Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

201 plates - post your pics!

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Is that the Atlantic blue colour on the Passat? Picking up my tiguan Tuesday

No, it's Lapiz Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Parapara2017

qK6Sibx.jpg

It's been a good start to the year for 201s.... ��

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭chalky_ie

AMKC wrote: »
    Tried to keep up with this on the way home from work today.

How did that go?

No bother, there was lots of traffic 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Fiesta

Its a Macan Cayman :pac:

Screenshot-2020-02-11-at-14-09-35.png

Screenshot-2020-02-11-at-14-07-18.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I like all those Pastel kinda colours, blues etc but that’s kinda... Err...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Picked up Tuesday

IMG-20200215-175827-MP.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Are any of these owned outright do you think or are they all on some interest-based hire purchase scam? Or if you own one, did you buy it? I'm interested because I found out this week that I'm one of a handful of people where I work who actually bought their car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Picked up Tuesday

I seen 201-D-15xxx yesterday. Can't rember the last 3 digits but it was a big Range Rover in Red. Just saying.

Also seen a 201-OY- Kia XCeed in white. No idea who was driving but hey they waved to me so I ws happy. Maybe they were just happy I was looking at there lovely new car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Are any of these owned outright do you think or are they all on some interest-based hire purchase scam? Or if you own one, did you buy it? I'm interested because I found out this week that I'm one of a handful of people where I work who actually bought their car.

Wrong thread... Bugger off to the begrudgers thread I'm sure there are plenty in A.H.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Picked up Tuesday

Very nice, big change from a diesel Octavia. I'm following your other thread, keep us posted on your experience, thanks. Thinking of getting a 1.5 TSI superb myself.. miss the DSG tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Picked up Tuesday

Congratulations. A lovely motor. The 1.5 TSI DSG is a very nice combination. Safe motoring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Typical Irish begrudger. I bet you bought your house outright too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Fiesta wrote: »
    Its a Macan Cayman :pac:

Great to see the flat six back in the Cayman/Boxster and that Porsche have (partly) realised the error of their ways. Obviously, it was a massive blunder by Porsche to ditch the delightful sounding flat six in these cars in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Comhra wrote: »
    It is. The 1.5 TSI DSG. Surprisingly nippy for the size of the car. Very quiet too.

Gorgeous colour on the Passat

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

COVID-19 has really hit car sales here, with March 2019 was 16,687, March 2020 was only 6,174. I expect April will be close to zero.

https://stats.beepbeep.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McGrath5

GeneHunt wrote: »
    COVID-19 has really hit car sales here, with March 2019 was 16,687, March 2020 was only 6,174. I expect April will be close to zero.

That doesn't make for pretty reading.

How have Toyota managed to increase their sales compared to March 2019?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

To be fair, it was inevitable that they were going to be down.

Even if garages were open, they would be down anyway as a huge percentage of March "Sales" are registered on 31st of March, and a host of those being rental cars, which obviously there will be a lot less of a demand for this year.

There were 6,500 cars registered in the last three days of March last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

how many of the state car rentals are Toyota

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

McGrath5 wrote: »
    That doesn't make for pretty reading.

How have Toyota managed to increase their sales compared to March 2019?

Corolla seems to be responsible, perhaps staggered deliveries with a big batch arriving over March before dealers shut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

To make matters worse than the drop in new sales, I imagine a lot of dealers have a high stock of trade in’s against new 2020’s that they wouldn’t have had a chance to shift yet, but will depreciating heavily.

Hopefully the main dealers are not as debt laden and have kept back decent amount of retrained profits and we don’t see a repeat of 2009 when so many of them went bust having not been able to meet bank payments

Leitrim must be Covid free - sales increased there year over year

• Advertisement

COVID-19 is really hitting car sales for April.

April 2019 was 8,904 and now April 2020 has only 344. With every place closed I'm surprised to even see 344 sales!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

COVID-19 is really hitting car sales for April.

April 2019 was 8,904 and now April 2020 has only 344. With every place closed I'm surprised to even see 344 sales!

I’d wonder many of those are demo cars registered with the dealers. I know the new VW golf launched in April and I’d assume every dealership would get a registered vehicle. I think Peugeot also has the new 2008 and 208 launched as well. I’ve seem a few D plate registries next to me (The neighbour runs a Peageot dealership).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Theres loads of other ways for regs to creep in. Gards got some new fleet delivered and aren't Renault dishing out new cars to returning doctors and nurses too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

So it's as near zero as makes no difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

The Defence Forces new Landcruisers account for 10% of that number

Just noticed two nice motors sold in May

An Audi RS5 Estate (Blue) and an Audi RS6 Estate (grey) both sold in Dublin

must be a real pain having no where to go!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

An Audi RS5 Estate (Blue) and an Audi RS6 Estate (grey) both sold in Dublin

must be a real pain having no where to go!!! ;)

Both being RS models, they may be demos. (for special customers) :)

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

Anyone get a 202 Reg ? Anything nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

GusGus wrote: »
    Anyone get a 202 Reg ? Anything nice

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058092468

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

^^^
    This thread is for 201 plates and since we're now in 202 time, I am closing it to avoid confusion.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement