Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

201 plates - post your pics!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

CoBo55 wrote: »
    6k to get back into a new one is very good in fairness. The rest of your post is just talking bollox.

Affordable driving? Sure i could buy 1 of the Dacia Sandero's for 8k brand new.

8k for a new car is nothing to be sneered at.

I wouldn't pay €6k to be in one....

Each to their own and all that, he just prefers not to be in debt (older generation)

I suggested something alone the lines of a Toyota Aygo for the same budget but he likes the space in the Dacia Logan as he goes fishing etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Each to their own and all that, he just prefers not to be in debt (older generation)

I suggested something alone the lines of a Toyota Aygo for the same budget but he likes the space in the Dacia Logan as he goes fishing etc...

Neither you nor your dad need to justify choice of car or how much you are comfortable paying.

This thread is all about new cars, cheap cars, expensive cars doesn't matter just post them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Havent seen anything special so far 201 wise discovery and a few corollas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Apologies if posted somewhere else but what are the sales figures like for cars this year compared to last year. So far I have spotted a grand total of 2, previous years I'd be at 20+ by now, maybe I'm just not noticing them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

The op of this thread is 201 cars -pictures
    Ie. A photo of the car with 201 plate , that’s a picture lads not the reg number !
    So before i go Its a picture !

Down 1.8% apparently on last year 13344 registered so far Toyota leading the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I agree sales seem slow so far this year. I seen a couple of new ones today including a Skoda Kodiak. Surprised thought with the new decade car sales would be flying out of the showrooms just like in 2000 altought that was a new millenium as well. Seen a 00 Renault Megane Classic today as well and in good condition too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The VW Group stuff always takes a while to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

ofcork wrote: »
    Down 1.8% apparently on last year 13344 registered so far Toyota leading the way.

Where did you find that?

• Advertisement

Newspaper article independent I think.

20200128_120844.jpg

arrived at last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No fewer than 2 new 201 reg Ford EcoSports out at work, a Titanium and a ST Line. What is the world coming to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

bazz26 wrote: »
    No fewer than 2 new 201 reg Ford EcoSports out at work, a Titanium and a ST Line. What is the world coming to?

Brazilians or Turkish people desiring a car designed for their home markets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

nope

Ms

Maybe thay just want a car they can spot easily in the car park lol as its taller than a lot of other cars.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Wasn't quick enough to get a pic, but saw a 201 D 911 today on a, you guessed it, a gorgeous 911.

Fair play to whoever organised that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

201 T Passat R Line in Lapiz blue in the work car park today, looks well.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

Anyone got the stats for jan ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

GusGus wrote: »

Should be out on Monday.

The Beepbeep.ie is usually fast to update at start of month for the previous month.

1st of February is on a Saturday though so they may update on Monday instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭scooby77

Redordead has posted some provisional EV and hybrid sales figures in the EV & Hybrid forum...looks like a good month for Toyota anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Back about 5 percent over all. Toyota well ahead.

Who knows what could be registered tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

So has anyone got the stats after jan ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

So has anyone got the stats after jan ?

You’ll probably have to wait until Monday.

Anecdotally I know someone in work bought a car this time last year and someone who bought one in similar time this year. If the number plates are anything to go by you could be seeing a 10% drop in new car sales. But this is only one county. We shall see though.

Just saw a 201 dark blue M4 in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Black 201-C e-tron in Cork with cameras instead of the side mirrors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Black 201-C e-tron in Cork with cameras instead of the side mirrors

Thatll be an expensive day they mirror clip someone, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Parapara2017

UtO9rws.jpg
    201 RS Trophy.

Have to say the colour for this car is definitely the Orange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭sk8board

ddarcy wrote: »
    You’ll probably have to wait until Monday.

Anecdotally I know someone in work bought a car this time last year and someone who bought one in similar time this year. If the number plates are anything to go by you could be seeing a 10% drop in new car sales. But this is only one county. We shall see though.

3.5% down:
    https://stats.beepbeep.ie/

Biggest surprise is the EVs - almost no change versus last year and only 2.5% of total

Massive 53% jump for Toyota into top spot, and 94% jump in hybrid sales.
    Diesels down 18%, continuing the recent years of falls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

sk8board wrote: »
    3.5% down:
    https://stats.beepbeep.ie/

Biggest surprise is the EVs - almost no change versus last year and only 2.5% of total

Massive 53% jump for Toyota into top spot, and 94% jump in hybrid sales.
    Diesels down 18%, continuing the recent years of falls

Lots of stats there that are surprising even a year ago for sure.

I can’t believe Toyota sales are so high, especially the Corolla as most of them are circa 30k now. Seems like people are spending a lot more on cars even if sales numbers are lower, with many top sellers in that 30k bracket

Shocked EV sales are not much higher, we’ve never had such a variation of EV models available plus the BIK incentive in place etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Casati wrote: »
    Lots of stats there that are surprising even a year ago for sure.

I can’t believe Toyota sales are so high, especially the Corolla as most of them are circa 30k now. Seems like people are spending a lot more on cars even if sales numbers are lower, with many top sellers in that 30k bracket

Shocked EV sales are not much higher, we’ve never had such a variation of EV models available plus the BIK incentive in place etc.

I think Toyota will look skewed as the corrola wasn’t launch until the middle of 191 last year. So it could get v tamed back a bit.

The EVs not surprised at all. Very minimal gains. EVs still are not justifiable given the cost to a majority of people. The only reason for growth last year was due to businesses purchasing them.

I was nearly right in my county though. Sales were down 7 pct. Although I’d like to see what the imports numbers are. I know one person who bought a new diesel here and two who imported a diesel from the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭scooby77

Casati wrote: »
    Seems like people are spending a lot more on cars even if sales numbers are lower, with many top sellers in that 30k bracket

Mercedes up 24%, BMW 10% and Audi up marginally. As for Toyota, Rav4 up almost 40%, they start at almost €37k....plenty money still out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

scooby77 wrote: »
    Mercedes up 24%, BMW 10% and Audi up marginally. As for Toyota, Rav4 up almost 40%, they start at almost €37k....plenty money still out there!

PCP possibly the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Here’s my already scruffy 201 have to agree the sales seem really down at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭sk8board

scooby77 wrote: »

Mercedes and Audi got killed last jan (- 25-30%) because of delays passing the wltp standards and bmw didn’t get the new 3 series landed until March.

If you want a family suv that’s a hybrid and not a diesel or petrol, the Rav 4 is on a very short list of posssibilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

ddarcy wrote: »
    I think Toyota will look skewed as the corrola wasn’t launch until the middle of 191 last year. So it could get v tamed back a bit.

The EVs not surprised at all. Very minimal gains. EVs still are not justifiable given the cost to a majority of people. The only reason for growth last year was due to businesses purchasing them.

I was nearly right in my county though. Sales were down 7 pct. Although I’d like to see what the imports numbers are. I know one person who bought a new diesel here and two who imported a diesel from the UK.

The Toyota Corolla figures are skewed, the new Corolla hatchback was launched on the 16th January 2019, the Corolla saloon and Corolla Sports Touring was in mid-February, but the other factor is the old Corrolla hatchback was called the Auris, so the figures for the Corolla and the Auris should be totaled together.

GeneHunt wrote: »
    The Toyota Corolla figures are skewed, the new Corolla hatchback was launched on the 16th January 2019, the Corolla saloon and Corolla Sports Touring was in mid-February, but the other factor is the old Corrolla hatchback was called the Auris, so the figures for the Corolla and the Auris should be totaled together.

Yes when you do this the Corolla sales are only up about 100 cars when compared to combined Auris/Corolla from 2018.

However with the popularity of SUVs and crossovers having grown so much in recent years, for a regular hatchback/saloon car to do so well is fantastic. The next closest is the Focus with 600 less sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Yes when you do this the Corolla sales are only up about 100 cars when compared to combined Auris/Corolla from 2018.

However with the popularity of SUVs and crossovers having grown so much in recent years, for a regular hatchback/saloon car to do so well is fantastic. The next closest is the Focus with 600 less sales.

Agree, to see non SUV's in first and third places is a little strange, however I do think the Focus can't hold on to third place for much longer, as the new Puma and Kuga are out now and I expect them to eat into the Focus and Mondeo sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Picked up my own 201 plate yesterday.

49496827873_3a0e8e2fe9_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Very nice, there's an identical one in my work car park, with a T reg. Is it the TSi?

• Advertisement

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Very nice, there's an identical one in my work car park, with a T reg. Is it the TSi?

It is. The 1.5 TSI DSG. Surprisingly nippy for the size of the car. Very quiet too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Comhra wrote: »
    Picked up my own 201 plate yesterday.

49496827873_3a0e8e2fe9_c.jpg

Lovely car. Well wear.
    What's the story with the big gap between the 1 and 4 on the reg plate?

cocoman wrote: »
    Lovely car. Well wear.
    What's the story with the big gap between the 1 and 4 on the reg plate?

I just edited out a digit to avoid posting the full reg. Paranoia maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It is. The 1.5 TSI DSG. Surprisingly nippy for the size of the car. Very quiet too.

That's a beauty the 1.5 is a super engine, I love the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭chalky_ie

Tried to keep up with this on the way home from work today.

20200207-150639.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

I just edited out a digit to avoid posting the full reg. Paranoia maybe?

You've uploaded both so we can see both on Flickr. Wouldn't be hard to get the right reg anyway

This is it wrote: »
    You've uploaded both so we can see both on Flickr. Wouldn't be hard to get the right reg anyway

Not too big a deal either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Is that the Atlantic blue colour on the Passat? Picking up my tiguan Tuesday

Not too big a deal either way.

That's what you think. Just from that plate I've gotten his home address, pps number, blood type and his last three confessions from the server at his parish church.

Ms

conor-w wrote: »

20200207-150639.jpg

How did that go?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement