Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

kerplun k wrote: »
    whoa, whoa, whoa
    But the CCTV showed Wanda taking the body.....
    If that’s not, ye know, who the feck is that in Westview walking around?

So, is he back?

She's bonded with the mindstone so maybe she is bonded with his mind? So she could output the image of his mind in terms of psychology minus the memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

whoa, whoa, whoa

So, is he back?

Or Hayward faked that CCTV.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

In relation to Agatha being good or bad, it really felt like she was putting on an act of being evil. Everything she seems to have done in the show seems to be almost therapeutic for Wanda. She's just got unusual means.

I don't think Agatha is bad as such. She sees what Wanda is capable of and thinks she is incredible dangerous. She sees Wanda as the bad one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

whoa, whoa, whoa

So, is he back?

I'm guessing it's a fake video Hayward created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭nothing

I'm guessing it's a fake video Hayward created.

Did it show that? I thought it showed her blowing the doors, which in the new context isn't a big deal, and her going into the lab, again in the new context means less, but did it actually show her taking the body parts? I'll have to rewatch that episode, but I think it was just clever manipulation of the footage of her implying she stole the body. If it did show her actually taking the body, could hayward have used a skrull to fake it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

In relation to Agatha being good or bad, it really felt like she was putting on an act of being evil. Everything she seems to have done in the show seems to be almost therapeutic for Wanda. She's just got unusual means.

Yeah she seems to be pushing Wanda to her limit to test her and see what makes her tick. I'm not convinced that she's the villian, just a neutral-evil superpowered witch intrigued/spooked by sensing an impossible release of power and possibly an imbalance/shift in the world. At the end she seemed more disappointed in Wanda for what she sees has her wasting her powers. She may end up becoming a mentor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't think Agatha is bad as such. She sees what Wanda is capable of and thinks she is incredible dangerous. She sees Wanda as the bad one.
    Well she did turn her coven and her mother into prunes....not to mention kidnapping the kids (even if they aren't real) oh and killing the dog...so I am edging towards bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,060 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

gmisk wrote: »
    Well she did turn her coven and her mother into prunes....not to mention kidnapping the kids (even if they aren't real) oh and killing the dog...so I am edging towards bad

Good point re. Sparky.

No coming back from that. #TeamSparky

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah she seems to be pushing Wanda to her limit to test her and see what makes her tick. I'm not convinced that she's the villian, just a neutral-evil superpowered witch intrigued/spooked by sensing an impossible release of power and possibly an imbalance/shift in the world. At the end she seemed more disappointed in Wanda for what she sees has her wasting her powers. She may end up becoming a mentor?

Well in the comics
    Agatha is a sometimes mentor to Wanda
    , so you might be onto something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Poor Sparky. It’s a shame he had to get caught up in all this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

aaaannnnd *exhalesss*

whew.. Wandas Story!

Then! That mid credits scene! Need the next episode like.. now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

There's a clear image going around of Wanda's fleeting vision of herself, it's a beauty.

Took a 2nd viewing for me to catch the Thor: Ragnarok reference included in the episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Took a 2nd viewing for me to catch the Thor: Ragnarok reference included in the episode.

What was the reference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

There's a clear image going around of Wanda's fleeting vision of herself, it's a beauty.

It’s looks amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭klose

Very interesting to see how Wandas powers are not solely from the stone which as many like myself who've only watched the movies would assume so.

Also is
    vision 2.0 in the mid credit science a comic an original concept or has it been touched on before in the comics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

klose wrote: »
    Very interesting to see how Wandas powers are not solely from the stone which as many like myself who've only watched the movies would assume so.

Also is
    vision 2.0 in the mid credit science a comic an original concept or has it been touched on before in the comics?

White Vision is from the comics, he's basically a copy of Vision... And also a part of Wonder Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

klose wrote: »

Also is

Been done in the comics, complete with a new colour scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I was kind of disappointed by this episode. I felt that it totally did away with the best twists in the previous episodes like Fox universe Pietro and it being "Agatha All Along." Fox universe Pietro appearing was the first main introduction of the multiverse, which we know is coming. I grew up as an enormous X-Men comic fan and I hated the Fox X-Men movies. But I loved the twist of Evan Peters appearing as Pietro. I never took it to be a sign that the X-Men coming to the MCU would in any way be the Fox X-Men just an acknowledgement that those movies existed and the Pietro was the one character who'd appeared in both. If he's really just a random Westview resident that Agatha cast a spell on to think he was Pietro, that's extremely disappointing. This episode also spoiled last weeks reveal about Agatha. It wasn't her all along. She had nothing to do with any of it and is just as clueless as anyone. I always like Agatha, from her first days as Franklin Richards' nanny, so I'm happy for her not to be a villain. But that she's just a clueless witch who 'all along' was just bumbling about trying to find out what was going on, is also disappointing.

This episode also just goes reverts to backing up what we saw from the end of episode two, Wanda is responsible for everything happening in Westview because she is grieving. Presumably next week, we'll find out that's not actually true and Hayward somehow engineered the whole thing. He was clearly needling her by showing her Vision being dismantled as he wanted her to resurrect him. He even told her that she had the power to do that and was watching her with anticipation as she took in the view of him in pieces. I'm assuming that he was responsible for putting the deed to the plot for the house in Westview in her car and when she arrived some external force he arranged/knew about triggered her to hex the whole town. So presumably next week, things will get more complex again but this week really took the complexity that had been building up and wiped a lot of it away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I slight underwhelmed by that particular episode. I'll be interested to watch it back and examine Agatha's methods, at times it would she wanted Vision to discover the truth and there were times where she was trying to stop him discovering it.

It was a good episode but overall it didn't really push the plot forward unlike episode 4 which opened a whole new side of the plot, this was just filling holes that needed to be filled. It is interesting that the Vision in the Hex appears to be a new entity, I would a gree with a previous poster who said that Hayward showed the footage of Wanda opening the door and entering the room in a way that made it seem more forceful but I don't think we saw her take or leave with the body.

There's a lot to wrap up in one episode so it would want to be at least an hour I think.

It seems to me that the Evan Peters casting is going to be the new "Mandarin" controversy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

So we're thinking that Evan Peters was just a nod to the fox movies and a bit of fan service? That it's not the introduction of the multiverse

Maybe Marvel just underestimated how much fans would love to see the x men in the MCU

FunLover18 wrote: »

It seems to me that the Evan Peters casting is going to be the new "Mandarin" controversy.

Yeah I feel there's a comparison there. I will wait until next week before making judgement but to me, what they've done here isn't clever. It's cynical.

Next week will be interesting because depending on how it goes, I won't be too pushed watching Falcon and the Winter Soldier as it's released week to week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

gmisk wrote: »
    pjohnson wrote: »
    Good point re. Sparky.

No coming back from that. #TeamSparky
    Poor Sparky. It’s a shame he had to get caught up in all this.

Did we see the body? Standard Hollywood rules, no body = no death & you don't kill the dog !

Also, anyone else suspicious of the rabbit? Sort of feel like he's a character in disguise.... I may be losing it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Also, anyone else suspicious of the rabbit? Sort of feel like he's a character in disguise.... I may be losing it..

It did eat a bird which isn't usual rabbit behaviour AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I just assumed a witches familiar

I'm trying to get serene in my expectations now. For now I will believe it's just a fcuked up rabbit. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I had a bizarre thought. Someone said a while ago that it wouldn’t make sense for Fox’s Quicksilver to be in Wandavision anyway because he was a teenager in the 70’s and this is set in 2023. But.... didn’t he appear in Wandavision in the 80’s sitcom era so........ yeah it’s a stretch.

I don’t want Fox’s Quicksilver in the MCU but it would be cool if they acknowledged that this version of him was pulled in from a multiverse version of Pietro. I still think it might happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

OU812 wrote: »
    Did we see the body? Standard Hollywood rules, no body = no death & you don't kill the dog !

The thing about the dog is, was he actually real, or did Agatha just create the illusion of a dog, and then replace it what looked like a dead dog to test Wanda and see what she could do.

"You can do that?!"
    FunLover18 wrote: »
    It did eat a bird which isn't usual rabbit behaviour AFAIK.

It looks like it reverted to a cicada by the time it got to Senor Scratchy.

Advertisement