Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

201 plates - post your pics!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

godtabh wrote: »
    How are they letting them select it if its automatic? I thought it was always with the registered address?

4 Main Street
    Castlebar
    Co Dublin

Fix address when taxing online the next day, VLC issues with the correct address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Jaysus I wouldn't be advertising I just bought an SQ7..... Or any decent high performance vehicle as it's something someone else will want and not care how they get it...

Why is that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

CIP4 wrote: »
    Saw a 201 Audi A7 drive past me this evening. Some car.
    Now your talking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

m17 wrote: »
    Now your talking

Yes A7 the front and rear lights alone make it stand out.

Is it still the awful shape at the back? Never liked those or those weird 5 door A5’s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

How are they letting them select it if its automatic? I thought it was always with the registered address?
    Or register to a mates address in Dublin and do a change of address afterwards. Doesn't affect no. Of owners.
    D reg worth it if you come from a small county and its high end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why is that now?

Eh because it's a high performance vehicle and I wouldn't want to be advertising my name or family for everyone to see and then have the house raided for the keys....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Saw a 201 Kodiaq today.... why did Skoda plaster the word SKODA all across the boot... and removed the simple badge that was there ?..

Bit naff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Masala wrote: »
    Saw a 201 Kodiaq today.... why did Skoda plaster the word SKODA all across the boot... and removed the simple badge that was there ?..

Bit naff

Apparently everyone doing it..better for brand recognition

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw 201D2045 VW Tiguan on the M50 just now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seen my first one this morning, a neighbour around the corner bought what looks like a Lexus ES300h. Looks a bit like a Camry but with more chrome. Wouldn't be my cup of tea anyway.

Saw 201D2045 VW Tiguan on the M50 just now

Wonder what my Feb Tiguan D reg will be.. probably be over 15k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Bit naff

The Chinese like it. Same reason BMW grilles are growing exponentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fr. Pat Noise

I always enjoy the annual begrudgers thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Bit naff

I'm getting a Skoda, so I asked about it. It was changed due to the Chinese not identifying with the previous branding.

I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

I always enjoy the annual begrudgers thread!

It’s bi-annual now for the seventh year.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fr. Pat Noise

True! First cars of a new year are always a bit more special though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

201 cross land x in Blanch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Bit naff

Just remove them.

Just remove them.

And get a couple of turbo stickers off eBay and a German reg plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Saw a new white Peugeot 5008 in Sligo plates. Although I think it’s the dealer’s car. Also saw a new Mercedes in Mayo plates. Think it was 201MO18. Looked to be an E class in black. Actually not a bad looking car.

Amazing how I live in Sligo and I’ve seen me new Mayo players around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

seen a 201 mo x7 bmw driving through athlone this morning, awful big yoke on the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

First 201 I saw was like the first 191 i saw... A fecking Toose Haun

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭damian01211

Seen Jag last friday with 201-C-xx in Ballincollig Co. Cork, not a bad looking car. No picture as I was driving. Looks like even cork is getting new cars, not only dublin :D

Eh because it's a high performance vehicle and I wouldn't want to be advertising my name or family for everyone to see and then have the house raided for the keys....

Maybe his somebody not to be messed with :)if he can afford acar like that, he can afford a large property with large gates ha personally i feel he has nothing to worry about either way, fair play to him

If he can buy one he can afford to lose one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Seen a few Corrolas and CHRs. Courtesy of Toyota dealer in Carrigaline....

Wonder what my Feb Tiguan D reg will be.. probably be over 15k

When did you order, did you order extras? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and getting delivery next week, highline, r line would of been a 3 month wait (with extras)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭vickers209

Robbed from facebook nice car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭65535

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    This year isn't too bad but these plates are going to be very messy in 2021 and 2022 - 211,212,221,222. Good luck trying to get those regs right when you giving it for over the phone for insurance etc.
    We need 5 characters for the county and year with a couple of million cars in the country. 30 million vehicles in the UK and they've been getting on fine with 7 characters for about 60 years

The whole concept is flawed anyway. We read left to right so reading a number plate in a hurry would mean - Well it was a 201-D something.
    Like the green garage plates we should use xxxx-county-year not the current method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Remarked to the wife today that we’ve done loads of motorway driving in the last few days and have seen none. Then saw 4 in Walkinstown within the next 10 mins.

201D99 - BMW 3 series, 330 I think.

Then a Mercedes C-Class, a Santa Fe, and a Kadjar, all 201D >1000

Ordered end of November, dealer confirmed being built Jan 19 week and says three weeks after that. Highline dsg 1.5 petrol with tech pack
    When did you order, did you order extras? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and getting delivery next week, highline, r line would of been a 3 month wait (with extras)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

ba_barabus wrote:
    Here you go

Thanks, lovely car!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

seen a white MB GLC 200d this evening, with a nice reg. 201-MH-201, no photo as it was in the driveway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

m17 wrote: »
    Pet8nce.jpg

The front of this car looks like it's upside down. Quite the feat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

OK, who's got the Photoshop skills to turn the front upside-down. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

OK, who's got the Photoshop skills to turn the front upside-down. :D

499237.jpg

499237.jpg

Quite likely most will end up this way in their natural habitat.....

Always slagged the US for their SUV etc where they could only drive in straight lines and would all got to a corner and roll.

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

My first 201 of the year, and it's a goodie:

499247.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

i think 201 plates are so last year.... :-)

• Advertisement

Isambard wrote: »
    i think 201 plates are so last year.... :-)

2001 more like

Ordered end of November, dealer confirmed being built Jan 19 week and says three weeks after that. Highline dsg 1.5 petrol with tech pack

wtf, also got tech pack and a few little extras, looking like i'm about to get a call stating mine has been delayed or the dealer had already ordered a number of Tiguans:rolleyes:

anyway, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

mailforkev wrote: »
    The Chinese like it. Same reason BMW grilles are growing exponentially.

Now there is an ugly grill the new BMW grill. I seen a couple and it actually looks quite cheap. I think a smaller grill of a higher quality would look much better.

No don't think so. I think they are quite a classy stylish car and they stand out from all the other boring cars.
    Spocker wrote: »
    My first 201 of the year, and it's a goodie:

499247.jpg

Is that a 3?

The best looking Tesla so far has been the S the rest of them have not looked as good. They look a bit plain with the new flat front.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Now there is an ugly grill the new BMW grill. I seen a couple and it actually looks quite cheap. I think a smaller grill of a higher quality would look much better.

No don't think so. I think they are quite a classy stylish car and they stand out from all the other boring cars.

Is that a 3?

The best looking Tesla so far has been the S the rest of them have not looked as good. They look a bit plain with the new flat front.

Well the pick up thing is out of this world.....

Like something out of a skip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Needs more lights

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Raimis_anseo

My 5 year old son in school chats with his friends about Tesla and how they are the future cars.

This is clever marketing in the long run !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Well the pick up thing is out of this world.....

Like something out of a skip

It's like a skip,not something that came out of one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

My 5 year old son in school chats with his friends about Tesla and how they are the future cars.

This is clever marketing in the long run !

Yea.. Tesla will be a dim and distant memory when your son is able to drive legally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Spotted this today. 201 on a plate seems strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

Spotted on facecloth today !!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement