Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Real shame they couldn't get Aaron Taylor Johnson back for a few scenes, even for these flashback scenes (keep Fietro for the previous few episodes, but have the real Pietro in a few flashbacks).

And so it really was just Wanda who created Westview. Agatha just sensed the power and piggybacked on it to find out what was going on and test Wanda.

Hard to see where things will end up, but it's been a great series. I've really enjoyed it thoughout.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

shawki wrote: »
    Can we start a placing bets on who this Luke Skywalker level cameo is going to be?

My guess is Dolph Lundgren's Punisher 5,000/1

Paul Bettany to win troll of the year 2021.

"There is one character that has not been revealed. And it is very exciting. It is an actor I've longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together and I think the chemistry between us is extraordinary and fireworks on set."

Answer :
    Himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Penn wrote: »
    Real shame they couldn't get Aaron Taylor Johnson back for a few scenes, even for these flashback scenes (keep Fietro for the previous few episodes, but have the real Pietro in a few flashbacks).

Do we know that they couldn't? Wouldn't be surprised if Wanda gets to say goodbye to him and Vision in the end and we get two Young Avengers™ so it's not all loss for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So fake Pietro was just that. Not X-Men Pietro.
    Was waiting for Agnes to say where she got him or his image from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So fake Pietro was just that. Not X-Men Pietro.
    Was waiting for Agnes to say where she got him or his image from

I wouldn’t rule out something happening there. It might be
    explained later down the line as some sort of subconscious link to a multiverse and that’s why he manifested in that form. If it’s just a wink to the audience as some sort of meta casting joke then it’s a waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Back story helpful for people like me who had no idea who she was or where she came from

Tied up some questions from the show too

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I might be reading too much into this, but the shows Twitter account, given how it's phrased, seems to hint that there'll be 10 episodes..

https://twitter.com/wandavision/status/1365300592462073863

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I might be reading too much into this, but the shows Twitter account, given how it's phrased, seems to hint that there'll be 10 episodes..

It seems right. Sounds like 9th episode might have been broken up into 2 parts?

After this episode, I felt like one more wouldn't really be enough to wrap it all up.

Still have to find out how Agnes got called to Westview. Someone said it on here last week but I'd say she will be given her own Disney+ TV series now to explore her witchcraft origins - and also due to that darn catchy theme tune song. Maybe call it Agatha (Almost) All Along, though. Will probably become an antihero character like others in MCU.

Fantastic episode going into backstory and now that Wanda has been given her new title, the X-Men will no doubt be joining soon.

horgan_p wrote: »
    Paul Bettany to win troll of the year 2021.

"There is one character that has not been revealed. And it is very exciting. It is an actor I've longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together and I think the chemistry between us is extraordinary and fireworks on set."

Answer :
    Himself

A master class in trolling, IF it turns out to be the case...

GSPfan wrote: »
    I wouldn’t rule out something happening there. It might be
    explained later down the line as some sort of subconscious link to a multiverse and that’s why he manifested in that form. If it’s just a wink to the audience as some sort of meta casting joke then it’s a waste.

I'd much prefer if it's just a nod to the audience. I've said it before but they can't bring in the Fox X-men. Everything about them is so muddled with different actors in the same roles, a huge amount of retconning and convulted storylines, plus there's only so much more you could get out of some of the actors at this stage. Even this fake version of Pietro was a teenager in the 70's when he first appeared in Days of Future Past. It makes no sense that he'd be a multiverse version of Wanda's brother.

I thought it was a genius move to have fake Pietro be the actor from the Fox X-men films for the recast joke and as fan-service to the audience, but to try tie it in any logical way into the MCU really just isn't worth it.

When it comes to the X-Men in the MCU, Marvel would be much better off wiping the slate clean and starting afresh. Hell even Deadpool largely ignored the Fox films with just maybe the odd reference or small cameo appearance, but went with completely different versions of Colossus & Juggernaught.

• Advertisement

Well i think we are completely caught up with what is going on with that episode.
    Does anyone feel like this is a retcon series now? They are basically saying she had the power all along and the mind stone juiced it up. I think Wanda is going to be the first X gene mutant revealed in the MCU. They are basically reinventing her as The Scarlet Witch character who is a mutant.

That’s what it seems like to me.

Well given the time Pietro & Wanda were introduced into the MCU in The Winter Soldier mid credits and Strucker referring to them both as Miracles, they found a workaround to Marvel not having certain rights at the time, and now they'll be able to straight up say
    yeah she's a mutant, has been all along.

And just like you said,
    the mind stone simply juiced up her X-Gene

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    A master class in trolling, IF it turns out to be the case...

Mid credits scene

horgan_p wrote: »
    Mid credits scene

I know this, but I still think there's one more ace up the sleeve/TA-DA/Holy **** moment coming.

But IF that does turn out to be what Bettany was talking about, then tip of the hat to him for reeling in everyone who thought otherwise, hook, line and sinker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Hold on, what was that power source at the end? a stark bomb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Hold on, what was that power source at the end? a stark bomb?
    The drone they sent in.

It gobbled some of Wanda's energy.

When it comes to the X-Men in the MCU, Marvel would be much better off wiping the slate clean and starting afresh.

You’ll get no argument from me on that one. I think Quicksilver is unique in that the Fox-verse has used the same character so i can allow a bizarre link to that actor, but if they attempt to get Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Fassbender, McAvoy or any of them to crossover I’ll be completely against it. Jennifer Lawrence is the most overrated thing in Hollywood.

I’m hoping to see a long term build up of the mutant storyline without them rushing straight to an X-Men team up. But if
    Wanda has the x gene and it was in the MCU all this time then there could be a Wakanda style reveal where they’ve been sneakily there all along off camera and they were just really good at hiding.

You’ll get no argument from me on that one. I think Quicksilver is unique in that the Fox-verse has used the same character so i can allow a bizarre link to that actor, but if they attempt to get Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Fassbender, McAvoy or any of them to crossover I’ll be completely against it. Jennifer Lawrence is the most overrated thing in Hollywood.

I’m hoping to see a long term build up of the mutant storyline without them rushing straight to an X-Men team up. But if
    Wanda has the x gene and it was in the MCU all this time then there could be a Wakanda style reveal where they’ve been sneakily there all along off camera and they were just really good at hiding.

Well you might get your wish for a long term build up to X-Men, if anything Marvel have shown they won't rush, just look at 2012 Avengers as an example, and how they slowly came together through Phase 1, then the big team up movie and beyond.

That and with everything under one umbrella with Feige at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

If fake Pietro goes nowhere as this episode suggests then what a waste of time that was, especially given they're going down the multiverse route anyway. I'd see the casting of Evans as less of a clever nod but more of a pointless wind up that wasn't needed.

Hopefully Harkness has only partly got her story right about what Wanda is. I'd be astounded if Evan Peters signed up for.....that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Pietro still presumably had super speed.

Agatha said she mind-controlled him. Didn't mention giving him super-powers, I don't think.

Maybe it was all illusion, but she seemed to indicate that what Wanda was doing was well beyond her capabilities, so whipping up a super-speed spell for a regular dude seems a stretch.

There's clearly more to come from him, as we saw him with Captain blue eyes whatsherface... Lietenant Trouble, when she was nosing around Agatha's gaff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The best episode of the series by a distance.

They could have made 2 episodes out of that content and cut one or 2 of the earlier goofball sitcom episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,060 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Trolling fans of X-Men was an interesting tactic for Marvel to immediately use.
    I'd much prefer if it's just a nod to the audience. I've said it before but they can't bring in the Fox X-men. Everything about them is so muddled with different actors in the same roles, a huge amount of retconning and convulted storylines, plus there's only so much more you could get out of some of the actors at this stage. Even this fake version of Pietro was a teenager in the 70's when he first appeared in Days of Future Past. It makes no sense that he'd be a multiverse version of Wanda's brother.

I thought it was a genius move to have fake Pietro be the actor from the Fox X-men films for the recast joke and as fan-service to the audience, but to try tie it in any logical way into the MCU really just isn't worth it.

When it comes to the X-Men in the MCU, Marvel would be much better off wiping the slate clean and starting afresh. Hell even Deadpool largely ignored the Fox films with just maybe the odd reference or small cameo appearance, but went with completely different versions of Colossus & Juggernaught.

I dont think you will like multiverse much if you are expecting all timelines to be seamless...theres time fudges in the MCU if people want to get into technicalities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭joficeduns1

The emotional beats hit in this episode were phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

pjohnson wrote: »
    Trolling fans of X-Men was an interesting tactic for Marvel to immediately use..

I will hold out hope for next week. The more I think about it sure, Wanda's power origin makes sense if she's "just" a witch, but it doesn't answer how Pietro/Peter was granted his.

If I had to guess, Agatha has got some things right but not everything.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Trolling fans of X-Men was an interesting tactic for Marvel to immediately use.

I dont think you will like multiverse much if you are expecting all timelines to be seamless...theres time fudges in the MCU if people want to get into technicalities.

Not seamless, but it should have some semblance of internal logic to it, same way the time travel of Endgame did. But the Fox X-Men logic is completely f*cky on its own without trying to incorporate it into the MCU in any meaningful way (bar maybe quick cameos or references).

Trying to take the Fox X-Men and history from the previous movies and actually fold them into the MCU would be a disaster imo, and not worth the hassle.

It's why I never thought Evan Peters was the Fox version of Quicksilver entering the MCU. It just didn't make any sense. It was a way of having Quicksilver in the show without Aaron Taylor Johnson (again, I'm guessing he didn't want to return unless he shows up in the last few episodes which is still possible though given they've really limited even showing him footage of him from Age of Ultron I'd say looking unlikely), while also playing into the TV trope of recasting an actor, and surprising the fans at the same time.

Zardoz wrote: »
    The best episode of the series by a distance.

They could have made 2 episodes out of that content and cut one or 2 of the earlier goofball sitcom episodes.

While i have no real issue with any of the show so far I do think the double black and white style episodes at the start was maybe too much. Cutting one of them and adding another at the end would have got my vote.

In relation to Agatha being good or bad, it really felt like she was putting on an act of being evil. Everything she seems to have done in the show seems to be almost therapeutic for Wanda. She's just got unusual means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Re characters from another universe.
    Maybe there's more to this little Spider-man easter egg then we thought.

We all just assumed somebody thought that JK Simmons was irreplaceable so don't replace him but what if it is some first hint to the walls between different Marvel universes breaking down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,060 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

flazio wrote: »
    Re characters from another universe.
    Maybe there's more to this little Spider-man easter egg then we thought.

We all just assumed somebody thought that JK Simmons was irreplaceable so don't replace him but what if it is some first hint to the walls between different Marvel universes breaking down.

Its almost like the multiverse means different versions of JK Simmons JJ Jameson around. Or maybe its just Marvel trolling again.

If the Fox-Verse is a mess god help anyone tryna accept the Sony-verse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

whoa, whoa, whoa
    But the CCTV showed Wanda taking the body.....
    If that’s not, ye know, who the feck is that in Westview walking around?

So, is he back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe the finale next week Wanda sets off a chain of events that works through the next few series and films that ends with Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Advertisement