would lose their heads if Michael Fassbender or Ian mckellen showed up as Magneto or even John Krasinksi as Reed. Im not saying it has to be them but i suspect it’s someone who will set social media on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I would suspect there is a decent chance that Fury hasn't left earth yet - on the presumption that the Fury we saw dusting in the post credits for Infinity War was actually Fury.

As for Dr Strange, I'm not sure the Hex so far would necessarily set the alarm bells ringing. Most of the focus of sorcerers seems to be protecting the sanctums, which at this point this is no threat to. What Wands is doing isn't even 'magic' given that it is derived from an infinity stone. Agnes on the other hand might link in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I already said it's Drax. He's been standing in the background of every episode since the series started.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I would suspect there is a decent chance that Fury hasn't left earth yet - on the presumption that the Fury we saw dusting in the post credits for Infinity War was actually Fury.

As for Dr Strange, I'm not sure the Hex so far would necessarily set the alarm bells ringing. Most of the focus of sorcerers seems to be protecting the sanctums, which at this point this is no threat to. What Wands is doing isn't even 'magic' given that it is derived from an infinity stone. Agnes on the other hand might link in.

I remember reading somewhere, or maybe it was a YouTube video that the Fury dusted in Infinity War was THE Fury, and that after Tony's funeral in Endgame, he had Talos assume his identity and place on Earth while he went took care of things off planet - as seen in Far From Home.

I really would be surprised if it was anyone but
    Dr Strange arriving to announced that we've got a big problem
    , either as a last-second pre-credit roll moment or a mid-credit scene, but I can see Feige throwing an extra surprise in, which could be the sought after
    John Krasinski as Reed Richards or Fassbender as Magneto

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Bettany has said it is someone he has wanted to work with his whole life, so I'm thinking it's someone older and possibly also British but not necessarily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Is
    Krasinski
    official yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

OU812 wrote: »
    Is
    Krasinski
    official yet?

Nah, pure speculation and wishful thinking.

How come there is no MCU thread. I feel like we need one at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There's an entire Superheroes forum that nobody uses.
    https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1740

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057266639

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Maybe it's actually going to be Luke Skywalker. I mean if Marvel is going to introduce the multiverse, they might as well go totally off the wall with it and introduce Star Wars. Except, it won't be the Luke Skywalker of the recent movies. But the Luke Skywalker of the expanded universe (Legends) books.:p

Advertisement